PDA

View Full Version : Monster Rider Challenge 2010

shiflettbrothers
11-21-2010, 09:12 PM
Wow we got a great response to this challenge, 40 entries we could'nt belive it. Thanks to everyone who participated and all the hours they put in. Winners to be announced tonite!

http://www.shiflettbrothers.com/forum/index.cfm?page=forum&forumID=6

jarrod

shiflettbrothers
11-22-2010, 11:22 PM
The Winners!!!

Jarrod and I have again been humbled, inspired, and a little bit overwhelmed by the number and quality of the entries into the Monster Rider Challenge. The amount of labor put into these pieces is incredible. As is the creativity of the work.

Our tremendous thanks to the magnificent Simon "Spiderzero" Lee for helping us judge and adding to the Prize Loot.

Judging this is Bazinga!Bazinga!Bazinga!Bazinga!ing brutal. I wish I could pick like 25 winners.

OK...enough talk.

Grand Prize Winner: Baard. Both mine and Jarrod's personal favorite. The most professional looking of all the pieces. Well done, dude.

Second Place: Nas. Um...badass, man.

Third Place: Firecrow. This one wasn't so much on my radar until Simon's
endorsement. I gave it a second look and was glad I did. Its wicked.

Honorable Mentions: BrianHigh, Dusto, and Dextermcspice

All of the sculptors listed above will be receiving prizes. The Grand Prize has been documented, along with the first three places receiving castings of Simon's incredible new Monster Rider piece. Second and third will also receive Chloe Painted Statues and all three Honorable Mentions will receive our Gnomon Workshop DVD. (Give us a little time on shipping this stuff out to you guys.)

I will personally comment on every single sculpture submitted in the next few days.

Congratulations to everyone and THANK YOU!
Brandon