PDA

View Full Version : Superman Returns

xXx
09-12-2010, 01:25 PM
With the Christopher Reeve Figure coming out this winter, I'm Debating on getting the Hot Toys Superman Returns figure, before prices start flying up, just debating on wither to get the v1 figure or v2 figure of Superman Returns. does anyone have these? and which is better version? Pics?

VS1976
09-12-2010, 06:11 PM
Very Nice Avatar xXx. Your Avengers are almost complete :)

I would go with Reeve because he is more iconic. Though I would have to see the sculpt on both.

joebad
09-12-2010, 06:24 PM
I would also go with the Christover Reeves...you know with the quality of work they're doing now at Hot Toys, especially with the DX line, it's going to be pretty amazing and better than what they put out during the time the Superman Returns line came out.

superdude
09-13-2010, 05:23 PM
From what I've seen, the headsculpt (and cut of the shorts) looks the best on the second version.

But if I got it, I would definitely want to put the outfit on a new body. The body they used is freakin horrible, and makes it look like he's got man boobs. lol

demonhunter
09-16-2010, 04:16 AM
I have the Hot Toys Superman Returns 2 in 1 figure.

But I'm looking forward to their upcoming Christopher Reeves Superman.

Partly because to me Christ is the only one true Superman to me in the movies. The other reason is because Hot Toys is improving each time with new releases. Better body types, better sculpting, better tailoring, better painting, better quality. Excellent.

About Version 1 Hot Toys Superman Return:
I think the first version was not very good. The painting was horrible. It looked like a doll of a man with red lips.
I'm not that crazy about articulation, so if you ask me, a doll's a doll despite what Hot Toys claim as "realistic postures".

Anyhow, Superman version 1 comes with a certificate of authenticity with DC's logo on it and a serial number I believe. You get some extra hands, and that's it.

In Version 2, you get extra hands, no certificate, a Clark Kent alternate head with glasses, a set of Clark Kent suit and pants and shoes. Mmm-hmmm.

Plus on Version 2, the painting is greatly improved, it looks more realistic rather than a doll with red lips.The costume now spots a little bit more noticeable geometric pattern on the suit as it is supposed to show in the movie costume. But it really isn't that noticeable.

The cape is removable and attached by velcro. The texture is not like the movie one. The movie one looks like a leathery cape. But the Hot Toys one is cloth like texture. Still 2 toned. One colour on outside and the other lighter red inside.

demonhunter
09-16-2010, 04:21 AM
Version 2: Superman Returns 2 in 1 figure from Hot Toys.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v81/demonhuntermy/supes3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v81/demonhuntermy/supes2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v81/demonhuntermy/supes1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v81/demonhuntermy/clark1.jpg

xXx
09-16-2010, 01:06 PM
Thank you!! Very Nice Pictures!!! I'm definitely going to get a Chris Reeve Superman, but thought it would be nice to have a Roth Superman too, just wasn't sure which to get. These are very nice Close ups and review, of the Roth v2 Superman, Going to try and get one now! Thanks again!!

joy_division
09-16-2010, 01:10 PM
It looks like a Tonner doll

xXx
09-17-2010, 01:35 AM
It looks like a Tonner doll

:hilarious: Looking at it with that in mind, It does kinda look like one! But, I have a little more faith in Hot Toys Quality and sculpts still plan on looking to get one!

Gustavo Freire
09-17-2010, 06:29 AM
I also prefer to get the Christopher Reeve's version instead of this one.

demonhunter
09-17-2010, 06:39 AM
Guys, believe me, you have to see Hot Toys products in person.

I don't shoot very well with my crummy 4Mega Pixel dinosaur digital camera a lot of times.

That is why I don't show my shots of Malin Akerman as Silk Spectre II from Hot Toys. The photos turned out horrendous. :D

But those who can shoot like pros really make the figures stand out even more.

You really have to see them in person. If they are on display at a shop near you, check them out. It makes a lot of difference.

superdude
09-17-2010, 01:20 PM
Wow, these things are going for a LOT of money right now. I was almost thinking of picking one up, but not at those prices.

JRL
09-17-2010, 02:22 PM
Here is a picture of the one i had is the Version 1 with the v2 head if you take pictures you'll get to one like this and in person every piece looks much better!

joy_division
09-17-2010, 05:07 PM
Guys, believe me, you have to see Hot Toys products in person.

I don't shoot very well with my crummy 4Mega Pixel dinosaur digital camera a lot of times.

That is why I don't show my shots of Malin Akerman as Silk Spectre II from Hot Toys. The photos turned out horrendous. :D

But those who can shoot like pros really make the figures stand out even more.

You really have to see them in person. If they are on display at a shop near you, check them out. It makes a lot of difference.I have quite a few HT figures ;)

I just think looking at this, that they used a wimpy body for superman - no muscle on him whatsoever

Almart
09-26-2010, 11:52 PM
I think I have to pick up Jor el first !!!!

AgentU7
09-27-2010, 12:36 PM
Are there any pics of the HT Reeve's Superman?

xXx
09-27-2010, 08:24 PM
Not Yet!:bawling:

Yzerman99
10-08-2010, 09:57 AM
Christopher Reeve is the only Superman, IHMO.

Almart
02-21-2011, 04:22 AM
Is the HT Reeve's Superman still happening ??? Haven't heard or seen ANYTHING on it since it was announced.

xXx
02-21-2011, 02:42 PM
Still no pictures yet! Everyone's still waiting!:tumblew:

superdude
02-22-2011, 10:35 PM
I wonder if the harsh response to their new Indy has them taking another look at the Reeve sculpt.

Because if you thought the criticism was bad before, just imagine if they get THAT likeness wrong. lol

AgentU7
04-05-2011, 08:52 PM
Winter has come and gone. What happened to the Chris Reeve figure?

TheDevil
04-05-2011, 09:50 PM
I guess they have way too many projects going on, they seemed to forget about it...

It's weird how the once that was previewed in the 10th anniversary HT convention, doesn't make appearance at all.... still no sign of MGS, captain harlock, sucker punch, and not even captain america...

Although, it is possible that the next DX series is the chris reeve superman, but that'll be at least 3 or 4 months away or more.