PDA

View Full Version : ARH gi joe full sizes

mitthrawnuruondo
06-11-2005, 08:21 PM
anyone have any opinions on the arh full size statues.they look great in the pics,but you cant always tell by a pic.anyone who has these ,hows the paint and paint application.quality of the materials used on statue and base.the sculpts looks very very good,but i wondered about these other details.

Tetragrammaton
06-11-2005, 11:31 PM
Hello,

Just saw your thread.

While I do not own any of the Joe statues, I do have two others from ARH.

What I can tell you, and I am by no means an expert, is that the current statues are much better than the earlier work, both in terms of sculpting and paint. I expect that both Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow are fairly recent. I like them and if I would be more into the theme, would probably fork out the $180.00 US a piece they usually list for on E-Bay.

Shipping is somewhat an issue as they are coming in from Brazil. The packaging is rather unique, as they come encased in foam, tape, and toothpicks and you have to liberate the statue from the material by carefully breaking and cutting away at it. In my case, had no damage what-so-ever.

A pleasure to deal with, I suggest you contact the sculptor directly through the forum private messages. He goes by the creative and imaginative forum name of Arahom Radjah (artists... go figure!). I have been messaging him for some time now, but, unfortunately, the restraining order is now in effect.

Good luck and good shopping!

Tony Coca
06-12-2005, 12:18 AM
ARH has some great pieces.He's a real talented sculptor.

Collection King 13
06-12-2005, 02:14 AM
I agree!

CKinSD
06-12-2005, 01:50 PM
ARH is also now in the states. he no longer lives in Brazil. Arahom is a member here of statueforum. give him a PM he is a great guy to deal with.

abarron
06-12-2005, 01:55 PM
I do really like the GI Joe statues. Just a little too pricey for me

boondocksaint
06-12-2005, 01:55 PM
anyone have any opinions on the arh full size statues.they look great in the pics,but you cant always tell by a pic.anyone who has these ,hows the paint and paint application.quality of the materials used on statue and base.the sculpts looks very very good,but i wondered about these other details.

check out timelessstatues.com they have a snake eyes and stormshadow kit which are awesome...detail is great! not sure if you could paint or not but these are the two best statues ive seen of these characters

Tetragrammaton
06-13-2005, 01:35 AM
ARH is also now in the states. he no longer lives in Brazil. Arahom is a member here of statueforum. give him a PM he is a great guy to deal with.

While this is true, the older statues still come in from Brazil. May not be true for future works.

Dealt with Arahom's father for my statues. Both he and Arahom seem like really good people.

BobaFett02
06-14-2005, 03:12 AM
Hi guys

With the fear of putting my neck out, if you look at the statues on the ARH site they all have similar pose etc, which makes them all similar, I think he uses a standard body sculpt / base which makes them all similar in hieght and pose.

Looking at them closley they are excellent, i wonder if ARH can shed some light on how the whole process goes :)

mitthrawnuruondo
06-15-2005, 06:57 AM
well,i won one fo these on ebay.thanks for the imput folks :buttrock:

carlo giovanni
10-30-2006, 10:20 PM
Hi guys

With the fear of putting my neck out, if you look at the statues on the ARH site they all have similar pose etc, which makes them all similar, I think he uses a standard body sculpt / base which makes them all similar in hieght and pose.

Looking at them closley they are excellent, i wonder if ARH can shed some light on how the whole process goes :)

Arahom is a great sculptor. He sculpts from the wire and also from a statue called "naked guy(in portuguese "peladinho") sculpted by him.

carlo giovanni
10-31-2006, 06:07 AM
The pictures

Snake eyes
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n177/giovanniciuffo/GIJoeSnakeEyes1.jpg

Storm Shadow
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n177/giovanniciuffo/COBRAStormShadow1.jpg

Destro
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n177/giovanniciuffo/COBRADestro1.jpg

Fries
10-31-2006, 10:22 AM
Snake Eye :buttrock: !! How hard is he to get over the net? This is the first time I heard of ARH. Can anyone enlighten me on this? Thanks. :)

Sniper
10-31-2006, 12:42 PM
I saw his current capt america and all I can say is wow, he did a great job on this one

carlo giovanni
10-31-2006, 02:01 PM
Snake Eye :buttrock: !! How hard is he to get over the net? This is the first time I heard of ARH. Can anyone enlighten me on this? Thanks. :)

I can get them, but i live in Brasil.

AK84
10-31-2006, 03:39 PM
Damn, storm shadow and snake eyes looks awesome. Especially storm shadow. :buttrock: Thx god I'm not a fan of GI joe. How much does this statue cost? Btw, do u guys have his website? Couldn't access his previous site.

carlo giovanni
10-31-2006, 03:46 PM
His website is out, but as i told above, i can get. Send me a PM.

Alex655321
10-31-2006, 09:05 PM
I have no interest in GI Joe stuff but damn they look good!
Thanks for posting the pics!:)

JadeGiant
10-31-2006, 10:01 PM
these Joe statues look great! Anyone have any of these in their collection? I would love to see more pics

jeffb
10-31-2006, 10:09 PM
lllllllllllll

Babytoxie
10-31-2006, 11:08 PM
Holy cow, those are nice!!!

boondocksaint
10-31-2006, 11:33 PM
i want that snake eyes

carlo giovanni
11-01-2006, 03:16 PM
Those GIJoes and this other Snake Eyes i can get, just send me a PM.

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n177/giovanniciuffo/Snakeeyes1.jpg

Fries
11-02-2006, 10:57 AM
Thanks for the offer. Maybe I'll do that sometime in the future. :) :)

A bit off topic but does anyone know of the Snake Eyes by Scott Wittsworth? :)

boondocksaint
11-02-2006, 12:06 PM
didnt arh sell these for like $125?

Force of Nature
11-02-2006, 04:26 PM
Hi BobaFett,

can you please inform me what the URL is of the website of ARH?

I'd be interested in their Juggernaut statue and would like to have a closer look at it.

Thanks!

Rainer

Nothing can stop The Juggernaut... NOTHING!

Hi guys

jetfuel
04-18-2007, 03:45 AM
Absolutely beautiful work on the snake eyes and storm shadow. I must have, are these still being made by ARH?

Alex655321
04-22-2007, 06:18 AM
Hi BobaFett,

can you please inform me what the URL is of the website of ARH?

I'd be interested in their Juggernaut statue and would like to have a closer look at it.

Thanks!
Nothing can stop The Juggernaut... NOTHING!

Here you go Rainer
http://www.arhstudios.com.br/

Arahom Radjah
04-22-2007, 03:30 PM
Hi guys

Ok, let me shed some light out on this point for you!!!

The most difficult part of having a statue reproduced is the mold. the molds are usually a very complicated process and the more movement the statue has the harder it is to get a good quality copy! Unfortunately down there in Brazil they have no technology whatsoever to reproduce resin statue and the mold materials are extremely expensive and really poor quality! So when I'm sculpting, I have to think about all those details before I decide what pose I will use for the character... The reality is different, and we can't think ARH statues as we think Bowen or any other China produced statue... my pieces were reproduced by a couple of guys that worked with these pieces as a second job trying to improve their income with a few bucks more! So there is no way to compare what they can do with what I would want and desire !!!!

My statues were sculpted to have that usual classic museum stance ( what is really appreciated by many!) and make the molds and reproduction viable for the guys in Brazil!!!

it's not the ideal, but is the best we can do !!!

The basic body I use is not the only factor that influences the outcome... since this body is cut in pieces and then re-assembled, so I can have any pose I want.... the basic body actually just saves me time by not having to start from scratch (wire) every single time (what really doesn't make any sense to me at all !!!)
If you check the HULK I sculpted for Dave ( Jade Giant ) you will see that I started from a wire armature since I have no basic body for a Hulk scale... so, if I only was capable of sculpting using a basic body, how could I be able to sculpt this one ???

best,

Alex655321
04-22-2007, 03:35 PM
Ok, let me shed some light out on this point for you!!!

The most difficult part of having a statue reproduced is the mold. the molds are usually a very complicated process and the more movement the statue has the harder it is to get a good quality copy! Unfortunately down there in Brazil they have no technology whatsoever to reproduce resin statue and the mold materials are extremely expense and really poor quality! So when I'm sculpting, I have to think about all those details before I decide what pose I will use for the character... The reality is different, and we can't think ARH statues as we think Bowen or any other China produced statue... my pieces were reproduced by a couple of guys that worked with these pieces as a second job trying to improve their income with a few bucks more! So there is no way to compare what they can do with what I would want and desire !!!!

My statues were sculpted to have that usual classic museum stance ( what is really appreciated by many!) and make the molds and reproduction viable for the guys in Brazil!!!

it's not the ideal, but is the best we can do !!!

The basic body I use is not the only factor that influences the outcome... since this body is cut in pieces and then re-assembled, so I can have any pose I want.... the basic body actually just saves me time by not having to start from scratch (wire) every single time (what really doesn't make any sense to me at all !!!)
If you check the HULK I sculpted for Dave ( Jade Giant ) you will see that I started from a wire armature since I have no basic body for a Hulk scale... so, if I only was capable of sculpting using a basic body, how could I be able to sculpt this one ???

best,

Are we going to be seeing some finished pics on the forum soon Arahom?:thumbs2:

Arahom Radjah
04-22-2007, 03:42 PM
Are we going to be seeing some finished pics on the forum soon Arahom?:thumbs2:

It depends on Dave!!! He said he wanted to post the pics, so I'm just waiting !!! I think he said he is having some problems to have his website up!!

Gotta wait!

Alex655321
04-22-2007, 03:46 PM
It depends on Dave!!! He said he wanted to post the pics, so I'm just waiting !!! I think he said he is having some problems to have his website up!!

Gotta wait!

oh God, if we have to wait for Dave posting pictures I am going to grow old before seeing these pics:banghead: :D

rychehitman
04-22-2007, 03:51 PM
I am anxiously awaiting to see the new masterpiece as well! I have heard you did an outstanding job Arahom! Makes me wonder if you would ever want to sink your teeth into something Asgardian!!!

Arahom Radjah
04-22-2007, 06:31 PM
I am anxiously awaiting to see the new masterpiece as well! I have heard you did an outstanding job Arahom! Makes me wonder if you would ever want to sink your teeth into something Asgardian!!!

" If demand is there, supply is forthcoming..." that's what my Econ. teacher always tells me !!!! lol

"For the right price any "job" is possible!!! "( this one I heard from someone else!:eplus2: )

But, I think you got the picture!!!! lol

Alex655321
04-22-2007, 07:53 PM
Make it happen Ryche:thumbs2:

skorpsta
04-22-2007, 10:37 PM
The pictures

Snake eyes

Storm Shadow

Destro

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! these are hot!!!!!!!!! arh did these statues great!!!!!!!!! hey louis do you have these in your arh collection???

skorpsta
04-22-2007, 10:40 PM

yes ...... i must agree on that...nice work:thumbs2:

Alex655321
04-23-2007, 07:39 AM
WOW!!!!!!!!!!! these are hot!!!!!!!!! arh did these statues great!!!!!!!!! hey louis do you have these in your arh collection???

They are fine statues indeed, but at this time I do not my friend.

rilynil
04-23-2007, 11:18 AM
Those G.I. Joe statues are cool. :thumbs2:

JadeGiant
04-23-2007, 11:36 AM
oh God, if we have to wait for Dave posting pictures I am going to grow old before seeing these pics:banghead: :D

ouch! ... there ya go talking behind my back ... and I thought we were homies ... LOL

OK, OK ... I was trying to host them on my site but I have had too many issues so I will post them up today or tomorrow (hopefully tonight).

You will not be dissapointed! Arahom's best work to date :buttrock:

Arahom - I now have your Bi Beast to go along with your original Hulk - the only such display in existance!! I will snap some pics of these as well

JadeGiant
04-23-2007, 11:37 AM

put me down for one:thumbs2:

abarron
04-23-2007, 12:31 PM
Are these still available??

Alex655321
04-23-2007, 02:05 PM
ouch! ... there ya go talking behind my back ... and I thought we were homies ... LOL

lol, I posted this in the open forum!! pm's are for talking behind your back:thumbs2:

OK, OK ... I was trying to host them on my site but I have had too many issues so I will post them up today or tomorrow (hopefully tonight).

You will not be dissapointed! Arahom's best work to date :buttrock:
I am counting the minutes!
Arahom - I now have your Bi Beast to go along with your original Hulk - the only such display in existance!! I will snap some pics of these as well

Until I get my hands on one:eplus2:

JadeGiant
04-23-2007, 02:34 PM
lol, I posted this in the open forum!! pm's are for talking behind your back

:laugh: yeah, but in a GI Joe thread ... luckily it was an ARH thread:thumbs2:

I am counting the minutes! :thumbs2:

Until I get my hands on one:eplus2: Are you trying to locate one of these? ... it is nice to know that I have an ARH display that even the king himslef does not have ... or Arahom .... bwahahahahaha

Arahom Radjah
04-23-2007, 02:36 PM
Are these still available??

The GI Joes are long gone!!!! unless you get a Brazilian "RECAST" or buy one from someone that bought from me!!!!

that's my problem with a 20 pieces production... they run out!!!!!

boondocksaint
04-23-2007, 02:36 PM
i just washed the formation designs snake eyes kit...its on the table! what an awesome sculpt!

JadeGiant
04-23-2007, 02:38 PM
i just washed the formation designs snake eyes kit...its on the table! what an awesome sculpt!

hey boon, how about some WIP pics?:thumbs2:

boondocksaint
04-23-2007, 02:38 PM
hey boon, how about some WIP pics?:thumbs2:

hes on the table doesnt mean im doing it yet! LOL:banghead:

Arahom Radjah
04-23-2007, 02:39 PM
If you guys are talking about my first HULK !!! it's sold out, but Dave knows a guy that has one, right Dave???

If I'm not wrong he was willing to sell it a while ago !!! BUT A SOLID "AP" like Dave's one ... simple doesn't exist anymore!!!!! Lucky of you....

JadeGiant
04-23-2007, 02:40 PM
If you guys are talking about my first HULK !!! it's sold out, but Dave know a guy that has one right Dave???

If I'm not wrong he was willing to sell it a hile ago !!! BUT A SOLID "AP" like Dave's one ... simple doesn't exist anymore!!!!! Lucky of you....

I had a lead on one a while back - not sure if it is still around ...

I am honored to have your personal copy that is solid cast ... thanks again my friend!!!!

JadeGiant
04-23-2007, 02:43 PM
hes on the table doesnt mean im doing it yet! LOL:banghead:

just asking for pics as you do the project brutha:banghead:

Arahom Radjah
04-23-2007, 02:45 PM
What about we talk less and you post those new pics at once!!! lol...

I'm dieing to see these pics!!!!!! I don't even remember how he looks like anymore!!!!!:laugh:

JadeGiant
04-23-2007, 02:47 PM
What about we talk less and you post those new pics at once!!! lol...

I'm dieing to see these pics!!!!!! I don't even remember how he looks like anymore!!!!!:laugh:

patience my friend, patience ... I promise they will be up today:thumbs2:

boondocksaint
04-23-2007, 02:47 PM
just asking for pics as you do the project brutha:banghead:

lol...no prob! :thumbs2:

JadeGiant
04-23-2007, 02:50 PM
lol...no prob! :thumbs2:

:thumbs2: I am starting to get the build/paint bug ... needs me some reference pics:thumbs2:

Alex655321
04-23-2007, 03:49 PM
patience my friend, patience ... I promise they will be up today:thumbs2:

I hope Arahom has LOTS of patience:laugh:

Alex655321
04-23-2007, 03:52 PM
yeah, but in a GI Joe thread ... luckily it was an ARH thread:thumbs2:

:thumbs2:

Are you trying to locate one of these? ... it is nice to know that I have an ARH display that even the king himslef does not have ... or Arahom .... bwahahahahaha

:mad: I remember a certain person who drove 5 hours to help a certain someone have 33% of a certain sculpture.:)

JadeGiant
04-23-2007, 05:31 PM
:mad: I remember a certain person who drove 5 hours to help a certain someone have 33% of a certain sculpture.:)

I am here for you ... I didn't know you were on the lookout for one of these ... I will make it my personal mission:thumbs2:

Alex655321
04-23-2007, 06:57 PM
I am here for you ... I didn't know you were on the lookout for one of these ... I will make it my personal mission:thumbs2:

Yes, I need, crave, want one of those Hulks.
Even if I still have not seen the finished pics:D

Hey....they don't call me the King for nothing:buttrock:

JadeGiant
04-23-2007, 07:22 PM
Yes, I need, crave, want one of those Hulks.
Even if I still have not seen the finished pics:D

Hey....they don't call me the King for nothing:buttrock:

I was referring to the original/first Arahom Hulk sculpture

Alex655321
04-23-2007, 07:23 PM
I was referring to the original/first Arahom Hulk sculpture

oh that. Pass, I want the new and improved.

Venom4131
07-03-2007, 10:17 AM
The pictures

Snake eyes

Storm Shadow

Destro

These are amazing. I only buy Bowen statues, but I would make an exception for the Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow.