PDA

View Full Version : SDCC 2011

Mirkitsune
08-03-2010, 10:39 AM
I know that SDCC 2010 just ended, but it's never too early to start thinking about next year! How many of you are going to be going in costume? And if you are, what costumes would you be wearing?

Though I don't have any pictures of any works in progress on any of my own 2011 costumes, I'll probably end up showing off some sketches, since this is going to be a very lengthy project, involving a lot of sewing and custom makes.

For 2011, though, I can safely say that in my repertoire of costumes, I'll be going as

- Black Queen (Jean Grey, not Selene. They're not that big.)

- White Phoenix of the Crown (Possibly an homage to Dave Cockrum's original design.)

- Umbra Witch Dark Phoenix (A custom made cross between Bayonetta and Dark Phoenix, complete with four PVC handguns, though those might be left home in the end.)

I was going to spend Sunday in a Link outfit (following the new Skyward Sword art), but I decided against it. I'll probably be burning up the other three days anyhow. :p

Anyone going to be going in costume, or is anyone looking forward to seeing some particular costumes next year?

VS1976
08-04-2010, 12:23 AM
I know that SDCC 2010 just ended, but it's never too early to start thinking about next year! How many of you are going to be going in costume? And if you are, what costumes would you be wearing?

Though I don't have any pictures of any works in progress on any of my own 2011 costumes, I'll probably end up showing off some sketches, since this is going to be a very lengthy project, involving a lot of sewing and custom makes.

For 2011, though, I can safely say that in my repertoire of costumes, I'll be going as

- Black Queen (Jean Grey, not Selene. They're not that big.)

- White Phoenix of the Crown (Possibly an homage to Dave Cockrum's original design.)

- Umbra Witch Dark Phoenix (A custom made cross between Bayonetta and Dark Phoenix, complete with four PVC handguns, though those might be left home in the end.)

I was going to spend Sunday in a Link outfit (following the new Skyward Sword art), but I decided against it. I'll probably be burning up the other three days anyhow. :p

Anyone going to be going in costume, or is anyone looking forward to seeing some particular costumes next year?

Costumes huh! If u have natural red hair, go with Black Queen, Jean Grey. Gotta love the S&M look . :p

hawkeyethearcher
08-04-2010, 06:11 PM
would it be wrong to dress as robin from the adult batman pic. the one where he wears the tv show robin outfit but the R is replaced with an X

Mirkitsune
08-05-2010, 09:23 PM
If I can get away with wearing little more than a corset, underwear, and a cape, I don't see why that would be an issue.

But I'm sure as heck not doing it.