PDA

View Full Version : PopCultureShock Remaining SF Characters Interest Thread

World Warrior
05-02-2010, 11:56 PM
So, by now we all know Jerry is planning on finishing the core SF2 characters. This thread purpose is to gauge the interest of THE NAMED CHARACTERS ONLY in order to estimate what would be a desirable Edition Size.

M. Bison
Sagat
Chun Li
Honda
Dhalsim
Balrog-I don't think he is going to happen

You may vote for the ones you will buy or have the most interest in and can post what you would like to see as the exclusive for that character. EXAMPLE

I would like to see Balrog myself and his Exclusive be the American Flag outfit from SF4.

Fuzzylojiks
05-02-2010, 11:57 PM
Hmm, it's all going to be less than 750 other than Chun Li. Since down the line, all the ES will be TBD, expect sideshow to push Jerry to release 750 of everything claiming that there are tons of people on the waitlist. That's their job, to pump out the most money possible then implement their second chance opportunities, express updates and newletter strategies which they have finessed to manipulate colectors emotions.

It's likely everything will be 750 combined ES here on out except Chun Li which Jerry states will be more. Then things will probably fluctuate between sold out and in stock for a long time.

So you are likely to see combined ES of:

M. Bison 750
Sagat 750
Chun Li 850-1000
Honda 750
Dhalsim 750

marvelboi77
05-02-2010, 11:59 PM
Not to be rude, but I think this will accomplish anything.

bog
05-03-2010, 12:02 AM
Not to be rude, but I think this will accomplish anything.

yeah, but what the hell right? :thumbs2:

crazy_legs03
05-03-2010, 12:03 AM
sagat's my pick

bog
05-03-2010, 12:03 AM
Also, isn't it Balrog?

redskullrudd
05-03-2010, 12:09 AM
regardless of how many are made Chun-li will still be top of my list.
But i'd totally like to see the blue p2 Dhalsim. something about that just sounds awesome. Maybe he's not the most anticipated character, but I think he'll work great in PF.

Titanchuck
05-03-2010, 12:28 AM
I don't collect these but I would definitely buy and keep Chun-Li

Andrew
05-03-2010, 12:44 AM
If it's Street Fighter, I will buy it.

World Warrior
05-03-2010, 12:46 AM
Also, isn't it Balrog?

Nah it's Bla-rog on account of how boring of a charcter he is :p

I was tired when typing this up.

The general question is which of the remaining characters will you buy or are most interested in? Thats why you are able to vote for more then one character.

I would like you to post your choices for the characters you are interested in exclusive colors,items or background.

actionjackson83
05-03-2010, 12:54 AM
Balrog is hardly a boring character it takes real skill to beat all the damn shoto clones in the game with him. 2 votes so far yay lol...

bog
05-03-2010, 12:57 AM
I voted Honda by the way.

Ryu
05-03-2010, 01:29 AM
If I could, I'd buy all em'.

Ryu
05-03-2010, 01:29 AM
Balrog is hardly a boring character it takes real skill to beat all the damn shoto clones in the game with him. 2 votes so far yay lol...

Balrog is one bad dude. I love fighting him :thumbs2:

bebohawk
05-03-2010, 02:23 AM
Ahhh i think u guys forgot Blanka and i will buy them all this line is awesome

bebohawk
05-03-2010, 02:26 AM
IMO I think the Ex shoud be just the P2 version of the characters that way if someone miss the Ex is no big deal

Sinister Mister
05-03-2010, 03:37 AM
Wtf man :battherapy:! Without Blanka this poll is a fail. Next to Sagat, he is my most anticipated Street Fighter character left of the originals. And I would be willing to bet money that Jerry will make Balrog. He may be super limited, but Jerry will make him. I even expect Dan and Charlie as well on down the line, but i'm absolutely postive Balrog will happen. T. Hawk on the other hand mmmm not so much.

rhy
05-03-2010, 04:23 AM
Sagat is a must.

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/3433/sagat.jpg.
If Ryu is the face of SF then Sagat is what made Ryu's status legendary

http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/street_fighter.jpg
I just hope he towers over all the other characters and his hands & feet are more proportioned.
http://unrealitymag.com/index.php/2008/12/22/a-gallery-of-the-complete-street-fighter-4-cast/

I would like to see Balrog myself and his Exclusive be the American Flag outfit from SF4.
QFT

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/7163/imageaxdk.jpg
What's not to like about Balrog being draped in the stars and stripes?

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/2/27197/1241044-balrog_1.jpg
Or if PCS wants to take a different direction he could always lace Rog up w/ bling

Mannequin
05-03-2010, 05:38 AM
I really hope Jerry starts making the Bigger Guys.. Once the RMB (China Currency moves north) who know maybe Sagat at 21" 1/4 scale will be already 400$ and E.Honda as fat as Zangief will be also 400$.... Jerry hope you get a move on it..

I would like to see T-Hawk also made! PF style.. wooo wee...

Sagat is a must.
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/3433/sagat.jpg.
If Ryu is the face of SF then Sagat is what made Ryu's status legendary

Leckske
05-03-2010, 05:57 AM
Balrog is a must tbh...
Give him a cool pose and it will be an amazing statue.

T-Jam
05-03-2010, 06:18 AM
i asked jerry for balrog months ago. he's my most anticipated character. and i don't care what the ex is as long as i got my boxer.

benocehcap
05-03-2010, 07:57 AM
Oh please! Balrog. It aint going to sell. He is an idiot, he just being more popular on sf4 because his ultra connects don’t matter what you do with it. Back in the day nobody use to pick him. Bring on Rose and Sakura!

Fuzzylojiks
05-03-2010, 07:58 AM
wow this is looking pretty even.

Darth Pain
05-03-2010, 08:02 AM
I'll probably get Bison, Chun li and Sagat. Depending how they turn out.

Do or do not
05-03-2010, 08:46 AM
Depending on how she turns out, Chun Li would be added to my collection. Bison has an outside chance.

As for the others, I doubt it. It simply gets too much to collect.

Leckske
05-03-2010, 08:54 AM
Oh please! Balrog. It aint going to sell. He is an idiot, he just being more popular on sf4 because his ultra connects don’t matter what you do with it. Back in the day nobody use to pick him. Bring on Rose and Sakura!

Waaaaaa?!?

Balrog is a beast in SF2T/HDR !

Darth Pain
05-03-2010, 08:58 AM
SF2 characters are the only SF characters.

World Warrior
05-03-2010, 09:27 AM
Wtf man :battherapy:! Without Blanka this poll is a fail. Next to Sagat, he is my most anticipated Street Fighter character left of the originals. And I would be willing to bet money that Jerry will make Balrog. He may be super limited, but Jerry will make him. I even expect Dan and Charlie as well on down the line, but i'm absolutely postive Balrog will happen. T. Hawk on the other hand mmmm not so much.

again I was tired when typing this up, I knew I was missing someone.

There are many other characters which I too would like to see Jerry produce, but unless he decides to do so I think we are going to get the remaining 6 or 7 and that's it.

Jerry can you tell us if you have any interest in continuing the line after the last 7?

akumalove
05-03-2010, 09:48 AM
SF2 characters are the only SF characters.+ some of the nicer characters that were in the anime series like Akuma (in the airport scene), Cammy and maybe Lee. The only one I would have to think about is Rolento, he could be very nice as a PF. But that's it for me.
Christina

World Warrior
05-03-2010, 09:58 AM
Hey Chris, could you post a screne shot of that akuma scene please?

Kris Naga
05-03-2010, 10:00 AM
I'm only interested in Chun-Li.

Sinister Mister
05-03-2010, 10:23 AM
again I was tired when typing this up, I knew I was missing someone.

There are many other characters which I too would like to see Jerry produce, but unless he decides to do so I think we are going to get the remaining 6 or 7 and that's it.

Jerry can you tell us if you have any interest in continuing the line after the last 7?

Jerry's hinted at wanting to do other characters outside of the main 12 plus Akuma of course...bluh. He's already done Cammy. He's mentioned interest in Dan, Gouken, Oro, and even Charlie Nash as a super limited variant to Guile or I think making him a website exclusive on his site. I can't remember for sure what he said about how he'd sell him other than he would be limited to around 50 pieces if he happened.

The original plan was to space out the top guys with lesser ones in between to keep the line alive longer, because let's face it. Once the classics are out, alot of people will move on.

Darth Pain
05-03-2010, 10:28 AM
+ some of the nicer characters that were in the anime series like Akuma (in the airport scene), Cammy and maybe Lee. The only one I would have to think about is Rolento, he could be very nice as a PF. But that's it for me.
Christina

Well, sure there are nice character designs but, I never really played the games after SF2. Other than at the arcade once in a blue moon. SF2 was a big part of my childhood. It was my first game on the SNES and the one I played the longest.
With me liking so many different genres and characters, I really have to keep my collection focused on only the must haves. If I had unlimited space, I'd get all the SF2 characters (as long as I like the piece). I mean, I like Akuma's look but, I don't remember ever using him in a game. So, he wouldn't be a "must have" for me.

Quicksilver
05-03-2010, 12:06 PM
I dont care how popular Balrog is, it would be an utter travesty if he wasn't made to round off the 12

dr_teng
05-03-2010, 12:10 PM
Whatever guys, Dan rules, I'm writing in a vote for him.

Andrew
05-03-2010, 01:11 PM
Back in the day nobody use to pick him.

Wrong! Balrog, Ryu, and Sagat were the top 3 picked characters during tournaments when Super Turbo was at it's peak. Balrog is still favored in HDR along with Ryu. Watch matches from EVO and you will see.

Waaaaaa?!?

Balrog is a beast in SF2T/HDR !

Indeed.

Niero
05-03-2010, 01:47 PM
I want a Rose statue! :)

Tesio
05-03-2010, 02:06 PM
I want a Rose statue! :)

Same, I just picked her up while played SSF4 and just love the character!

T-Jam
05-03-2010, 04:29 PM
I dont care how popular Balrog is, it would be an utter travesty if he wasn't made to round off the 12

absolutely. man i want balrog bad. and since we're talking ssf4, have i mentioned how much i'd like a 1/4 hakan?

Ryu
05-03-2010, 04:39 PM
Wrong! Balrog, Ryu, and Sagat were the top 3 picked characters during tournaments when Super Turbo was at it's peak. Balrog is still favored in HDR along with Ryu. Watch matches from EVO and you will see.

Indeed.

Yup! Rog was bad ass then, and still is currently. So imo, he deserves to be produced. I like his alt costume in ssf4.

T-Jam
05-03-2010, 04:45 PM
http://youbentmywookie.com/news/sota-toys-announces-10th-anniversary-ryu-statue-8841

For anyone interested in it. they now have a 3d rendering of what it will look like.
p.s. i really want balrog!!

Alpha_Flight
05-03-2010, 04:54 PM
Balrog is a bad @ss bruiser and needed for the eventual Shadaloo crew. That'll be one of the best groups outta the 12.... Bison, Rog, Sagat and Vega! :buttrock:

Tesio
05-03-2010, 04:59 PM
absolutely. man i want balrog bad. and since we're talking ssf4, have i mentioned how much i'd like a 1/4 hakan?

Hell yes! Hakan and Juri!!! I love both the characters a lot, just wish Hakan was a bit more fun to play :(.

It's a shame SOTA's Juri's face is so...boring. The character really has a lot of character that she shows with her face and SOTA seems to have missed that. If PCS ever pics up SSF4 and does a Hakan and Juri I hope they pay special attention to the facial expressions to really get that character in there :buttrock:

aces8888
05-03-2010, 05:03 PM
Nothing against the sculptors, I just wish they hire those whose strength is sculpting beautiful female faces and bodies.

World Warrior
05-03-2010, 05:48 PM
That 10th anny Ryu sucks. With all the differant stances and poses they could use and we get that? And you know the price ponit will be $200 or higher.

Ryu
05-03-2010, 06:13 PM
That 10th anny Ryu sucks. With all the differant stances and poses they could use and we get that? And you know the price ponit will be $200 or higher.

Some times the chosen art doesn't transfer into a statue well. This imo is one of those times :(

T-Jam
05-03-2010, 06:14 PM

i completely agree. but i figured a lot of people would want to see it since $200 is a lot better than a grand for jerry's nowadays. i myself cant wait for jerry's 1/3 ryu. the way he describes his vision of it just makes it sound epic.

T-Jam
05-03-2010, 06:16 PM
p.s. BALROG!!!! :buttrock: :buttrock:

T-Jam
05-03-2010, 06:16 PM
p.s.s. BALROG!!!! :buttrock: :buttrock:

XMAN
05-03-2010, 07:49 PM
Where is Blanka????

World Warrior
05-03-2010, 08:27 PM
i completely agree. but i figured a lot of people would want to see it since $200 is a lot better than a grand for jerry's nowadays. i myself cant wait for jerry's 1/3 ryu. the way he describes his vision of it just makes it sound epic.

Do tell about this 1/3 Ryu???

You know if I were SOTA I would Honor Jerry by actually making Jerry's Ryu while at SOTA in 18" scale. That was the best pose. The only 3 other poses I want to see Ryu in is His Pre Fight Guard up stance, Crouching Sho Ryu Ken stance or as seen in Ryu's avatar, Ryu walking with duffle bag.

World Warrior
05-03-2010, 08:30 PM
I can't believe Honda has the least votes, I would have thought it would have been Rog or Dhalsim? I actually look forward to a Honda statue.

T-Jam
05-03-2010, 09:19 PM
Do tell about this 1/3 Ryu???

You know if I were SOTA I would Honor Jerry by actually making Jerry's Ryu while at SOTA in 18" scale. That was the best pose. The only 3 other poses I want to see Ryu in is His Pre Fight Guard up stance, Crouching Sho Ryu Ken stance or as seen in Ryu's avatar, Ryu walking with duffle bag.

jerry had mentioned that he wants to do a ryu in 1/3 scale in his fireball pose. kinda like the ryu he made at sota. very limited and very high end, marble base and all. im 100% sure it will be amazing.
Btw, i love your idea of a ryu holding his duffel bag. WICKED!!:thumbs2:

rhy
05-03-2010, 10:01 PM
Vote Rog!

flip_diz
05-03-2010, 10:05 PM
look for my guile's on ebay :vortex:

manboy
05-03-2010, 10:38 PM
look for my guile's on ebay :vortex:

You're trying too hard.

Tesio
05-03-2010, 10:53 PM
I can't believe Honda has the least votes, I would have thought it would have been Rog or Dhalsim? I actually look forward to a Honda statue.

He is just such a boring looking character I think. Probably why.

actionjackson83
05-03-2010, 11:01 PM
Rose in her Victorian Dress ending pose would be so awesome...

fengjun
05-03-2010, 11:06 PM
http://youbentmywookie.com/news/sota-toys-announces-10th-anniversary-ryu-statue-8841

For anyone interested in it. they now have a 3d rendering of what it will look like.
p.s. i really want balrog!!

another 18" mixed media line? or is it just ryu?

OuttaSight
05-03-2010, 11:32 PM
another 18" mixed media line? or is it just ryu?

I dont want to but my nose into another companies business but at the same time I dont want collectors being confused by two similar lines, especially since I have been making mine for three years.

So, SOTA only has the right to do a Ryu in 1/4 scale mixed media. They have no other rights.

As ive said in a few other threads, I will be doing my 'Ultimate Ryu' next year in 1/3rd scale. It will be epic but its also going to be very expensive.

World Warrior
05-04-2010, 12:13 AM
Thanks for joining in the conversation Jerry. So how is it SOTA and you both have the rights to do SF statues?

Will Ultimate Ryu be the same pose as the 10" White Ryu you did at SOTA?

XMAN
05-04-2010, 12:17 AM
As far as the streetfighter series is concerned....all I'm interested in is in Jerry's work......it's the only series that I'm commited to completing.........(one has to set thier limits).

World Warrior
05-04-2010, 12:21 AM
I am committed to Jerry's line because nothing else compares. I have been tempted to pick up SOTA's Sagat but have been waiting, painfully for J to unveil Sagat. As long as he is 21"-22" then I am fine with that.

OuttaSight
05-04-2010, 01:01 AM
Thanks for joining in the conversation Jerry. So how is it SOTA and you both have the rights to do SF statues?

Will Ultimate Ryu be the same pose as the 10" White Ryu you did at SOTA?

I dont think I need to get into the details of mine and/or SOTAs deals with Capcom.

I just wanted everyone to know there was not a new 1/4 scale line being made. Its just a single statue.

I know the pose for my Ryu and it will be a hadouken but it will be more dynamic than the one I sculpted when I owned SOTA.

Ryu
05-04-2010, 01:13 AM
Jerry, do you miss SOTA? I know you're happy with SS. I was just wondering.

OuttaSight
05-04-2010, 01:54 AM
Jerry, do you miss SOTA? I know you're happy with SS. I was just wondering.

Well I started SOTA when I was 17 with nothing but a dream...so it will always be an important part of my life.

Its very fulfilling to take something from nothing and have it become, at the time, one of the most well loved action figure companies in the world.

I had someone from a very large company tell me a couple months ago they considered me one of the most important people in the action figure business over the past ten years. I couldnt ask for a bigger compliment.

But I really needed to take a few years off from working so selling SOTA was a smart move that Im still happy about.

Afterwards I bummed around. Hung out with friends. Traveled. Produced two movies. Got to step back and figure out what i wanted to do next.

So all is good.

The funny part is stuff like last year I went over to the SOTA booth at SDCC and someone started the SDCC sales pitch and asked me if I was familiar with the company. My GF thought that was pretty funny. She said to them, 'yeah hes pretty familiar with the company, he started it' and they just looked at us kind of lost...

Andrew
05-04-2010, 02:07 AM
The funny part is stuff like last year I went over to the SOTA booth at SDCC and someone started the SDCC sales pitch and asked me if I was familiar with the company. My GF thought that was pretty funny. She said to them, 'yeah hes pretty familiar with the company, he started it' and they just looked at us kind of lost...

That would have been cool to see and hear.

T-Jam
05-04-2010, 06:28 AM
jerry. i cant wait for that ultimate ryu. expensive i can handle( i knew what i was getting into at the start of this race) but "epic" makes it all worth it. and i just wanted to say thanks for sharing your thoughts and plans with us. one of the main reasons i love all your work is your openess with collectors. im sure you've heard it many times but here's one more...thank you :thumbs2:

btw, dont forget about giving balrog some love please. and with regards to world warrior's comment, i'm also wondering...any idea on how big sagat will be?

akumalove
05-04-2010, 06:32 AM
Hey Chris, could you post a screne shot of that akuma scene please?
Will not find it so fast, but it’s in this anime series:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yRcrJivF5M&feature=PlayList&p=5B69D13A2558D660&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=5
Look at the comment of zangetsukai50
You can see Akuma’s back in the series for 5 seconds :-) But I remember he’s just picking up his baggage at the airport.

Christina

PS: Bison looks so great in this series!

Hylian Elf
05-04-2010, 08:20 AM
I would buy all of them to keep the collection complete. Yes, even Blarog :p (I actually prefer him to Chun Li and Honda). Have not voted as it would make no comparative difference to the numbers.

Glad to see Sagat getting love! That new move of his in SSF4 (touching his scar to power up the next TU) is teh awesum!

Kris Naga
05-04-2010, 11:31 AM

I'm not surprised. I myself would rather have Balrog or Dhalsim than E. Honda.

Honda is just so... boring.

I don't have any on this range though currently, but I would def get Chun-Li (hopefully both reg and EX if it's Alpha), and maybe Sagat as he's who I primarily use in SSF4.

World Warrior
05-04-2010, 11:57 AM
Speaking of Blanka....

While I would prefer blanka crouching and roaring either with or without electricity around him. I can't help but wonder what Jerry will do with him. I think that if he found a way to do the Electricity Blanka that would be an awesome statue. Or the Exclusive part could be the electricity itself. So you could by the Reg without electricity or the exclusive with electricity.

I think that would also work for a 2nd Akuma statue. have him in his crouching pose with the exclusive being the flames.

Rquiem
05-04-2010, 12:21 PM
I'll buy all Super street fighter 2 and Street Fighter 3 characters. If SF 4 characters come out, probably only Juri. Alpha characters, not so much intrest.

Andrew
05-04-2010, 01:27 PM
I'll buy all Super street fighter 2 and Street Fighter 3 characters. If SF 4 characters come out, probably only Juri. Alpha characters, not so much intrest.

Really? I prefer Alpha over 3S any day of the week, although I would like to see a Hugo.

You know that SOTA is making a Juri, right?

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=98229&highlight=juri

Quicksilver
05-04-2010, 01:49 PM
Hey Jerry, look at all the love for Balrog!!!!!!!! you honestly think he wouldn't sell, even with a low ES??

fengjun
05-04-2010, 01:54 PM
Hey Jerry, look at all the love for Balrog!!!!!!!! you honestly think he wouldn't sell, even with a low ES??

I think balrog got all the votes from completeist. I personally dont think he is a stand-alone popular character.

fengjun
05-04-2010, 01:56 PM
I would love a PCS Juri. Great character design and fun gameplay. However SOTA Juri is a bit meh...

Really? I prefer Alpha over 3S any day of the week, although I would like to see a Hugo.

You know that SOTA is making a Juri, right?

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=98229&highlight=juri

World Warrior
05-04-2010, 01:58 PM
and that is what needs to be taken into consideration. The votes from this little poll is simply for out little community which Jerry happens to visit from time to time. But we DO NOT account for the full 750 ES that could possibly be released.

I am a completest and would buy all characters produced, unless I absolutely didn't like the pose/color.

Quicksilver
05-04-2010, 01:58 PM
I think balrog got all the votes from completeist. I personally dont think he is a stand-alone popular character.

I think most collectors would want to have the Shadaloo crew altogether...he would fit into that display, or even anyone just wanting the original 12. As far as someone who has no SF 1/4 pieces, they probably wouldn't just buy Balrog, but thats why the ES needs to stay low. It would be really lame to deny the customers who want to complete a shadaloo display or an original 12 display because "hes not a good stanadalone piece" which is arguable, or because he might not sell well (make the es low)

If Jerry followed your mentality, he might as well do the original 12 minus Balrog and call it a day cause he'd never sell a single character from alpha or third strike.

Tesio
05-04-2010, 02:10 PM
I would love a PCS Juri. Great character design and fun gameplay. However SOTA Juri is a bit meh...

Agreed! The SOTA face is just so bland and lacks any of the insanity that makes the character so awesome.

fengjun
05-04-2010, 02:18 PM
I think most collectors would want to have the Shadaloo crew altogether...he would fit into that display, or even anyone just wanting the original 12. As far as someone who has no SF 1/4 pieces, they probably wouldn't just buy Balrog, but thats why the ES needs to stay low. It would be really lame to deny the customers who want to complete a shadaloo display or an original 12 display because "hes not a good stanadalone piece" which is arguable, or because he might not sell well (make the es low)

If Jerry followed your mentality, he might as well do the original 12 minus Balrog and call it a day cause he'd never sell a single character from alpha or third strike.

i dont think ive indicated anywhere in my post that balrog shouldn't be made. and i stand by my comment that only completeist would consider buying the character.

THE_BEAST
05-06-2010, 04:04 AM
All I know is, if blanka doesnt get made, I will consider selling my whole collection. Blanka's been my boy for 20 years and it would be pointless for me to have everyone except for him.

akumalove
05-06-2010, 04:22 AM
All I know is, if blanka doesnt get made, I will consider selling my whole collection. Blanka's been my boy for 20 years and it would be pointless for me to have everyone except for him.Blanka like the one from SOTA in 1/4 would be great. Sagat and Blanka from SOTA are so beautiful, but they are to small for me :-(
Imagine this one with real fabric, real chains and in 1/4:
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa20/equi-nox76/blanka.jpg
I love the vains on the arms!
Christina

Ryu
05-06-2010, 05:18 AM
Blanka like the one from SOTA in 1/4 would be great. Sagat and Blanka from SOTA are so beautiful, but they are to small for me :-(
Imagine this one with real fabric, real chains and in 1/4:
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa20/equi-nox76/blanka.jpg
I love the vains on the arms!
Christina

So, size does matter :wink2:

Ryu
05-06-2010, 05:22 AM
Well I started SOTA when I was 17 with nothing but a dream...so it will always be an important part of my life.

Its very fulfilling to take something from nothing and have it become, at the time, one of the most well loved action figure companies in the world.

I had someone from a very large company tell me a couple months ago they considered me one of the most important people in the action figure business over the past ten years. I couldnt ask for a bigger compliment.

But I really needed to take a few years off from working so selling SOTA was a smart move that Im still happy about.

Afterwards I bummed around. Hung out with friends. Traveled. Produced two movies. Got to step back and figure out what i wanted to do next.

So all is good.

That's too funny. :laugh:

World Warrior
05-06-2010, 11:46 AM
Don't worry Beast, blanka is being made. I just don't know how far down the line he is, he could be next for all I know, after Bison of course. ;)

akumalove
05-06-2010, 01:08 PM
So, size does matter :wink2:
LOL!!!! :)
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa20/equi-nox76/lol-1.jpg
Smile ;)

Don't worry Beast, blanka is being made. I just don't know how far down the line he is, he could be next for all I know, after Bison of course. ;)
I would say Chun-Li is next and then Sagat :D

Christina

Tin
05-06-2010, 02:59 PM
I dont want to but my nose into another companies business but at the same time I dont want collectors being confused by two similar lines, especially since I have been making mine for three years.

So, SOTA only has the right to do a Ryu in 1/4 scale mixed media. They have no other rights.

As ive said in a few other threads, I will be doing my 'Ultimate Ryu' next year in 1/3rd scale. It will be epic but its also going to be very expensive.

I know you dont want to go into details about contracts... but if SOTA only have rights to make that Ryu, is there any chance that you could look into getting the rights for SFIV so that there isnt a SF4 PF line done, basically getting all the characters anyway? Dont know if thats possible, but throwing it out there and I know you wont want to reply (well, might want to reply but wont because of business reasons)

T-Jam
05-06-2010, 03:05 PM
hey jerry. how about an epic 1/3 SAGAT?

World Warrior
05-06-2010, 07:02 PM
I know you dont want to go into details about contracts... but if SOTA only have rights to make that Ryu, is there any chance that you could look into getting the rights for SFIV so that there isnt a SF4 PF line done, basically getting all the characters anyway? Dont know if thats possible, but throwing it out there and I know you wont want to reply (well, might want to reply but wont because of business reasons)

Jerry has already hinted at SFIV being a possibility in other post. Please allow him to finish the current line before requesting other figures. He knows there is a demand out there for other characters from the series. But you have to understand that he has other lines on his plate aside from SF. Figure this, he releases 4 SF characters a year the other part of the year he is releasing other statues from other licenses. He has also mentioned that next year he will focus on the development of the 1/3 Ryu. If he were to decide to do the other characters outside of the current 12 he is doing we are looking at 3-5 years before we would have a complete SF line up of the other characters not including a NEWER version of characters based on there SFIV designs.

Andrew
05-06-2010, 10:49 PM
Sagat and Blanka from SOTA are so beautiful, but they are to small for me :-(
Christina

What, 12 inches is too small? :vortex:

:tumblew:

Ryu
05-06-2010, 10:55 PM
What, 12 inches is too small? :vortex:

:tumblew:
Perhaps width is an issue. :laugh:

Ryu
05-06-2010, 11:28 PM
How is Balrog losing to Honda?

Alpha_Flight
05-07-2010, 02:59 PM
Donno man,

As much as I like Edmond (I think thats Honda's fisrt name??), Balrog is where it's at. I wan't him to display with Bison, Vega, and Cammy Ex., and the eventual Sagat.

I don't know why people hate on Rog so much... he kinda has Namor syndrome... but Namor is power as is Balrog ... IMHO of course

Tin
05-07-2010, 04:41 PM
Jerry has already hinted at SFIV being a possibility in other post. Please allow him to finish the current line before requesting other figures. He knows there is a demand out there for other characters from the series. But you have to understand that he has other lines on his plate aside from SF. Figure this, he releases 4 SF characters a year the other part of the year he is releasing other statues from other licenses. He has also mentioned that next year he will focus on the development of the 1/3 Ryu. If he were to decide to do the other characters outside of the current 12 he is doing we are looking at 3-5 years before we would have a complete SF line up of the other characters not including a NEWER version of characters based on there SFIV designs.

If you read my post properly, I didn't even mention him making a SF4 statue

T-Jam
05-07-2010, 04:47 PM
How is Balrog losing to Honda?

THANK YOU!!!!! WTF? :banghead: :banghead:

T-Jam
05-07-2010, 04:49 PM
ok, i know alot of people like chun li, but dam. how is she beating sagat?

akumalove
05-10-2010, 03:32 AM
Donno man,

As much as I like Edmond (I think thats Honda's fisrt name??) I remember his first name is Edmundo :)
Christina

Mannequin
05-10-2010, 04:30 AM

I believe and IMO Chun-li comes 2nd to Ryu in terms of popularity among the 12 Original SF,
1 Ryu
2. Chun-li
3/4. Ken/ Guile
5 Sagat
6 Bison

THE_BEAST
05-10-2010, 10:32 PM
I believe and IMO Chun-li comes 2nd to Ryu in terms of popularity among the 12 Original SF,
1 Ryu
2. Chun-li
3/4. Ken/ Guile
5 Sagat
6 Bison

Hold on. Blanka HAS to be in the top 6. Are you crazy???

Ryu
05-11-2010, 02:36 AM

You know, she's beating out Bison too.

El Pulento
05-11-2010, 02:47 AM
What Kind of Price tag can we expect on Sagat when it comes out? Jerry has already said that is going to be expensive because it's Huge.. so what are we talking about.. .299.. 349?.. 399?....

akumalove
05-11-2010, 01:24 PM
What Kind of Price tag can we expect on Sagat when it comes out? Jerry has already said that is going to be expensive because it's Huge.. so what are we talking about.. .299.. 349?.. 399?....
I think more expensive than Zangief, so propably 399 USD will be correct? But please make him solid, not holo as Zangief, even if it's more expensive to make him solid. PLEASE. Because he'll be a centerpiece of the collection.
Christina

SARFARAZ
06-07-2010, 05:04 PM
Ok by now we know Bison and Chunners are on the way, My question to you Jerry, you will do blanka, dhalsim, sagat, honda AND balrog right? I know there are rumours Balrog wont get done, but there's no way you can do that. Yes you might have to make him limited but for all of us who are collecting to complete the world warriors, you just have to make him Jerry.

jetfuel
06-07-2010, 07:48 PM
Needs to be Sagat and he needs to be a monster in this pose. I can just imagine real cloth hand wraps and leather eye patch

Spazzy
06-07-2010, 08:27 PM
buying the rest of the line.

THE_BEAST
06-07-2010, 08:44 PM
buying the rest of the line.

+1

Alpha_Flight
06-08-2010, 08:59 AM
Needs to be Sagat and he needs to be a monster in this pose. I can just imagine real cloth hand wraps and leather eye patch

Needs to be a monster indeed... I know it's all about the capcom continuity in regards to the height and build of the characters as Jerry has said before. But in much of the art, Sagat is an absolute tank, which I think would make this statty the absolute best!

World Warrior
06-08-2010, 10:27 AM
so then can we ask, "Jerry PLEASE show us the digital rendering for Sagat before begining the sculpting process." ?

Vince-Vell
06-08-2010, 10:33 AM
ROSE!!!!

PWEASE! :thumbs2:

SARFARAZ
06-12-2010, 05:58 PM
Bump

akumalove
06-13-2010, 09:31 AM
Since Blanka would have gotten a lot of votes too, I guess Honda, Dhalsim and Balgod should get a nice low ES ergo they also will sell out for sure.
Christina

THE_BEAST
06-13-2010, 10:56 AM
Since Blanka would have gotten a lot of votes too, I guess Honda, Dhalsim and Balgod should get a nice low ES ergo they also will sell out for sure.
Christina

In turn, that means they will hold their value too. Possibly go up a little :)

World Warrior
06-13-2010, 10:58 AM
The way I see it is the main 12 WILL all sell, I don't really feel a low ES is needed for any of them and with the increasing demand I actually think it should be raised by 50-100 pieces per character. But once the 12 are complete, then all remaining characters that J would want to do should be considered for low ES. I know there are some popular NEW Challengers but the demand for them isn't the same as the 12, IMO.

SARFARAZ
06-13-2010, 11:13 AM
After all 12 WW's are done I'll cry if Jerry doesnt make DeeJay, Feilong and Thawk...:(

World Warrior
06-13-2010, 11:16 AM
I had already asked about Feilong and if I remember right he would like to but I don't remember the uncertainty with the statue?

I personally would like to have Fei long in mid Flame kick.

akumalove
06-13-2010, 12:48 PM
ok, a Feilong after the 12 WW's I would be interested in too, also in a Rolento.
Christina

THE_BEAST
06-13-2010, 03:34 PM
ok, a Feilong after the 12 WW's I would be interested in too, also in a Rolento.
Christina

My choices after the first 12 would be:
#1 - Gouken
#2 - Dee Jay
#3 - Dan

Ryu
06-13-2010, 03:38 PM
After all 12 WW's are done I'll cry if Jerry doesnt make DeeJay, Feilong and Thawk...:(

:waah: Yeah Jerry, me too

fengjun
06-13-2010, 04:41 PM
I would buy Feilong no doubt.

THE_BEAST
06-28-2010, 01:11 AM
bump

THE_BEAST
07-12-2010, 05:48 AM
Bump...

akumalove
07-23-2010, 01:11 PM
So we know that Sagat will not be next after Chun-Li, then it must be Balrog, Dhalsim, Honda or Blanka :D
I hope that it will be Balrog or Dhalsim.
Would be nice to get some new input on this ;)
Christina

Andrew
07-23-2010, 01:36 PM
I'm most curious how Dhalsim will turn out. Especially with his skull necklace.

THE_BEAST
07-23-2010, 02:53 PM
So we know that Sagat will not be next after Chun-Li, then it must be Balrog, Dhalsim, Honda or Blanka :D
I hope that it will be Balrog or Dhalsim.
Would be nice to get some new input on this ;)
Christina

If its Dhalsim, please let it be under the $300 mark. More like $270-$280 :praying:

World Warrior
07-24-2010, 12:47 PM
sorry J said none of the statues would be under $300 from here on out :(

THE_BEAST
07-24-2010, 06:23 PM
sorry J said none of the statues would be under $300 from here on out :(

But Dhalsim is literally skin and bones. :radior:

akumalove
10-01-2010, 08:43 AM
sorry J said none of the statues would be under $300 from here on out :(Where did he post that?
But possible, because SS wants his part of the cake too :-/
Christina

Spartacus
10-01-2010, 11:10 AM
Im buying them all! Love the SF statues and series!

I do hope that Jerry keeps all releases consistent with the Player 1 and Player 2 concept!

Old Snake
10-01-2010, 11:19 AM
At this point the only ones in question are Honda and Balrog. Blanka, Chun Li, and Sagat are in the works, Dhalsim is done, and Bison is coming next.

High Lord Apocalypse
10-01-2010, 12:40 PM
I hope Jerry makes balrog too. Only reason I jumped in this line was to get the original street fighters

Cyber-Lip
10-01-2010, 03:51 PM
http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/rainbowmika_streetfighter.jpg

MortalMonday
10-01-2010, 03:56 PM
Sagat and Chun Li for sure, not sure about the rest.

shinodive
10-01-2010, 04:35 PM
Finish these guys off!!

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/9100/fightersu.jpg (http://img192.imageshack.us/i/fightersu.jpg/)

Then bring on alpha and 3rd Strike.

SARFARAZ
10-01-2010, 04:49 PM
If he makes all apart from balrog I will cry....but I know he will. Even if balrog is very limited.

Alpha_Flight
10-01-2010, 04:55 PM
Rog is a highly underrated character, which is very unfortunate... CUZ HE'S A BEAST!

One of my mains in SSF4... I've taken out many-a-shoto's with him!

Old Snake
10-01-2010, 05:17 PM
Balrog is all about timing.

sababun
10-01-2010, 08:02 PM
Jerry

Honda and Balrog will be done?

World Warrior
10-02-2010, 12:23 AM
I would prefer blanka in the hunched pose then the standing roaring pose.

Spartacus
10-02-2010, 12:25 AM
http://www.baixakijogos.com.br/noticias-img/20090206/sf4-blanka-big.jpeg

This pic is awesome!

Awesome
10-02-2010, 12:26 AM
As long as Honda, T. Hawk and Gouken are made then it's all good.

World Warrior
10-02-2010, 01:07 AM
Gouken is a must, but T-Hawk, meh.

Spartacus
10-02-2010, 01:16 AM
http://www.leemdixon.co.uk/jsite/images/stories/gallerys/gaming/street_fighter/1/sf4-gouken_big.jpgGouken is a must, but T-Hawk, meh.

Spartacus
10-02-2010, 01:17 AM
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs28/f/2008/099/3/e/T_Hawk___Solo_Version_by_HecM.jpg

Averone
10-02-2010, 01:30 AM
You know me!
I will buy it all!!! :)

Averone
10-02-2010, 01:30 AM
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs28/f/2008/099/3/e/T_Hawk___Solo_Version_by_HecM.jpg

He is my kids best character!
He kicks my butt every single time with this guy!

Spartacus
10-02-2010, 01:51 AM
You know me!
I will buy it all!!! :)

Me too! dame completest :doh!: !

Mannequin
10-02-2010, 02:03 AM
I would prefer blanka in the hunched pose then the standing roaring pose.

I wonder how Jerry will make this one.. Almost all of the one's that came out are not the conventional pose. All are made different stance according the way we know these character.

Mannequin
10-02-2010, 02:04 AM

This will be a cool huge Indian statue, thorn out jeans, and imagine suade fabrics on the fringe boots.

Awesome details will come out from this....

SARFARAZ
10-02-2010, 05:23 AM
And he's taller than sagat!!!!

Awesome
10-02-2010, 05:29 AM
He is 7'7" so he will have to be at least 26" to 27" in height, can't wait.

Zangief
10-02-2010, 11:59 AM
He is 7'7" so he will have to be at least 26" to 27" in height, can't wait.

I think that Jerry said he was 7'5, which converts to 22.25 when scaled down to 1/4 scale

XMAN
10-02-2010, 07:14 PM
Finish these guys off!!

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/9100/fightersu.jpg (http://img192.imageshack.us/i/fightersu.jpg/)

Then bring on alpha and 3rd Strike.

CUT TO THE CHASE.....THE ORIGINAL World Warriors
must be completed ..........I will puchase all of them.

Awesome
10-02-2010, 07:29 PM
I think that Jerry said he was 7'5, which converts to 22.25 when scaled down to 1/4 scale

Oh okay, so Hawk should be around 23.5"?

Spartacus
10-03-2010, 10:42 PM
Oh okay, so Hawk should be around 23.5"?

I love how some of the SF statues are going to be huge!
SF statues rock!:buttrock: