PDA

View Full Version : Game Stop

Tattoo-X
05-24-2005, 08:21 AM
A friend posted this info on a card forum the other day.
He talked to my wife on the phone and said he hasn't been able to find any yet for himself.
Have any of you seen this offer? There's no Game Stops in my area. Probably none on the West Coast.
I'd be interested in working something out if you plan to buy the game, but not keep the promo items.
Thanks.

GAMESTOP video stores have a promotion going on for the New Fantastic Four Video game coming out soon ,

If you pre-order the video game ( $5.oo deposit down )you get ;
Fantastic Four Movie Poster
Fantastic Four Demo Disk
Fantastic Four Lenticular Magnet - shows invisable woman
Fantastic Four set of 4 cards - unnumbered
Fantastic Four Tattoo sheet w/ human torch
Thing Squeezable Stress Rock

not a bad deal for the money

Nightcrawler777
05-25-2005, 12:22 PM
There is a Game Stop in the Mall my store is at...
Ill run down latter 2day and check for you...

Is it just the cards you are looking for???

Sam Wilson
05-25-2005, 04:16 PM
A friend posted this info on a card forum the other day.
He talked to my wife on the phone and said he hasn't been able to find any yet for himself.
Have any of you seen this offer? There's no Game Stops in my area. Probably none on the West Coast.
I'd be interested in working something out if you plan to buy the game, but not keep the promo items.
Thanks.

GAMESTOP video stores have a promotion going on for the New Fantastic Four Video game coming out soon ,

If you pre-order the video game ( $5.oo deposit down )you get ;
Fantastic Four Movie Poster
Fantastic Four Demo Disk
Fantastic Four Lenticular Magnet - shows invisable woman
Fantastic Four set of 4 cards - unnumbered
Fantastic Four Tattoo sheet w/ human torch
Thing Squeezable Stress Rock

not a bad deal for the money

Bro, this might work online also, you check their internet store?

Krypton Knight
05-25-2005, 05:36 PM
Tat, these might be near you, I couldn't remember exactly where in Oregon you lived. GameStop at Valley River Center in Eugene or the Software Etc.(same company) at Rouge Valley Mall in Medford?

Ghost
05-25-2005, 06:03 PM
If you go to the site you can always check store availability near you. Then you can find what's near you if any, and if they have it in stock, and normally you can also get exclusives online as well. I know I have the times I've bought stuff from them.

Tattoo-X
06-01-2005, 08:26 PM
Thanks for the info guys.
I'll look into this some more.
Has anyone seen the offer yet?

Tattoo-S
06-05-2005, 03:14 PM
Tat, these might be near you, I couldn't remember exactly where in Oregon you lived. GameStop at Valley River Center in Eugene or the Software Etc.(same company) at Rouge Valley Mall in Medford?
Thanks to all you guys for your advice. We did check online as to availability and locations. There are 2 about 100 miles either direction of us. Neither of which has a "clue".

Any assistance would be grately appreciated. If anyone find them I will reimburse the $$. It is only the cards and perhaps the stickers that we are interested in. I found out recently that there are actually 6 cards but somehow many of the promotions are only releasing 2 at a time. So getting all 6 may turn out to be a real challenge. :banghead:

Anyway, if anyone should stumble upon them or hear anything a heads up would be appreciated.

Thanks Guys.

Tattoo-X
06-07-2005, 04:51 AM
If I could get all the promo items, I'd probably buy the game on PS2.

Tattoo-X
06-17-2005, 10:08 AM
It's rumored that this promo offer is only in Canada.
That explains why I can't find a store that know anything about these.

Car50n
06-20-2005, 02:04 PM
i'll can usually get all these promos for free. i'll call in some favors and see what the low-down is. i don't really buy games anymore, but have a nice collection of promo discs and t-shirts. good to be connected :D

Tattoo-X
06-22-2005, 06:44 AM
i'll can usually get all these promos for free. i'll call in some favors and see what the low-down is. i don't really buy games anymore, but have a nice collection of promo discs and t-shirts. good to be connected :D
That would really be great! :buttrock: Thanks.

Car50n
06-24-2005, 11:49 AM
That would really be great! :buttrock: Thanks.

well. i got some info. that stuff was sent out months ago. most US stores got a very small amount of the items. some went to reserves(demos, orange rock), others were in-store promo items for display(video game posters.) They don't remember ever seeing the magnet or the tattoo sheet.

I recieved some of the promo items a week or so ago from Activision. it included 2 of the game/movie posters(folded) and the lenticular magnet. I had gotten the Rock Sponge several months ago from a friend who'd gone to E3.

sorry Tattoo...no cards. i know that's what you were looking for most. closest thing i have now is an Oversized Dr.Doom Triumphant VS card and the new FF VS starter decks at my shop.

Tattoo-X
06-24-2005, 07:16 PM
well. i got some info. that stuff was sent out months ago. most US stores got a very small amount of the items. some went to reserves(demos, orange rock), others were in-store promo items for display(video game posters.) They don't remember ever seeing the magnet or the tattoo sheet.

I recieved some of the promo items a week or so ago from Activision. it included 2 of the game/movie posters(folded) and the lenticular magnet. I had gotten the Rock Sponge several months ago from a friend who'd gone to E3.

sorry Tattoo...no cards. i know that's what you were looking for most. closest thing i have now is an Oversized Dr.Doom Triumphant VS card and the new FF VS starter decks at my shop.
Thanks,
I'm wondering about the new FF VS starter decks. Wife already won 2 on ebay, but are they all the same cards inside?
BTW, received the JLA and Avengers promo items from Upper Deck this week. Looks like Alex Ross' art. Very nice promo sheets.

Car50n
06-26-2005, 04:18 PM
Thanks,
I'm wondering about the new FF VS starter decks. Wife already won 2 on ebay, but are they all the same cards inside?
BTW, received the JLA and Avengers promo items from Upper Deck this week. Looks like Alex Ross' art. Very nice promo sheets.

FF VS decks are all the same

Tattoo-X
10-04-2005, 04:05 AM
I heard that Game Stop had cards for pre-orders of Marvel Nemesis.
I don't have a Game Stop nearby, and the ones I've called in Oregon about the FF cards didn't have a clue to what I was looking for.
Can anyone help me out with these cards?
Have there been promo cards from other Marvel game pre-orders?
THANKS!

Tattoo-X
10-11-2005, 09:24 PM
I've now learned that the promotional packs of 8 are all randomly packed.
So there's alot more than 8 different cards.
I know there's 15 or so.
Only got 10 so far.

Any one have info on these cards, or previous promo cards? Any extras?

J Storm
10-13-2005, 07:30 PM
can't you pre-order from their website & still get there free promos? I know when I check it out from time to time, I see them offering the free promos on those certain titles.