PDA

View Full Version : Barcelona Comic Con

Shandil
04-13-2010, 04:20 AM
Anyone coming to the convention this year?

It's 6-9 May and so far announced guests include Ethan Van Sciver, Gene Ha and Jock. More to be confirmed though, and anyone coming can meet me! (only kidding).

VinReaper
04-13-2010, 05:06 AM
Going to a CON in Spain would be awesome!

If I hit the lottery before then you can count me in! :thumbs2:

:D

VR

CKinSD
04-13-2010, 06:41 AM
hell i too would love ot go to a con in spain. freggin must go play lottery now to win.....

make sure to take pictures shandil

Bullseye
04-13-2010, 06:50 AM
Been to Barcelona many times. Love the place. Unfortunately already picked out my holidays this year. Be sure to take plenty of pictures.

VinReaper
04-13-2010, 06:55 AM
hell i too would love ot go to a con in spain. freggin must go play lottery now to win.....

make sure to take pictures shandil

Hey Charles!

Make you a deal! If I win I will take you! If you win you take me!

All expenses paid! Everything top of the line, all expenses paid and 5K spending money for the CON!

Deal?

Powerball is $105 Million tonight! :thumbs2:

VR

Shandil
04-13-2010, 08:04 AM
5k for spending at the con? WoW. Also remember 99% of sketches here are for free, so you'd have some good pocket money to spend.

By the way, if i were to choose ONE convention here in Spain to attend to, i'd suggest you come to Avilés. It's completely different to other conventions. The convention takes place in the small city of Avilés, and the "venue" is the town square, which has several bars and terraces. So artists just go, sit there at the bars, and people invite them to drinks while they do sketches to them. Then at nights, there's a small bar in a tent which holds a few shops (10 or so, not more) and artists and fans stay there until they can no longer hold straight)
It last from Tuesday to Saturday in September, and the last day they give huge prints to everybody (sometimes some of the prints are limited to 100 or whatever). Got a wonderful print by Scott Hampton last year (limited print of 100) and one by Mark Buckingham (unlimited).
I'd really recommend anyone wanting to come to a con in Spain (and maybe then visit the rest of the country) to come to that one as they'll get a really good memory of it.

LOL now i look like a travel agent selling the con :p

CKinSD
04-15-2010, 07:00 AM
Hey Charles!

Make you a deal! If I win I will take you! If you win you take me!

All expenses paid! Everything top of the line, all expenses paid and 5K spending money for the CON!

Deal?

Powerball is $105 Million tonight! :thumbs2:

VR

done!!!!!

VinReaper
04-15-2010, 09:02 AM
done!!!!!

I'll keep you posted!

And....

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd232/logwell/crossed-fingers.jpg

:)

VR

VinReaper
04-15-2010, 09:03 AM
5k for spending at the con? WoW. Also remember 99% of sketches here are for free, so you'd have some good pocket money to spend.

By the way, if i were to choose ONE convention here in Spain to attend to, i'd suggest you come to Avilés. It's completely different to other conventions. The convention takes place in the small city of Avilés, and the "venue" is the town square, which has several bars and terraces. So artists just go, sit there at the bars, and people invite them to drinks while they do sketches to them. Then at nights, there's a small bar in a tent which holds a few shops (10 or so, not more) and artists and fans stay there until they can no longer hold straight)
It last from Tuesday to Saturday in September, and the last day they give huge prints to everybody (sometimes some of the prints are limited to 100 or whatever). Got a wonderful print by Scott Hampton last year (limited print of 100) and one by Mark Buckingham (unlimited).
I'd really recommend anyone wanting to come to a con in Spain (and maybe then visit the rest of the country) to come to that one as they'll get a really good memory of it.

LOL now i look like a travel agent selling the con :p

I am not sure you would want the both of us there with that kind of freedom! Spain may not be left standing! :laugh:

VR

Shandil
04-15-2010, 12:22 PM
I am not sure you would want the both of us there with that kind of freedom! Spain may not be left standing! :laugh:

VR

LOL, i can bet you wouldn't be the only one taking everything down. Last year some of the artists were known all around for the big partying at nights and ending up doing nude drawings and discussing their anatomical correctness on the napkins of the bar.

CKinSD
04-15-2010, 12:57 PM

VR

that is so true......................... heheheheeheh:vortex:

mwf6171
04-15-2010, 11:18 PM
If David Aja is there, get me a freaking Iron Fist sketch, especially if it is cheap or free! :D

VinReaper
04-15-2010, 11:28 PM
that is so true......................... heheheheeheh:vortex:

:eplus2:

VR

Shandil
04-16-2010, 05:27 AM
If David Aja is there, get me a freaking Iron Fist sketch, especially if it is cheap or free! :D

Wish i could. However he won't be in Barcelona because, as he told me, he's expecting his second child around that date.