PDA

View Full Version : How do you repair a crack?

frankmac
05-31-2005, 05:00 PM
I bought a statue recently, and when it arrived, the arm was slightly cracked in two places. With no chunks missing, what is the best way to fill them? Can someone suggest a putty or other product? Then I will have to repaint a small section.

CaptainAmerica
05-31-2005, 05:09 PM
Which statue is it ? It may help me, help you choose the good product :)

frankmac
05-31-2005, 05:13 PM
Simon Barsinister cold cast porcelain figure from Cipriano studios. Small hairline cracks on a white labcoat, so repainting should be fairly simple once I fill the cracks.

Statue is #65 of 2000 so I really want to repair it right.

CaptainAmerica
05-31-2005, 06:15 PM
it is this one ? :

http://www.rankinbass.com/images/underdogsimon.jpg

To full fill the crack you can use some sculptey, and you hard it with a hairdry (i used this method before and it works well.)
But some other members of the forum may have more interesting method.

To paint it, you'll need to use some White Skull from GWS paints. The photo shows i saw shows the coat as really white (a clear perfect white). (If the coat is a bit grey a cream, you'll need to combine the white with another color (some vermin brown (really few) for the cream or some grey codex for the grey.)

frankmac
05-31-2005, 06:29 PM
That's the one. I have some white sculpey, so I may try that technique.

lord odin
05-31-2005, 06:30 PM
it is this one ? :

http://www.rankinbass.com/images/underdogsimon.jpg

To full fill the crack you can use some sculptey, and you hard it with a hairdry (i used this method before and it works well.)
But some other members of the forum may have more interesting method.

To paint it, you'll need to use some White Skull from GWS paints. The photo shows i saw shows the coat as really white (a clear perfect white). (If the coat is a bit grey a cream, you'll need to combine the white with another color (some vermin brown (really few) for the cream or some grey codex for the grey.)
I got that brand new 2 months ago it`s a great piece. :buttrock:

frankmac
05-31-2005, 06:42 PM
Yeah, I bought the Underdog, Simon Barsinister and Riff Raff statues all within a week. They look awesome together. As soon as I fix the cracks on Simon, they will be perfect.

I also ordered the Electric Tiki mini Underdog maquette. So I can't wait to get them all together.

frankmac
05-31-2005, 07:58 PM
UPS just showed up on my doorstep with the Electric Tiki Underdog! Woohoo what a setup.

Anybody have any more suggestions on how to repair this statue?

Newnorb
06-24-2005, 11:44 PM
How about an epoxy putty like milliput? You can use a little water to smooth it in real well.