Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 02:06 AM   #1011
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
Were you playing offline?
I mainly played online at my buddies, some offline other times i was there, I still notice a differnece offline, but REALLY notice a difference online
Old 09-24-2010, 02:08 AM   #1012
Andrew
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
I mainly played online at my buddies, some offline other times i was there, I still notice a differnece offline, but REALLY notice a difference online
I've always said the same thing. It's like a frame or two slower on the PS3. I've just been playing against Vince and Ryu long enough to where I can adapt to it. But at first it was really giving me problems.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:08 AM   #1013
Ryu
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Right, because on the ps3 the user is hosting through their modem. So, it lags oftentimes.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:10 AM   #1014
stormshadow75x
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
im not sure if its just the quality of online between the ps3 and xbox or what? it just seems too unresponsive on ps3...on xbox its fast and responsive and it does what i want when i want, on ps3 i could barely pull of a wakeup flash kick...i can do that with one hand tied behind my back on xbox
You're actually right, I saw a video on YouTube where they compared the response time between both systems. The Xbox version has quicker response time compared to the PS3.

My issue is this: after owning a 360 for 5 years you're going to pay $300 to play online. Add that to how much the system costs; what is that like $600?

Also keep in mind they recently jacked up the price, you know that means it will happen again.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:12 AM   #1015
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
I've always said the same thing. It's like a frame or two slower on the PS3. I've just been playing against Vince and Ryu long enough to where I can adapt to it. But at first it was really giving me problems.
I dont like that its a frame or two slower though, REALLY throws me off, I can't combo nearly as well or play how I like to play on xbox. Even if I adapt its not as fun when you enter a command and it doesn't instantly do what you want, sf is too cutthroat for that kinda delay...I think im gonna hold off on buying a ps3
Old 09-24-2010, 02:13 AM   #1016
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormshadow75x View Post
You're actually right, I saw a video on YouTube where they compared the response time between both systems. The Xbox version has quicker response time compared to the PS3.

My issue is this: after owning a 360 for 5 years you're going to pay $300 to play online. Add that to how much the system costs; what is that like $600?

Also keep in mind they recently jacked up the price, you know that means it will happen again.
yeah I dont like that xbox charges for live, but at least they use that money to make the online as best as it can be, may seem super trivial for ANY other game, but SF is so damn technical, it needs to react as fast as the player

oops double post
Old 09-24-2010, 02:20 AM   #1017
stormshadow75x
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
yeah I dont like that xbox charges for live, but at least they use that money to make the online as best as it can be, may seem super trivial for ANY other game, but SF is so damn technical, it needs to react as fast as the player

oops double post
I've never been a SONY guy (SEGA, baby!) but it will be interesting to see whether they respond to this.
More & more fighting games are being released (VF5: Final Showdown, pleaase) that require that timing. Maybe SONY decides to do something. There are a lot of requests for voice chat across games & things of that nature.

I just don't get what the PS+ crap is all about.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:25 AM   #1018
Andrew
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormshadow75x View Post

Well XBOX live has been around for over 7 years and the price has never been more than $50 a year up until now. Not too many services in the world stay at the same price point for 7+ years. It was long over due and it obviously won't happen again for a long time. Plus, amazon constantly has discounted 12 month Gold memberships that are under the normal annual fee. I've seen them as low as $30.

But if you have a 360 and and pay for the Gold membership it's hard to argue that you're not getting your moneys worth. The Netflix feature alone is worth it to me and you don't have to mess with a stupid disc every time you want to watch a movie.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:06 AM   #1019
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

ggs last night andrew, i was on since 9 waiting for you guys, and when you got on i was tired (lack of sleep) and was playing for awhile. So when sean got on i had to just stop, but before i did i had to play 2 ranked so i could finish up getting 9k bp for rose lol.

As for the PS3 vs xbox, i like PS3 better. But xbox has better chatting with people on it. So if it came down to doing fight nights on thursdays with xbox (if everyone has it) id go and buy a cheap mic to talk chit to you guys while playing!
Old 09-24-2010, 10:19 AM   #1020
Andrew
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
As for the PS3 vs xbox, i like PS3 better. But xbox has better chatting with people on it. So if it came down to doing fight nights on thursdays with xbox (if everyone has it) id go and buy a cheap mic to talk chit to you guys while playing!
Yes, the 360 voice chat is definitely better on Live v. PSN. That's why I stopped using my mic when we play on Thursdays.
Closed Thread