PDA

View Full Version : Carnage Comiquette waitlist upgrade to EX

mikman42
09-02-2010, 04:54 AM
Hi guys just got an e-mail from SS telling me that they will upgrade my Carnage Comiquette order to the Exclusive.Now here is the problem they havn't announced the ES for the EX and i have two reg Carnages on order from an e-tailer at considerably less than the SS price, should i take the offer as it won't be released for another month and see how it pans out or do you think that no matter how small the ES on the EX Carnage will be,will it be worth the extra money (i suppose thats the $64,000 question)Cheers.

Dirt Torpedo
09-02-2010, 04:59 AM
The print is worthless in my eyes [although I did order the Ex myself].

However if you do intend flipping it down the line there does seem to be some buyers out there stupid enough to pay a far higher price for that print.

darren1228
09-02-2010, 04:59 AM
Hi guys just got an e-mail from SS telling me that they will upgrade my Carnage Comiquette order to the Exclusive.Now here is the problem they havn't announced the ES for the EX and i have two reg Carnages on order from an e-tailer at considerably less than the SS price, should i take the offer as it won't be released for another month and see how it pans out or do you think that no matter how small the ES on the EX Carnage will be,will it be worth the extra money (i suppose thats the $64,000 question)Cheers.

Personally I would order the regular if it was much cheaper. No plan at all to sell him so I don't care about resale value and edition size.

Dirt Torpedo
09-02-2010, 05:00 AM
Someone probably typed 2000 instead of 200 into the Sideshow photocopier.

:rimshot:

Fuzzylojiks
09-02-2010, 05:04 AM
The print looks pretty crap. Don't get it cos of ES, if you think the saving more than worth the print go that route. How much savings we talking about? You ordered 2? wow : P

mikman42
09-02-2010, 05:15 AM
Well less than $260US each to my door in Australia with 2 of them.

Spartacus
09-02-2010, 05:18 AM

Bro, go the Reg! save your money for the next SS order!

mikman42
09-02-2010, 05:25 AM
I still think at that price i can get rid of one and recoupe some cost on mine it's just the EX and i'm tending to think along the same lines as alot of you fellas

Fuzzylojiks
09-02-2010, 05:26 AM

That's pretty substantial, if you don't like the print it sounds worth it.

mikman42
09-02-2010, 05:29 AM
That's pretty substantial, if you don't like the print it sounds worth it.

They were my thoughts exactly.One will come home to go with Venom and Spidy and eventuly a G.G. Comiquette(or P.F) and the othe a little profit.

Fuzzylojiks
09-02-2010, 08:22 AM
They were my thoughts exactly.One will come home to go with Venom and Spidy and eventuly a G.G. Comiquette(or P.F) and the othe a little profit.

From the SDCC Marvel Panel it looks like there may be a hobgob in the works too.

risingstar
09-02-2010, 08:55 AM

Where did you hear that?
I doubt Carnage will be in the hands of fans in a month.

mikman42
09-02-2010, 09:49 AM
Just arough estimate thats all and i hope there is a hobgob on its way.

risingstar
09-02-2010, 10:30 AM
Just arough estimate thats all and i hope there is a hobgob on its way.

A rough estimate based on what though?

IronLungs31
09-02-2010, 01:40 PM
I'm just wondering when they are going to start shipping this bad boy.

It's like everything is so secretive when it comes to this comiquette.

darren1228
09-02-2010, 01:47 PM
I'm just wondering when they are going to start shipping this bad boy.

It's like everything is so secretive when it comes to this comiquette.

They've already posted the assembly instructions so it can't be too far off. Hope to see it in Oct.

Titanchuck
09-02-2010, 01:58 PM
well the Venom print was crappy but the ex Venom still goes for about a $100 more on ebay then the reg

IronLungs31
09-02-2010, 02:41 PM
well the Venom print was crappy but the ex Venom still goes for about a $100 more on ebay then the reg

Print aside the Ex. sticker puts some of us collectors in a trans...:vortex: , and we are under the control of that stupid little sticker. Making us spend more for a statue that physically is no different for the regular one...:doh!:

Titanchuck
09-02-2010, 02:54 PM
Print aside the Ex. sticker puts some of us collectors in a trans...:vortex: , and we are under the control of that stupid little sticker. Making us spend more for a statue that physically is no different for the regular one...:doh!:

agreed..I must admit I do like the exclusive stamp

Darth Pain
09-02-2010, 06:28 PM
They are doing this a lot now.
They sent me that e-mail but, I already have points used towards my Reg. and I really don't care for the prints or the Exclusive label.

MinMay
09-02-2010, 06:31 PM
this is so cancel long time ago :)

Spartacus
09-02-2010, 06:56 PM
Yeah, but also on resell time, the Ex versions always command extra in price then the Reg version that either stays at RRP or goes down!

Also this is a general statement and there are cases where i have see the Ex version go cheap, but on a more common bases they do go for more $$$

mikman42
09-02-2010, 07:08 PM
A rough estimate based on what though?

On the fact that SS has stated a 4th quater release which we are nearly in the Instructions have been leaked and they seem to be trying to establish the EX statue size release.Thats all.Doing a bit of your avatar (detective,deduction,conclusion) not always right.Have you got a badge?? just don't tazzer me.The released in a month statement was just me thinking out loud and working finances.Cheers

Dirt Torpedo
09-02-2010, 07:12 PM
It can't be long now surely.

mikman42
09-02-2010, 07:21 PM
I'm just about to cancel my waitlist EX Carnage or should i wait until its closer to the release date??

Frankierock
09-02-2010, 10:24 PM
What really scares me is the EX is $10 bucks more...Since when is SS giving away $$$...They convert your Reg to EX at Reg price so they eat The $10 bucks...Also not to long ago they sent out the E-mail to try and get us to convert to Flex on this badboy and save 10 bucks (also then we pay to cancel when we see the huge ES)...This and the fact the ES is not up yet all leads me to thinking this EX's ES is going to be HUGE!!!

Darth Pain
09-02-2010, 11:09 PM
I bet the Ex es is around 300. I think it's not doing so well because people are tired of the prints and are just going for the regulars. It also saves us money and some of the overseas guys will get a break by ordering from a local shop.

mikman42
09-03-2010, 12:29 AM
Local shops in Australia still charge outrages prices.A lot of the time you can not get what you want.You accept the exchange rate and postal costs because it still is cheaper than buying local.The biggest problem is postal damage.You carn't just take it back to your LCS

Fuzzylojiks
09-03-2010, 12:31 AM
Local shops in Australia still charge outrages prices.A lot of the time you can not get what you want.You accept the exchange rate and postal costs because it still is cheaper than buying local.The biggest problem is postal damage.You carn't just take it back to your LCS

Yeah Aussie stuff is crazy overpriced all around, it's even cheaper to get stuff off ebay or fly somewhere to shop. It's stupid.

Runes
09-03-2010, 02:41 AM
I hate the print on Venom and Carnage.