Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 05-23-2013, 10:50 PM   #121
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Nothing I've read makes me want to get this and I hate PS gaming so for me, as is, I'll be getting neither. Hopefully some of these things change.
Most are saying they rather just buy a PC and play games on that. Cause by the time these come out, for the price of a console you can get a PC 5 times more powerful with better graphics. Plus a PC can do all those things these consoles can do and better. Hell i used my laptop for TV and movies as it is now.

I know im not buying any release day, im playing the wait game. Took me a few years to get a PS3 and the only reason i got one was for Street FIghter 4, then i got a xbox 360 cause it had better network, then got a wii but the wii lasted 5 months and then went to ebay.

Just wait and see, let others test it out and see whats really worth the money.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:09 PM   #122
MrYac
Hercules

but I don't want to be a pc gamer, that's why I've never gamed on a pc. I like consoles so it sucks they seem to be abandoning me and gamers like me
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:11 PM   #123
Ryu
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Yeah, that's true. A lot of guys I've talked to rather make their own gaming rig than buy the consoles.
Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:17 PM   #124
MrYac
Hercules

well good for those guys, but I have neither the time, patience, money or know how to do that. hell the few PC games I have played I hated the whole hunt for updated drivers and crap I had to go through just to get the thing to play at minimal settings
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:19 PM   #125
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
but I don't want to be a pc gamer, that's why I've never gamed on a pc. I like consoles so it sucks they seem to be abandoning me and gamers like me
ya well im in the same boat, just want a system where i plug it in and play. Dont need all the stuff ipad, phone and laptop can do.

For me this is what i see whats wrong, focusing on all these gimmicks when just better gameplay on games and good networks will make games sell. Most just buy a game see its crap and sell it off. Most would keep it if it was fun to play 5 times over.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:19 PM   #126
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Why is that?
Not a fan of their network or their controller. It's been my experience everything that's cross platform XBOX does better. Granted I don't consider myself a hardcore gamer anymore as I just don't have the time so my experiences may be more limited than others here.

I will say this... I love my PS3 as a BD player though.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:22 PM   #127
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
Exactly. PC gaming has never appealed to me. Heck PCs in general don't even appeal to me, I'm an iMac guy.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:48 PM   #128
Vracula
Jedi Order

I love the ps3 exclusives , so I am sticking with the ps.I just pray they dont follow microsoft's lead.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:03 AM   #129
Ryu
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
I love the ps3 exclusives , so I am sticking with the ps.I just pray they dont follow microsoft's lead.
Pertaining to the second hand games, I have a bad feeling they might.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...d-games-block/
Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:13 AM   #130
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I have no doubts Sony will follow Microsoft's lead in killing the used game market. They've all been trying to snuff it for years now. Eventually they'll attempt to eliminate physical copies altogether. The days of owning and having the games you purchased in hand are almost gone.

The film industry is trying to do the same thing with physical media. Thankfully in that realm audio/videophiles aren't having it because the quality of streaming content simply can't compete.