PDA

View Full Version : The Silver Centurion!

neomatrix99
08-03-2010, 02:47 PM
how about this

lord odin
08-03-2010, 02:48 PM
I always loved that armor but I hate the pose.

Quicksilver
08-03-2010, 02:57 PM
nothing wrong with the 4pack silver centurion, except its small

Jesse321
08-03-2010, 03:09 PM
What about it? :sly2:

Helder M.
08-03-2010, 03:16 PM
:laugh:

Mean Green
08-03-2010, 03:24 PM
Per Randy's message on FB, it will become an action pose :)

lord odin
08-03-2010, 03:32 PM
Per Randy's message on FB, it will become an action pose :)
Great news.:overjoyed:

Averone
08-03-2010, 03:34 PM
Gimme! Gimme!

Now!!
:waah:

Crossbonez74
08-03-2010, 03:45 PM
This is my favorite suit of IM armor

onoman
08-03-2010, 04:02 PM
I hope Randy releases this by itself, the 4 pack was good if you wanted all four...but if you wanted certain ones it wasn't.

Tetragrammaton
08-03-2010, 04:18 PM
I do not think the multi--pack idea works for statues as well as it does for bust simply because of the high price point.

Someone willing to pay $150-$200 for a single statue, is likely to also be willing to pay $150-$200 for a mini-bust multi-pack. Once the price goes past $500 for three or four statues, I don't think too many people are interested (just look at the edition size of 300 for the Iron Man 4-pack).

Hopefully, the new Iron Man statues recently previewed (classic, silver centurion, neo classic) are offered separately.

2suhweet
08-03-2010, 04:23 PM
This is the only one I wanted from the 4 pack to begin with. HOPEFULLY a single piece to purchase

Quicksilver
08-03-2010, 04:31 PM
what was the point of the 4pack if they are just re-releasing those statues seperatley now with a diff pose?? I think its time to sell my 4 pack

UC7
08-03-2010, 04:37 PM
It would be pretty lame for Randy to re-release a Silver Centurion armor in a museum pose nearly identical to the one in the four-pack. Many of us picked up the four pack because it had the suit. An action pose, however, would be something I would buy.

If he does decide to release a near copy of an older version, he might as well also redo a bunch of his other popular statues with near identical poses.

Whatever.. it's his business and his choice. He's been pretty good about not repeating similar sculpts in the past. I'll just hope that the track record remains the same.

Big Hulk
08-03-2010, 04:39 PM
It would be pretty lame for Randy to re-release a Silver Centurion armor in a museum pose nearly identical to the one in the four-pack. Many of us picked up the four pack because it had the suit. An action pose, however, would be something I would buy.

If he does decide to release a near copy of an older version, he might as well also redo a bunch of his other popular statues with near identical poses.

Whatever.. it's his business and his choice. He's been pretty good about not repeating similar sculpts in the past. I'll just hope that the track record remains the same.

I saw on his facebook that he said this was just a working file and that it would eventually turn into an action pose. Here's hoping it does!

marvelrules
08-03-2010, 04:41 PM
This is my favorite suit of IM armor

Ditto :overjoyed:

Tetragrammaton
08-03-2010, 04:48 PM
I think we need to keep in mind that with these digital sculpts very often the early WIP pictures will all have the arms to the side museum pose and that this does not necessarily mean that it will be the actual pose for the final statue.

As for the silver centurion itself, I just hope they make it noticeably bulkier than the classic armor.

UC7
08-03-2010, 04:52 PM
I think we need to keep in mind that with these digital sculpts very often the early WIP pictures will all have the arms to the side museum pose and that this does not necessarily mean that it will be the actual pose for the final statue.

As for the silver centurion itself, I just hope they make it noticeably bulkier than the classic armor.

That's a good point. The early digital work does have the basic stance. Here's hoping for something reminiscent of one of the covers from that era.

Collection King 13
08-03-2010, 04:55 PM

:laugh:

Jesse321
08-03-2010, 05:11 PM
Seriously, what about it?

It's an IMSC ... woohooo! http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g13/tanuki-kage/Emoticons/sarcasticclap.gif

Hellboy
08-03-2010, 05:54 PM
Well I'm excited. This is the only IM I would actually buy. I refused to buy the 4 pack due to the price and small scale but really like this armor and would love to be able to finally add it to my West Coast Avengers setup.

Simon Williams
08-03-2010, 06:29 PM
Is this a reissue of the four pack. Looks the same as this.the creativeness has gotten to an all time low over at BD. Scrap it and try again.this time something more interesting looking.

Crossbonez74
08-03-2010, 06:42 PM
Well I'm excited. This is the only IM I would actually buy. I refused to buy the 4 pack due to the price and small scale but really like this armor and would love to be able to finally add it to my West Coast Avengers setup.

My sentiments exactly. This is the only IM I would even want in my collection. I do agree with the others that the pose needs to be more dynamic.

Hellboy
08-03-2010, 07:14 PM
Is this a reissue of the four pack. Looks the same as this.the creativeness has gotten to an all time low over at BD. Scrap it and try again.this time something more interesting looking.

It is not a reissue. What is pictured is just a working file. It will eventually become an action pose according to Randy.

VaultMan
08-03-2010, 07:33 PM
what was the point of the 4pack if they are just re-releasing those statues seperatley now with a diff pose?? I think its time to sell my 4 pack

My flipping detector is going off...

VaultMan
08-03-2010, 07:33 PM
And this is a pass for me, even in action pose...

Storm Lover
08-03-2010, 07:51 PM
how about this

I thought they did this with the 4 pack.

Quicksilver
08-03-2010, 09:00 PM
My flipping detector is going off...

300+ statues and busts in my collection, i've never sold a single piece...im the last person to be calling a flipper! :slapf: if anything im the flipee :p

VinReaper
08-03-2010, 09:12 PM
I know! How about another Iron Man?!:doh!: :banghead:

VR

armitage
08-03-2010, 09:28 PM
The Iron Man obsession has just crossed from ridiculous to outrageous.

Averone
08-03-2010, 09:50 PM
The Iron Man obsession has just crossed from ridiculous to outrageous.

You have seen nothing yet buddy!!

Matches Malone
08-03-2010, 10:08 PM
I know! How about another Iron Man?!:doh!: :banghead:

VR

:iagree:

I can't even comment on this trend anymore. Emoticons only from here on out regarding BD Iron Man product.

dablkpnther
08-03-2010, 11:04 PM
You have seen nothing yet buddy!!

LOL. :hilarious:

Jesse321
08-03-2010, 11:19 PM
Looks guys, as much as only a few of us seem to be excited over this project ... the simple fact is that IM is one of Bowen's best sellers ... so obviously SOMEONE is excited about these pieces.

If they sell Randy's going to keep making them, and frankly I don't blame him for that, no one is in business to lose money.

ALIMOE27
08-03-2010, 11:22 PM
Looks guys, as much as only a few of us seem to be excited over this project ... the simple fact is that IM is one of Bowen's best sellers ... so obviously SOMEONE is excited about these pieces.

If they sell Randy's going to keep making them, and frankly I don't blame him for that, no one is in business to lose money.

:goodpost:

VinReaper
08-03-2010, 11:22 PM

You are right! Heck! I bought over 8 IM statues from BD!

But eventually even the greatest Iron Man fan will have too many or every possible combination and/or permutation for IM concepts will be achieved and he will have lost a ton of clients that have moved on.

He should change it up a little more frequently. I didn't say he should stop making IM, just don't make them back to back to back! :)

VR

Jesse321
08-03-2010, 11:39 PM
Randy's a pretty smart cookie, I think he'll know when enough's enough.

But I do agree with you that I think the IM craze is reaching it's saturation point. Seems like you can't go anywhere, where there isn't a ton of IM product starying to line the shelves.

VinReaper
08-03-2010, 11:42 PM
Randy's a pretty smart cookie, I think he'll know when enough's enough.

But I do agree with you that I think the IM craze is reaching it's saturation point. Seems like you can't go anywhere, where there isn't a ton of IM product staring to line the shelves.

I am sure the movie releases drive the market and what Disney/Marvel force upon Randy. Everyone get ready for more Cap, Thor, Avengers and a blessing for me Deadpool! :)

VR

Jesse321
08-04-2010, 12:00 AM
Well of course Randy's going to take advantage of free press and momentum from movie releases, the man's not stupid.

But in so far as character selection, I think it's the reverse.

I don't think that Marvel/Disney force character selection on BD's ... asinine rules about cigarettes, cigars, cleavage and height restrictions, absolutely ... but not character selection.

Randy submits the characters that he wants to do to Marvel and they approve them, but I've never read anywhere, where they dictate the character selection on BD's.

Tetragrammaton
08-04-2010, 12:53 AM
I rather confused by the amount of different Iron Man pieces being offered by Bowen Designs. In comparison, both Sideshow and Kotobukiya have the movie licenses, so all the movie pieces are a little easier for me to understand.

I never would have thought we would see a Hulkbuster sculpt, let alone two from Bowen. Iron Man now is easily the most represented Marvel character from Bowen, surpassing more popular characters such as Spider-Man, Wolverine or the Hulk.

Has Randy ever mentioned why the focus on Iron Man beyond the simple fact that they sell?

Hellboy
08-04-2010, 01:00 AM
I rather confused by the amount of different Iron Man pieces being offered by Bowen Designs. In comparison, both Sideshow and Kotobukiya have the movie licenses, so all the movie pieces are a little easier for me to understand.

I never would have thought we would see a Hulkbuster sculpt, let alone two from Bowen. Iron Man now is easily the most represented Marvel character from Bowen, surpassing more popular characters such as Spider-Man, Wolverine or the Hulk.

Has Randy ever mentioned why the focus on Iron Man beyond the simple fact that they sell?

I think its rather obvious really. Iron Man simply has more costume variations than any other character in the Marvel Universe. Add to that he is an A-List character with 2 hit movies under his belt which will culminate with the upcoming Avengers film and you have your answer. The characters you mentioned above may have a stronger fan base from a comic book reader's standpoint but Iron Man has more universal appeal than anyone else in the MU at the moment. You could do 20 different Spider-Man or Wolverine statues and you wouldn't get anywhere near the variety you would with IM. Hulk is close though. Bottom line is it all translates to easy $$$.

joy_division
08-04-2010, 01:01 AM
Fave Iron man suit, but the helmet is wrong. It needs to be wider

Tetragrammaton
08-04-2010, 01:02 AM
That makes perfect sense, thanks Hellboy.

Tetragrammaton
08-04-2010, 01:05 AM
Fave Iron man suit, but the helmet is wrong. It needs to be wider

If you ask me, the entire armor isn't proportioned as it should be. As compared with the classic armor, the silver centurion is significantly wider.

Some artists, like Byrne, made the silver centurion look like a tank with legs, but generally all artists made it look thick and stocky.

Hellboy
08-04-2010, 01:09 AM
I agree with the points you guys are making. The armor does need some tweaking to look more comic accurate. It definitely should look more rigid and bulky.

There is a good possibility we'll see changes from the piece pictured since after all that is the Silver Centurion from the 4-pack not the action posed piece we will be getting.

UC7
08-04-2010, 01:20 AM
I broke out my copy of Iron Man #200, the first appearance of the armor. Here is the artwork from that first frame (Penciler-Mark Bright):

http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq336/usee7/SilverCenturionFirstApp.jpg

Different artists may have different takes on the armor, but the original representation is somewhat wider than the digital sculpt... for now. I have more issues that follow the armor's introduction, and Bright stayed on as penciler for a while, keeping the width about the same.

Tetragrammaton
08-04-2010, 01:24 AM
http://i33.tinypic.com/24cws1t.jpg

by Layton

joy_division
08-04-2010, 01:39 AM
now all we need is an Iron monger statue to go with this!

Averone
08-04-2010, 06:32 AM
I think its rather obvious really. Iron Man simply has more costume variations than any other character in the Marvel Universe. Add to that he is an A-List character with 2 hit movies under his belt which will culminate with the upcoming Avengers film and you have your answer. The characters you mentioned above may have a stronger fan base from a comic book reader's standpoint but Iron Man has more universal appeal than anyone else in the MU at the moment. You could do 20 different Spider-Man or Wolverine statues and you wouldn't get anywhere near the variety you would with IM. Hulk is close though. Bottom line is it all translates to easy $$$.

I think you also have to consider the true fact that I buy every IM that BD puts out! Why not make more versions of the armors. Heck I cant get enough of them, I am even making some armors that BD has forgotten to make or is neglecting!
Guys I just dont see your arguments about too much Iron man!
There will never be too much Iron man! Im still waiting on some 26 armors to be made!
Sure happy here that BD is getting them done! And if he doesnt do it, well I will make it happen, life is just too short!

derekrodneysim
08-04-2010, 10:52 AM
Heck! If it looks good, why not make one?

Bullseye
08-04-2010, 11:20 AM
I thought this had already been made in a museum pose.

Hellboy
08-04-2010, 02:36 PM
I thought this had already been made in a museum pose.

Yes it was but it was part of an expensive 4-pack set and it was a smaller scale than the standard FS piece. Revisiting this armor in an action pose gives those of us that didn't want the entire 4-pack or were unsatisfied with the scale a chance to add this piece to our collection.

joy_division
08-04-2010, 03:06 PM
I'd rather have a museum pose than action

Jesse321
08-04-2010, 03:10 PM
It's AMAZING that Randy hasn't jumped off a cliff yet!! :laugh:

Bullseye
08-04-2010, 03:12 PM
Were the space and deep sea IM ever put up for pre order?

Jesse321
08-04-2010, 03:14 PM
I don't recall them ever being finished ... could be they're in the molding and or painting process.

Juggernaut
08-04-2010, 03:41 PM
Deep Sea Iron Man!

What a lousy name. :laugh:

Tetragrammaton
08-04-2010, 03:50 PM
It's actually called the Hydro Armor.

Simon Williams
08-04-2010, 04:58 PM
http://i33.tinypic.com/24cws1t.jpg

by Layton

Now this is how the statue should look.

And we need a controller and guardsman bust.

Hellboy
08-04-2010, 05:27 PM
I'd rather have a museum pose than action

As would I but considering the museum piece was part of a 4-pack and the MB was part of a 3-pack I'll take what I can get at this point without having to buy extra statues/busts just to acquire a Silver Centurion.

skorpsta
08-04-2010, 06:33 PM
P A S S.....ANOTHER IRON MAN STATUE

Averone
08-04-2010, 07:09 PM
Deep Sea Iron Man!

What a lousy name. :laugh:

Better than naming him, the deep rear guard Ironman!! :p
Im not so much for the names as seeing IM in his cool new armors.

Averone
08-04-2010, 07:10 PM
P A S S.....ANOTHER IRON MAN STATUE

What you say?
I cant hear you!! :ignore:

nolilia
08-04-2010, 08:40 PM
Are they selling this individually?

joy_division
08-04-2010, 11:28 PM
I recently got the Prelude to Armor wars, Armor Wars & Iron Monger books, simply because this featured heavily in them. Awesome reads.

If I remember correctly, Bob layton hated this design though because it just didn't make sense. aerodynamically, it is terrible, bits sticking out. The flow would be terrible

onoman
08-07-2010, 10:12 AM
I have an awesome poster done by Mike Zeck with this armor. One of my faves.

joy_division
08-07-2010, 02:18 PM
A guardsman statue would be great. I love that design

Jesse321
08-19-2010, 08:16 AM
Since I'm not a pal, I guess someone won't feel a sense of betrayal if I post this. :hilarious:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/Jesse321/ssflight.jpg

lord odin
08-19-2010, 10:59 AM
Since I'm not a pal, I guess someone won't feel a sense of betrayal if I post this. :hilarious:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/Jesse321/ssflight.jpg
To me the pose just doesn't seem natural it's like a robot or flying by remote control the left and right side the same.
Now if say the arms and legs were in different pose it would IMO give the idea of a man being in the armor and not being a machine.

Helder M.
08-19-2010, 11:38 AM
nice balls on the base .

Bullseye
08-19-2010, 11:46 AM
Idea is fine. Since this is a WIP its safe to say the base will be amended.

Hellboy
08-19-2010, 12:19 PM
I like the idea however I think it would look cooler if his palms were aimed down to simulate him balancing himself with his hand repulsors. Not that this pose doesn't work I'm just tired of the arms being in that position on so many BD pieces.

Simon Williams
08-19-2010, 12:23 PM
Oh christ. Can we please get a pose like the bob layton art shown in the picture. That statue from the wip idea is gonna have the same leaning issue as the last flying bowen statue.

joy_division
08-19-2010, 12:27 PM
just looks like a regular Iron man suit colour different with shoulderpads :(

hawkeyethearcher
08-19-2010, 12:30 PM
I like the idea however I think it would look cooler if his palms were aimed down to simulate him balancing himself with his hand repulsors. Not that this pose doesn't work I'm just tired of the arms being in that position on so many BD pieces.

you mean in the lame way that they did it in the movies so he didn't look like an evil weapons makers but someone who just stumbled onto something and used it out of necessity. no please don't do that. save that for the average movie goers that need greedo to shoot first.
i do hope they change it though and a different arm position would help

Hellboy
08-19-2010, 12:40 PM
you mean in the lame way that they did it in the movies so he didn't look like an evil weapons makers but someone who just stumbled onto something and used it out of necessity. no please don't do that. save that for the average movie goers that need greedo to shoot first.
i do hope they change it though and a different arm position would help

No not like the films. I'm thinking more arms down at his sides or aimed behind his back with palms turned downwards to increase propulsion and stability. He did this in the comics way before the films and it had absolutely nothing to do with his image as you mentioned above. :rolleyes2

UC7
08-19-2010, 12:48 PM
nice balls on the base .

I had no idea that Bowen was moving into sports.
Baseball variant Iron Man? ;)

I had always considered this armor to be his chunky, hyperpowered, muscle car version. It isn't sleek and doesn't look dynamic. I was hoping for a pose that reflected the overall bulky strength of the armor rather than something basic like flight.

joy_division
08-19-2010, 01:00 PM
I wouldn't want a take off pose, rather a standing pose

Endless Wake
08-19-2010, 01:05 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/Jesse321/ssflight.jpgI like it! This is the armor I remember most.

rychehitman
08-19-2010, 03:01 PM
that pose just looks too stiff, doesn't it?

marvelrules
08-19-2010, 03:51 PM
I like it! This is the armor I remember most.

Not a big fan of this pose.

armitage
08-19-2010, 04:20 PM

Most of these digisculpts look too stiff.

TK-421
08-19-2010, 04:25 PM

well it is a suit of armor :)

mattFoley
08-19-2010, 05:35 PM
Were the space and deep sea IM ever put up for pre order?

They're still in process. I asked Randy about them a month or two back and he said they were still on the way. Really wanting the Space Armor...

--
mF

J Storm
08-19-2010, 07:30 PM
Oh christ. Can we please get a pose like the bob layton art shown in the picture. That statue from the wip idea is gonna have the same leaning issue as the last flying bowen statue.

So true