PDA

View Full Version : Sideshow Ex Guile: Buy now or Later??

ColinS
09-18-2010, 02:00 AM
I haven't seen many on the bay... should I buy now or later??

MinMay
09-18-2010, 02:18 AM
NOW...it's going to hit 1K.... If Akuma can hit 2K+...this can easily be right behind him...blows away Ryu, Ken, etc....this is probably top 2 right now.

Don't question...just do it :)

Darknight
09-18-2010, 02:34 AM
Get it now if you can.. Prices for guile ex are set to skyrocket once they become harder to find

p1akuma
09-18-2010, 02:34 AM
NOW...it's going to hit 1K.... If Akuma can hit 2K+...this can easily be right behind him...blows away Ryu, Ken, etc....this is probably top 2 right now.

Don't question...just do it :)

I'm beginning to get a dreadful feeling that I might end up regreting passing on Guile now.

I've got my mind set on Chun-Li and Sagat (whenever he comes along) so convinced myself to pass on Guile and Bison...

Averone
09-18-2010, 02:38 AM
Get it now!
My money is on this Ex

MinMay
09-18-2010, 02:40 AM
The price on eBay is very very reasonable...around 400. People in California are paying around that price with their orders...

You still have time.... Chun Li is going to be saturated since it will have a higher ES. Every momma and poppa will have Chun Li in their house hehehe...j/k...

I'm beginning to get a dreadful feeling that I might end up regreting passing on Guile now.

I've got my mind set on Chun-Li and Sagat (whenever he comes along) so convinced myself to pass on Guile and Bison...

p1akuma
09-18-2010, 02:47 AM
The price on eBay is very very reasonable...around 400. People in California are paying around that price with their orders...

You still have time.... Chun Li is going to be saturated since it will have a higher ES. Every momma and poppa will have Chun Li in their house hehehe...j/k...

My heads spinning now going back and forth about it lol. :doh!:

ALIMOE27
09-18-2010, 03:17 AM
now before is too late

IronLungs31
09-18-2010, 03:22 AM
Going by the way that rest of PCS statue sale in the aftermarket, I would say that you should buy now.

Dirt Torpedo
09-18-2010, 04:34 AM
Now, before it's too late.

derekrodneysim
09-18-2010, 05:29 AM
I have no idea what the hype is all about.. Seriously.

Sanitarium84
09-18-2010, 05:35 AM
am almost dropping out of the streetfighter line... cannot see myself affording both akumas and zangiefs. :/

VS1976
09-18-2010, 05:36 AM

Its all about the ES..... I don't get it too????? :p

akumalove
09-18-2010, 05:47 AM
Definately NOW! Hurry before someone else gets it, when all 190 (175 + 15 AP's I assume) are gone he won't be to often on the Bay.
Christina

Dirt Torpedo
09-18-2010, 05:59 AM
am almost dropping out of the streetfighter line... cannot see myself affording both akumas and zangiefs. :/

If you stick with the original World warriors you don't need the Akumas or the Zangief Ex.

I'll be selling mine in the next few months, but i'm sticking with my Zangief Reg and will pick up a Sagat.

Darth Pain
09-18-2010, 06:29 AM
C. Don't buy it at all. Get the Reg.. green is better. Operation Desert Storm was a failure.

THE_BEAST
09-18-2010, 06:57 AM
ASAP

Andrew
09-18-2010, 07:10 AM
It will be interesting to revisit this thread a year from now and see where this statue is at.

If you have the money, I say get it now.

Spazzy
09-18-2010, 07:44 AM
ex guile...meh, I am getting the reg, but will probably get him in a month or two, when the hype goes down.

benocehcap
09-18-2010, 07:44 AM
C. Don't buy it at all. Get the Reg.. green is better. Operation Desert Storm was a failure.

I total agree with you. The green is way more original, but that is just me. If you like the desert camo you better get it now because its going to be insanely high priced later. Sh!t! did you see some of the auction on fleabay already?:nuts:

I really think that Guile is full of win!. Just wish the watch,neck hair line,fake pockets was more thoughtful:bored:

Dirt Torpedo
09-18-2010, 07:46 AM
Are any actually selling at those prices?

I think alot of it is flippers wishful thinking.

Zangief
09-18-2010, 07:58 AM
I would wait a week or so.

The best time to buy would be when its in the hands of ALL or most of the people that ordered direct.

If you go too early you will be paying a premium for an "in-hand" Guile, or crazy preorder prices.

IMO the best time would be when there are about 10-15 Guile's in hand. You won't get hit that hard with aftermarket prices. It's what I did with my wolverine EX and I got it for less than retail.

THE_BEAST
09-18-2010, 08:40 AM
I put a waitlist flexpay order in for the regular guile about 4 days ago. I got an email from SSC saying it will convert on the 19th. So not only do I get to flex it, I still get one thats numbered in the first 350. Cause #351-550 go to all the other retailers. If you want the regular guile, I would put in a waitlist order immediately.

VS1976
09-18-2010, 09:02 AM
NO nipples sculpted = no sale! :p

THE_BEAST
09-18-2010, 09:07 AM
NO nipples sculpted = no sale! :p

MinMay
09-18-2010, 11:21 AM
join my club....

Zangief
09-18-2010, 11:50 AM
join my club....

You don't have to have all of them to appreciate the sheer awesomeness of Jerrys work!

I jumped on the line with Zang and have no problem just collecting the ones that are released from here on out, cause I can't miss out on Sagat, Dhalsim, Blanka, etc, just because I don't have Ryu!

MinMay
09-18-2010, 11:57 AM
unfortunately, if I'm going to continue with SF line, I gotta have Shin. I don't care for the other characters at all. That's how I collect... It's all good...I can live without it :)

You don't have to have all of them to appreciate the sheer awesomeness of Jerrys work!

I jumped on the line with Zang and have no problem just collecting the ones that are released from here on out, cause I can't miss out on Sagat, Dhalsim, Blanka, etc, just because I don't have Ryu!

Zangief
09-18-2010, 11:59 AM
unfortunately, if I'm going to continue with SF line, I gotta have Shin. I don't care for the other characters at all. That's how I collect... It's all good...I can live without it :)

Understandable. Shin is what got me into collecting statues in the first place, and I don't have one either!

After the grail hunt was finished I swore I was never going to pay above $500 for a 1/4 scale ever again, and the insane prices Shin is going for nowadays I would rather not buy him.

MinMay
09-18-2010, 12:03 PM
yep, I have learned not to chase and pay premium statues...

however, others can pay premium for my statues one day hehehe.

Understandable. Shin is what got me into collecting statues in the first place, and I don't have one either!

After the grail hunt was finished I swore I was never going to pay above $500 for a 1/4 scale ever again, and the insane prices Shin is going for nowadays I would rather not buy him.

Fuzzylojiks
09-18-2010, 12:06 PM
Not sure about others and this is just my opinion, but a SF collection without a Shin/Akuma or Ryu seems incomplete to me. unless you're just collecting one or two of them. Like an X-men collection without a Wolvie.

MinMay
09-18-2010, 12:19 PM
also, a KEN without RYU is incomplete too :) Those two must go together :)

Not sure about others and this is just my opinion, but a SF collection without a Shin/Akuma or Ryu seems incomplete to me. unless you're just collecting one or two of them. Like an X-men collection without a Wolvie.

Dirt Torpedo
09-18-2010, 12:38 PM

If your just collecting the original World Warriors you don't need the Akumas or Evil Ryu etc.

Makes the line considerably cheaper to get into.

Ricky Bobby
09-18-2010, 12:40 PM
Buy it now,i doubt Guile will reach Akuma's price,but it will defintely be more expensive down the road...so if you want to save some bucks,best bet is to find one right now

Cyber-Lip
09-18-2010, 12:50 PM

+ 1,000!

T-Bonz
09-18-2010, 02:44 PM

Its all about the ES..... I don't get it too????? :p

the es is only 175. but this is not like the other bullsh!t exclusive with a stupid print or name plate, the exclusive is different. the exclusive for guile has better color pattern to him and looks better than the regular. the es is listed as 175, but i know the number of people that has the exclusive is less than 175.

Fuzzylojiks
09-18-2010, 02:47 PM
the es is only 175. but this is not like the other bullsh!t exclusive with a stupid print or name plate, the exclusive is different. the exclusive for guile has better color pattern to him and looks better than the regular. the es is listed as 175, but i know the number of people that has the exclusive is less than 175.

Yeah PCS exclusives are great! No lazy ass prints or nameplates. Color variants rock!

Fuzzylojiks
09-18-2010, 02:49 PM
If your just collecting the original World Warriors you don't need the Akumas or Evil Ryu etc.

Makes the line considerably cheaper to get into.

True, but you would still need Ryu I guess.

T-Bonz
09-18-2010, 02:55 PM
I haven't seen many on the bay... should I buy now or later??

the ex was going for $420, but now it looks like that has gone away. if we could find one that price, it would be a buy. i don't see the exclusive coming down in price especially it looks different from the regular.

RINGU GIRL
09-18-2010, 02:58 PM
:thinking:

:iagree:

also, a KEN without RYU is incomplete too :) Those two must go together :)

True, but you would still need Ryu I guess.

wolvie82
09-18-2010, 03:04 PM
buy it now man!! I started very late and this will be my first mix media street fighter, dont get left behind. I have a lot of catching up to do. But God willing i'll have all the main characters at some point!! :)

Cyber-Lip
09-18-2010, 03:05 PM
I just recently got into this line. Originally I was just intending to get Chun Li when/if she was done, but then broke down and got a Shadaloo Cammy, then liked the Guile so got it, now the plan is to get any that I like. I'm not interested in being a completist. I don't care for any of the others that have been released thus far except cammy and guile.

puntapret
09-18-2010, 03:05 PM
yep, I have learned not to chase and pay premium statues...

however, others can pay premium for my statues one day hehehe.

What is a premium price ? More than market price or more than retail price ? Is 1500 considered a premium price for Shin ?

T-Bonz
09-18-2010, 03:14 PM
I would wait a week or so.

The best time to buy would be when its in the hands of ALL or most of the people that ordered direct.

If you go too early you will be paying a premium for an "in-hand" Guile, or crazy preorder prices.

IMO the best time would be when there are about 10-15 Guile's in hand. You won't get hit that hard with aftermarket prices. It's what I did with my wolverine EX and I got it for less than retail.

this will not be the same as the pf wolverine ex. wolverine ex has almost 4 times the edition size plus this pf wolverine has ugly seam line down his legs and looks like he is wearing pajamas. you don't see issue with the execution of pf clothing on guile here. there is no waitlist and it's sold out on this ex guile. the best time to buy is over because the pure flippers don't want to pay out of pocket so they'll charge you $100 more and have sideshow ship diretly to you.
i can guarantee that you will not get an exclusive guile (without damage) for retail or less than retail from this point on.
the best you can hope for is to get an ex at around $400s now.

T-Bonz
09-18-2010, 03:17 PM
What is a premium price ? More than market price or more than retail price ? Is 1500 considered a premium price for Shin ?

yes $1500 is a premium price for shin, but also a good market price for shin (that's not repainted) right now if you can find one at that price.

Zangief
09-18-2010, 04:41 PM
this will not be the same as the pf wolverine ex. wolverine ex has almost 4 times the edition size plus this pf wolverine has ugly seam line down his legs and looks like he is wearing pajamas. you don't see issue with the execution of pf clothing on guile here. there is no waitlist and it's sold out on this ex guile. the best time to buy is over because the pure flippers don't want to pay out of pocket so they'll charge you $100 more and have sideshow ship diretly to you.
i can guarantee that you will not get an exclusive guile (without damage) for retail or less than retail from this point on.
the best you can hope for is to get an ex at around $400s now.

I never said it was the same as the Wolverine in that he will get one for less than retail, I just said that the best time to buy would be when there are the most # of guile's on ebay, which will most likely be in 1-3 weeks from now.

Cyber-Lip
09-18-2010, 07:12 PM
I put a waitlist flexpay order in for the regular guile about 4 days ago. I got an email from SSC saying it will convert on the 19th. So not only do I get to flex it, I still get one thats numbered in the first 350. Cause #351-550 go to all the other retailers.

This seems like wishful thinking. I'm in the same boat as you, just put in a waitlist order a week ago and it converted on Thu with a notice I'll be charged on the 19th. What makes you think we'll be getting the extra dogtag version?

Zangief
09-18-2010, 09:04 PM
This seems like wishful thinking. I'm in the same boat as you, just put in a waitlist order a week ago and it converted on Thu with a notice I'll be charged on the 19th. What makes you think we'll be getting the extra dogtag version?

I put a waitlist order in for the regular today because of these two success stories and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will convert

Cyber-Lip
09-18-2010, 09:24 PM
I put a waitlist order in for the regular today because of these two success stories and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will convert

which success stories?

actionjackson83
09-18-2010, 09:25 PM
pretty sure beast said his order got cancelled in the other thread...

Zangief
09-18-2010, 09:43 PM
I put a waitlist flexpay order in for the regular guile about 4 days ago. I got an email from SSC saying it will convert on the 19th. So not only do I get to flex it, I still get one thats numbered in the first 350. Cause #351-550 go to all the other retailers. If you want the regular guile, I would put in a waitlist order immediately.

which success stories?

These ones for the REG edition. I put my waitlist reservation in hoping it would convert.

T-Bonz
09-19-2010, 02:56 AM
These ones for the REG edition. I put my waitlist reservation in hoping it would convert.

how about going here for the regular guile at retail price but no charlie dog tag. i think they said they had 2 left.
http://www.cornerstorecomics.com/index.cfm?page=shopping/shop&Category_ID=49&ChildCategory_ID=262&Product_ID=3809

Zangief
09-19-2010, 08:53 AM
:itsb:

Thanks T! :buttrock: