Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 04-30-2024, 01:27 AM   #601
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Superman: The Triangle Era Omnibus, vol. 1 is announced.

I have always been hearing the Triangle Era this, Triangle Era that from Superman fans so i have always wanted to read the Triangle Era of Superman, but i didn't know where to start. I can finally start to read the Triangle Era within proper order with this omnibus now. It is awesome. (:
I remember buying these each week as they came out. One of my favorite Superman eras.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 10:09 AM   #602
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
I remember buying these each week as they came out. One of my favorite Superman eras.
I didn't know superman comics was a weekly comics back then. As far as i heard the end of Triangle Era was the Death of Superman, so DC will probably add it in the triangle era omnibuses as well. It will be another double dip for me because i already have the Death and Return of Superman Omnibus. But i got the first edition so it doesn't have the extended matrix supergirl part and stuff which was added in the later editions... :/ Do you think it is worth to get the latest extended edition ? and uber double dip, because i have no one around here to sell my first edition... :/
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 01:19 AM   #603
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
I didn't know superman comics was a weekly comics back then. As far as i heard the end of Triangle Era was the Death of Superman, so DC will probably add it in the triangle era omnibuses as well. It will be another double dip for me because i already have the Death and Return of Superman Omnibus. But i got the first edition so it doesn't have the extended matrix supergirl part and stuff which was added in the later editions... :/ Do you think it is worth to get the latest extended edition ? and uber double dip, because i have no one around here to sell my first edition... :/
There were four Superman comics (Superman, Action Comics, Adventures of Superman and Man of Steel), each of which came out monthly but the were released on different weeks so all four came out each month over a four week period. The triangles contained the sequential numbers of the weekly comics so the reader could put them in the right order.

This volume is being called the ?inaugural volume? in the description, so I?m guessing more omnibuses will follow. The description says it includes the Superman title up to #63 and The Death of Superman Omnibus starts with Superman #73, so I don?t believe you should be doing any double dipping with this omnibus.

I know CGN doesn’t ship to Turkey but the description at this link gives you the issues this volume contains:

https://cheapgraphicnovels.com/may-2...r-coming-soon-
Old 05-01-2024, 04:55 AM   #604
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Thanks Wktf. (:

I finally did it, i pulled the trigger on Superman: Man of Steel SHCs by John Byrne. I was waiting for an Omnibus, but i couldn't wait anymore... Especially when i fould the hard to find volume 4 for a good price, i just couldn't resist becaue everyone was talking about how hard to find the volume 4. HA HA
Old 05-01-2024, 07:48 AM   #605
Mister H
Youngblood

Quote:
Thanks Wktf. (:

I finally did it, i pulled the trigger on Superman: Man of Steel SHCs by John Byrne. I was waiting for an Omnibus, but i couldn't wait anymore... Especially when i fould the hard to find volume 4 for a good price, i just couldn't resist becaue everyone was talking about how hard to find the volume 4. HA HA
I have those. I like them. They look just fine on the shelf with Omnis.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 12:54 PM   #606
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Nice to hear, Mister H. I saw them on many shelves next to other collected editions from people's collections, they look really good.

I forgot to mention, i got Emperor Joker Deluxe Edition. I heard mixed opinions about it, some say it was good, some say it was mediocre, but some even say it was the worst thing ever written about Superman. HA HA I want to see for myself. (:
Old 05-01-2024, 11:20 PM   #607
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Nice to hear, Mister H. I saw them on many shelves next to other collected editions from people's collections, they look really good.

I forgot to mention, i got Emperor Joker Deluxe Edition. I heard mixed opinions about it, some say it was good, some say it was mediocre, but some even say it was the worst thing ever written about Superman. HA HA I want to see for myself. (:
To me, Emperor Joker is fantastic! I had it in SC and traded up to the Deluxe HC. Hopefully you?ll like it.
Old 05-06-2024, 08:06 PM   #608
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

I got Green Lantern Earth One, vol. 2 and man, it costed me. It is the most OOP Earth One book or what... But the completist in me kicked in and i just pulled the trigger.