Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 11-03-2023, 03:51 PM   #41
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I gotta say, I like the cut where it is. The initial render looked like he was cut in half and was very abrupt. This new version gives a better allusion to the whole figure.

I like it a lot. Hope the others are done in a similar way.
MisterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 05:06 PM   #42
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
FS? Full sculpt?
Yes, I just would like a few more characters in the 16 scale a few more justice leaguers and I?m sure we?re going to get some bat villains and may be a few green lanterns or two
mmk123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 05:52 PM   #43
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
Yes, I just would like a few more characters in the 16 scale a few more justice leaguers and I?m sure we?re going to get some bat villains and may be a few green lanterns or two
The 1/6 line really slowed to a crawl, so many other lines now
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 06:09 PM   #44
RealTweeterhead
Fantastic Four

Hey everyone,

We've joined SF to become an official voice alongside Igo. Matt (writing now) will primarily handle this account, and I'll drop in occasionally to address speculations and questions.

The Superman Bust has received positive reviews, and we're truly grateful for all the kudos and feedback. Thank you!

The decision to cut at the trunks was made to distinguish the line and provide more space to indicate body position, giving the sculpts a longer vertical profile. This feature will continue throughout the line.

You can expect to see a variety of AAA characters as well as B and C-tier characters. This line allows us the flexibility to create some lesser-requested characters.

The 1/6 scale line will persist, but we need your support. We can only produce pieces that sell, especially when it comes to full body DC. They take a lot of investment to develop. There are already sculpts in the works for next year.

We already have two more sculpts for the busts at about 80% completion, and we're eager to receive community input to help us decide what to create next.
RealTweeterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 06:25 PM   #45
Lugnuts
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealTweeterhead View Post
Hey everyone,

We've joined SF to become an official voice alongside Igo. Matt (writing now) will primarily handle this account, and I'll drop in occasionally to address speculations and questions.

The Superman Bust has received positive reviews, and we're truly grateful for all the kudos and feedback. Thank you!

The decision to cut at the trunks was made to distinguish the line and provide more space to indicate body position, giving the sculpts a longer vertical profile. This feature will continue throughout the line.

You can expect to see a variety of AAA characters as well as B and C-tier characters. This line allows us the flexibility to create some lesser-requested characters.

The 1/6 scale line will persist, but we need your support. We can only produce pieces that sell, especially when it comes to full body DC. They take a lot of investment to develop. There are already sculpts in the works for next year.

We already have two more sculpts for the busts at about 80% completion, and we're eager to receive community input to help us decide what to create next.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6661.jpeg
Views:	33
Size:	147.9 KB
ID:	165679
Lugnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 06:55 PM   #46
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealTweeterhead View Post
Hey everyone,

Welcome. Glad to have you to provide Tweeterhead's perspective.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 08:36 PM   #47
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

thank you for posting that Real Tweeterhead-It is good to know that more 1/6 statues are coming
mmk123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 08:49 PM   #48
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I'm glad to see statue companies who still maintain a presence on the forum. Welcome.

As for Superman, I'm fine with a cut at the trunks, but the fact it's diagonal bugs me. Keep expecting his severed body to start sliding off the podium. I think if the cut were blended into the base or somewhat hidden it would look so much better. But that's just my opinion. Seems like there are plenty others who are fine with it.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 09:03 PM   #49
xb24
Sinister Six

Since the bust is the enlarged version of 1/6 Superman 2.0 will they reuse the same 2.0 sculpts for the others as well: Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, etc.?
xb24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 10:39 PM   #50
prizzy726
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by xb24 View Post
Since the bust is the enlarged version of 1/6 Superman 2.0 will they reuse the same 2.0 sculpts for the others as well: Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, etc.?
Since it has some similar qualities, I get where you?re coming from, but it is actually quite different from the 1/6.

I also really like the cut as is, makes it way more dynamic imo. I really like this, and will probably invest as I don?t have money or space for real 1/3s, and I think these will have a similar feeling. Really glad he has arms.

I am excited about this line and the potential for new characters, but I?m also anxious to see more 1/6s! I?ve gotten every 2.0 JL member, so I think I can say I?m supporting the line haha.
prizzy726 is offline   Reply With Quote