Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 11-05-2006, 11:07 PM   #21
Underdog07
Hercules

[QUOTE=marvelboi77;886465]How can it be a system glitch. The system does not write it's own text, with the date that it will be shipped out. Oh well we will see.

[QUOTE]

Here's a scenario on how it could have happened - the webpage is made up by Best Buy to be released at a later date; a hacker hacks in and gives access to the page before Best Buy intended it to be put up there.

If something like that happened, it really sucks because I am sure getting the order in made many people's nights.

But just remember happiness on a Saturday night may fade on a Sunday afternoon, but you are that much closer to Monday Night Football on ESPN.
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 11:23 PM   #22
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog07 View Post
I tend to agree with you. But it is a nice summary of the 16 million posts/threads on other sites about this subject.

There's two main reasons I am wary/suspicious: (1) the listing apparently could not be reached by any search on Best Buy's website. It was only reachable through that link; and (2) the console was not bundled with anything.

Again, that's just my gut feeling.
It did appear on Froogle for whatever that is worth. That's where I pulled off the link. Some folks are saying that it wouldn't have shown up there if BB had not released it. Some are also saying that they received an e-mail telling them about the pre-sale. There has been so much BS flying around, even before this, that I've given up trying to sort it all out. I'll wait and see what happens. If I get one fine, if not fine.
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 11:24 PM   #23
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
It seems that the person writing the article is happy people won't be getting them, what a tool.
He was probably asleep and missed out on the BB pre-order.
Old 11-05-2006, 11:37 PM   #24
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

I still think Best Buy is not going to piss off people and lose sales. Yes they would sell them anyways, but I think the most they would do is make us wait longer for them to fill the order. There not going to cancel 10,000 $600 orders.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 11:45 PM   #25
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

No they won't honour the sale, it's happened before. Same thing happened on Amazon, but I believe those that did "preorder" will get first dibs once it actually is released. Same thing happened to the Wii I believe.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 11:57 PM   #26
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
No they won't honour the sale, it's happened before. Same thing happened on Amazon, but I believe those that did "preorder" will get first dibs once it actually is released. Same thing happened to the Wii I believe.
Not sure I understand what you mean about Amazon. They have not yet put up the PS3 for pre-order in the US. I know they had a Canadian pre-order issue. They did mistakenly put up the Wii and I did order one during the brief window they were up. Amazon is going to honor it. My Wii order is alive and well and indicates shipping on or around the 19th.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:00 AM   #27
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

I am sure we will all find out the answer one way or another tomorrow.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:04 AM   #28
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

I'm surprised more people have not flooded this thread. It's really only the 3 of us who ordered one....LOL. But as soon as I ordered last night I wanted to help out my buddies here.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 12:05 AM   #29
Underdog07
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurbaran1 View Post
It did appear on Froogle for whatever that is worth. That's where I pulled off the link. Some folks are saying that it wouldn't have shown up there if BB had not released it. Some are also saying that they received an e-mail telling them about the pre-sale. There has been so much BS flying around, even before this, that I've given up trying to sort it all out. I'll wait and see what happens. If I get one fine, if not fine.
Yeah, that's the one place that the link apparently appeared. People then posted it on various websites. The whole scenario is interesting. Couple it with the Bowen hacker and it shows how the internet can make simple purchases turn into rollar coaster rides.
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 12:07 AM   #30
Duke
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog07 View Post
From PS3Land

"To clear up the matter even further, the sales representative assured us that all participating Bestbuy outlets will be opening their doors on November 17 at 8 a.m. An employee will come around giving out PS3 tickets that correlate to the exact amount of PS3s their store holds. When a customer receives a ticket, he/she will be able to go inside the store and purchase a PS3."
I know that's true.
Duke is offline   Reply With Quote