Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-08-2024, 04:53 AM   #111
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
ignore list omg :P
Ignore function does not work properly.

The post hides a sec 'after' you already have seen it (small delay). And quotes are permanent/still there, so doesn't really work.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 05:06 AM   #112
Halcyon
Loki

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
That was a shame what happened to Freaks. Once they changed, I never posted over there again. I did start over there in this hobby, but even though I don't even log in , I still get emails from them desperately asking for money every year. That, along with the ugly ads everywhere, is....just sad what they turned into.
I started at four div collectible forums and stopped at Freaks bcs the site had some sort of annoying spam virus. Admin could not really find or fix it. Never had those scanner warnings at other forums. Some Forums died out..

That said,
I still love how basic, easy to operate and find everything here on StatueForum is.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 05:37 AM   #113
KELPIE
New Republic

So I've just stumbled onto this thread and it's 11 pages already.... I read the first couple pages, skipped to the end and read the last couple... if it was a slow work day I'd diligently read it all.

I apologies if anything I've said is repeating something that was in the middle.

Prime 1 the company as we're discussing it here has been around for 10 years and people were having this same discussion about their longevity and saturation of product at least twice during that time. Plenty of statue companies have come and gone in that time.

My understanding was that Prime 1 was a spinoff of their other company that produces product for other companies, so they can develop their own products cheaper than other statue companies.

Also, the owner is super rich and started this because he loves Transformers (Prime 1) and Batman, and wanted to make those statues.

I think they'll be fine but as with any pre-ordered product from any company, do your research and don't spend money you don't have to spend.

Then I guess this turned into a discussion about forums vs Facebook or something?

I love the forums and hate social media. At least with forums, the discussions don't disappear amongst a sea of content. That said, I'm old so I suppose it could just be me.

Funny thing is, it seems to be coming around full circle with a lot of people preferring to use Discord now which is basically mIRC all over again.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 06:10 AM   #114
ukshaun
Hercules

There is an alternative to:
How can Prime 1 possibly plan to sustain itself at this rate?!

Maybe they cannot. Maybe the end is near?
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 10:15 AM   #115
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
One problem, Forps isn't American, at least based on his IP address
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
He wouldn't be a certain feline fan from Spain would he?
Good heavens, no - if it were me writing those posts, I wouldn't be able to skip them.
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 10:42 AM   #116
Mister H
Youngblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Good heavens, no - if it were me writing those posts, I wouldn't be able to skip them.
Lol. I?m just playin.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 10:46 AM   #117
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Lol. I?m just playin.
I know you are, Mister H - you have the artsy eye.
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 11:29 AM   #118
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Prime 1 will be fine. They have atrocious customer service, to the point a few retailers I know won't even sell them, and awful business practices, but they do make some killer statues.

It's obvious their 1/3 scale DC line is hurting, which is why they are pivoting to more video game, anime, and 1/4 pieces. Though, I have to wonder how they are doing 1/4 DC with Sideshow in the mix. For example, the Constantine piece, the upcoming Batman and Superman Hush in 1/4. They were not collaborations with Sideshow, so maybe Sideshow no longer holds the exclusive license in NA for DC. Hell, Sideshow even sold their Constantine piece.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 01:09 PM   #119
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Ignore function does not work properly.

The post hides a sec 'after' you already have seen it (small delay). And quotes are permanent/still there, so doesn't really work.
Doesn't have a delay for me :< But yeah if someone quotes you can see but that's still good enough for me ;p
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 03:17 PM   #120
Mooste
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
I started at four div collectible forums and stopped at Freaks bcs the site had some sort of annoying spam virus. Admin could not really find or fix it. Never had those scanner warnings at other forums. Some Forums died out..

That said,
I still love how basic, easy to operate and find everything here on StatueForum is.
I guess this is old forum software. Could use an upgrade imho.
Mooste is offline   Reply With Quote