Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC / McFarlane

Old 06-01-2013, 11:53 PM   #21
Xtreme2280
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I help out at a comic store in Kansas City and I asked the owner that question when I saw the solicitation in Previews. He said he didn't believe it was limited since DC Direct or Previews does not state that it is. On every order I've seen him place, if its limited it says so on the description; but thats just what I've seen and what he said. Remember, the Black and White Batmans aren't limited anymore either, and I don't believe we'll see the value on these rise like the earlier, limited releases. And that's fine with me, I just like the line itself.
Xtreme2280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:44 AM   #22
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme2280 View Post
I don't know what the number produced is on the original, but it sure wasn't going for almost a grand two months ago; and in one auction I saw, it is going for a flat thousand dollars.
Welcome to the party. This diorama has been selling for upwards of 1k for well over a year now.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:55 AM   #23
JackNapier
Adamantium Plus Member

I never post here but I wanted to be the 50,000 post in the DC direct thread
JackNapier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:56 AM   #24
JackNapier
Adamantium Plus Member

Oh and WELCOME TO THE FORUM Xtreme2280!
JackNapier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:47 AM   #25
s_paulik87
Green Lantern Corps

I much prefer the black and grey version. Tempted to pick this one up now.
s_paulik87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:19 AM   #26
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Sorry, but I just don't follow your logic on this. I'm not saying it won't happen, I just find it hard to believe that by taking a highly sought after limited edition collectible and making it an open edition mass produced item you'll see the original climb in value when demand is being accommodated with this re-issue. Time will tell I suppose.
well this reissue isn't going to be an open edition mass produced item. its going to have an ES like the original of 1500. and usually the original or first run of something is always worth more in anything that is collected. but what it really boils down to is a value of something is only worth what a particular individual is willing to pay for it. now knowing that the second issue has the same ES as the first issue. i feel that the original will still be worth more (possibly could go up value) and highly sought after due to the fact that its the first issue and bats is in a classic blue color scheme. just like how the koto bats is. the blue one is worth almost three times as much and has stayed that way since the release of the reissued black version. but then again. its only worth that much to a certain individual who feels that it is worth that much to acquire it.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:39 AM   #27
built2shred
Phoenix

statues are not comic books, I don't think first edition or second edition means anything to most people... IMO, this statue could end up being worth more then the first edition just because people will prefer the black outfit over the blue.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:45 AM   #28
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

well i wasn't strictly talking about or comparing with comic books here. i was talking on a broader scale of all collectibles. and if thats the case as far as this one being worth more. than that should be the case for the koto Jim Lee bats as well. but from what i have seen its not. if that was thru then the blue koto bats would be dropping in price on the secondary market in which it is not. at least not yet. like Hellboy said. only time will tell i suppose.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:19 PM   #29
elijah_snow
I'm the Fourth Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by superboylives View Post
Several online retailer say the new version statue is limited to 1500, so I assume it won't be an open edition. DC also states on their site that allocations may occur. Not sure if it's possible to allocate an open edition unless they mean the statue gets released in waves.

Does anyone know the edition size of the first release of the batman vs croq statue?
Was 1500,which is probably where anyone quoting that # for this cash grab (just my opinion) is getting it from. DC moved away from #ing their pieces a while ago (GL vs Parallax had no edition size, for example...and I don't think the Supes vs Brainiac or Hunt the Dark Knight dios did either)

As to this increasing the value of the original, there's been no evidence of that at all...as Hellboy mentioned, this piece has been selling at around a grand for a good long while....I sold mine for $950 in November.

And finally, I can only speak for myself (but I think many long time collectors on the boards would agree), it absolutely matters whether or not the piece in question is a re-issue...very much like the a 1st vs 2nd print. What drives many collectors (regardless of what hobby), is scarcity. Re-issues are typically done because demand was underestimated. Being able to say, "I have the original", "I bought that at retail" or "I finally got it!" when a piece becomes hard to find--or skyrockets in value--is a satisfying thing. Call it vain or shallow if you like, but it's part of the hobby.

And it does sting a bit when a piece we are proud to own-- because of the scarcity, because it was hard to find--is re-released "so everyone can own one".
elijah_snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:45 PM   #30
Lionore
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Personally i prefer the colours of the second edition, they are more Batman accurate. I was dying to get this piece but i didn't make it a few years ago. Now there is no way to miss it. I've already started saving money.
This diorama has so much dynamism and aesthetic quality, really happy for putting it out agin
Lionore is offline   Reply With Quote