Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-24-2023, 09:53 AM   #531
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Based on some of the comments that people supposedly only bought the green because of the ES, no, I don't think some of you can. And I am perfectly fine being in "the minority."

Anywho, we can get back to discussing the statue. There's nothing more to say here.
Nah you greenies are weird just like lefties.
We will reeducate you to see the errors of your ways!
As we all know there is only one true path to collecting: the Forps way, no variants!
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 10:09 AM   #532
Onewiththeforce
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

just looking forward to getting my Ivy.
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 10:10 AM   #533
jeremydmc
Suicide Squad

HA HA HA, if there is an option to have the Normal skin or Green skin I always buy the green. I blame it on seeing Yvonne Craig as an Orion at such a young age.

jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 10:45 AM   #534
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
HA HA HA, if there is an option to have the Normal skin or Green skin I always buy the green. I blame it on seeing Yvonne Craig as an Orion at such a young age.

bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 10:55 AM   #535
qz33
Baron Zemo

Kirk had best watch out before the Jolly Green Giant comes home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post

qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 11:13 AM   #536
TheHumanist
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
We?re doing conspiracy theories now?
As we're dealing with a statue here, not an art print, it seems trivial to me to expect the official photo gallery to include photos of all the areas of the statue and from various angles, assisting in the evaluation of the statue when considering a purchase. In my opinion this is not the case here. The comment about Sideshow was meant as a joke, but the complaint remains.

About my first comment yesterday, I'll elaborate a bit: I'm surely not an expert in anatomy, but I find the left upper body of the statue to be somewhat unnatural:

I can't say the same about the right side, and this is not because I find it more natural, but because we received no clear photos of it, making assessment impossible.

I'll go further this time and add a third complaint, about the base: In my opinion it doesn't add much to the statue besides height, and the added height compared to most 1/4 statues limits display options in some arrangements.

I realize I'm the only one here thus far daring to express any negative opinions about this statue. I hope that no one here finds this unacceptable.
TheHumanist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 11:24 AM   #537
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHumanist View Post
As we're dealing with a statue here, not an art print, it seems trivial to me to expect the official photo gallery to include photos of all the areas of the statue and from various angles, assisting in the evaluation of the statue when considering a purchase. In my opinion this is not the case here. The comment about Sideshow was meant as a joke, but the complaint remains.

About my first comment yesterday, I'll elaborate a bit: I'm surely not an expert in anatomy, but I find the left upper body of the statue to be somewhat unnatural:

I can't say the same about the right side, and this is not because I find it more natural, but because we received no clear photos of it, making assessment impossible.

I'll go further this time and add a third complaint, about the base: In my opinion it doesn't add much to the statue besides height, and the added height compared to most 1/4 statues limits display options in some arrangements.

I realize I'm the only one here thus far daring to express any negative opinions about this statue. I hope that no one here finds this unacceptable.
For me, the base is the weakest part of the statue so you are not in the minority. I still ordered the piece however as the Ivy figure itself is one of the best I've seen.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 11:27 AM   #538
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Based on some of the comments that people supposedly only bought the green because of the ES, no, I don't think some of you can. And I am perfectly fine being in "the minority."

Anywho, we can get back to discussing the statue. There's nothing more to say here.
Yeah, I'm not a fan of extra snarky qz lately.

So I finally had time post SDCC to really go over all the Ivy pics today, which I haven't looked at since PO. I am 100% thrilled with the green version. It just fits so well with the concept/design of the piece. My first 1/4 Ivy, and I am so glad I waited. I do see a little bit of seam line where the thighs meet the pelvis? Or is that just the difference between the more solid body suit, and what appears to be more translucent thigh panels?
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 11:32 AM   #539
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHumanist View Post
Don't worry about it. People are allowed to post their criticisms freely, despite some people on this forum who go out of their way to attack those they don't agree with.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 11:35 AM   #540
PCS_Sagat_Buyer
Mephisto

i love this statue but if i see it selling for 2-3x the price on the aftermarket id be tempted to sell.
PCS_Sagat_Buyer is offline   Reply With Quote