PDA

View Full Version : Score Pop Culture Shock Collectibles

OuttaSight
12-03-2010, 03:30 PM
im wondering how you would score my company so far.

SARFARAZ
12-03-2010, 03:49 PM
I voted good. I think your work is amazing, but there's
always things people won't find perfect.

akumalove
12-03-2010, 03:56 PM
Perfect for me!
The statues are getting better every time and your contact with us collectors is amazing!
Christina

Famiman
12-03-2010, 04:20 PM
^ Yeah, the statues definitely get better each time.

I'm really liking the fighting game mixed media statues. Thanks for all the hard work and care on all the SF and especially, the Darkstalkers statues.

I think that's awesome that you're giving Darkstalkers, a lesser known franchise, a chance and putting out some high quality stuff. :thumbs2:

Big Hulk
12-03-2010, 04:56 PM
I voted good. I think packaging and styrofoam packing good be improved. As for the statues thus far, I would say they have been pretty cool except I didn't like how the whole Guile thing went down (and are still available by the way even though there were 1000 people on a waitlist :stick: )

pppccclll
12-03-2010, 05:08 PM
I voted good as well simply because i won't vote anyone perfect. I have purchased much product from Sideshow and other various related companies and PCSC's product is superior. I have been collecting for years and years and my Zangief, Ken, Cammy, and Guile statues have become the highlights of my collection.. Keep up the almost perfect work.

dechirico7
12-03-2010, 05:13 PM
To date, I only own one of your pieces and that is the Felicia Ex AP that you personally sold me. I love her. Excellent sculpt, great execution.

When it comes to sculpting women, you are a master Jerry. I love that you don't make your female statues ultra skinny, with breasts ten times larger than their head. You also like to put meat on them and that is great.

Also, we know you work extra hard to make us happy and we really appreciate that you come on here to converse with us.

The only reason I didn't give you a perfect score was because of Kabuki's release date being changed. Hopefully the finished product, when in hand, will make up for it.:thumbs2:

BTW, IF ANYONE WANTS THE EXCLUSIVE VERSION OF FELICIA, SS HAS HER FOR 30% OFF RIGHT NOW. WHICH IS A STEAL!!!!!!!!!!! Save 30% only 10 left at this price use coupon: HG9000651

A2G
12-03-2010, 05:20 PM
Hey Jerry, if you don’t mind, I would like to give you a little more detailed rating of PCS.

Keeping in touch with collectors, helping out and giving us updates: 8/5 (Jerry I love you for this)
Products: 5/5
Quality: 4/5 (vega leaning and other statue rubbing issues in the past)
Packaging: 4/5 (brittle Styrofoam)

PCS is my favorite company atm.

ambasah
12-03-2010, 05:32 PM
there is always room for improvement, so no company can get perfect in my mind. I would say higher than good, but below perfect.

in terms of touching base with customers pcs cannot be equalled. in terms of product quality, there have been some misses, but you have learned from them and adjusted. well done!

bebohawk
12-03-2010, 09:03 PM
hey Jerry you miss #6 kick-ass /awesome :buttrock:
the product are 6/6:buttrock:
your attention to the fans 6/6:buttrock: :buttrock:
is true the Styrofoam is kinda of messy and cheap but so far my statues have arrive in P.R safe plus you already working to fix it so i say 5.5/6:buttrock:
overall #6-Kick-ass/awesome:buttrock: :buttrock: You Rock:buttrock:

toe
12-03-2010, 09:21 PM
I voted average because:

- great sculpt on every statue so far
- change of edition sizes
- high prices
- frequent breakage

I will still continue to collect though.

wvg9250
12-03-2010, 09:44 PM
J could you add excellent between perfect and good? I vote for excellent :buttrock: Keep up with the good work man !
I love the SF line :thumbs2:

jye318
12-04-2010, 01:24 AM
jerry's job is perfect, but the company make his scores down because of many reason.

rems
12-04-2010, 01:30 AM
voted good.... leaning Vega & poor foam the spoilers..
All the SF statues ARE AWESOME...

Niero
12-04-2010, 09:59 AM
Good for me.
The sculpts and design of the statues are great, but the cheap styrofoam is a real problem for international collectors.
I dont cara about the ES (its just a number!!!) and the prices are fair

jasong888
12-04-2010, 10:09 AM
Hey Jerry, if you don’t mind, I would like to give you a little more detailed rating of PCS.

Keeping in touch with collectors, helping out and giving us updates: 8/5 (Jerry I love you for this)
Products: 5/5
Quality: 4/5 (vega leaning and other statue rubbing issues in the past)
Packaging: 4/5 (brittle Styrofoam)

PCS is my favorite company atm.

i agree with a2g for the most part. i wish the packaging to be improved and the prices to be lowered a bit (if those two are even possible together). i don't have the vega lean on mine so i lucked out on that one. i don't have any issues with my PCS statues except for ryu's foot (has some glue issues on the medial side).

Darth Pain
12-04-2010, 11:49 AM
I voted good.
I've only bought 1 piece (Guile) but, I have been watching all of the PCS threads.
Pros:
Great sculptures that are well made.
Low edition sizes for the most part.
Owner Interaction with the fans. Takes advice on changing something about a sculpture to suit us better and deals with the childish crits.
Great Licenses

Cons:
Some design flaws. Figures attached to the base, figures not seating firmly on the base, Vega's lean
Packing designs styro shell needs to be bigger or designed so that the foam holds the piece in places that are strong and leaves the fragile parts untouched by foam. That has always been the best method.
Edition Size tampering. Once an ES is set it should NEVER be changed. I don't care of there is a million people on the WL. That's part of collecting and it's what makes some pieces exciting and rare.
Let Sideshow make a large Exclusive # for the Lion-O PF. (Ok that's not really a con but, Sideshow ticks me off because of that.

Alucard
12-04-2010, 01:41 PM
J could you add excellent between perfect and good? I vote for excellent :buttrock: Keep up with the good work man !
I love the SF line :thumbs2:

i also agree with wvg9250 i give your company an excellent. i give you a perfect for interacting with us and your skills. i only own the reg guile and have the reg and ex bison on order also have the ex lion-o in order. i started late collecting statues june of this year to be exact but i wish i started when you started making the street fighter line cause i would've had all of them, now i have to go on ebay and pay double or triple the price :-( thank you jerry and keep up the excellent work

MONSTER
12-04-2010, 01:44 PM
I'll go with good for now. Once you get the MOTU license, you'll be perfect.

VS1976
12-04-2010, 01:52 PM
I'll go with good for now. Once you get the MOTU license, you'll be perfect.

:goodpost:

sdbuzzcut
12-04-2010, 05:06 PM
I would have liked something between 'good' and 'perfect', something like 'great'.

Perfection is hard to achieve and there have been issues with almost every statue, but overall I'm very happy and would call PopCultureShock, as a company, GREAT!

ComputerFly
12-04-2010, 05:45 PM
Of the few products I've bought produced by PCS, I had chains that wouldn't fit around Guile's hair, and both Zangiefs that I got had bases that were had rubs and spots all over them. I tried to get one replaced, but it had the same issues.

I also don't like the way the feet fit the bases. They just feel like the slightest nudge is going to send them tumbling.

Packaging on Guile was not good. Super thin crumbling sytro.

I voted Good, because other than those production issues, the pieces are very well done, and really capture the characters well.

A few tweaks and you'll be a solid 5 in my book.

High Lord Apocalypse
12-04-2010, 07:21 PM
hey Jerry you miss #6 kick-ass /awesome :buttrock:
the product are 6/6:buttrock:
your attention to the fans 6/6:buttrock: :buttrock:
is true the Styrofoam is kinda of messy and cheap but so far my statues have arrive in P.R safe plus you already working to fix it so i say 5.5/6:buttrock:
overall #6-Kick-ass/awesome:buttrock: :buttrock: You Rock:buttrock:

thanks for saving me the time! lol.

XMAN
12-04-2010, 07:36 PM
Perfect in my book......this is based on your attentiveness to your customers in combination with the fact that your pieces totally rock:buttrock:

ALIMOE27
12-04-2010, 07:57 PM
Great, just needs some work on the packaging. Everything else is great

MrYac
12-04-2010, 08:11 PM
good for sure, ass kissing aside nobody is perfect, but you do take the extra steps to communicate with your fans and that really means a lot....now if only you'd let me pick at least 1 character to get made you might get bumped up a point :p

kingofhobbies
12-12-2010, 02:56 AM
i voted good, i have 5 street fighter statues, and from what i got i say, you really need to find different packaging,it took me an hour to remove the white small foam piece from guile cloth,so i give 2/5 for packaging, sculpt i give 5/5 although sometimes it is not complete ,painting i give 3/5 , it can be done much better,with better shading ,and paiting quality and on the nonshowing areas ,like guile boots were really not good, it doesnt mean that it is not showing it should be painted like that .
at the moment you are selling very high wanted statues and you have lisences for street fighter ,thundercats and maybe MOTU, but i doubt you can sell predators ,marvel or DC for that quality painting or packaging

francois_nor
12-12-2010, 04:09 AM
on a scale 1 to 5, i will give you a 4

1)the sculpt is a 4.5 out 5 ( ryu biceps are way too big and guile is missing nipples )
2)the paint is 3.5 out 5 (better shading)
3)the packaging is a 2 out 5 (you know why, i'm not going to repeat what everybody say)
4)your customer service is a 6 out of 5. I love the interaction you have with your customers. You should make a pool so we can vote on the pose of the statues u are making.(especially SAGAT).

And by the way, just the fact you made this thread, makes you great. Caring about our opinion of your company is great.

VS1976
12-12-2010, 07:46 AM
Hey I dont have Ryu, Vega or Ken but do they have nipples? If they do Guile should definitley have it too.

francois_nor
12-12-2010, 03:44 PM
Hey I dont have Ryu, Vega or Ken but do they have nipples? If they do Guile should definitley have it too.

Ryu, Vega, and Ken have them.

Atheris
12-12-2010, 04:42 PM
You will get a "PERFECT" vote from me...once you put out some Mortal Kombat. For now....your good :thumbs2:

Chris

Vince-Vell
12-12-2010, 04:48 PM
perfect for me!

Would be priceless if you made a Rose statue!

Spazzy
12-12-2010, 05:08 PM
Good
Minor issues like delays, minor imperfections on some pieces, but the statues ARE getting much better, Zangief has been most impressive, haven't bought Guile yet, but will.

Styrofoam issues, but as long as I get a undamaged statue I am ok with the foam.

Close to perfect but still needs some work, I wouldn't even rate sideshow as perfect either.

rhy
12-28-2010, 03:29 AM
One thing I've noticed about this hobby is that every manufacture has had some time of shipping delay, ES increase or a type of discrepancy w/ fans (it's a given) but to my knowledge PCS is the only company to actually compensate his clientele whenever something comes up.

When Darth Talon's ES was increased did SS comp us?
But when Guile's was raised PCS gave us a Champion Edition w/ an added accessory(don't forget you guys even got a chance to vote on what charlie's dog tag was going to say).

When the hulk comiquette was released collectors complained/debated non stop about his hair and what did sideshow do....Not a single thing but when Bison's prototype was first introduced PCS fans complained about his portrait. So what did PCS do? He went out of his way to sculpt another one and added it free of charge.

Let's not forget that he always keeps us in the loop w/ his projects.

My score:
http://www.hadoukenonline.com/wp-content/uploads//2010/01/ssfiv-perfect.jpg

MinMay
01-04-2011, 05:12 PM
I voted "good"...not perfect.

How can it be perfect when there are complaints from collectors? Aiyah...LOL...people.

There are still room to improve...such as not increasing ES...better packaging, etc.

Overall, Jerry, you are doing a fine job even without being perfect :thumbs2:

benocehcap
01-04-2011, 07:49 PM
One thing I've noticed about this hobby is that every manufacture has had some time of shipping delay, ES increase or a type of discrepancy w/ fans (it's a given) but to my knowledge PCS is the only company to actually compensate his clientele whenever something comes up.

When Darth Talon's ES was increased did SS comp us?
But when Guile's was raised PCS gave us a Champion Edition w/ an added accessory(don't forget you guys even got a chance to vote on what charlie's dog tag was going to say).

When the hulk comiquette was released collectors complained/debated non stop about his hair and what did sideshow do....Not a single thing but when Bison's prototype was first introduced PCS fans complained about his portrait. So what did PCS do? He went out of his way to sculpt another one and added it free of charge.

Let's not forget that he always keeps us in the loop w/ his projects.

My score:
http://www.hadoukenonline.com/wp-content/uploads//2010/01/ssfiv-perfect.jpg

+1:thumbs2:

StatueHunter75
01-04-2011, 09:00 PM
I love it!!!!! My Favorite Company!!

rhy
01-08-2011, 09:47 PM
How can it be perfect when there are complaints from collectors? Aiyah...LOL...people.

That's the beauty of being able to file a complaint. What's the point if you know that no one is going to listen? Otherwise you're just whining. However, with this producer, he takes all, or most, of these complaints into account and fixes them as necessary. Isn't that perfect?

FROBAY
01-08-2011, 09:59 PM
Great stuff. Packaging keeps you from being Perfect. IMO.

Ryu
01-08-2011, 10:15 PM
Perfect? Nothing really is. Good? Yeah, PCS offers good quality products to its fans.