PDA

View Full Version : Sideshow & Star Trek mini-busts

madjazz
09-11-2004, 02:28 PM
I just heard back from Sideshow regarding a question on whether there would be new busts issued in the Star Trek Line. The answer was:

"In regards to the Star Trek line, yes there will be more busts. Unfortunately, we have not yet been advised as to what will be next. So sorry that I don't have a better answer for you."

This is good news.

I wrote back that ones I wanted to see next were:
Captain Sisko
Sulu
Chekov
Dr. Crusher
Deanna Troi
LaForge
a Borg

Any one else collecting these have any thoughts?

DLMEsquire
09-11-2004, 05:53 PM
I want to see:
Dr. Crusher, Lt. LaForge, Troi and Lt. Yar to complete the original crew for ST:TNG. That's all I need.

madjazz
09-12-2004, 11:32 AM
I could take or leave Yar. When you take the series as a whole, the only things she really contributed were to have sex with Data, and to leave a hole for Worf to fill.

Boy, those two things really don't read well together, do they?!?!

DDura711
09-12-2004, 12:06 PM
I'd get Sisko and the DS9 crew.
I know its not everyone fav but it was mine. Damn I loved that series.
Ooooh and a borg!

madjazz
09-12-2004, 12:33 PM
I'm also a big DS9 fan. The original and STTNG were great shows, but DS9 had something that had not really been tried before, and so in its own way was daring.

DS9 started with the whole history of Star Trek, but gave them the same location week after week. This made it so that interesting things could happen every episode, but also made it so that the consequences of any actions could be explored in future episodes. Many fans did not like the socio-political thriller that DS9 was at its best and missed out on some of the best Star Trek ever produced.

ashley76
09-16-2004, 01:36 PM
Lt. LaForge would rock but, so would Chekov and Sulu

madjazz
09-17-2004, 01:08 PM
Since they've only done 4 major Star Trek and 4 major STTNG characters, they should have plenty left to issue and still keep the line interesting to casual fans.

DLMEsquire
09-18-2004, 02:11 AM
I could take or leave Yar. When you take the series as a whole, the only things she really contributed were to have sex with Data, and to leave a hole for Worf to fill.

Boy, those two things really don't read well together, do they?!?!

Sounds like quite a resume to me. :thumbs2:

DLMEsquire
09-18-2004, 02:16 AM
I am boared with the original series! I need the rest of my ST:TNG crew! I also enjoyed DS9. I liked the politics and the intrigue. The Dominion War made for very cool episodes.

nexus
10-15-2004, 05:10 PM
I put this in a thread earlier. I like the line as well. Would like to see the Bridge crews completed and some aliens thrown in for good measure.
TOS - Sulu, chekov and Uhura (alien: green-skinned slave girl, that monster woman that would suck your face off. used to creep me out as a kid)
TNG - LaForge, Troi, Crusher (aliens: Borg and a Romulan)
DS9 (best of the series) - Sisko (bald), Kira, J. Dax, Odo, Quark, Bashir, O'Brien (aliens (Gul Dukat, J'em Hadar)
VOY -- 7 of 9 (would get the others if they were done, but low on the priority list)
:thumbs2:

mat falls
10-16-2004, 12:43 AM
i for one enjoyed viewing star trek and loved star wars. when it comes to SW, i'm a true fanboy. i have a couple of the sabers on display. maybe it's because it was so far ahead of its time. if you see the original star trek episodes, you'll see a lot of the futuristic items they had became actual items that look like their props. the minds of the writers can be amazing. question i always had, why did the new guy always go on the missions w/captain kirk? didn't he know he was going to get killed? you figured they would have a log for that type of stat!

madjazz
10-16-2004, 01:32 PM
Hi Mat -

I agree with you - how much does a communicator not look like a modern cellphone?

Hey, you are from Sideshow. How about an update on which Star Trek busts are coming next? I know you lost the Simpsons license, but any chance on getting it back?

nexus
10-18-2004, 10:06 AM
Hey Mat,

Great work on your company and product line. Would definitely like to know that more ST characters are being released. What is the likelihood of completing the bridge crews? I've been holding off on buying TNG characters because I didn't know where the line was going (and would definitely like to see a DS9 line!) How about limited editions or private commissions to get these sets completed. :buttrock: