Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 07-22-2023, 06:59 AM   #31
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Yes, ECC is a sub-brand under Toynami owned by George, so they are not in any imminent risk of going under. He made many Chronicle pieces, so he knows full well that there are plenty of customers for expensive quality JP offerings(which is why I was initially surprised at the hesitation). Had Chronicle not been cheapskates near the end he would have made more too, and perhaps saved them from going under. At the very least we would have had another raptor bust from TLW to match the JP one George did for them.

No, I was never affiliated with Chronicle, the forum trolls that loved to trash them always foolishly pushed that narrative. Many of them got banned, but in the end it didn't matter, and we lost the opportunity for a lot more great pieces from them.
Yes, i know that George owns Toynami that produces ECC's stuff.

I am still a bit of cautious though regarding JP fans base and their financial abilities/means. I can't believe that JP fan base is so deep and has the numbers to sustain such expensive and extensive lines. I maybe wrong and George right, but i believe that George of a couple years ago had a better grasp of JP's potential.

As for the rumours, they stemmed from a guy that had a complete database of guys on Facebook, forums etc, their affiliation etc. He also knew and told me things i could not believe at the time (OUTRAGEOUS things about what was happening behind the curtains) and although i did not believe him, in the end he was always right. He was definitely an insider and knew things, users, even their nicknames and real name, even nicknames that some sculptors used or nicknames that employees from various companies used in order to not get detected. He told me various things about guys on this forum, you were one of them. I've lost touch with him ~2y ago, i don't know what he is doing nowadays. I don't even know if his name (Facebook name) he used was real or not or who he really was. I bet he was an insider.

Nevertheless, i believe you. And as the quote says, "It's being here now that's important. There's no past and there's no future"
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 07:43 AM   #32
franktank
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
It's the fell beast from Lord of the Ring. Love that piece.
Awesome, I'm diggin the orange one for sure

Last edited by franktank; 07-22-2023 at 07:44 AM. Reason: quote
franktank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 03:31 PM   #33
Max Shreck
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
Don't worry about it. You ain't a stakeholder or anything. We are all here to enjoy and appreciate these pieces, not to analyze a business. Stop it already...it's annoying.
Exactly. Who the hell is this guy anyway? Giving out his brains in the Sideshow threads as well.
Max Shreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 03:44 PM   #34
67L88Stingray
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forps is back View Post
Yes, i know that George owns Toynami that produces ECC's stuff.

I am still a bit of cautious though regarding JP fans base and their financial abilities/means. I can't believe that JP fan base is so deep and has the numbers to sustain such expensive and extensive lines. I maybe wrong and George right, but i believe that George of a couple years ago had a better grasp of JP's potential.

As for the rumours, they stemmed from a guy that had a complete database of guys on Facebook, forums etc, their affiliation etc. He also knew and told me things i could not believe at the time (OUTRAGEOUS things about what was happening behind the curtains) and although i did not believe him, in the end he was always right. He was definitely an insider and knew things, users, even their nicknames and real name, even nicknames that some sculptors used or nicknames that employees from various companies used in order to not get detected. He told me various things about guys on this forum, you were one of them. I've lost touch with him ~2y ago, i don't know what he is doing nowadays. I don't even know if his name (Facebook name) he used was real or not or who he really was. I bet he was an insider.

Nevertheless, i believe you. And as the quote says, "It's being here now that's important. There's no past and there's no future"
Not sure why you are hesitant, there have been many already and they always sell well. You should check the prop auctions if you have any doubt, JP stuff sells very strong there too.

As far as "some guy" who had a database, plenty of people like to think they know things, but few do. Unfortunately, this platform like most other social sites you can't know for sure with everyone having an equal say. I am not nor was ever an employee of any statue company, just someone who actually speaks to the people who run/own companies I buy from when I can to get my info. Sure, they can lie and that has happened to me before, but I still would trust that over some shady facebook guy that I don't even know.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 05:30 PM   #35
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Not sure why you are hesitant, there have been many already and they always sell well. You should check the prop auctions if you have any doubt, JP stuff sells very strong there too.

As far as "some guy" who had a database, plenty of people like to think they know things, but few do. Unfortunately, this platform like most other social sites you can't know for sure with everyone having an equal say. I am not nor was ever an employee of any statue company, just someone who actually speaks to the people who run/own companies I buy from when I can to get my info. Sure, they can lie and that has happened to me before, but I still would trust that over some shady facebook guy that I don't even know.
You obviously know the JP community better than i do. But i still doubt that it has the needed depth and also guys with really deep pockets/financial abilities to follow in an "arms race" with multiple new offerings and expensive offerings (emphasis on expensive). I would be a bit more cautious like George was a few years back as you informed me.

Nevertheless, thank you, my friend 67L88Stingray.

I am more relieved now cause i love Steve and his 2 new lines (this one and Hellboy's) are huge financial risks.

I hope you are right in your estimation regarding the ability of JP fans base to sustain expensive AND extensive offerings.

See you and thank you!
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2023, 07:19 PM   #36
Adam_Warlock
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forps is back View Post
Sadly but it doesnt. If you get this whole line, your man cave full of Dinos, of eggs, of relics will look like a paleontological museum.

The same applies to collections of LOTR i see online. They only have LOTR along with swords, with artifacts etc.

Their spaces DONT look classy.

They look like the MEDIEVAL segment of a museum.

Sit down for 1 minute, think about it and you would instantly get what i am saying.

Nevertheless, i am happy for you but i wont follow ECC for the first time in a decade (?). I don't remember when i received first ECC's piece.
LOL you think a "man cave" with stuff like marvel, DC, or other movie licenses like transformers looks "classy" LOL... no it looks like you are a big child who collects expernsive toys. A "museum" style statue is actually what is classey. Simple black base and design. You sound like that fat loser FLANKSTER who collects statues with over elaborate bases and loves his "SKOOOLLSS" and blood.
Adam_Warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2023, 09:57 PM   #37
Blade3327
Nightwing

Just gonna bump this post since it may have gotten lost in all the drama...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
On a related note, do any JP superfans know which Rex maquette is depicted in these JP3 images?

I remember they used images of this maquette for a lot of JP3 merchandise back in the day. The pose looks the same as the TLW maquette, but the paintjob is different.

The TLW maquette:

The reason I make (or try to make) that distinction is because I've never been a big fan of the TLW maquette, it just doesn't evoke the film character for me. But I love the JP3 version/repaint/whatever it is.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2023, 04:25 AM   #38
67L88Stingray
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Warlock View Post
LOL you think a "man cave" with stuff like marvel, DC, or other movie licenses like transformers looks "classy" LOL... no it looks like you are a big child who collects expernsive toys. A "museum" style statue is actually what is classey. Simple black base and design. You sound like that fat loser FLANKSTER who collects statues with over elaborate bases and loves his "SKOOOLLSS" and blood.
Both kinds can be classy, it is just how you display them.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2023, 09:22 AM   #39
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

[QUOTE You sound like that fat loser FLANKSTER who collects statues with over elaborate bases and loves his "SKOOOLLSS" and blood.[/QUOTE]

Great one!
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2023, 04:25 AM   #40
qz33
Baron Zemo

On a SEMI-related note can ECC complete Chronicles planned 4 Raptor lifesize bust collection, PLEASE?

And a revisit of Chronicle's lifesize Stargate busts?????????????
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote