PDA

View Full Version : Galactus

rychehitman
06-06-2005, 09:51 PM
Just picked up a Marvel Legends Galactus already assembled that was on sale on consignment at a LCS for 25 bucks!

This thing is SWEET! Hard to believe it came in pieces to be put together. I kind of got it on a whim, and MAN, I am pleased!

Cant wait to build an army of Sentinels!

LEgends fans, If you are thinking of putting one together, you wont reget it!

Sniper
06-06-2005, 09:54 PM
Hmmmm I Saw Some At A Shop And The Head Looked Better Than The Pics..

Ghost
06-06-2005, 10:27 PM
Post pics if you can!

Tony Coca
06-06-2005, 11:47 PM
Hmmmm I Saw Some At A Shop And The Head Looked Better Than The Pics..
They had it on display at Midtown.Looks cool.

Collection King 13
06-07-2005, 12:48 AM
Wheres the pics?

Mr. X
06-09-2005, 01:05 AM
Not into Marvel Legends at all but I saw the Galactus pic and knew I had to have the guy. He looks awesome. Best Marvel Legend figure ever!

Good paint apps and very nice sculpting.

For pics, check here (http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_040405a.htm) and here (http://www.oafe.net/yo/ml9_gal.php).

Sweet as heck.

Can't wait to get the 16" Sentinel one.

Collection King 13
06-09-2005, 08:34 AM
Cool!

Sniper
06-09-2005, 11:41 AM
man tempted ..... must click away

Ghost
06-09-2005, 02:44 PM
He looks very kewl. Do they sell him separately like that?!

Collection King 13
06-09-2005, 02:47 PM
He looks very kewl. Do they sell him separately like that?!
Probably on eBay... But the only way to get him is by buying each piece of the series...

Nightcrawler777
06-09-2005, 03:30 PM
Ill stick with my BD Galactus...
Im happy with him..

Mr. X
06-09-2005, 07:34 PM
Yeah, various sellers on Ebay and some online stores sell Galactus as a whole figure. They open the packages beforehand and assemble him first though. Some of the prices are ridiculous though. You can get all the Series 9 figs at Walmart for way less.

I don't have the Bowen Designs statue (plan on getting it soon) but I think the Marvel Legends one would look awesome next to the Bowen one. The Legends one is about 16 1/2".

How tall is the Bowen one? I hear it's 19", with the stand right? The Marvel Legends one is heavy.

I also plan on getting the Heroclix one (wish me luck!). Man, that one looks cool too. Saw it at the local comic shop the other day. The paint apps aren't as good as the Bowen or Legends one though. It has a lighter tone to it. I do like the pose for it though. Better than Bowen's. And that one's huge too. Didn;t expect it to be THAT huge.

I hope to get all three next to one another.

rychehitman
06-09-2005, 08:19 PM
I dont see how you can compare an action figure to a resin statue to a plastic mold?

In the world of MARVEL LEGENDS...Galactus is KING! BEst thing ever! Awesome way to get interest in buying the complete series, great marketing and great product.

IN NO WAY does it compare to Bowens Galactus! Which is AWESOME!

I can understand being a Galactus fan and wanting to have these three displayed together...

To me, the best display I have is the Bowen Galactus Bust being attacked by the Silver Surfer minimate and the FF minimates....the difference between the two is in scale to the height I prefer Galactus to be portrayed at!

If I had my darn camera I'd post a pic!

Mr. X
06-10-2005, 03:59 AM
Another awesome pic of the Big G.