PDA

View Full Version : Canada's FanExpo 2010

xXx
04-19-2010, 01:49 AM
Has anyone ever been to one? It takes place on August 27-29th. Thinking about going to this one, but was wondering how good it is?
How much do they charge to get in?

Anyone have any info?

Thanks!:flash:

Perna
04-21-2010, 02:59 PM
It's a huge con. You can buy a 3 day pass for about $45.00 CAD. It gets pretty packed. VIP pass was around $95.00

risingstar
04-21-2010, 05:44 PM
I've been to a couple. In Canada, that's as big a con as you're going to get. Good times to be had too! However, I stopped going once Perny became part of it. At that point, it seemed like they'd put anyone on the guest list.

:D

Perna
04-21-2010, 07:36 PM
I've been to a couple. In Canada, that's as big a con as you're going to get. Good times to be had too! However, I stopped going once Perny became part of it. At that point, it seemed like they'd put anyone on the guest list.

:D

Hey now.......

xXx
04-22-2010, 02:26 AM
Going for the First time, Was surprised the Hotel was soo much cheaper to get than the SDCC Hotels were! Would you know if the Convention as big as the SDCC? And what does the VIP get you?

Perna
04-22-2010, 11:36 AM
Going for the First time, Was surprised the Hotel was soo much cheaper to get than the SDCC Hotels were! Would you know if the Convention as big as the SDCC? And what does the VIP get you?

Nothing is as big as SDCC. Maybe compare Fan Expo to th size of WWChicago. Not sure what the VIP pass will give this year but last year they gave out grab bags that had limited edition prints and con variant comics. The info will be posted on the official site soon enough.

xXx
04-23-2010, 04:14 PM
Nothing is as big as SDCC. Maybe compare Fan Expo to th size of WWChicago. Not sure what the VIP pass will give this year but last year they gave out grab bags that had limited edition prints and con variant comics. The info will be posted on the official site soon enough.

Thanks!

sleepindeath
04-29-2010, 01:16 PM
Tony,

are you going to be there again this year?

dr_teng
04-29-2010, 01:56 PM
SDCC gets about 150k people, Fan Expo gets about 45k I believe. It's a very large convention, SDCC just dwarfs everything.

I've been two or three times, I always enjoy it. It's pretty crowded but there's tons of artists and guests.

Perna
04-29-2010, 01:58 PM
Tony,

are you going to be there again this year?

I sent in my application early, so it's looking good so far. :)

rizzo6
06-17-2010, 08:39 PM
Does an event such as this also carry a selection of busts etc such as terminator endoskulls /endoskeleton figures etc. Or is it comics only/mostly. never been to one,sorry if it is a stupid question

Perna
06-18-2010, 12:49 AM
Does an event such as this also carry a selection of busts etc such as terminator endoskulls /endoskeleton figures etc. Or is it comics only/mostly. never been to one,sorry if it is a stupid question

Not a stupid question at all. In the past, I've seen many vendors carrying all sorts of statues and busts ranging from comic book stuff to sci-fi stuff to anime stuff. I'm sure you'll find what your looking for at the con.

mwf6171
06-18-2010, 12:54 AM
I sent in my application early, so it's looking good so far. :)

They must not have high standards! :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

dr_teng
06-18-2010, 10:33 AM

Like Tony there said, they have a decent selection at Fan Expo. Not great (you'd want to head own to NYCC for that), but they have a lot of merchants.

Most other Toronto comic conventions have a disappointing selection, so Fanexpo is your best bet in that regard.

Perna
06-18-2010, 12:56 PM
They must not have high standards! :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

I can live with that. :):overjoyed:

rizzo6
06-18-2010, 08:48 PM
thanks for the replys,have to head down there and check it out

Perna
08-01-2010, 03:55 PM
Less then a month away!!!!

sleepindeath
08-03-2010, 08:16 AM
Tony,

I have a good feeling you are going to be super busy with sketches this year. My little guy is coming this time and already he has made a list of characters that he wants.

sleepindeath
08-12-2010, 08:11 AM
Only 16 Days away.

Perna
08-20-2010, 01:11 AM
Tony,

I have a good feeling you are going to be super busy with sketches this year. My little guy is coming this time and already he has made a list of characters that he wants.

Your bringing your son! That's awesome!! It'll be nice to see you again, I think I'm at table A 113.

xXx
08-20-2010, 11:47 AM
I see on another Forum, That Hasbro is putting out Exclusive toys, at the FanExpo, At SDCC, Everyday was a Mad Rush to get in Line to get any of these. It was Insane to get any of these Exclusives. My question, Are Canadians as Crazy as Americans? Is there as much Excitement as there is here?

calkat
08-29-2010, 11:50 PM
Man it was Really, really busy this year. I was there on Saturday, and it was quite crowded. Didn't get to see too much, but had fun anyway. Anyone get any pictures?

calkat
08-30-2010, 02:08 PM
I got a few...
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn197/calkat51/DSC02930.jpg
Miri Jedeikin
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn197/calkat51/DSC02914.jpg
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn197/calkat51/DSC02934.jpg
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn197/calkat51/DSC02902.jpg

xXx
08-31-2010, 11:10 PM
Nice Pics!! Couldn't believe how crowded it got! I got stuck on the second floor waiting to get upstairs to the Exhibit Hall. They stopped letting people onto the Exhibit hall to keep the crowd down. found it to be a little disorganized, but not too bad of a convention! Was nice to see people dressed up. In talking to some of the regulars who attend each year, they said it's getting bigger and more crowded each year, can see this convention eventually being the East coast equivalence to the SDCC.

jhownz
08-31-2010, 11:49 PM
Saturday was pretty busy.. was stuck outside waiting to re-enter. They were over capacity so they were not letting people in freely. They even extended the close time by an hour to compensate. Definitely getting bigger and bigger every year.

I found it a bit disorganized.. couldn't figure out which lineup was what. Still, pretty good weekend. Was a bit surprised how easily I got Stan Lee's autograph though.. was expecting to line up a hour at least.

calkat
09-01-2010, 06:55 AM
Yeah, Saturday was crazy-busy! We got there at 1030 and It took us a little over an hour to get in.
Next year, I'm going to go 2 days. One day with the kids, and one day on my own. My kids were exhausted after about an hour of fighting the crowds.

xXx
09-01-2010, 11:28 PM
Even though it was crowded, still wasn't even close to how crowded the SDCC has been getting!

sleepindeath
09-02-2010, 08:33 AM
This year was way better then previous years from the standpoint of a fan.

Very unorganized for dealers.

The floor had way more things then previous years such as Hasboro making a big splash with exclusives and displays of Star Wars.

Zenescope had some hot chicks dreesed up...sorry no pics.

Tony sorry I could not hang for very long. As always it was great to see you and Elaine. Thank you once again for the Batman Sketch. Next year will just be myself as my Son found it too hard to be patient.

Perna
09-02-2010, 12:56 PM
This year was way better then previous years from the standpoint of a fan.

Very unorganized for dealers.

The floor had way more things then previous years such as Hasboro making a big splash with exclusives and displays of Star Wars.

Zenescope had some hot chicks dreesed up...sorry no pics.

Tony sorry I could not hang for very long. As always it was great to see you and Elaine. Thank you once again for the Batman Sketch. Next year will just be myself as my Son found it too hard to be patient.

Always a pleasure seeing you at Fan Expo. I can understand your son being impatient. You guys got out just before the madness ensued.