http://www.arhstatues.com/USA 2010/SpartacusWIP (4).jpg

unclecreepy
04-11-2010, 02:47 PM
gooood!!!

Alex655321
04-11-2010, 02:57 PM
Nice !

I love Paquets work !

Hope you will have him do Pam Grier as Coffy next ! :)
He is a big Pam Grier fan like I am :buttrock:

Bullseye
04-11-2010, 02:57 PM
Looking good but where is Alexander the Great and Hannibal?

Barbarian
04-11-2010, 03:02 PM
Looks really good so far, of course. Paquet is one talented dude. I love the strength and energy of the pose. Great facial and figural expression! What's the scale/size of this guy?

Barbarian
04-11-2010, 03:02 PM
Looking good but where is Alexander the Great and Hannibal?
Oh man, Hannibal would be AWESOME!!! :buttrock:

Bullseye
04-11-2010, 03:05 PM
We also need Hercules.

Arahom Radjah
04-11-2010, 03:15 PM
Haha! I whish I could make all at the same time!

Those will all come in due time.

Arahom Radjah
04-11-2010, 03:16 PM
Looks really good so far, of course. Paquet is one talented dude. I love the strength and energy of the pose. Great facial and figural expression! What's the scale/size of this guy?

1/7th scale.

T-Jam
04-11-2010, 04:02 PM
1/7th scale.

1/7 ????

Arahom Radjah
04-11-2010, 04:04 PM
1/7 ????

Yes, the same scale as all the others in the collection.

Most people call it 1/8th, but it's actually 1/7th

Force of Nature
04-11-2010, 04:33 PM
Spartacus looks very promising so far Arahom and I am very much looking forward to further pics.

Great stuff!

Rainer

Nothing can stop The Juggernaut... NOTHING!

Averone
04-11-2010, 04:37 PM
Another one!!
Man I cant keep up with the statues coming out of ARH Inc.

Never thought I say it before, but you need to slow down man!

The start has much potential. Great!

warhead
04-11-2010, 08:20 PM
This looks like another killer in the ARH line, great sculpting and great choice.

Spartacus
04-11-2010, 08:24 PM
Arahom

Awesome! Go Big! 1/5 scale! Spartacus needs a grand presence to ARH!

Sniper
04-11-2010, 08:31 PM
wow!!!!

Bullvine
04-12-2010, 02:01 PM
another powerful piece. I just happen to be in the middle of watching the series Sparticus too. :buttrock:

patrickwm68
04-12-2010, 04:44 PM
Looks good so far.

Too bad you can't do this Spartacus.

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/images/news/spartacus_blood_and_sand1.jpg

wktf
04-12-2010, 06:28 PM
Damn, but that Mr. Paquet is the schzz!! He can absolutely do no wrong!! :thumbs2:

Darknight
04-12-2010, 07:58 PM
Looks great! and by William P. to boot.

Barbarian
04-16-2010, 12:43 AM
Arahom

Awesome! Go Big! 1/5 scale! Spartacus needs a grand presence to ARH!
Once again... :iagree:, my friend!

Mezzanin9
04-16-2010, 02:19 AM
Since i watched spartacus series..it really makes me like this character...so a statue to remind the slayer of theokoleses and the rain bringer......its a must for me..........a change o head with a short hair i reccomend ?? :)
does anyone know until what episode now on air?
because the last time i watch is until eps 10......

ps : to bad varro died..:( hehehehhe

Barbarian
04-16-2010, 11:24 AM
Since i watched spartacus series..it really makes me like this character...so a statue to remind the slayer of theokoleses and the rain bringer......its a must for me..........a change o head with a short hair i reccomend ?? :)
does anyone know until what episode now on air?
because the last time i watch is until eps 10......

ps : to bad varro died..:( hehehehhe
SPOILER ALERT!!! SPOILER ALERT!!!

PMACK
04-18-2010, 11:36 PM
season ended with episode 13... and an awesome way to end it too..

oh and a big YES to the spartacus statue. can't wait to see the progress!!!

Mezzanin9
04-19-2010, 12:09 AM
@ pmack :Hey thanx pmack....where do you located....
@Barbarian : hehehee

Arahom Radjah
04-30-2010, 05:08 PM
It's ready! Paquet said it will take a few more minor details and ship it to me Monday!

I'm as usual anxious to get it!!!! LOL

http://www.arhstatues.com/USA 2010/SpartacusWIP (5).jpg
http://www.arhstatues.com/USA 2010/SpartacusWIP (7).jpg
http://www.arhstatues.com/USA 2010/SpartacusWIP (8).jpg
http://www.arhstatues.com/USA 2010/SpartacusWIP (11).jpg

Averone
04-30-2010, 05:24 PM
Arahom, can we change the sheild?
I would like to see a gladiator shield!

patrickwm68
04-30-2010, 05:34 PM
Arahom, can we change the sheild?
I would like to see a gladiator shield!

I agree, that's more of a viking shield then a gladiator one.

PMACK
04-30-2010, 09:34 PM
damn u guys are banging out statues left and right.

looking good and looking forward to seeing this painted

hey Mezz.. im located in Philly.

Mezzanin9
05-01-2010, 11:10 AM
arh...is that change o head or its the base accesories??
agree the shield a bit turn off...

Spartacus
05-01-2010, 01:43 PM
Hey Arahom

Friend, I love your work, but this statue is not a Spartacus!

The weapons, clothes and even the look and pose, does not come close to what a Spartacus should look like!

I'm sorry to say, but this needs to be re designed!

Arahom Radjah
05-01-2010, 07:03 PM
Hey Arahom

The weapons, clothes and even the look and pose, does not come close to what a Spartacus should look like!

I disagree with you 100%. First this is William Paquet's work, one of the best sculptors in this business, and a great talented artist. I'm sure Mr. Paquet spent some good time researching the look of this character and also followed my specific requests about look and pose.

Second, NO ONE has actually a picture or even an accurate description of Spartacus (if there is one, then let me know, and I change my statement)

The only image of Spartacus we had so far was Kirk Douglas in diapers, which I definitely didn't want.

Now we come to the part in which Spartacus was a SLAVE and a gladiator. He was poor, had no fancy armor and would fight with WHATEVER he was given. so I don't see him wearing a Greek helmet like in your avatar at all!

Your avatar is the "lets-sell-our-guy" Hollywood look that I also don't want for him, although I agree that it is really cool and a masculine-Greek-hero-type-look that everyone likes.

Finally, I like the statue, I like the way Paquet's represented the character, and I think it is very accurate to what Spartacus would actually be in real life. It has the gladiator look, the hero look, and the slave look, so IMO he fits all three characteristics I believe are strong for the character.

I only agree here with one comment about the shield that it looks too much on the Viking side, so I might address this. Everything else is cool with me.

Ryu
05-01-2010, 07:18 PM
I disagree with you 100%. First this is William Paquet's work, one of the best sculptors in this business, and a great talented artist. I'm sure Mr. Paquet spent some good time researching the look of this character and also followed my specific requests about look and pose.

Second, NO ONE has actually a picture or even an accurate description of Spartacus (if there is one, then let me know, and I change my statement)

The only image of Spartacus we had so far was Kirk Douglas in diapers, which I definitely didn't want.

Now we come to the part in which Spartacus was a SLAVE and a gladiator. He was poor, had no fancy armor and would fight with WHATEVER he was given. so I don't see him wearing a Greek helmet like in your avatar at all!

Your avatar is the "lets-sell-our-guy" Hollywood look that I also don't want for him, although I agree that it is really cool and a masculine-Greek-hero-type-look that everyone likes.

Finally, I like the statue, I like the way Paquet's represented the character, and I think it is very accurate to what Spartacus would actually be in real life. It has the gladiator look, the hero look, and the slave look, so IMO he fits all three characteristics I believe are strong for the character.

I only agree here with one comment about the shield that it looks too much on the Viking side, so I might address this. Everything else is cool with me.

Your statement sounds very contradicting. I thought you liked Hollywood interpretations of the characters because it helps with sales. I remember talking to you about it in the Anubis thread. You said, and I quote. Finally I hear you say something positive on this thread!

Yes!!! Definitely yes!!! I post in all forums expecting to collect feedback and opinions about what we are doing because you guys are what really matter to us as a company.

But you also have to understand that the majority rules, and if I don't pay VERY attention to the design I'm using for every character I will not sell well!

Take my William Wallace for instance. My version is very accurate if we consider the real Wallace, but completely different from the movie with Mel Gibson!

The result was, I lost sales because people that enjoyed the movie and know the character ONLY through the movie did not connected with my version!

I don't want, and I can't afford another mistake like that!!! When you say, my Anubis is based on the movie "The Mummy" I say OF COURSE!!! This is the only reference most people have when it comes to this character!

Other than knowing that he is Egyptian and has a dog head, what else people know about him???

You are in this case AN EXCEPTION, so your taste is more accurate, but unfortunately I cannot consider only your opinion and disregard everyone else's

Look at this thread and see how many people said this Anubis looks cool!

Take Frank Miller for instance, a famous writer and fantastic comic book artist. Do you think he researched the character before he wrote 300??

Of course he did, right?? BUT still he chose a look for the character that's WAY different from what Leonidas would have looked like in real life!!!!

This was a commercial mind in action, and he was so successful that his comic book became a blockbuster movie!

I'm young, I've been in this business for a short time, but one thing I know... People don't care very much if the character is exactly like in real life... They want to see a cool looking bad a$$ guy with a weapon!!! And that's it!!!

Godswar
05-01-2010, 07:34 PM
I think a gladiator hasn't long hair. It's my opinion.

Arahom Radjah
05-01-2010, 08:27 PM
Ryu,

Coming from you I couldn't expect anything different, and I didn't contradict myself at all!

There is A HUGE difference between REAL HISTORICAL figures, and imaginary ones...

Imaginary characters like Anubis need some king of grasp to reality and Hollywood movies are it, but historical figures stand by themselves and for what they did in real life, then I rather stick to the more accurate look and not the Hollywood one only.

I have nothing against the Hollywood look and as I stated they sell more. Just see the comments of our friend above that didn't approve our Spartacus look because it doesn't look like the new TV Series!

So Hollywood look is good and make sales if you go with them, but in a real historical figure, I believe that researching about the real person and trying to bring the real look into the character is the best way to go although I might be making another mistake in this case.

I have already talked about this here. My Wallace is accurate and didn't sell very well, but at the end I still think I have a great depiction of him. This is my personal opinion, not business oriented.

Business wise, I still think I should do only what you guys see in the movies!

Bullvine
05-01-2010, 10:59 PM
I always hate it when Hollywood makes a movie "based" on real historical events. Then twist it around so they can put their artsy fartsy spin on things; seems like they are running out of original ideas when they do that. Not to mention that kids grow up seeing the Hollywood version of a Historical event and take it at face value. Hollywood is entertainment only. So my take on this is Historical figures above Hollywood interpretations all day long, but I'm probably in the minority.

A Cimmerian
05-01-2010, 11:25 PM
I like your Spartacus. The historical figures should remain as accurate as possible.

Arahom Radjah
05-01-2010, 11:51 PM
I always hate it when Hollywood makes a movie "based" on real historical events. Then twist it around so they can put their artsy fartsy spin on things; seems like they are running out of original ideas when they do that. Not to mention that kids grow up seeing the Hollywood version of a Historical event and take it at face value. Hollywood is entertainment only. So my take on this is Historical figures above Hollywood interpretations all day long, but I'm probably in the minority.

I like your Spartacus. The historical figures should remain as accurate as possible.

Thanks guys,

You know what... After we put so much time, effort and money to create a new statue like this. It is good to hear some positive feedback for a change.

Especially coming from you guys that actually buy our stuff!

thanks for the support. :thumbs2:

boondocksaint
05-02-2010, 12:10 AM
looks cool...

im a fan of movie stuff myself but i definitely commend arahom for the job hes doing...all your statues look great regardless if the look like the movie or not...
keep up the good work and stick with what youre doing its obviously working

Ryu
05-02-2010, 01:16 AM
Ryu,

Coming from you I couldn't expect anything different, and I didn't contradict myself at all!

There is A HUGE difference between REAL HISTORICAL figures, and imaginary ones...

Imaginary characters like Anubis need some king of grasp to reality and Hollywood movies are it, but historical figures stand by themselves and for what they did in real life, then I rather stick to the more accurate look and not the Hollywood one only.

I have nothing against the Hollywood look and as I stated they sell more. Just see the comments of our friend above that didn't approve our Spartacus look because it doesn't look like the new TV Series!

So Hollywood look is good and make sales if you go with them, but in a real historical figure, I believe that researching about the real person and trying to bring the real look into the character is the best way to go although I might be making another mistake in this case.

I have already talked about this here. My Wallace is accurate and didn't sell very well, but at the end I still think I have a great depiction of him. This is my personal opinion, not business oriented.

Business wise, I still think I should do only what you guys see in the movies!

I think you kind of are. Your other statues are clearly from the movies. Look, I don't mean to offend you or anyone else. The more you sell the better your chances of getting a license. I also admire a lot of the sculptor's work. I was just asking in what direction you were going. You said in that thread that the realistic effect didn't work, and that's why you choose the Hollywood route. Imaginary character or not. In fact, the literary similarities between the Egyptian religion and the Christian religion are staggering. But anyway, I wont go there. I know the board rules regarding religion. I like this and the marine statue. I will be buying that, as I currently have family members serving in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Arahom Radjah
05-04-2010, 05:01 PM
Ryu,

It is not easy to be making all the decisions for ARH Studios. This is one of the reasons why I'm constantly posting here.

Gathering your guy's feedback helps me a lot in deciding which direction to go, and I do appreciate ALL the inputs here, positive or not.

But what I really have a hard time taking is the fact that after months of waiting and showing constant WIP pictures, someone comes to me after the statue is completely READY and tells me that I have to "re-design" the statue because it's not at his liking~

Have you guys stopped to think ho much money cost me to pay an artist like Paquet?

Or how long do I have to wait to get those statues done?

Well... after all that, to hear that we should start it over from scratch, kinda bothers me a bit.

So here it is my final and official position about the Hollywood/Historical look issue:

Hollywood sells more, although it's not always accurate. I try to keep our statues the more historically accurate as possible, as long it won't compromise the sales.

Some Hollywood looks I love, like Achilles for instance, others I really don't like, as in the Spartacus case (both TV and movie) so I think that at the end, I go with my feelings and instinct on a case by case situation.

I studied "The Spartacus War" in college, and the TV series has nothing to do with that at all, so the TV series is not Spartacus for me, although I know he was a gladiator for a while, but this part of his life was just a minor part if compared to what he did leading an army against Rome.

My plan was to depict him as a gladiator now and then as general latter on on a second statue, but it all depends of how much we will sell of this one.

So, I do appreciate when you post here and express your opinion, but I will not always be able to please everybody with my decisions. Unfortunately!

best,

nbr3bagshotrow
05-04-2010, 05:30 PM
Hey Arahom

WHere's your pictorial evidence as to what Spartacus is supposed to look like? I'd really like to see it?

Bullseye
05-04-2010, 05:43 PM
Very cool even though I don't think the character was all that important in the grand scheme of things. The movie was not the greatest even the Director tried to distance himself from the final results.

I look forward to the true giants of History Alexander the Great, Hannibal and Julius Caesar.

Bullvine
05-04-2010, 06:11 PM
Yeah, you can never satisfy everyone. But if you figure out how please share your secret :)
I think the Leonidas will fly off the shelves, there is nothing else like it out there and it's bad a$$. The Medusa has a great pair of gorgon hooters and greek mythology is always cool. The Cleo is a great historical figure (they are still debating how she died) and she is beautiful so I think that would be a good seller. You seem to be doing things nobody else has touched on so far. Most of the other companys are doing fantasy or comic. No one of quality is doing nudes at all. And it would seem its because many are ashamed to display such a piece, what a pity that is.

Bullseye
05-04-2010, 06:13 PM
Absoultely. The ARH line has really been the break through of the last few months and long may it continue.

dr_teng
05-04-2010, 06:19 PM
WHere's your pictorial evidence as to what Spartacus is supposed to look like? I'd really like to see it?

Obviously the ultimate authority on Spartacus would be a user named Spartacus. Who else would know better! :D

Arahom Radjah
05-04-2010, 08:45 PM
Very cool even though I don't think the character was all that important in the grand scheme of things. The movie was not the greatest even the Director tried to distance himself from the final results.

I look forward to the true giants of History Alexander the Great, Hannibal and Julius Caesar.

I saved the greatest for latter because now we have passed the learning phase, and I'm way better tuned to the market, artists and factories to make those great characters now.

Why do you think I haven't made any of the Olympian gods yet??

The other good news is that all the new statues from now on will be produced in the same factory that produces for SideShow and Bowen!

That was one of my goals for 2010, and it's gonna happen! :thumbs2:

Mezzanin9
05-04-2010, 09:29 PM
Same factory as bowen and SS ?? woow...thats indeed a good news.......

Crossbonez74
05-05-2010, 04:57 AM
I saved the greatest for latter because now we have passed the learning phase, and I'm way better tuned to the market, artists and factories to make those great characters now.

Why do you think I haven't made any of the Olympian gods yet??The other good news is that all the new statues from now on will be produced in the same factory that produces for SideShow and Bowen!

That was one of my goals for 2010, and it's gonna happen! :thumbs2:

Cant wait to see those.

Model Giants
05-05-2010, 11:43 AM
AR

I think what you and William have done here is simply brilliant! In a world of Giant statue companies, it's fresh to see new blood come into the industry and shaking things up. Good Luck and I look forward to seeing what ARH has coming out for us in the future.......

Paul Conner

fengjun
05-05-2010, 12:29 PM
the shield is off imo, looks like a norse shield with a barbaric feel, not greek or roman at all. weapons should be a short dagger like sword and small round shield just covering the forearm.
btw, please consider do a switch out head with a gladiator helmet.

http://armillum.com/tienda/images/DEEPEEKA/c-hierro.jpg

Bullvine
05-05-2010, 01:57 PM
In the roman coliseum all types of shields and weapons were being used from all parts of the empire, so to say Spartacus had this shield or that sword is pointless.

fengjun
05-05-2010, 02:05 PM
In the roman coliseum all types of shields and weapons were being used from all parts of the empire, so to say Spartacus had this shield or that sword is pointless.

oh yah? then why not have him using a crossbow...
the point is to create an image that is more representative of the character and of that time period.

u need some element to the sculpt so that when someone first look at it, the first thing they notice is oh yah thats a roman gladiator.

Arahom Radjah
05-05-2010, 03:22 PM
Guys,

Let's not fight here! I have already said I will change the shield!

Just read my previous posts.

Bullvine
05-05-2010, 10:13 PM
Relax Arahom we are not fighting. We were respectfuly exchanging ideas. :D :laugh: :wink2: