Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC / McFarlane

Old 05-21-2011, 08:41 AM   #501
Freon
Howling at the Moon

The anticipation... oh, the anticipation.

Freon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:22 PM   #502
ALKUSYLx
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leplant View Post
Alex Ross, is in my opinion, the greatest artist in the world that has ever put pencil to paper when it comes to drawing Superman. That is the only character where I feel his talents have not been surpassed by others.
I totally agree...which is why I commissioned this 1/5 Superman as an Alex Ross `inspired-by` statue...with glow-in-the-dark painted heat vision eyes!

ALKUSYLx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:28 PM   #503
JohnMatrix
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Does anyone know if Sideshow got the DC license, are they allowed to do statues based on specific artists like Jim Lee, Alex Ross.. etc. or Sideshow have to go with their own style?
JohnMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:08 AM   #504
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Diggin' that Superman. Very nice!
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:26 AM   #505
Averone
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALKUSYLx View Post
I totally agree...which is why I commissioned this 1/5 Superman as an Alex Ross `inspired-by` statue...with glow-in-the-dark painted heat vision eyes!
Everything you 2 do, turns into gold!

I wish DC would wake up and see what we all want!

NICE!
Averone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:29 AM   #506
JohnMatrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by averone View Post
Everything you 2 do, turns into gold!

I wish DC would wake up and see what we all want!

NICE!
DC Direct will probably just ignore fans and keep making more Superman Batman Wonder Woman at small scales because they sell.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:50 AM   #507
Fuzzylojiks
Kindly Asked To Leave

I don't care if they make them in small scale but 1/4 scale too fully sculpted please.
Fuzzylojiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:28 AM   #508
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMatrix View Post
DC Direct will probably just ignore fans and keep making more Superman Batman Wonder Woman at small scales because they sell.
??? If "they sell" how are they "ignoring fans"? I get they are ignoring fans in the Statue Forum board, but where is their drive to change their business model when you're saying what they are doing is working. Their goal is to sell and make money. If they can sell thousands of Superman mini-statues or they can sell 250 1/6 scale statues of Mister Miracle, which way are they going to go?

I understand it's unfortunate that that's the way it is - I'd like 1/6 statues of Batman, Geo-Force, Katana, Halo, Metamorpho, and Looker based on Jim Aparo's art. However, I fully understand why I am being ignored. Heck, I'd take those as mini-statues... but, I still understand why I'm being ignored.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:35 AM   #509
JohnMatrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
??? If "they sell" how are they "ignoring fans"? I get they are ignoring fans in the Statue Forum board, but where is their drive to change their business model when you're saying what they are doing is working. Their goal is to sell and make money. If they can sell thousands of Superman mini-statues or they can sell 250 1/6 scale statues of Mister Miracle, which way are they going to go?

I understand it's unfortunate that that's the way it is - I'd like 1/6 statues of Batman, Geo-Force, Katana, Halo, Metamorpho, and Looker based on Jim Aparo's art. However, I fully understand why I am being ignored. Heck, I'd take those as mini-statues... but, I still understand why I'm being ignored.
Not only they are ignoring Statueforum fans, they are doing that to fans from Sideshow Freaks DC section and other forums as well. I would buy the characters (Mister Miracle, Geo-Force, Katana, Halo, Metamorpho, Looker) at 1:6 scale. DC Direct can make those obscure folks as long as they can balance them out with mainstream characters like Bowen's business model. They chose not to because they know we will buy whatever they make since they are the only one making DC statues like Mr. Bruckner said. :batman:
Old 05-27-2011, 02:30 PM   #510
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMatrix View Post
Not only they are ignoring Statueforum fans, they are doing that to fans from Sideshow Freaks DC section and other forums as well. I would buy the characters (Mister Miracle, Geo-Force, Katana, Halo, Metamorpho, Looker) at 1:6 scale. DC Direct can make those obscure folks as long as they can balance them out with mainstream characters like Bowen's business model. They chose not to because they know we will buy whatever they make since they are the only one making DC statues like Mr. Bruckner said. :batman:
Don't get me wrong - it does baffle me as to why they don't venture more often into the 1:6 scale territory. It is odd that they don't even TRY, beyond those Chris Reeve/Lynda Carter/Michael Keaton statues. They may have success with the mini-statues and the 1:8 scales, but how do they know a 1:6 line wouldn't be as profitable? They packaged those Ultimate Showdown mini-statues together asking consumers to commit to what I'd imagine would be close to their 1:6 pricing for one piece. I can't imagine that they could not find equal success with a 1:6 line.

On the one hand, I understand them sticking with a proven formula that must work, I'm assuming. On the other hand, I just don't see why they don't test the waters with a 1:6 line.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote