Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC / McFarlane

Old 08-29-2009, 06:21 PM   #101
riteguytu
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldspecter View Post
It's the Forbidden Planet branch in Shaftsbury Avenue in Central London that I got my Zatanna...

I was lucky enough. She was being displayed out from her box and when I asked the attendant, they told me that they originally ordered for four pieces only. But due to circumstances only one was delivered and that only one was the one on display.

I did'nt have any second thoughts, with only this one piece I just had to grab her before anybody did. But a bit bittersweet taste for the price of £99.00 --- And guess how exaggeratingly meticulous I am, I even asked for that displayed price tag (that laminated folded card where you can see the name of the character and it's price) for me to have and I got it as well. Lol!
Ah, so YOU were the one who got her...I was in there the other day and wondered where they had kept her.

Why didn't you order online? It's much cheaper...They tend to add the 'London pricing' to everything in their Shaftesbury branch
riteguytu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 06:22 PM   #102
riteguytu
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_division View Post
I don't think play are gonna stock her. If they were, they would have had her up by now. The only cover girls they have the last time I checked, were Wonder woman and catwoman.

Wonderwoman is priced OK but Catwoman shows a huge price boost - probably due to price inflation - which is why I ordered Catwoman, Black canary & Power Girl through My online comic store
Which online comic store do you use?
riteguytu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 08:54 PM   #103
Emeraldspecter
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteguytu View Post
Ah, so YOU were the one who got her...I was in there the other day and wondered where they had kept her.

Why didn't you order online? It's much cheaper...They tend to add the 'London pricing' to everything in their Shaftesbury branch
I used to order bits and pieces online but considering that I always drop by FB like every alternate weeks to stack on some comics, I just could'nt resist the temptation to have these collectibles right there and then.

Besides, I had been traumatized much on how compulsive I could be. There was a time I ordered Alex Ross' Superman online. But while I was in FB I was not able to resist buying it right there. I figured I can't wait that long for the delivery. I thought I just would cancel the delivery. But guess what? The next day after I got the item. So two pieces all together since I did not have the will power to fight the urge.
Emeraldspecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 07:46 PM   #104
JosephCPR
I am da law!

I think you've got a problem
JosephCPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 09:49 PM   #105
Emeraldspecter
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josecarlos377 View Post
I think you've got a problem

Yeah, tell me about it. I am your typical compulsive shopper. But at all times when it comes to those collectibles, when I see what I like I just have to have them.

Zatanna was the only stock in FB and months before it was Wonder Woman --- only stock on display as well, just have to get her before anybody does. And I do hope that when the Cat and Powergirl comes out, I would still have my luck and I'll will be the first to possess it from Forbidden Planet. Sorry Riteguytu! Finders keepers....
Emeraldspecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:58 AM   #106
memecomplex
Frackin!

It's good, if you can afford it! We need more people spending in this economy!
memecomplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 06:03 AM   #107
Darth_Ryan
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Man this looks perfect! I will surely get this!
Darth_Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 03:18 PM   #108
feeter
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Ordered her and Wonder Woman for below retail yesterday and they shipped out today... cant wait to get them as they look so sexy... didnt want to start a new line but they got great with the prints I have
feeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 09:52 PM   #109
supahman
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.

Pics when they arrive Master Feeter
supahman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 10:23 PM   #110
feeter
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supahman View Post
Pics when they arrive Master Feeter
Will do
feeter is offline   Reply With Quote