Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC / McFarlane

Old 08-04-2012, 05:22 PM   #431
Gustavo Freire
Jubilee

I did not like it at all.
Gustavo Freire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 05:41 PM   #432
JohnMatrix
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo Freire View Post
I did not like it at all.
the fabric materials on this piece are bad and amateur compared to Sideshow Catwoman

JohnMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 05:52 PM   #433
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMatrix View Post
the fabric materials on this piece are bad and amateur compared to Sideshow Catwoman
Are you seriously comparing DCD's $250 1/4 scale statue to Sideshow's $2000 1/2 scale LSF.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:07 PM   #434
JohnMatrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Are you seriously comparing DCD's $250 1/4 scale statue to Sideshow's $2000 1/2 scale LSF.
I am sure that there will be a Catwoman 1/4 scale PF coming out from Sideshow and it will come with the same fabric clothes as on the LSF but at the smaller scale.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:11 PM   #435
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

Unfortunately I think the reason we're not seeing a 1:4 Sideshow is due to this one and DC's fear that sales would be cannibalized. There might be a one-year window or something, who knows. Maybe SS could do a Balent style in the interim and then do an AH!
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:19 PM   #436
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
I am sure that there will be a Catwoman 1/4 scale PF coming out from Sideshow and it will come with the same fabric clothes as on the LSF but at the smaller scale.
I don't see how the quality/detail of a PF and LSF are even on the same level. To assume the eventual Sideshow PF will have the same tailoring/fabric as the LSF is a pretty huge assumption.

As an owner of the DCD piece and over 30 Sideshow PFs I see no difference in quality with the tailoring on DCDs Catwoman. The material DCD used for the whip certainly could have been better but thats it.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:24 PM   #437
JohnMatrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I don't see how the quality/detail of a PF and LSF are even on the same level. To assume the eventual Sideshow PF will have the same tailoring/fabric as the LSF is a pretty huge assumption.

As an owner of the DCD piece and over 30 Sideshow PFs I see no difference in quality with the tailoring on DCDs Catwoman. The material DCD used for the whip certainly could have been better but thats it.
Do you have the Black Cat PF from SSC? I remember I saw a Black Cat PF in New York couple years ago and her tailoring was incredible and superior to this Catwoman MQ.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:29 PM   #438
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Do you have the Black Cat PF from SSC? I remember I saw a Black Cat PF in New York couple years ago and her tailoring was incredible and superior to this Catwoman MQ.
I've seen it in person but never owned it so I have no way to do a side by side comparison. I don't see how its superior but if someone has both pieces and would like to chime in I'm all ears.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:00 PM   #439
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

I saw the DCD Museum piece in person again this week and it is 100% on par with my SSC PF's. I liked it enough that I started poking around for one at a decent price as the store I saw it in was MSRP if not higher.

This is a great piece fella's. Just because SSC didn't make it doesn't mean it is not a viable 1/4 scale mixed media piece. Once again I am astonished at how something like this gets chastised but mediocre to out right bad customs from the Philippines and South America get "OMG that is SOOOOOOOO incredible, why don't they give you the license. Best sculpt evar! OMG OMG!!!!" posts on this site.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:03 PM   #440
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
SSC will also have the benefit of coming in with a follow up piece to something that is already out. I am sure that if DCD wanted to do Poison Ivy they could use the SSC version as a starting point and identify areas for improvement or better direction (despite how spectacular that piece is).
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote