Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-10-2014, 08:21 AM   #531
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

How long before we see 'recast' versions of these. Especially if the price rises on any of them.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 08:39 AM   #532
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Torpedo View Post
How long before we see 'recast' versions of these. Especially if the price rises on any of them.
There's already an Ivy one on Ebay for over $200!
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 09:44 AM   #533
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

It would be hard to fake a seal embossed on these prints
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 12:33 PM   #534
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

I dont think they'll bother with the seal.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 12:42 PM   #535
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnShinNoi View Post
That Poison Ivy print is approaching triple the original price. Then again, it's two people stuck in a bidding war so either;

a) They're new to eBay and don't know the tricks.

b) A friend is driving up the price.
I agree. The other thing to consider is that print flippers have been artificially inflating secondary market prices up front for years. Give things a chance to settle out and once folks have these in hand the 'real' secondary market value will be revealed. TBH, as one who has dabbled in print collecting for years, these 'art prints' are not the hottest commodities in that community. Movie and gig prints are king with these type of character prints falling in somewhere behind that.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 06:48 PM   #536
azurepred
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Torpedo View Post
That's like asking when will a recast version be made of any said poster or print......I wouldn't take a recast of a limited and signed piece for free.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 06:51 PM   #537
azurepred
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
I agree. The other thing to consider is that print flippers have been artificially inflating secondary market prices up front for years. Give things a chance to settle out and once folks have these in hand the 'real' secondary market value will be revealed. TBH, as one who has dabbled in print collecting for years, these 'art prints' are not the hottest commodities in that community. Movie and gig prints are king with these type of character prints falling in somewhere behind that.
I guess you dont follow the aftermarket prices on convention lau prints? Some of them go for $150 easy,the rarer ones anyways ....... Those are smaller and not even numbered .
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 02:21 AM   #538
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

I received a Sideshow Originals 10% coupon for ordering the Kier print. I wasn't expecting that. Now I don't need to wait for Gallevarbe before ordering Xiall. Makes me wish I ordered Gallevarbe locally now because that was the main incentive for doing it through Sideshow...Oh well.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 02:43 AM   #539
felixckf
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnShinNoi View Post
I received a Sideshow Originals 10% coupon for ordering the Kier print. I wasn't expecting that. Now I don't need to wait for Gallevarbe before ordering Xiall. Makes me wish I ordered Gallevarbe locally now because that was the main incentive for doing it through Sideshow...Oh well.
last time i asked SS about that 10% coupon, they said customer will be receive the coupon 40 days after the product ship . it's a nice change .
felixckf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 07:34 AM   #540
Synzaic
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Ya just got my 10% coupon also....hmmm what to do?

I have queen on order....and I think I will just use a $25 cotd coupon on the red death.

I think kier has a better chance of selling out before Gallevarbe....so I think I will use my 10% off coupon on kier once the edition size is announced (might as well not be part of the preorders that increases the es).

Then hopefully I get my 10% queen code to use on gallevarbe before she sells out.

By then I will have three different codes rotating so I should get 10% off the whole line.
Synzaic is offline   Reply With Quote