PDA

View Full Version : Emerald City Comic Con Breakfast

Tattoo-S
03-06-2010, 10:37 PM
Breakfast invitation to Statue Forum members.....

We understand that some folks are only coming to town for the day Saturday, and have to get out of town same evening. Dinner is going to be great. Can't wait to sit, chat, and share some time. However; we don't want to miss anyone for the meet, so we are extending an invitation for those who cannot make dinner for Breakfast. We will be staying @ the Hyatt, and would love to meet up with any SF members who want to. We are trying really hard to make sure we get to meet up with all SF members. It has about 5 years since we started to get an "organized" meet together, and somehow always inevitably falls apart. NOT THIS YEAR! Even if only a few show, it will be an "organized" meet. So far we have a head count of about 7 for dinner. Make both meets, nobody will be disappointed!
Scheduled time to follow............ Please post if you want to attend.

Tattoo-X
03-06-2010, 10:46 PM
Food! I'll be there.

Tattoo-S
03-07-2010, 02:10 PM
Food! I'll be there.

LOL.....duh!

Tattoo-X
03-09-2010, 12:17 AM
We'd like to meet at approximately 8am.

Krypton Knight
03-09-2010, 02:31 AM
We're in for the breakfast! See you there.

Tattoo-S
03-09-2010, 05:07 AM
We're in for the breakfast! See you there.

Glad to hear it. :thumbs2:

Tattoo-S
03-09-2010, 05:09 AM
Breakfast invitation to Statue Forum members.....

We understand that some folks are only coming to town for the day Saturday, and have to get out of town same evening. Dinner is going to be great. Can't wait to sit, chat, and share some time. However; we don't want to miss anyone for the meet, so we are extending an invitation for those who cannot make dinner for Breakfast. We will be staying @ the Hyatt, and would love to meet up with any SF members who want to. We are trying really hard to make sure we get to meet up with all SF members. It has about 5 years since we started to get an "organized" meet together, and somehow always inevitably falls apart. NOT THIS YEAR! Even if only a few show, it will be an "organized" meet. So far we have a head count of about 7 for dinner. Make both meets, nobody will be disappointed!
Scheduled time to follow............ Please post if you want to attend.

Time of Breakfast meet will be approx. 8:00 am @ the Hyatt Hotel which is just down the street about 3 blocks. PM me for contact info so we can keep in touch. ;)

Krypton Knight
03-09-2010, 11:18 AM
The Hyatt at 8th and Olive St., right? Or is it the Grand Hyatt?

Tattoo-S
03-09-2010, 11:27 AM
The Hyatt at 8th and Olive St., right? Or is it the Grand Hyatt?

My mistake, it is the Grand Hyatt, and it's just across the street. :)

Davidian
03-09-2010, 03:36 PM
I'll be there too! I get off work at midnight, so off to bed I go, wake up early, then drive down town. Can't wait!

Tattoo-S
03-10-2010, 04:24 PM
I'll be there too! I get off work at midnight, so off to bed I go, wake up early, then drive down town. Can't wait!

Really glad to hear to it Dave: Looking so forward to meeting up with you (as tradition) has commanded. :wink2:

Tattoo-S
03-10-2010, 04:25 PM
Any New members out there, please don't hesitate to show. We want to meet up with any/all SF members.

Davidian
03-11-2010, 02:43 AM
Hey Shawna, I got a favor to ask. I'm thinking about taking the train to the con to avoid paying for ridiculous parking prices, but was wondering if I bought anything that's too big to carry on the train home, like statues, could I store my haul in your guy's hotel and drive my car there Sunday and take it with me? Would that be cool with you and John? Because I'd probably end up parking in the Convention Center garage Saturday, and since I'm getting there early for the breakfast, staying for the whole con, then having dinner with you guys, I'd be there for quite while, and would imagine it'd be kinda pricey to pay for parking. If not, that's cool, I can figure something out.

Tattoo-S
03-11-2010, 04:58 AM
Hey Shawna, I got a favor to ask. I'm thinking about taking the train to the con to avoid paying for ridiculous parking prices, but was wondering if I bought anything that's too big to carry on the train home, like statues, could I store my haul in your guy's hotel and drive my car there Sunday and take it with me? Would that be cool with you and John? Because I'd probably end up parking in the Convention Center garage Saturday, and since I'm getting there early for the breakfast, staying for the whole con, then having dinner with you guys, I'd be there for quite while, and would imagine it'd be kinda pricey to pay for parking. If not, that's cool, I can figure something out.
Not a problem. We can help you out. Sorry for delay in post. I was gone most of the day. See you in a couple days. :thumbs2:

Davidian
03-11-2010, 10:16 PM
Not a problem. We can help you out. Sorry for delay in post. I was gone most of the day. See you in a couple days. :thumbs2:

Cool! Thank you miss! See you soon!

Meta Jon
03-14-2010, 12:14 AM
WOW that was very cool - cant thank you enough for the invite.
That totally made my day, esp after so many other dismal failures at the con...

Iacon13
03-14-2010, 03:23 AM
Hey
Thanks alot for the invite. It was nice to finally put faces to the names. Hope we can meet again like that at the next show!:buttrock:

Tattoo-X
03-15-2010, 06:35 AM
Thanks Max for inviting all of us to meet Stan Lee!

WOW that was very cool - cant thank you enough for the invite.
That totally made my day, esp after so many other dismal failures at the con...

That was great! You're welcome.

Hey
Thanks alot for the invite. It was nice to finally put faces to the names. Hope we can meet again like that at the next show!:buttrock:

Ditto! See you next year.

Jesse321
03-15-2010, 08:32 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/Jesse321/Smilies/useless.gif :rant:

VinReaper
03-15-2010, 09:52 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/Jesse321/Smilies/useless.gif :rant:

Ditto!

VR

redspider
03-15-2010, 12:22 PM
coming

redspider
03-15-2010, 12:30 PM

nbr3bagshotrow
03-15-2010, 12:32 PM

I recognize Krypton Knight when I met him and his wife a few years back at SDCC. Who is everyone else?

I do recognize SL thank you very much.

abarron
03-15-2010, 12:38 PM

Come on names to faces

Krypton Knight
03-15-2010, 01:21 PM
In the group pic-

Standing L to R- Tattoo X, Davidian, Mrs. KK, me, MetaJon, Iacon13

Sitting - Tattoo S, Spider-Girl and Stan 'The Man' Lee.

Primal
03-15-2010, 01:28 PM
Very cool guys. Mustve been a blast meeting Stan the man!
Congrats!

Tattoo-S
03-15-2010, 01:46 PM
Very cool guys. Mustve been a blast meeting Stan the man!
Congrats!

It was a real treat....and we did think about you R~ as you were there in spirit. We got a few things for you, we will be posting them very soon. :thumbs2: So glad that most made the event, so sad, that some missed out (Ahhhmmmm....RYAN). We do understand, but we did miss you. :hi:

Thanks to all who "trusted" our Cryptic invitation and blindly found reason to make the group meeting.

Special Thanks to Red Spider who gave us this gift/opportunity to share some SACRED time with an icon of epic proportion, I know for me it was extra special, and though Spider girl, may not truly appreciate the magnitude of the event, someday, she will, for that I am very grateful.

abarron
03-15-2010, 02:22 PM
In the group pic-

Standing L to R- Tattoo X, Davidian, Mrs. KK, me, MetaJon, Iacon13

Sitting - Tattoo S, Spider-Girl and Stan 'The Man' Lee.

Thanks

Meta Jon
03-15-2010, 03:30 PM
Hey those pics are great - I didn't want to say anything about what happened cause I figured that honor should be yours (TattooS)
Red Spider, can't thank you enough, that was really cool!

Jesse321
03-15-2010, 06:27 PM
That is AWESOME you guys ... congratulations!!

Tattoo-X
03-15-2010, 06:38 PM
That is AWESOME you guys ... congratulations!!

Where's your pics of MegaCon? We're just getting going today. Got home after 3am.

MONSTER
03-15-2010, 07:56 PM

Why does everyone besides Chris, Julie and Spider-Girl look pissed off? You just met Stan Lee. Everyone should be all smiles!!!

Tattoo-X
03-15-2010, 07:59 PM
I don't smile. They're just easily excitable.

MONSTER
03-15-2010, 08:01 PM

I should have guessed.:doh!:

Davidian
03-15-2010, 08:06 PM

I don't either lol. You guys should see me with my fav artist that was there, I didn't smile in the pic, but I was really happy

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a236/the_death_dealer/conventions/Comicon201027.jpg

Iacon13
03-15-2010, 11:47 PM
Why does everyone besides Chris, Julie and Spider-Girl look pissed off? You just met Stan Lee. Everyone should be all smiles!!!

That was me Smiling!!!! Sheesh!!:laugh:
Seriously that was really cool. Thanks again to Tattoo S and X. As well I really appreciate Red Spider. He was kind enough let me get a pic with my camera phone as Stan signed my statues so again thanks to everyone for a great time. It was awsome meeting all of you!

Tattoo-X
03-15-2010, 11:49 PM
That was me Smiling!!!! Sheesh!!:laugh:
Seriously that was really cool. Thanks again to Tattoo S and X. As well I really appreciate Red Spider. He was kind enough let me get a pic with my camera phone as Stan signed my statues so again thanks to everyone for a great time. It was awsome meeting all of you!

Ditto! Hope to see you next year.

Iacon13
03-16-2010, 12:22 AM
I thought it would make more sense to put my pics in the official thread so I just moved them. Hope you like the pics of DD and Surfer.

whd
03-16-2010, 12:23 AM
Here I thought it was cool just seeing him on the Big Bang Theory! Congrats!

Meta Jon
03-16-2010, 10:22 PM
Something always struck me as "off" in that pic with all of us and Stan Lee.
I finally figured out what it was.

Andrew, I love you like a brother!