Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 05-06-2024, 08:44 AM   #461
67L88Stingray
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forps is back View Post
I agree, 67L88Stingray.

Truth hurts, 67L88Stingray. Collectors do not want to accept it. Even companies don't.

The likeness is simply NOT there. Why sugarcoat it? It is ~ 73% but for the amount of money JND asks, it should be 90%. You ask for insane prices, you brag that you are the best, then you should also DELIVER.

Frankly speaking, one of the reasons this hobby got destroyed with the crazy prices, is collectors accepting SUB-PAR quality for the money they are paying and companies seeing that and taking advantage.

You ask for insane prices = no excuses = you must deliver

Nevertheless, i am not going to comment on specific threads regarding products of other companies (at least Sideshow accepts criticism). I am mainly going to comment on my 2 general threads or the general Prime1 thread.

No need to argue with JND's online army. They behave exactly like the old XM's online army behaved. JND for them = religion. No criticism accepted.

So i am going to mainly comment on general threads (maybe a bit on ECC also).
Unlike many, JND also seems to look better in person though, so that may bridge some of the likeness gap. Pieces like Catwoman look frankly horrible in some pics, but great in hand.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 01:29 PM   #462
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

It would be madness to make something that costs $2549 an impulsive buy, especially when the quality is questionable.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 04:32 PM   #463
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyist View Post
It would be madness to make something that costs $2549 an impulsive buy, especially when the quality is questionable.
We’re all a little mad to be involved in this hobby. Some more than others

Heck, just because I bought a Lego set for my nephew recently, something I hadn’t bought in many decades. On impulse I kind of went on a buying spree, and just from 5 sets (3 Marvel and 2 Star Wars) they pretty much ended up costing the same as a single JND piece. Damn, Lego is expensive.

The primary reason I wouldn’t order this is, is that I keep on thinking of future near guaranteed preorders (1/3 Neo and future 1/3 Queen MCU pieces), and I just don’t have the space for them, let alone this.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 12:45 AM   #464
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
We?re all a little mad to be involved in this hobby. Some more than others

Heck, just because I bought a Lego set for my nephew recently, something I hadn?t bought in many decades. On impulse I kind of went on a buying spree, and just from 5 sets (3 Marvel and 2 Star Wars) they pretty much ended up costing the same as a single JND piece. Damn, Lego is expensive.

The primary reason I wouldn?t order this is, is that I keep on thinking of future near guaranteed preorders (1/3 Neo and future 1/3 Queen MCU pieces), and I just don?t have the space for them, let alone this.
Lego is legalized crack - in a child friendly package. It's amazing stuff, costly - but amazing.

Just thinking about it gets my bank account shaking.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 02:39 PM   #465
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Good thing I am not interested in Lego but I do like their Architecture series.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 08:07 AM   #466
cking
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I personally think they got this a lot closer than people are giving them credit for.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JND-Updated Reeve2.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	290.4 KB
ID:	170426  
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 08:54 AM   #467
Dukebox
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
I personally think they got this a lot closer than people are giving them credit for.
I agree.

The only thing that I hope they tweak is the left eye - but I can't wait to get them. I've never seen a JND statue for real, but have watched peoples reviews and they all seem to say they look even better in hand.

It'll be interesting to see if they transfer this over to a 1/6 scale 'Kojun Works' piece like they did with the Bale Batman and Ledger Joker.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JND Statue 12.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	170427  
Dukebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 09:37 AM   #468
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukebox View Post
I agree.
Welcome to the forum
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 04:25 PM   #469
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukebox View Post
I agree.

The only thing that I hope they tweak is the left eye - but I can't wait to get them. I've never seen a JND statue for real, but have watched peoples reviews and they all seem to say they look even better in hand.

It'll be interesting to see if they transfer this over to a 1/6 scale 'Kojun Works' piece like they did with the Bale Batman and Ledger Joker.
Most statues and figures look better in hand. You’re able to see finer details with your own eyes. But don’t expect to see a drastic difference. I only have the JND Wonder Woman, and it pretty much looks exactly how it does in everyone’s photos and videos. Again, the only difference is that you’re able to pick out the minute details in the silicone, just like with most silicone pieces out there.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 04:39 PM   #470
omigeo
The Tick

Hmm needs tweaking
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote