PDA

View Full Version : Monster Rider Challenge

shiflettbrothers
09-15-2010, 01:12 AM
Like our first contest, The Chloe Sculpting Challenge, The Monster Rider Sculpting Challenge and its subject were dreamed up not by me and Jarrod, but by the members of the Shiflett Bros Forum. Grassroots style.

Jarrod and I want to welcome as guest judge for this contest, the inimitable Simon Lee AKA Spiderzero! As you all know, Simon Lee is one of the hottest sculptors of resin kits in the world right now. His work has greatly influenced so many sculptors, including me and Jarrod, in these last couple of years. Me, Jarrod, and Simon will be evaluating the sculpts and picking the winners. We're really excited!

Here are few guidelines. These are not set in absolute stone...if tweaking needs to be done, we'll tweak.

1. Subject: Monster Rider. Monster Rider was voted the subject of the Challenge by the Forum Members. Any man, woman, or beast riding on top of any Monster. 'Nuff said.

2. Pieces should be submitted for judging on November 14, two months from today. Might seem like a long time, but forum members have real lives, day jobs, etc. Pieces will probably be submitted by photo on an Official Contest Entry Thread which we'll start on that day. You can feel free to show us progress and keep us updated on what you are doing or you can go the other direction and keep it secret like a mad scientist, wait, and reveal your piece on that day.

3. We need to see the pieces unpainted. We'd love to see them painted after the fact, but for the judging, they should be unpainted. Size and scale are your call.

Grand Prize Komodo King Resin Kit, Chloe Painted Statue, Simon Lee's Ol' Scratch Bust Resin Kit, and Simon Lee's Flying Guillotine Resin Kit! That's over $600 retail. We'll have 2nd place, 3rd place, and some Honorable Mention prizes as well and we'll announce those down the line.

Feel free to repost this or link to this contest on other sites. (Unless you don't want the competition!)

Also, please feel free to hit us up with any and all questions right here on this thread. We're easy going guys and not much for a whole list of rules and regulations.

You guys know what do to: sculpt something badass and show it to us! Now get started already!

B&J

TheCosmicKid
09-18-2010, 08:45 PM
Very cool contest!

shiflettbrothers
09-19-2010, 11:19 AM
TheCosmic Kid

what up .The Chloe one was fun and all 27 entries can be seen in the Gallery section of our board.

It can be any color , any material. It does not have to be painted or primered. Whatever you think suits it best.

I am adding to the Winner's loot a hardcover Shiflett Bros Comic-Con 2010 Booklet , and a Walter 'Prof O' O'Neal print of Ol' Scratch! That's from me I don't care what Brandon says.

the Prize again is:

Komodo King Resin kit
Chloe Prepaint Statue
Ol Scratch Bust by SPIDERZERO
Flying Guilotine by SPIDERZERO
SB 2010 Booklet
Prof O Ol' Scratch Print

http://imagehost.vendio.com/a/7478531/aview/1284888212608_701.jpg

Walter O'Neal Ol' Scratch Print
http://imagehost.vendio.com/a/7478531/aview/1284906853182_scratch_woneal_final.jpg

j

shiflettbrothers
09-23-2010, 01:40 PM
http://imagehost.vendio.com/a/7478531/aview/1001.jpg

Wow the prizes are growing, SPIDERZERO has created an original design monster rider sculpt/ trophy that the 1st, 2nd and 3 rd place finishers will receive. I have seen it and it is awesome.
Here is the banner and our board has a new Section devoted specifically to the Challenge and all the sculpts as they come along. Ok thanks

Jarrod