PDA

View Full Version : DC Comic Con 5/2/10

cblakey1
04-28-2010, 05:33 PM
This just in..

http://dccomicon.com/

This weekend at GMU Student Union.

Might be lame, but there's a few decent artists who are going to be there. :drooling:

Statue and Bust
04-29-2010, 12:42 AM
Our own Josh Lyman is mentioned in the ad, thats kinda cool!

protector2814
04-29-2010, 09:23 AM
I'm gonna try and go. I like these small cons. Always deals to be had. Cho will be there and he always comes w/ small, independently produced hdbk books of his more risque' work.
Guests include: Frank Cho, J.G. Jones, Jo Chen, Herb Trimpe, the Fillbach Bros., and the Luna Bros.

It's at George Mason U.

protector2814
05-02-2010, 05:24 PM
This was a pretty good, smallish show in terms of dealers. I scored the 8 ish, complete run of Marvel's 70's book Skull the Slayer. Met Frank Cho for the upteenth time although this time, he was a bit grumpy. He did manage a pretty cool Spidey head-shot and an autograph in his latest edition (5) of Sketches and Scribbles.
I also met Artist, John K. Snyder and commissioned this super nice guy to draw a pencil only, full figure drawing of Marvel's Zombie, Simon Garth. He said he was so booked but he just couldn't resist drawing this character. We both swapped stories about buying our 1st Tales of the Zombie magazines. He was a great guy. I'll post a pic when I get the art.

cblakey1
05-02-2010, 09:38 PM
It was pretty cool. Too small, IMO.

That one dude with all the comic art - Anthony Snyder - had lots of good stuff. Pretty pricey though.

I was hoping the Lunas would have a portfolio of pieces for sale, but they didn't. :(

protector2814
05-03-2010, 10:28 AM
No real deals on quality Silver & Bronze back issues, like I'm used to seeing. Dealers are greedy again, for the most part. When were you there cblakey1? I was there w/ 3 kids (7-10) all wearing super-hero tees from around 2;15 - 3:30. Had I known you were going, I would have introduced myself. Next time.