PDA

View Full Version : Black Knight Fullsize?!

SirConor
06-06-2005, 02:59 PM
Hey all,

Been reading the new Black Panther, which has featured Black Knight in the past few issues, and I can't help thinking how AWESOME a Black Knight full size on steed would be. Anyone else in for this one? The bust already seems to be fantastic, and a fullsize on horse in Phase III has potential to be maybe the coolest full size of all time. Anyone else wanna see this one? What say you long-lost Randy?

Fannymac
06-06-2005, 03:08 PM
Full Size?!?!? We're still waiting for the bust!!!!!! :>)

Tetragrammaton
06-06-2005, 03:11 PM
I am right with you on this one. Bust or Full Size. Bring em.

Black Knight III (Dane Whitman right?)

Nightcrawler777
06-06-2005, 03:11 PM
Id buy it..
It would be a pretty cool addition to my avengers..

Jesse321
06-06-2005, 03:12 PM
I'm definately buying the bust, but would pass on a FS.

mwf6171
06-06-2005, 03:26 PM
No interest in the bust or a full sized, but am glad that the people that want a bust will be able to pick one up.

Stef Jelos
06-06-2005, 03:59 PM
Would buy it.

Collection King 13
06-06-2005, 04:22 PM
I would pass on the FS.

Bullseye
06-06-2005, 04:24 PM
I'd say a bust would be enough. I prefer FS's but i can't see myself buying this one either way. But if there is enough interest the go for it.

SirConor
06-06-2005, 05:07 PM
Ah too bad, I was hoping this one would be a little more popular. Tetra, I'm right there with you on the BKIII! Thats the one I'm hoping for. Oddly enough, although I really like this character, I think I'd only want to see it on the horse. Thats what makes the possibility of this fullsize SO awesome to me... but looks like it doesn't have the support to catch Randy's ear... ah well, one can hope.

madjazz
06-06-2005, 05:18 PM
Id buy it..
It would be a pretty cool addition to my avengers..
It would also be really B.A.D. because of his Defenders pedigree.

Tetragrammaton
06-06-2005, 05:35 PM
I still think we could have everyone on the forum behind a project and it not being made, just as I`m sure, Bowen Designs will do a piece with little or no support from this website (i.e. the Bucky or even Fin Fang Foom for that matter).

I remember reading somewhere that the thing Mr. Bowen likes personally are the lesser known characters. If it was just a popularity contest, we would have nothing but Spider-Man and Wolverine busts and statues. I don`t know how the rest of you feel but this would be pretty boring.

While there are almost an endless supply of cool Marvel characters, it is still a profit venture, so if they can`t sell an idea or character, it simply won`t be made.

If you want to have something badly enough, find a talented independant and fork out for a custom. I know I will. We could even pool our resources, as to save ourselves some money by ordering mulitples of a particular piece.

My 2 cents. Peace.

SirConor
06-06-2005, 05:51 PM
I agree wholeheartedly. If I had the money to get a private comission, I'd do it instantly from one of our forum sculptors, but unfortunately, I currecntly lack the cashola needed to get that kind of project underway... my only hope for this one is if Randy were to produce it.

Mosby
06-06-2005, 06:33 PM
I would LOVE a FS Black Knight -- he's one bad a$$ looking dude. Great costume with tons of sculpting potential. And having him on horseback would be rad.

Rome
06-06-2005, 07:10 PM
pass,.. for now

Sniper
06-06-2005, 08:30 PM
need this one for my avengers full size set!!!!

risingstar
10-28-2006, 05:33 PM
I'm totally on board for a Black Knight and Aragorn statue, be it Modern or Silver Age!

http://i14.tinypic.com/2ev536b.jpg

http://i14.tinypic.com/2vc9n34.jpg

Daredevil
10-28-2006, 05:35 PM
I'm totally on board for a Black Knight and Aragorn statue, be it Modern or Silver Age!

http://i14.tinypic.com/2ev536b.jpg

nice pose for the FS:thumbs2:

jimbo5905
10-28-2006, 05:57 PM
Man....I would love a fs with Knight riding the horse...think that it would really turn out great...could do a "Storm-type" base with him flying through the clouds, or I'd even settle for a standing piece on the horse perched over a cliff or castle wall....come on, guys, this would be really cool....

Grumpy
10-28-2006, 06:34 PM
Need I put yet another post in to add my voice to this request? Yes, I need.
Get'er done!

Bust or FS . . . I'll get em both.

MKS
10-28-2006, 06:40 PM
no thanks on the FS

Gangleri
10-28-2006, 07:00 PM
Since BD has done some "change-O-pieces"... How about a FS Aragorn with
Change-O-Riders Black Knight(s) and Valkyrie?? That would be worthy of
the wait for these characters :)

BadLuv
10-28-2006, 08:11 PM
Would love to have a bust for my collection.

deaconbluezzz
10-28-2006, 08:17 PM
Ah too bad, I was hoping this one would be a little more popular. Tetra, I'm right there with you on the BKIII! Thats the one I'm hoping for. Oddly enough, although I really like this character, I think I'd only want to see it on the horse. Thats what makes the possibility of this fullsize SO awesome to me... but looks like it doesn't have the support to catch Randy's ear... ah well, one can hope.

Aesthetically it would look awesome, but I'm afraid that if it ever were done, we'd wind up with another Ghost Rider situation...where the actual subject of the piece is reduced in size in order to accomodate the volume of the rest of the statue. One thing I would NOT want is a 1/12 scale Black Knight to go with the rest of my 1/8 scale Bowen display.

boobhound
10-28-2006, 08:35 PM
Fullsize???!
Let's get a Bust first, then we talk about a Fullsize.

risingstar
10-28-2006, 08:45 PM
I can see the Black Knight and Aragorn statue selling more than the Scorpion so I'm not thinking this is a sales issue.

Perhaps the problem here is that some peeps can't picture or envision the sheer larger than life potential of this piece. I believe it could easily turn out to be one of the finest pieces Bowen would ever produce.

Alex655321
10-28-2006, 08:47 PM
Man....I would love a fs with Knight riding the horse...think that it would really turn out great...could do a "Storm-type" base with him flying through the clouds, or I'd even settle for a standing piece on the horse perched over a cliff or castle wall....come on, guys, this would be really cool....

Hey...If he can do Ghost Rider on a bike he can do Black Knight on Aragorn.
That would be an awesome FS:buttrock:

deaconbluezzz
10-28-2006, 08:51 PM
I can see the Black Knight and Aragorn statue selling more than the Scorpion so I'm not thinking this is a sales issue.

Perhaps the problem here is that some peeps can't picture or envision the sheer larger than life potential of this piece. I believe it could easily turn out to be one of the finest pieces Bowen would ever produce.

Actually, I think some folks are afraid to envision the $350 charge on their Visa statement for a truly FS Black Knight and Aragorn statue.

risingstar
10-28-2006, 09:11 PM
Actually, I think some folks are afraid to envision the $350 charge on their Visa statement for a truly FS Black Knight and Aragorn statue.

I can appreciate the concern over cost. However, given that most Sideshow and Master Replica product invariably sells out at prices 2 to 10 times the price of a BD statue, I'm wouldn't be too worried. If fans like it, they'll buy it.

All this to say that it's not every day that BD sells a piece for $300, that is, if the Black Knight and Aragorn would even go for that. Potentially, this could be as (if not more) visually striking as the Death Dealer. Time will tell. I'd be very curious to see the reaction to a Black Knight and Aragorn sneak peek. IMHO, a museum piece wouldn't seem nearly as compelling.

Caniac78
10-28-2006, 09:21 PM
DANE WHITMAN on flying horse HELL YA. FS pre-Order Im on it

deaconbluezzz
10-28-2006, 09:26 PM
I can appreciate the concern over cost. However, given that most Sideshow and Master Replica product invariably sells out at prices 2 to 10 times the price of a BD statue, I'm wouldn't be too worried. If fans like it, they'll buy it.

All this to say that it's not every day that BD sells a piece for $300, that is, if the Black Knight and Aragorn would even go for that. Potentially, this could be as (if not more) visually striking as the Death Dealer. Time will tell. I'd be very curious to see the reaction to a Black Knight and Aragorn sneak peek. IMHO, a museum piece wouldn't seem nearly as compelling.

I totally agree that it would look awesome, and easily become the centerpiece of any Avengers/Bowen collectors display. Also, as has been mentioned before, the same Pegasusian (hey, I made up a word!) sculpt could be used for a FS Valkyrie statue as well to drive the Defenders fans into the throes of geekgasms. The only problems that I can see, aside from the price, are breakage issues during shipping, and the fact that Dane Whitman is a rather tertiary Marvel character.

ant-man
10-29-2006, 10:15 AM
imo...a FS is a no-brainer.....really shocked there still no MB.....

Doctor Pym
10-29-2006, 10:02 PM
I'd buy a Dane Whitman Black Knight FS, with or without the flying horse.

And as for the naysayers, if a great Knight-on-Aragorn sculpt were in progress and sneaked, a lot of them would change their minds in a big hurry.

Fannymac
10-30-2006, 04:14 PM
imo...a FS is a no-brainer.....really shocked there still no MB.....

Be patient, Grasshopper......a redesigned, resculpted version is on the way!!:thumbs2: :buttrock: