PDA

View Full Version : Cleopatra AP Photo Thread

jedi_don
10-01-2010, 06:52 PM
Received my Cleo today. First, Arahom, thanks for all the hard work in getting these AP out. Here's a couple of constructive comments. First, I think you used a hot glue gun for the large piece on the base. As you can see in the photo, the glue failed to hold during trip and the rather warm weather this week. I think this needs to be pinned and glued with epoxy and it is a heavy piece. Second, on both temples, she seems to have primer showing or what seems to be the same color as the eye shadow. Thirdly, I like the paint colors selected. Thanks for adding the blue for the eyeshadow and jewelry. And make sure that for the product version that the Chinese factory uses the correct "shiny" gold as it looks great. I'm kind of surprised about the gloss black. Would have thought satin black to simulate silk. Gloss does look a bit like latex.

Now on to the pics. Sorry about the attached photos, but Photobucket are really prudes.

jedi_don
10-01-2010, 06:54 PM
More photos

Crossbonez74
10-01-2010, 07:25 PM
very nice pics jedi don.

Averone
10-01-2010, 07:27 PM
More photos

Nice!

Could you also please post here, I am trying very hard to gather all photos of the new studio here for everyone to see:

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=109852

jollyskeleton
10-01-2010, 07:34 PM
Lovely pics Jedi_don! She's so curvaceous :p

Averone
10-01-2010, 07:35 PM
Lovely pics Jedi_don! She's so curvaceous :p

Yes!
I cant wait to get mine!
:drooling:

I am surprised to see the tan color on her skin. Not that Im complaining! :rolleyes:

skorpsta
10-01-2010, 07:46 PM
the paints look great!!..especially the skin tones

A Cimmerian
10-01-2010, 07:46 PM
Very nice. Can't wait to get mine.

dechirico7
10-01-2010, 07:58 PM
Wow, she looks awesome.
I can't wait to get mine now.

nbr3bagshotrow
10-01-2010, 07:58 PM
ARahom, I've got to say, you give Clay Moore the run for the money when it comes to sculpting the female form.

VS1976
10-01-2010, 08:01 PM
I gotta agree with Jedi Don on the black glossyness, it shoud have a matte finish / satin look to it. Can't wait to get mine in 2 months....

dechirico7
10-01-2010, 08:13 PM
I gotta agree with Jedi Don on the black glossyness, it shoud have a matte finish / satin look to it. Can't wait to get mine in 2 months....

I don't mind the gloss finish on the black, it adds a different texture to the piece and makes her stand out, like in the picture of all the Cleos at the factory.

Alex655321
10-01-2010, 08:15 PM
ARahom, I've got to say, you give Clay Moore the run for the money when it comes to sculpting the female form.

I have to agree !

This looks amazing !

DRL
10-01-2010, 08:16 PM
that turned out great! congrats!

Arahom Radjah
10-02-2010, 11:28 AM
Received my Cleo today. First, Arahom, thanks for all the hard work in getting these AP out. Here's a couple of constructive comments. First, I think you used a hot glue gun for the large piece on the base. As you can see in the photo, the glue failed to hold during trip and the rather warm weather this week. I think this needs to be pinned and glued with epoxy and it is a heavy piece. Second, on both temples, she seems to have primer showing or what seems to be the same color as the eye shadow. Thirdly, I like the paint colors selected. Thanks for adding the blue for the eyeshadow and jewelry. And make sure that for the product version that the Chinese factory uses the correct "shiny" gold as it looks great. I'm kind of surprised about the gloss black. Would have thought satin black to simulate silk. Gloss does look a bit like latex.

Now on to the pics. Sorry about the attached photos, but Photobucket are really prudes.

The blue on both temples is just the remaining of the dry cryon pastel I used for the eye shadow, you can easily remove it with a dry brush. It is not paint or primer.

I think I forgot to remove the excess on that area due to the rush to get those out.

The hot glue was actually a mistake. I thought it would hold, but next time, I'll use epoxy glue.

For the glossy skirt, my thought was to make it look like satin, not latex. It's a matter of taste, and I can't guess everyone's taste. Mine was for the glossy.

Arahom Radjah
10-02-2010, 11:39 AM

Thanks, but although I had a very active art direction regarding the shape and form of Cleopatra's body and pose, let's not forgert that this piece was sculpted by Alex Pereira, not me.

I spent a long time looking for a sculptor that could master the female form the way I like it until I finaly found Alex.

Congrats Alex Pereira, she is really a beauty and you a fantastic sculptor.

TNovak
10-02-2010, 11:51 AM
I can't wait to get mine!! How many shipping groups are there for those of us who ordered and paid up front? Just two or maybe three?

Will you be posting lists of recipients for the next shipping batch like you did the first?

Arahom Radjah
10-02-2010, 12:13 PM
I can't wait to get mine!! How many shipping groups are there for those of us who ordered and paid up front? Just two or maybe three?

Will you be posting lists of recipients for the next shipping batch like you did the first?

I'll try two more, but we might need three, or at least divide it between Cleo and Leo.

I'll post the list for batch two on Monday.

TNovak
10-02-2010, 01:18 PM
I'll try two more, but we might need three, or at least divide it between Cleo and Leo.

I'll post the list for batch two on Monday.

No worries,

I know you are swamped. I can't paint worth cr@p myself so I would rather have you take the time you need and do a great job on the painting (as I know you will) rather than rush them out because we are nagging you.

jedi_don
10-03-2010, 01:17 AM
The blue on both temples is just the remaining of the dry cryon pastel I used for the eye shadow, you can easily remove it with a dry brush. It is not paint or primer.

I think I forgot to remove the excess on that area due to the rush to get those out.

Thanks for the info. Cleaned up the excess pastel easily with stiff hobby paintbrush.

I also wanted to point out that this statue has the finest detail of anything I own. Alex and Arahom have set gold standard as to what digital sculpt can be and should be. The detail on the a the gold parts and the fine braids must be seen in person to be appreciated.

jedi_don
10-03-2010, 01:29 AM
Here's some flash photo extreme closeups.

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x186/jedimastr99/cleo-ap-closeup-04.jpg
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x186/jedimastr99/cleo-ap-closeup-03.jpg
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x186/jedimastr99/cleo-ap-closeup-02.jpg
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x186/jedimastr99/cleo-ap-closeup-05.jpg

jedi_don
10-03-2010, 01:30 AM
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x186/jedimastr99/cleo-ap-closeup-07.jpg

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x186/jedimastr99/cleo-ap-closeup-06.jpg

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x186/jedimastr99/cleo-ap-closeup-01.jpg

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x186/jedimastr99/cleo-ap-closeup-08.jpg

dechirico7
10-03-2010, 01:54 PM
Hopefully this large lady is waiting for me at home.
I think I might do some custom detailing when I open her up.

dechirico7
10-03-2010, 09:47 PM
Nope, no Cleo for me this weekend.
I wonder what is taking so long, I am only in Wisconsin, which is only 4 states away. Ugh!

Crossbonez74
10-03-2010, 09:53 PM
Nope, no Cleo for me this weekend.
I wonder what is taking so long, I am only in Wisconsin, which is only 4 states away. Ugh!

+1 I'm in Maryland and still no cleo either:radior:

FROBAY
10-03-2010, 10:18 PM
I hope the paint on the lips are better on mine. Not to sure why the red is way out of the corners.?

Pragmatist
10-03-2010, 11:00 PM
I hope the paint on the lips are better on mine. Not to sure why the red is way out of the corners.?

Oh, that's a bit unfortunate. Might have to do a bit of touch-up there, which would be a bit of a pain in the butt considering it's on her face.

It's like Cleo was just a tad too eager applying the makeup this morning or something. Less is more!

dechirico7
10-03-2010, 11:13 PM
you guys have to remember these shots are extremely close. From a normal perspective she looks fine.

Averone
10-03-2010, 11:24 PM
you guys have to remember these shots are extremely close. From a normal perspective she looks fine.

Yea I mean you can see specs of dust!
Come on thats just no big deal unless your looking at her very very close to her lips!!

Oh wait a minute, why the heck would you do that! Unless your a bunch of dirty old perverts! :p

Pragmatist
10-04-2010, 01:19 AM
Come on thats just no big deal unless your looking at her very very close to her lips!!

Oh wait a minute, why the heck would you do that! Unless your a bunch of dirty old perverts! :p

I'd agree that it's not a big deal if the smudge was like the one on the right side of her lips, that's fairly negligible. However, if you're saying the one on the left is beyond notice, I'd have to respectfully disagree. To me it's fairly prominent. Again, at the end of the day, it's not a big deal and can be remedied pretty easily via touchup. I suppose it depends on how fussy one is about their collection.

Overall though, it looks like a fantastic paintjob, the level of fine detail on this statue is amazing.

VS1976
10-04-2010, 01:26 AM
I have to agree the lips & eyes lids looks kind of sloppily painted on. :itsb:

Well we know there's only one "dirty old pervert" here :p

Averone
10-04-2010, 02:18 AM

Hay!!!
Wait a minute!:battherapy:

dechirico7
10-04-2010, 09:28 AM
I'd agree that it's not a big deal if the smudge was like the one on the right side of her lips, that's fairly negligible. However, if you're saying the one on the left is beyond notice, I'd have to respectfully disagree. To me it's fairly prominent. Again, at the end of the day, it's not a big deal and can be remedied pretty easily via touchup. I suppose it depends on how fussy one is about their collection.

Overall though, it looks like a fantastic paintjob, the level of fine detail on this statue is amazing.

I think I will be touching mine up. Not because I don't think Arahom didn't do a great job, which he did and I am not saying I can even come close to his skills, but I want my Cleo to be different. Most of you will say, "Dechirico, why didn't you just get a kit of her?", umm because I am not THAT good at painting yet. I think the paint on Cleo is very clean and well done.

I'd like to see how well you could paint her. Painting faces are not easy.

Crap, how did you guys know?! Oh wait, I'm not old or dirty.

Hay!!!
Wait a minute!:battherapy:

Hahaha

Arahom Radjah
10-04-2010, 11:01 PM
Only now, I noticed the corner of the lips. I believe that without the photo close up it's harder to notice, otherwise, I would have corrected it.

I'm sure the pressure of delivering those statues took its toll. Sorry about that. I'll be more careful on the next ones.

Averone
10-04-2010, 11:01 PM
Only now I noticed the corner of the lips. I believe that without the photo close up it's harder to notice, otherwise, I would have corrected it.

I'm sure the pressure of delivering those statues took its toe. Sorry about that. I'll be more careful on the next ones.

Maybe its time to get some glasses on, old man!
:dork:

My Cleo better be prefect! :rant: Or else, I know where you live! :battherapy:

:p

Black Cat
10-04-2010, 11:10 PM
I'm probably going to get beat up for this and I'm not saying this to be rude or hurtful, it's just my opinion. The paint quality on this statue's face is kind of messy. And I don't mean this to sound like I'm bashing you or anything because I'm not trying to at all. I really wanted to like the Cleopatra and I do for the most part, but I can't get past the face paint.

harley49
10-05-2010, 12:42 AM
i hope my leo does not have lipstick on LOL

Spartacus
10-05-2010, 01:24 AM

:laugh:

Fuzzylojiks
10-05-2010, 01:40 AM

maybe not on his lips.......

dechirico7
10-05-2010, 08:56 AM
maybe not on his lips.......

:jawd: :jawd: :jawd: Naughty Fuzzy!

TNovak
10-05-2010, 09:48 AM
I've always had great paint jobs on the ARH statues I have purchased. Better than most companies in fact. I'm looking forward to my Cleopatra and can't wait to start in on the Greek god series :overjoyed:

Bullseye
10-05-2010, 10:32 AM
Mine has just arrived. It is quite simply stunning in person. Even the wife said "WOW". The only thing i could not find was the little dowel to attach the helmet/hand to the wrist. Will have another look.

Arahom the highest complement I can give you is that is it one of my favourite pieces in my collection. I look forward to adding Athena.

TNovak
10-05-2010, 03:57 PM
Mine has just arrived. It is quite simply stunning in person. Even the wife said "WOW". The only thing i could not find was the little dowel to attach the helmet/hand to the wrist. Will have another look.

Arahom the highest complement I can give you is that is it one of my favourite pieces in my collection. I look forward to adding Athena.

Any pics of yours Bulls? Did you get gold or black version? Top or no top?

dechirico7
10-05-2010, 08:00 PM
Just opened Cleopatra with top number 2 of 50!

My jaw dropped, she is gorgeous. I didn't think I could be this blown away, thought I saw everything, but this statue is BEAUTIFUL.

I will post pictures later.

VS1976
10-05-2010, 08:08 PM

My jaw dropped, she is gorgeous. I didn't think I could be this blown away, thought I saw everything, but this statue is BEAUTIFUL.

Congrats any Pics....now!!!!!!!~ :p

Arahom Radjah
10-05-2010, 08:50 PM

There is no pin to attach the hand. that hole was made for painting purposes only.

The hand attaches snuggly and fits very tight to the wrist, so no need for pin.

Arahom Radjah
10-05-2010, 08:51 PM

I'm glad you liked! Pictures please!

Arahom Radjah
10-05-2010, 08:59 PM
I'm probably going to get beat up for this and I'm not saying this to be rude or hurtful, it's just my opinion. The paint quality on this statue's face is kind of messy. And I don't mean this to sound like I'm bashing you or anything because I'm not trying to at all. I really wanted to like the Cleopatra and I do for the most part, but I can't get past the face paint.

I'm sure there are a lot of guys out there that can do a much better paint job than I do. I can only do so much.....

For a guy that runs a company, sculpts, art directs, make molds, cast, manages the website, marketing, and keeps all the bills paid, I would say the paint job is fairly good.

But I'm sure you can find a better painter!

As I usually tell to ALL those who can't get pass my paint job, but "love" the sculpture....

We have ALWAYS an unpainted kit available for sale.

Averone
10-05-2010, 09:28 PM

Please post your pics here:

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=109852I

I would love to see her next to the new LEO!

dechirico7
10-05-2010, 11:22 PM
Argh, stupid photobucket!

dechirico7
10-05-2010, 11:32 PM
http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp46/dechirico7/cleohelmet.jpg
http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp46/dechirico7/Cleofeet2.jpg
http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp46/dechirico7/CleoFeet.jpg
http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp46/dechirico7/Cleoface.jpg

dechirico7
10-05-2010, 11:36 PM
http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp46/dechirico7/cleo1.jpg

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp46/dechirico7/CleoBack.jpg

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp46/dechirico7/CleoBak2.jpg

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp46/dechirico7/cleosideface.jpg

dechirico7
10-05-2010, 11:39 PM
http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp46/dechirico7/cLEOTORSO.jpg

dechirico7
10-05-2010, 11:47 PM
Yeah, I love this statue.

Paint: You can tell Arahom put a lot of time into these pieces... Everything is very clean. I don't see drips, any stray brush marks. It is perfect. The blue around her eyes isn't as overwhelming in person as it is in the pictures. I think the flash really brings it out and makes it look more obnoxious than it really is. I have absolutely no issues with her eye paint, looks great on mine. The glossy black parts rock.

Sculpt: Perfect. Cleo has some major badunkadunk that you don't get a sense of in her photos. Girl has some major back. Everything looks crisp. There was only one issue I had and that is the medallion on the center of her top. I can't make out the detail on mine, I think it is supposed to be a scarab.

Weight: She isn't light, but I wouldn't say she is as heavy as a sideshow PF. She is heavy enough though. The base is where most of the weight is.

Yeah, I give this piece a 5 out of 5.
Really well done. This is one you really need to see in person, she made my jaw drop when I opened her.

Alex655321
10-05-2010, 11:48 PM
Nice pics !

She certainly is a nice sculpt and I see nothing but a nice paint up in your pictures !

Arahom Radjah
10-06-2010, 12:07 AM

Paint: You can tell Arahom put a lot of time into these pieces... Everything is very clean. I don't see drips, any stray brush marks. It is perfect. The blue around her eyes isn't as overwhelming in person as it is in the pictures. I think the flash really brings it out and makes it look more obnoxious than it really is. I have absolutely no issues with her eye paint, looks great on mine. The glossy black parts rock.

Sculpt: Perfect. Cleo has some major badunkadunk that you don't get a sense of in her photos. Girl has some major back. Everything looks crisp. There was only one issue I had and that is the medallion on the center of her top. I can't make out the detail on mine, I think it is supposed to be a scarab.

Weight: She isn't light, but I wouldn't say she is as heavy as a sideshow PF. She is heavy enough though. The base is where most of the weight is.

Really well done. This is one you really need to see in person, she made my jaw drop when I opened her.

You should push in the hand/helmet a little more. It surely goes in deeper.

dechirico7
10-06-2010, 12:15 AM
You should push in the hand/helmet a little more. It surely goes in deeper.

Ok, I will.
Thanks

Cleo in her temporary home, next to Kiani.
http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp46/dechirico7/IMG_3227.jpg

Barbarian
10-06-2010, 12:35 AM
Awesome, D! She looks friggin' righteous! Congrats!

Averone
10-06-2010, 03:47 AM
Sweet!! Congrats!

Cleo is looking so hot!

I cant wait to get my hands on her! I will dedicate some time for some good photos to her. Now How to get around the Photobuckets indecency policy is going to be tough!

Spartacus
10-06-2010, 04:35 AM
Ok, I will.
Thanks

Cleo in her temporary home, next to Kiani.
http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp46/dechirico7/IMG_3227.jpg

Huge congrats on your Cleo!:itsb:

VS1976
10-06-2010, 07:27 AM
Her skin color looks as dark as Moores Fathom. Congrats Dech again.

A Cimmerian
10-06-2010, 09:03 AM
She looks hot.

Fremen
10-06-2010, 11:56 AM
I wanted to order one of these but I didn't see an option anywhere on their page to order the black and gold one, just the gold.

Arahom Radjah
10-06-2010, 02:36 PM
I wanted to order one of these but I didn't see an option anywhere on their page to order the black and gold one, just the gold.

The black skirt is not an official color, and we are not offering it, but for the AP pieces, I can custom paint it for you black, so after you order it, you need just to send me an email reminding me that you want the skirt black.

Crossbonez74
10-06-2010, 09:21 PM
Here she is. Sorry for the small pics I didnt have a lot of time to resize them. She looks great overall. Very pleased.

http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt260/jsnchrry/DSC00640_face0.jpg

http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt260/jsnchrry/DSC00640.jpg

http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt260/jsnchrry/DSC00641.jpg

http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt260/jsnchrry/DSC00643.jpg

NorthernLadMSP
10-06-2010, 09:49 PM

Wow, she's gorgeous!! Congrats on the amazing new statue to your collection. The paint job on yours looks flawless!! I love the tan skin with the black and gold. She also looks like she has some sickening detail going on, with the jewelry, hair, helmut, etc. WOW :D

Averone
10-06-2010, 10:38 PM
Why do you guys like the black skirt so much!

I think the gold is gonna be the the best!!

dechirico7
10-06-2010, 10:42 PM
Why do you guys like the black skirt so much!

I think the gold is gonna be the the best!!

I liked the gold skirt, but I wanted the cartouche (symbol part of her skirt) to stand out more and I think making the skirt a different color accomplished that. Also, I thought Cleopatra in this statue was supposed to look more common and less queen-like, I think using more gold would have contradicted that idea.

Averone
10-06-2010, 10:44 PM
I liked the gold skirt, but I wanted the cartouche (symbol part of her skirt) to stand out more and I think making the skirt a different color accomplished that.

I wonder if I can ask ARH to use a little darker color for the cartouche!!

VS1976
10-06-2010, 10:45 PM
Here she is. Sorry for the small pics I didnt have a lot of time to resize them. She looks great overall. Very pleased.

http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt260/jsnchrry/DSC00640_face0.jpg

http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt260/jsnchrry/DSC00640.jpg

http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt260/jsnchrry/DSC00641.jpg

http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt260/jsnchrry/DSC00643.jpg

Her left upper eyelid doesn't seem to be fully painted? Is it just the pic because I see it on 2 of the photos.

dechirico7
10-06-2010, 11:13 PM
I wonder if I can ask ARH to use a little darker color for the cartouche!!

Yeah, that would be cool, a darker gold, maybe bronze.

dechirico7
10-06-2010, 11:15 PM
Forgot to post this pic...it is meant as a scale reference

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp46/dechirico7/CleoSize.jpg

NorthernLadMSP
10-06-2010, 11:26 PM
WOW, she is HUGE!!!

Fuzzylojiks
10-07-2010, 01:49 AM
1/4 scale ftw!

Fremen
10-07-2010, 12:30 PM
I just ordered her. I'm going to stick with the standard gold.
If I don't like it, then I'll paint it black.

Averone
10-07-2010, 12:33 PM
Darn Photobucket is again hard at work trying to block the pics!

Fremen
10-07-2010, 12:45 PM
What's the diff between the AP and non AP version?
I clicked internation orders link and I didn't have the option of the AP version.

Anyone know what the diff is???

Arahom Radjah
10-07-2010, 02:14 PM
What's the diff between the AP and non AP version?
I clicked internation orders link and I didn't have the option of the AP version.

Anyone know what the diff is???

AP is what you gonna get. All AP are made here in the USA by me in our studio. The regular edition (made in China) normally is released a few months later, about 6 to 9 months.

We produce only 50 AP, and they all come signed.

Basicaly it is the same statue and paint job, but you get something that was entirely made by me from the casting to packing.

Fuzzylojiks
10-08-2010, 01:50 AM
Hey Arahom, I got the kit today and it looks great, but I have a question, it does not have any pegs in the feet, how does it stand on the base? And the arms and everything are loose, do I glue them in?

Angelrabbit
10-08-2010, 03:00 AM
:jawd: OMG...How to get Cleo?

dechirico7
10-08-2010, 09:22 AM
Hey Arahom, I got the kit today and it looks great, but I have a question, it does not have any pegs in the feet, how does it stand on the base? And the arms and everything are loose, do I glue them in?

You probably have to drill and insert your own pins and pegs

VS1976
10-08-2010, 09:30 AM

What??? There is no pegs holding Cleo? What happen if somebody bumps the statue by mistake or there is a small earthquake? The statue is going to tip over!

Hey Arahom, can you put sturdy pegs on mine....please. I will pay extra?

Thx~ Jason W

VS1976
10-08-2010, 09:34 AM

huh? Are these AP statues come in parts and you have to assemble it with glue?

dechirico7
10-08-2010, 09:36 AM

Key word: KIT
The APs come assembled and painted, but you can also get a kit to build yourself.
The pre assembled APs come with a peg in her left foot.

HOw much are the kits? Are they the same price as the APs?

Fuzzylojiks
10-08-2010, 10:42 AM

Yeah mine came in parts cos it's unpainted. It fits together but I will have to glue it and there is no pegs on the feet so there is no way she can stand up by herself. Anyone can help? I paid the same as the A/P. even if you glue her legs to the base she won't be able to stand without pegs. I really didn't want a kit, just an unpainted statue which I presumed was exactly the same in every respect except for the paint.

Fuzzylojiks
10-08-2010, 10:44 AM

eww! :x I have no clue where to begin with that, I'm afraid if I drill the whole foot will break apart?

Arahom Radjah
10-08-2010, 10:58 AM
What??? There is no pegs holding Cleo? What happen if somebody bumps the statue by mistake or there is a small earthquake? The statue is going to tip over!

Hey Arahom, can you put sturdy pegs on mine....please. I will pay extra?

Thx~ Jason W

OMG.... sorry man, but you worry sooooo much!!!!!!!

Of course ALL statues have pegs!! Fuzzylojiks bought and unpainted and unassembled piece!!

That's all.

Arahom Radjah
10-08-2010, 11:06 AM
eww! :x I have no clue where to begin with that, I'm afraid if I drill the whole foot will break apart?

You don't need any pins to assemble the statue. You just need a bit of supper glue to assemble everything.

I sent it unassembled because I paint her unassembled, piece by piece, and then put everything together after everything is painted.

The peg for the foot, unfortunately, I forgot about it. Sorry for that, but I see no mystery at all about this.

Any person that paints a statue, I assume, has at least a little bit of skills to do a simple drilling and insert a metal pin inside her foot, right?!?!

I would suggest a 6 gauge bare copper wire that is thick and malleable enough to adjust the position of the statue on the base if you need.

This is what I use, and you can find it at ANY hardware store.

If you think you cannot do this, just send me back the left leg, and I'll put a peg for you.

Arahom Radjah
10-08-2010, 11:14 AM
Yeah mine came in parts cos it's unpainted. It fits together but I will have to glue it and there is no pegs on the feet so there is no way she can stand up by herself. Anyone can help? I paid the same as the A/P. even if you glue her legs to the base she won't be able to stand without pegs. I really didn't want a kit, just an unpainted statue which I presumed was exactly the same in every respect except for the paint.

If you notice the complexity of the statue, you will see that you would not be able to do a good paint job if the statue was assembled.

How can you paint inside the skirt, or underneath her collar, or between her hands and the skirt if everything was already assembled in place.

I just can't see a practical paint job like that.

As I said above, I paint her unassembled then I glue the parts together. That is how I do it, and that's why I sent it to you like that, besides the assembling of this piece is so easy.... You just need to fit them in place and add a drop of glue.

Arahom Radjah
10-08-2010, 11:19 AM

Our resin is Smooth-On, and it DOES NOT break when one drills it!

This is the BEST resin there is, feels like plastic, is soft, easy to sand, and extremely friendly for drilling Completely the opposite of Polyester resin used by all factories in China

VS1976
10-08-2010, 12:26 PM
OMG.... sorry man, but you worry sooooo much!!!!!!!

Of course ALL statues have pegs!! Fuzzylojiks bought and unpainted and unassembled piece!!

That's all.

Thanks Arahom. I wasn't aware you were selling kits too? I have to worry :rolleyes2 :rolleyes:.... I had several statues that got damaged due to "lack of support" on the feet area.... statues came tumpling down & legs snapped off. :bawling:

nbr3bagshotrow
10-08-2010, 12:32 PM
I have to laugh as I remember a few years ago when some people were accusing you of being a recaster. You, my friend, can sculpt with the best of them.

Fuzzylojiks
10-08-2010, 12:34 PM
Thanks Arahom.

dechirico7
10-08-2010, 12:41 PM
Thanks Arahom.

Would a picture of the bottom of her foot with the peg help you for placement?

Arahom Radjah
10-08-2010, 02:20 PM
Thanks Arahom. I wasn't aware you were selling kits too? I have to worry :rolleyes2 :rolleyes:.... I had several statues that got damaged due to "lack of support" on the feet area.... statues came tumpling down & legs snapped off. :bawling:

Man your last post made me laugh. How can you imagine I would send a statue without a peg?!?!? :itsb:

Arahom Radjah
10-08-2010, 02:23 PM
Thanks Arahom.

Hey sorry for the pin for her foot. It completely slipt my mind, but I assumed it would not be a big deal since it is so simple to put a peg on the statue.

I thought you would enjoy the whole process of making it....

Now you have an idea of what I go through! :bawling:

Fuzzylojiks
10-08-2010, 02:31 PM
Would a picture of the bottom of her foot with the peg help you for placement?

That would be great thanks! :thumbs2:

Fuzzylojiks
10-08-2010, 02:33 PM
Hey sorry for the pin for her foot. It completely slipt my mind, but I assumed it would not be a big deal since it is so simple to put a peg on the statue.

I thought you would enjoy the whole process of making it....

Now you have an idea of what I go through! :bawling:

No biggie, never had a kit b4 so didn't know what to look for. Guess I've been spoiled by all the magnets used in Sideshow stuff. What kinda glue should I use and recommendations? Now I got to read how to do that : P I was actually thinking of leaving her unpainted as I like that look but not sure yet, better make a decision b4 I assemble.

dechirico7
10-08-2010, 02:36 PM
No biggie, never had a kit b4 so didn't know what to look for. Guess I've been spoiled by all the magnets used in Sideshow stuff. What kinda glue should I use and recommendations? Now I got to read how to do that : P I was actually thinking of leaving her unpainted as I like that look but not sure yet, better make a decision b4 I assemble.

Ok, I will try to take a picture sometime this weekend.

Kits are fun to build, especially if you get one that is cast well. Atleast you don't have to worry about clean up or puttying on this piece.
I have a dremel moto tool that I use for my kit building. It is easy to drill holes for pins and pegs.

lukvader
10-08-2010, 02:47 PM
Hm with the black skirt im really considering getting one also. Too bad that the high shipment rate to germany and the customs (dont help if its declared as a gift) together with the bad EURO/USD , makes it so damn expensive for me.

With this new paint and the black skirt she went to a beauty anyway.

johnclone
10-08-2010, 11:44 PM
It sounds to me like Fuzzy lucked out with a one of a kind statue kit with no pin, I bet people would pay big bucks for that! :itsb:

Josado
10-10-2010, 06:50 AM
Wow, she's a beauty. I wish I could have got in on that AP. Low on funds, though. Hoping that the production run of these will be nearly as good as these!

Great job to everyone involved in the making of this exquisite art piece.