Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 12-13-2010, 03:11 PM   #101
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

im definatley preordering reptile! i've wanted "human" reptile in a game for the longest time

REPTILE RENDER!!!!!! DAMN HE LOOKS EPIC!!!

my excitement for this game has gone from 9.5/10 to 15/10
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 03:12 PM   #102
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

extended kratos reveal trailer!!!

way more scorp vs sub zero action!
Old 12-13-2010, 04:53 PM   #103
bigjohn550
Sailor Moon

They're saying Marcus Fenix is the special character for 360. Not as epic as Kratos, but at least it isn't Heihachi like it is in all Xbox exclusives.
bigjohn550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 04:56 PM   #104
bigjohn550
Sailor Moon

And yeah, Reptile looks pretty damn badass! But, I gotta stick with Scorpion for this.
bigjohn550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:15 AM   #105
Andrew
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormshadow75x View Post
another gimmick...
I have to agree with this statement where Kratos is concerned. Though his character and personality fit with the theme of Mortal Kombat, he just doesn't belong in this game. And Marcus Fenix sure as hell doesn't either!

Leave game specific characters in their respective IP's. I don't think it would be cool to have Sub Zero make a cameo appearance in a God of War game. This was nothing more than a money making venture on WB's part. I woukd like to know what Ed Boons true opinion on these excusive character deals is. Seems almost insulting, like his creation alone wasn't enough to sell the game well.

The skins, on the other hand, I do like. Human Reptile is awesome.
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:10 AM   #106
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
I have to agree with this statement where Kratos is concerned. Though his character and personality fit with the theme of Mortal Kombat, he just doesn't belong in this game. And Marcus Fenix sure as hell doesn't either!

Leave game specific characters in their respective IP's. I don't think it would be cool to have Sub Zero make a cameo appearance in a God of War game. This was nothing more than a money making venture on WB's part. I woukd like to know what Ed Boons true opinion on these excusive character deals is. Seems almost insulting, like his creation alone wasn't enough to sell the game well.

The skins, on the other hand, I do like. Human Reptile is awesome.
I just don't understand this logic. Of course it is a marketing move, a genius one at that. However, how is this a bad thing? You said so yourself, Kratos easily fits in with the theme of Mortal Kombat. Yet it sounds contradicting when you then add that he doesn't belong in the game. Huh?

His presence does nothing to detract from the game, its just one more thing to make this game that much more interesting. I honestly don't think Ed Boon gives a crap one way or the other. If they would have added a character that simply didn't belong, say Ratchet from Ratchet and Clank, then I think people could have something to complain about. Of course the game doesn't need this sort of thing, but then again... why the hell not?

Oh, and the addition of the classic skins = badass! Sign me up for human Reptile.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:24 AM   #107
Andrew
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Adamantium Plus Member

Just my opinion.
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:40 AM   #108
adee
Green Arrow

I like exclusive characters. The more characters the better imo. I was hoping DC characters would be an add on package. Kratos vs Batman!
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:03 PM   #109
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

I was initially stoked for Kratos, but after thinking about it I gotta agree with Andrew, I just dont see the point, MK is good enough on its own it doesnt need guest characters. Thankfully the xbox version doesnt seem to have any ex (kinda like arkham asylum where the ps3 version got joker, and xbox got nothing, sony and WB are butt buddies, so this is to be expected, just like how DCU online is ps3 only while marvel online is xbox) and ill be getting it for xbox so it'll just be the pure mk experience, wont have to fight kratos every 2nd person online, and wont have him detracting from the mk feel during gameplay
Old 12-14-2010, 01:49 PM   #110
Dan_Lebou
Statue Forum MacDaddy

It might not need guest characters but hey, you don't have to use them...
Dan_Lebou is offline   Reply With Quote