Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 09-27-2021, 04:40 AM   #481
Westhelle
Shadowhawk

I think Street Fighter reached a low point. I can't even sell my 1:3 battle dress Chun for 700 bucks on eBay. The fighting game community hopped over to guilty gear und barely talk about SF5. Maybe PCS should wait for SF6 to be announced. I am glad they made Menat tho. Best statue made by them by a long shot
Westhelle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 06:41 AM   #482
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westhelle View Post
I think Street Fighter reached a low point. I can't even sell my 1:3 battle dress Chun for 700 bucks on eBay. The fighting game community hopped over to guilty gear und barely talk about SF5. Maybe PCS should wait for SF6 to be announced. I am glad they made Menat tho. Best statue made by them by a long shot
The IP itself doesn't hold much water at this point. It has become not too far off from Darkstalkers. Just the series that has Chun Li and Ryu in it lol
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 09:08 AM   #483
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
It al happened when they made SF5 and dumbed it down.

They catered to the cry babies and people like Seth left the company cause he saw the writing on the wall and direction they went. So the hype died out with the new game and that filtered into the merchandise. Also another part is any company who gets the license just makes Ryu, Chun, Cammy and Akuma over and over.

SF4 brought in collectors asking me to paint their items and they didnt even play the game, But when I played the beta sf5 at NYCC, everyone on line said it sucked and saw 5yr kids floor people nashing buttons.

Even the EVO and online matches are boring now.

So blame Ono and capcoms direction trying to make it easy for everyone to play.

Ok my Rant is done

Is single poisons up for sale yet?
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 10:10 AM   #484
ivory7777
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
i'll tell you on my perpective, least on chun li. few months ago i wanted to get all those 1/3 chun li. but now with both kinetiquettes and prime one coming out, i saved my money for those two and either gonna forget about 1/3 chun or gonna wait when i have more money. And im guessing others are doing the same. but if you still want to sell your battle dress, about a month ago some one messaged me that he wants to buy my battle dress chun. i told him that im not selling it and he should keep checking places like ebay. perhaps, he is still interested in buying.

also few days ago, some one on ebay gave me a offer for 1/3 alpha chun li for $1000, if that was few months ago, i would have bought it in a heart beat. but now i will pass. though, that chun li i saw got sold out couple days later assuming for 1k.
ivory7777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 01:01 AM   #485
Reo
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Well, it's the FGC after all.
Reo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 01:04 AM   #486
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

I think part of it is more that that might be closer to the actual value of those pieces. I know many like them, but those 1/3rd Chun Li statues don't look good. The anatomy is really off and the mixed media looks quite bad on Alpha and standard versions. Battle dress is the best of the bunch, but I can't imagine placing it next to a Prime 1 piece will be a good look for it. The IP is definitely in a weird spot right now without much hype trickling. It probably doesn't have much to do with the quality of SFV though. FGC has always been a shill based secret club and they will push whatever game generates them money and views, which is why SFV remains one of the most played fighting games.

And everything Vince said about SFV applies double to Strive. Yeah SFV is casual nonsense, but Strive is casual trash that stripped Guilty Gear of absolutely everything that made it a good fighting game series, all in favor of an even more watered down braindead fighting game than SFV. Strive was made for braindead apes and it gets parroted on social media by legions of people who know absolutely nothing about the franchise, but mindlessly praise the game regardless. It is all about timing. The quality of the game was irrelevant. It had rollback netcoding and absolutely no competition in fighting game releases during covid so everyone latched onto it. Had Capcom tossed out some half-assed SFVI this year it would have been a huge hit too just because of the timing.

Edit: Morrigan will always exist. No one cares about her franchise. No one plays her games, but her statues always are high demand because people like half naked anime ladies. Chun Li is a character people like a lot, but almost none of the statues that have come out look even remotely good. We are finally getting two good ones with Kinetiquettes and Prime 1, but Prime 1's is mostly just okay and is also regional exclusive. There aren't even many unlicensed statues of her. There aren't even many garage kits of her. Maybe she isn't even popular I dunno. For how supposedly popular SF has been historically, it actually has a surprisingly lack of fan involvement such as fanart, cosplay, merch, etc.. It might have been biggest in the states during the 90s, but I'm not sure where its fanbase is now.
Old 09-28-2021, 02:16 AM   #487
qz33
Doctor Doom

^ Most of the fanbase has simply simply aged out.

Past button mashing Street Fighter required dedication which led to a dedicated statue customer base. When PCS only had to sell a sub 2-300 ES at ~$300 a pop PCS had SF by the mane but the industry changed and PCS squeezed too hard so was bucked off. You don't get a 2nd chance to catch a wild stallion. It was a golden time but it HAS passed.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 02:25 AM   #488
ukshaun
Hercules

@Gyro Zeppeli i like my PCS - Chun-Li Alpha 1/3 scale. Never going to sell the piece.
I view the shape as an artist impression, rather than an accurate representation of the 3D game data. The portrait was based on 3D game data. The mixed media makes the piece different to a Prime 1 piece. As great as Prime 1 are, sometimes i think they are overrated. The amount of Prime 1 pieces that feature silver/grey bases, can sometimes come across as bland, uninspired.

I own two 1/3 Prime 1 pieces, and if i am honest, as good as they look, i would say the PCS - Mileena 1/3 is better than both of them. The PCS Mileena 1/3 scale has to rate as a PCS high moment.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 02:42 AM   #489
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

It scares me to think what SFVI would play like or look like, but maybe it's time Capcom started taking the idea of making it at least a little serious. Also sorry if my last post came across as hostile. I'm just a little jaded over fighting games these days. I've been really disappointed in the modern entries. I don't want PCS to fail as they have some cool IPs and statues, but I do wish we got more bang for our buck or something. At the very least I wish the Hugo + Poison combo was cheaper.
Old 09-28-2021, 03:17 AM   #490
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
It scares me to think what SFVI would play like or look like, but maybe it's time Capcom started taking the idea of making it at least a little serious. Also sorry if my last post came across as hostile. I'm just a little jaded over fighting games these days. I've been really disappointed in the modern entries. I don't want PCS to fail as they have some cool IPs and statues, but I do wish we got more bang for our buck or something. At the very least I wish the Hugo + Poison combo was cheaper.
Yoshinori Ono announced his departure from Capcom a year ago. Who knows where Street Fighter is heading. It might make sense to start over with 100% new visuals. Many would like to see less bulky looking characters, possibly more realistic?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote