PDA

View Full Version : How limited are those Hot toys figures?

zimmermouse
04-28-2010, 08:46 AM
I have noticed that several Hot Toys figures are dissapearing very quick and some of those are becoming more and more expensive every day, so
i am wandering how limited those figures actually are? Will they ever re-produce an "out of print" figure?

oogahonk
05-06-2010, 10:19 AM
I have been collecting HotToys figures for a couple of years now and I know that their runs are definitely limited. However, they don't actually number their figure like statues would be. For awhile they were stating what the run number would be but that was mostly for the Military Figures and seems to have gone away. As for re-producing, I have not seen or read of any plans by HotToys to re-produce out of print figures.

dr_teng
05-06-2010, 02:44 PM
Oogahonk seems to have nailed it. The best you can get in terms of a re-release is a better version being released, not the exact same one. They did that with the Joker and Batman. There are sometimes similar versions released as well (as with the Predators).

demonhunter
05-10-2010, 06:48 AM
I began collecting Hot Toys with their Superman 2 in 1 figure.

The products are limited, but no edition number is ever given.

They don't re-release previous figures. But there had been an instance that a previous figure has been upgraded and packed with different accessories.

Example: Brandon Routh Superman Returns was upgraded with improved head sculpt and paint application. They then threw in a Clark Kent head, Clark Kent brown suit, shoes, and then sold the figure as "2 in 1 Superman Returns Figure" You get Superman and Clark.

Hot Toys also has another series called the DX series. It is the MovieMasterpiece Deluxe.

Some older figures such as the Batman Dark Knight figure was upgraded/improved in terms of better suit design, better head sculpt and even added with RES system (moving eyeballs).