PDA

View Full Version : coaxial cable and connectors

hawkeyethearcher
07-15-2010, 11:28 PM
are there high def coax cables and splitters out there. my cable guy said he was attaching i high def coax cable when i got high def and now that i need another one for a second tv i dont se them online

Bullseye
07-20-2010, 08:09 AM
Not sure. But my HD box requires a second cable to be connected to the satalite dish as they do not split the signal.

Collection King 13
07-20-2010, 11:15 AM
coaxil is coaxil... there is no such thing as high def coaxil... the cable box is what provides the high def.

Hellboy
07-25-2010, 04:41 AM
Not exactly sure what your cable guy was referring to but I can tell you there is no such thing as "high def coax cable or splitters." Standard coax, or RG-6, is the industry standard and capable or delivering all your high def needs whether it be through Satellite or Cable service. As far as splitters go a 5-1000MHz splitter is all you need for Cable service to work effectively.

Coax only provides signal to the digital terminal (cable/satellite box.) Cable boxes have one coax feed while Satellite boxes will have 2. The type of box will determine whether you get HD or not. Obviously you'll need to have either an HDMI or Component Cable connection to an HDTV as well.