Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 02-04-2022, 03:53 AM   #471
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shoosh View Post
?XM Studios Community?. Pretty juicy stuff on this piece. But I don?t understand what Grumpy is implying. The post doesn?t favor XM
It was about that informations was posted which showed some things in another light. Not talking about the issue from Laurent itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
Ok, I'm all caught up and have read it now... But I'm really not understanding your point. There's very little XM support on that thread, in fact a lot of people believe the QC is completely unacceptable for such an expensive piece like this.
Just a few things.

1. You had assumed that Seng posted something wrong again, he said no word there

2. You said "This company is starting to really show their true colors", but it was the Seller which never contacted XM for the issue. But it was Alex who stepped in and tries now to help.

3. Again on "This company is starting to really show their true colors", but many other collectors dont have Laurents different painted color problem. One collectors showed his picture from equal painted hands. Maybe just a QC issue.

Don?t understand me wrong Laurent has all rights to bring it up.

Quote:
And it is. It's obviously rushed. Remember you telling us a few months ago that XM doesn't have QC problems and people are just making things up? Cause I do...
Beside every company has pieces which are not 100% in QC sometimes, please show me my comment. Thank you.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 06:06 AM   #472
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
Beside every company has pieces which are not 100% in QC sometimes, please show me my comment. Thank you.
No problem, this is what you wrote...

Quote:
Yeah, more and more people reporting no QC control! Sometimes its very funny here!
Psylocke thread.... Funny thing with arguments with those who have a good memory. You tried to mock everyone there who made comments about the paint app. Remind me again what we are arguing about here? Oh yes, right... The paint app.

And since you don't seem to get it, I'll explain again. This isn't an isolated incident, every one of XMs new hyperspeed production pieces have had very poor QC, and here's the real point... It's not acceptable at this price. If you want to go and charge $1000-1400 USD for a 1/4 piece, it should NOT have these kinds of QC issues and frankly, I don't think XM should be taking liberties on drastic color changes, with absolutely zero notice or communication with their buyers. Maybe you can explain to me why Ang has all the time in the world to post on social media to tell everyone how great XMs products are but can't tell people their apocalypse is going to have purple paint instead of the blue from the prototype?

Which is a good segway to my next topic, as your other giant Wall of text I'm not going to quote. I never said Ang was in the XM collectors FB group, why would I say that when I didn't even read that thread until late yesterday? YOU told me that group existed yesterday. No... Sadly I can't see into the future. This was on the XM FB life page and no, I'm not going to search and post what was said. If you are interested, the thread is there; just look for the dismissive, condescending person who says "there's no problem" (like always) and you can read what he said, in detail.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 06:13 AM   #473
Danii99
Birdman

Gees
Danii99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 06:55 AM   #474
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Psylocke thread.... Funny thing with arguments with those who have a good memory. You tried to mock everyone there who made comments about the paint app. Remind me again what we are arguing about here? Oh yes, right... The paint app.
You really need a tea.

I asked friendly if you can show me the comment to know on which statue i wrote it, because i would never say that XM has not one time a QC issue. Why so negative? The comment was so funny vs XM overall QC and wrote a joke about it.
Old 02-04-2022, 07:06 AM   #475
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
You really need a tea.

I asked friendly if you can show me the comment to know on which statue i wrote it, because i would never say that XM has not one time a QC issue. Why so negative? The comment was so funny vs XM overall QC and wrote a joke about it.
I'm very calm, but thanks for your concern. And I showed you, it was Psylocke. There's been QC problems on every thread since then too. From beast to rhino to rogue to here...

I guess poor QC is funny to you but not to the rest of us who spend a lot of our hard earned dollars for these pieces. See, this is the problem I'm talking about. So dismissive about anyone who criticizes or talks about an issue, the first step in this is acceptance. You know full well XM has had a lot of QC issues since they moved to their new 4 month production times but of course, never want to admit that.... It takes away from the XM is perfect and it's a privilege to spend your money with them narrative.

I noticed you didn't comment or answer any of my other questions from the previous post? Please do, I'm very anxious to hear your response. I'll go get a tea, in the meantime
Old 02-04-2022, 07:12 AM   #476
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
I guess poor QC is funny to you but not to the rest of us who spend a lot of our hard earned dollars for these pieces. See, this is the problem I'm talking about. So dismissive about anyone who criticizes or talks about an issue, the first step in this is acceptance. You know full well XM has had a lot of QC issues since they moved to their new 4 month production times but of course, never want to admit that.... It takes away from the XM is perfect and it's a privilege to spend your money with them narrative.
See, and again you use an friendly explanation against me. Enjoy your tea.
Old 02-04-2022, 07:17 AM   #477
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
See, and again you use an friendly explanation against me. Enjoy your tea.
How am I using it against you? Why can't you answer any of the questions that's been presented? You made baseless assumptions about a simple comment I made yesterday and went on and on for a half page. I since have addressed your misconceptions, now I'm just asking for a simple answer on the other things that were discussed. I fail to see how I'm using any of your "friendly explanations" against you?
Old 02-04-2022, 07:44 AM   #478
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

LoL, Skilled and Grumpy are at it again.
IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 07:55 AM   #479
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLungs31 View Post
LoL, Skilled and Grumpy are at it again.
To be honest man, I'm quite upset by this piece.

I'm upset collectors have to get shoddy work, after paying so much money.

I'm upset armored berserk got to experience such a let down, on something he was no doubt extremely excited to receive.

I'm upset it keeps getting dismissed, that the blue to purple is "no big deal" and that the owner or whatever he is of the company would rather start wars on Facebook, rather than acknowledge there's a problem.

Finally, I'm upset because I was sooo close to buying this myself. It was added to my cart and I figured, we are this close to getting in hand pics and I noticed the color on their assembly video. Thought "nah, has to be lighting" and held off. My "being upset" would have quickly turned to rage if I was waiting on this and this was the finished product.

The sculpt is beautiful btw but no one should need to go find a custom painter, to give them what they originally paid for from the prototype. This isn't a cheap statue, I don't see why it's a problem to hold XM to a high standard here.

I'll shut up and bow out now, as I've derailed the thread enough. Genuinely hope people are happy with their purchase and are excited to get this in. If you are, don't let my comments take away from your excitement. It's one of the best apocalypse sculpts I've ever seen, I just wish they took the same care when they did the paint.
Old 02-04-2022, 08:56 AM   #480
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
To be honest man, I'm quite upset by this piece.

I'm upset collectors have to get shoddy work, after paying so much money.

I'm upset armored berserk got to experience such a let down, on something he was no doubt extremely excited to receive.

I'm upset it keeps getting dismissed, that the blue to purple is "no big deal" and that the owner or whatever he is of the company would rather start wars on Facebook, rather than acknowledge there's a problem.

Finally, I'm upset because I was sooo close to buying this myself. It was added to my cart and I figured, we are this close to getting in hand pics and I noticed the color on their assembly video. Thought "nah, has to be lighting" and held off. My "being upset" would have quickly turned to rage if I was waiting on this and this was the finished product.

The sculpt is beautiful btw but no one should need to go find a custom painter, to give them what they originally paid for from the prototype. This isn't a cheap statue, I don't see why it's a problem to hold XM to a high standard here.

I'll shut up and bow out now, as I've derailed the thread enough. Genuinely hope people are happy with their purchase and are excited to get this in. If you are, don't let my comments take away from your excitement. It's one of the best apocalypse sculpts I've ever seen, I just wish they took the same care when they did the paint.
One thing that I like about you Skilled, is that you have a great amount of passion for this hobby and that's never a bad thing to have. You state your displeasures for things that you feel that aren't right, while maintaining not to step on the toes of those that might still love or like the piece.

I totally agree with you that these statues are not cheap by any means, we shouldn't have to go out and find a pro painter to redo a job that we thought that we were getting in the first place.

I've stated before that this is my most anticipated statue of all time, because this is my all time favorite character villain or hero and that still hasn't changed. I know that he's had some type of purple rendered (I know that that not what was shown by XM on the prototype) on him throughout the years, especially during the early years in the comic and the X-Men cartoon.

I'm just taking the approach that I've always know with this hobby. What you see in the prototype pics is not always what you get when the actual production piece hits the market... I know, crazy, right?

Just can't please everyone some will hate the changes and most will like, love or really not care at all about the changes.

I think that it's a lighting issues but that remains to be seen until I get it my hands and under the lights for its photo session on my table.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Always has and will be that way.
IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote