PDA

View Full Version : What do you think is the Worst Sideshow Statue?

FROBAY
12-06-2010, 07:33 PM
"one mans trash (statue) is another mans treasure"

I was just thinking of some Sideshow stuff I use to like and now I cant stand. The thread is not to offend anybody as we all have our own tastes.

I think the worst Sideshow statue for me is the Movie Thing Maquette, Everytime I run across it on Ebay I think of a turd on a base.

Whats your worst Sideshow statue?

Ink
12-06-2010, 07:34 PM
logan PF
emma PF
rick o'connell PF
lady sham

loricstone
12-06-2010, 07:42 PM
Tough since i only collect Marvel PFs. But the Rambo PF and the Magneto Comiquette are two of the more unappealing statues SS has done. The New Colossus Comiquette is up there. That face just makes that statue a tragedy. It really really does!!! Better face = much better statue.

VS1976
12-06-2010, 07:43 PM
There is only one! The biggest disappointment statue ever made!

RAMBO PF

Ink
12-06-2010, 07:43 PM
Tough since i only collect Marvel PFs. But the Rambo PF and the Magneto Comiquette are two of the more unappealing statues SS has done. The New Colossus Comiquette is up there. That face just makes that statue a tragedy. It really really does!!! Better face = much better statue.

I forgot those two

bloodrain
12-06-2010, 07:51 PM
probably doesnt count as a statue but the Good Fairy

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=1613&ref=search1111

otherwise i'd go with emma frost PF, they just went for the wrong art style IMO.

leplant
12-06-2010, 07:58 PM
logan PF
emma PF
rick o'connell PF
lady sham

I actually really like the Logan PF, I realize I am in the minority on that opinion though.

Nerdy Black Guy
12-06-2010, 08:01 PM
Rambo PF (I'm a fan and was hugely disappointed)

Rick O'Connell PF

Webb
12-06-2010, 08:05 PM
Rambo...What a POS that was...

ratchet
12-06-2010, 08:07 PM
From what I've seen the Rambo PF is pretty bad - I know I've had my issues with the Hulk comiquette - but that's more artistic direction than bad sculpt - although the paint isn't doing it any favors...

FROBAY
12-06-2010, 08:09 PM
I actually really like the Logan PF, I realize I am in the minority on that opinion though.

I have & love the Logan PF too. I will let someone in my family sell it when im dead.

Vracula
12-06-2010, 08:13 PM

RAMBO PF

argh makes me so angry!!!!

NWO SCUM
12-06-2010, 08:16 PM
Rambo PF is the all time worst. Just everything about it was horrible.

What really pisses me off was that it was a character that I REALLY wanted badly to add to my movie collection and Sideshow never even tried to improve it even after all the complaints from their loyal customers. They pretty much said to hell with you collectors were releasing anyways and if you dont like if then F off. Well now it's still sitting in their warehouse.

Vracula
12-06-2010, 08:16 PM
I’m sure you are very aware about the comments on Rambo Premium Format Figure, and like most people, I was disappointed with the prototype photo. I was hoping for a more intense pose and a better likeness, but I was not as upset as many others were. I still think it looks okay except for the base. I thought it could have been so much better…. Simple bases like King Leonidas and Patient Zero are perfect and I wish Rambo had a better base. And for some reason I think the gun is too thin. It looks the right proportion but just a bit on the skinny side. Anyway, I know you heard our cries before, but considering how iconic this character is, I was surprised you didn’t use Trevor to sculpt the likeness. I truly hope you guys work on him a bit and make him as good as your T-800, Conan and Indy PFs. Oh, and don’t forget that 5 o’clock shadow!

We will certainly share your comments with the creative team, but to the best of our knowledge, Rambo is moving ahead as-is for production.

With the release of the Rambo Premium Format, will its success in sales determine whether or not a second or third Rambo PF would be produced? IE: if sales are bad and it does not sell well would any future Rambo PF’s be scrapped? Or would Sideshow endeavor to recruit better talent to do any other future sculpts in the line? What does Sideshow take into account in these situations where a line does not have many characters to choose from and the initial PF does not do as well as they would like?

The Rambo PF has done well, and we are discussing future Rambo products.

As a premier Rambo fan, I was disappointed in your Rambo Premium Format; I just don’t see the likeness – it just doesn’t look like a top-notch Sideshow Premium Format to me. Are you fixing this issue or are we going to see the same figure that has been shown as the prototype? Oh, and by the way, can I have a Gift Card? The Lord knows I can’t afford some of your popular in-stock goodies this year since I’m on a tight budget until Christmas.

We do believe you’ll be pleasantly surprised by the in-hand images on the Rambo PF, which should begin shipping in April. We hope you found a Sideshow Gift Card to ease you through the holidays – if not, give us a shout!

has idiots written all over it.

curse those folks who actually paid for this,ofcourse some of them took the ceo's advice so i dont blame them.you have to be freaking blind to see this pf wasnt a disaster from the get go!

dechirico7
12-06-2010, 08:18 PM
Emma PF
Not all art should be translated into 3D.

She looks more like Tiffany (Chucky)

risingstar
12-06-2010, 08:19 PM
Emma PF has to be among the worst.
Yeesh.

risingstar
12-06-2010, 08:19 PM
Emma PF

Jinx!

Vracula
12-06-2010, 08:25 PM
oh then there is the bullseye maquette!

FROBAY
12-06-2010, 08:32 PM
oh then there is the bullseye maquette!

I forgot about that one.

So really its just a handful of Bad ones here. Not too bad.

kinkyqueen
12-06-2010, 08:45 PM
Old Indy. What the hell were they thinking...

Darth Pain
12-06-2010, 09:15 PM
The Elektra PF.
Every time I see a pic of it, I wince. The hair looks bad and the outfit is too loose.

NorthernLadMSP
12-06-2010, 09:24 PM
The Elektra PF.
Every time I see a pic of it, I wince. The hair looks bad and the outfit is too loose.

I agree that it is pretty bad with the fake horse hair, loose bandana and weird face, but I think the Emma Frost PF takes the rotten tomatoe for worst piece! I can honestly say this too, because I used to own it LOL

joefixit2
12-06-2010, 09:25 PM
The Grinch-Hulk bust. bleech.

VS1976
12-06-2010, 09:25 PM
I agree that it is pretty bad with the fake horse hair, loose bandana and weird face, but I think the Emma Frost PF takes the rotten tomatoe for worst piece! I can honestly say this too, because I used to own it LOL

It's a different art style and I quite like it. I liked it so much that I bought 2 :D

ratchet
12-06-2010, 09:29 PM

That was certainly one of the worst! Such a disappointment!

FROBAY
12-06-2010, 09:33 PM

How could I have forgot about that one. Ewww.

It's a different art style and I quite like it. I liked it so much that I bought 2 :D

Electra PF, I got an AP & love it.

VS1976
12-06-2010, 09:43 PM
How could I have forgot about that one. Ewww.

Electra PF, I got an AP & love it.

Sorry I was talking about the Emma Frost PF. I liked Elektra as a character but hated the PF. That is the only Marvel PF I don't have & the other is Psylocke Comiquette. I was disappointed with that too.

greatwall
12-06-2010, 09:45 PM
Logan PF

Beast maquette

FROBAY
12-06-2010, 09:46 PM
Sorry I was talking about the Emma Frost PF. I liked Elektra as a character but hated the PF. That is the only Marvel PF I don't have & the other is Psylocke Comiquette. I was disappointed with that too.

Bummer, I love my Electra PF. I dont have the Psylocke but the in hand pics of her look amazing.

FROBAY
12-06-2010, 09:47 PM
Logan PF

Beast maquette

I agree with the beast, but I have never seen one in person.

Sledge Hammer!
12-06-2010, 09:49 PM

RAMBO PF

QFT

That's my choice too. Easily.

VS1976
12-06-2010, 09:49 PM
Someone should do a poll on this?

rnbuda
12-06-2010, 09:56 PM
Rambo, Magneto, and the Beast for sure!

pavehawk78
12-06-2010, 10:38 PM
Beast Maquette is horrible....wtf is going on in his special area???

koten
12-06-2010, 11:02 PM
Rambo takes this one by a landslide, imo.

TheDevil
12-06-2010, 11:15 PM
Beast Maquette, Thing Maquette

Emma frost pf was quite nasty, but I'd actually buy it if it's around 100 usd or less.

I just saw in sideshow website, that Emma frost pf regular is sold out / waitlist but, the exclusive is available, what's up with that ?

Bullseye comiquette is freaky.

johnclone
12-06-2010, 11:36 PM
POOR RAMBO.

joy_division
12-06-2010, 11:37 PM
AH Emma Frost comiquette by a mile!

legato
12-06-2010, 11:48 PM
Beast Maquette, Thing Maquette

Emma frost pf was quite nasty, but I'd actually buy it if it's around 100 usd or less.

I just saw in sideshow website, that Emma frost pf regular is sold out / waitlist but, the exclusive is available, what's up with that ?

Bullseye comiquette is freaky.

Because SS usually dumps the regs to the lcs and online stores...

Darth Pain
12-06-2010, 11:50 PM

:eek: :battherapy:

VS1976
12-06-2010, 11:51 PM

What??? Its one of the best comiquette ever made. :eek:

A Cimmerian
12-07-2010, 12:02 AM
1-Hulk bust
2-Rambo PF
3-Elektra PF
4-Logan PF
5-Bullseye comiquette

StatueBandit
12-07-2010, 01:47 AM
Emma PF has to be among the worst.
Yeesh.

We have to agree to disagree as I think Sideshow nailed it with this Emma PF which was based on Scott Campbell Cover Art of X-MEN #205 Variant Messiah Complex.

Also this Emma PF is supposed to have a kind of Anima fell to her while still keeping the character looking Sensuous, & Alluring like Jessica from Roger Rabbit lol

I have found that stock photos a lot of the time don't do these pieces any justice you have to see them first hand in person to really determine how the piece grabs you.

StatueBandit
12-07-2010, 02:04 AM
The worst Premium Formats to date have to be the Logan & Elektra ... what a shame

Ravager
12-07-2010, 03:08 AM
1:1 Hulk bust

ottorino
12-07-2010, 03:35 AM
rambo worst ever

kingofhobbies
12-07-2010, 04:40 AM
i feel she-hulk comiquette is horrible
well, logan PF sucks as well, colossus comiquette, Emma frost PF for sure,

SculptorTim
12-07-2010, 05:24 AM
Not meaning to start anything, but I'm sure most of you are aware that many of the sculptors lurk here, right?

I'm sure none of you are really intent on giving anyone a bad day. :thumbs2:

VS1976
12-07-2010, 06:12 AM
We have to agree to disagree as I think Sideshow nailed it with this Emma PF which was based on Scott Campbell Cover Art of X-MEN #205 Variant Messiah Complex.

Also this Emma PF is supposed to have a kind of Anima fell to her while still keeping the character looking Sensuous, & Alluring like Jessica from Roger Rabbit lol

I have found that stock photos a lot of the time don't do these pieces any justice you have to see them first hand in person to really determine how the piece grabs you.

:iagree: IMO it's extremely well done.

Ravager
12-07-2010, 09:48 AM
Not meaning to start anything, but I'm sure most of you are aware that many of the sculptors lurk here, right?

Have the humility to accept praise when it is worthy, but have the courage to endure critique when it is deserved. Therein lies the way to enlightenment.

Tim you are a great sculptor.

Cyberben
12-07-2010, 09:49 AM
That was certainly one of the worst! Such a disappointment!

This one gets my vote too!

Darth Pain
12-07-2010, 11:00 AM

But, 9 times out of ten it's not the sculptors fault. Usually it's the design, control art, casting, or for a PF it could be the way the clothing came out.
If they are that sensitive then maybe looking at a thread about "the Worst statue" isn't a good idea.
If one can take criticism then read away and ignore the feeble minded posts of "It's crap" and "It's a FAIL". If they can't critique better than that, their opinion doesn't matter anyway.

FROBAY
12-07-2010, 11:54 AM
Have the humility to accept praise when it is worthy, but have the courage to endure critique when it is deserved. Therein lies the way to enlightenment.

Well said.

As far as the Rambo Pf (I have it), I really dont see the problem with it. Likeness looks dead on from where im sitting (about 2ft from the statue). But the different tastes makes collecting interesting.

Collection King 13
12-07-2010, 12:54 PM
Rambo... I was looking forward to that one...

VS1976
12-07-2010, 01:44 PM
With the release of the Rambo Premium Format, will its success in sales determine whether or not a second or third Rambo PF would be produced? IE: if sales are bad and it does not sell well would any future Rambo PF’s be scrapped? Or would Sideshow endeavor to recruit better talent to do any other future sculpts in the line? What does Sideshow take into account in these situations where a line does not have many characters to choose from and the initial PF does not do as well as they would like?

The Rambo PF has done well, and we are discussing future Rambo products.

It is quite funny that they say Rambi has done well when they can't even sell 200 of the EX? When you don't listen to to the public this is the end result. :confused:

Sinema
12-07-2010, 01:53 PM
Six pages on "Sideshow's Worst"....and nobody has even mentioned the random chinese guy they tried to pass off as "Bruce Lee"

loricstone
12-07-2010, 03:18 PM
The worst Premium Formats to date have to be the Logan & Elektra ... what a shame

I agree that the Emma PF is an underrated statue, especially when taking into consideration the art it was taken from....

I highly disagree with the Elektra PF. That to me is one of the top Marvel PFs done today.

How anyone can say or think that the above mentioned PFs are worse than the Rambo PF need glasses. Really!!!!

ratchet
12-07-2010, 03:24 PM

:goodpost:

It is quite funny that they say Rambi has done well when they can't even sell 200 of the EX? When you don't listen to to the public this is the end result. :confused:

I think SS should certainly listen to the fans more - but I could also see how it would be hard to make tough chocies when the fans are split.

In cases like the Rambo PF and Hulk Comiquette hair or the 1:1 bust it would certainly do SS well to listen more...

Vallos
12-07-2010, 03:25 PM
Emma PF
Not all art should be translated into 3D.

We'll find out if this is true since Moore is doing a Little Red Riding Hood based on J. Scott Campbell's art. If Moore hits it out of the park, then we'll know it's not so much the translation of art, but the translator!

loricstone
12-07-2010, 03:25 PM

Welllllllllllllllllllllll.........I wouldn't say that either!!! I personally think most humans are crazy...so not listening to the general public IS in fact a good thing...lol. :ignore:

As far as comments go...I don't mind if someone says a statue sucks....they just need to explain why they think so. And a comment like, the hair is short and the statue sucks does not cut it!! A 4 word vocabulary from many folks comments on this forum make them look highly unedubacated....:)

loricstone
12-07-2010, 03:27 PM
Six pages on "Sideshow's Worst"....and nobody has even mentioned the random chinese guy they tried to pass off as "Bruce Lee"

Well the way I see it, the casting for the Game of Death movie didn't care..so the statue couldn't be that bad.

BrandonJF
12-07-2010, 04:13 PM

This is one of those times where I thought the stock photos looked better than it looked in person. I don't blame the source material at all and DO think it can be translated to 3D. This PF was definitely close, but there are some little issues with the head sculpt that kept it from matching the source. I think it was mainly the chin I ended up having a problem with in person... It's one of those pieces that looks better from certain angles. I didn't think it was AWFUL, but it wasn't something I needed to keep. I had wanted it being more of a Campbell fan than an Emma fan. Even with a $50 gift card, I still haven't been able to get myself to get it again (my original came with a broken belt and Sideshow had no replacements... as it remains forever in-stock).

The Rambo PF is the worst Sideshow PF I've seen pics of, but I've only seen the stock photos.

THECLOWN KNIGHT
12-07-2010, 04:54 PM
:tumblew:

w-a-t-i-n-g f-o-r p-i-c-s

StatueBandit
12-07-2010, 05:14 PM
I agree that the Emma PF is an underrated statue, especially when taking into consideration the art it was taken from....

I highly disagree with the Elektra PF. That to me is one of the top Marvel PFs done today.

How anyone can say or think that the above mentioned PFs are worse than the Rambo PF need glasses. Really!!!!

I have seen the Rambo PF in person and I most say was surprised to see that it wasn't as bad as folks make it to be.

The Elektra PF was tempting for a bit as I am a big fan of her and the Daredevil family but l@@king at this piece closely ... I hate to say it she l@@ks like a transvestite

Nerdy Black Guy
12-07-2010, 05:21 PM

:laugh: Yeah I forgot about that one.

Webb
12-07-2010, 05:45 PM
:laugh: Yeah I forgot about that one.

This one ?

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/mas_assets/jpg/3301_press01-001.jpg

ALIMOE27
12-07-2010, 06:18 PM

:tumblew:

TheHulk
12-07-2010, 07:36 PM
Elektra PF that thing is all sorts of wrong...but I guess that's back when sideshow had no idea what they were doing :hilarious:

Do or do not
12-07-2010, 08:03 PM
Rambo PF is horrible and arguably the worst piece the SS has created the past few years. Horrible.

Vracula
12-07-2010, 08:03 PM
This one ?

honestly that has a better resemblance to BL than the pf!

cap70
12-07-2010, 08:16 PM
The first Elvis PF. That one was...how I say..a "let down".
The second Elvis PF(which I own) looks really nice, though.

Vracula
12-07-2010, 08:17 PM
As far as comments go...I don't mind if someone says a statue sucks....they just need to explain why they think so. And a comment like, the hair is short and the statue sucks does not cut it!! A 4 word vocabulary from many folks comments on this forum make them look highly unedubacated....:)

The shortcomings of that statue were glaringly obvious,people often wonder how these things are approved,frankly I would have asked them to start from scratch.

joy_division
12-08-2010, 12:17 AM
This one ?

I want that! where can I get one?

travis
12-08-2010, 07:57 AM
Emma PF no doubt...too cartoonish

LATINKNIGHT7
12-08-2010, 09:36 AM
I would have to go with the,
Logan PF (Stewie head)
Beast Maquette (Michaelangelos David with blue fur)
Hulk (Grinch) bust
LK7

LATINKNIGHT7
12-08-2010, 09:36 AM
I would have to go with the,
Logan PF (Stewie head)
Beast Maquette (Michaelangelos David with blue fur)
Hulk (Grinch) bust
LK7

Darth Pain
12-08-2010, 06:39 PM

My vision is fine. I don't need glasses. We all have different taste.
I think the Rambo PF looks ok. It didn't blow me away but, it's not the worst by any means.
The Emma PF looks good to me. It's just not my style. I like realism and she is based on cartoon like art.

I've seen Elektra in person and (IMO) it is the worst I've ever seen.
I even like the Wolverine PF. He just needs some weathering to his clothes. Again it didn't blow me away, so I didn't buy it.

Dirt Torpedo
12-08-2010, 06:43 PM
1:1 Hulk bust, easily the worst in my eyes.

Gustavo Freire
12-08-2010, 06:49 PM
As far as I'm able to say looking at all the images posted here and elsewhere, the worst is indeed the Rambo PF. An awful likeness... What a waste.

johnclone
12-08-2010, 07:30 PM
This one ?

Why did they make a Bruce Campbell wearing Bruce Lee's clothes?

kinkyqueen
12-08-2010, 08:50 PM
Why did they make a Bruce Campbell wearing Bruce Lee's clothes?HEY! No messin' around with the chinned one!

;)

monsterfan
12-08-2010, 11:11 PM
"one mans trash (statue) is another mans treasure"

I was just thinking of some Sideshow stuff I use to like and now I cant stand. The thread is not to offend anybody as we all have our own tastes.

I think the worst Sideshow statue for me is the Movie Thing Maquette, Everytime I run across it on Ebay I think of a turd on a base.

Whats your worst Sideshow statue?

Star Trek PF Kirk and Spock
Logan PF
Old Man Indy

ratchet
12-08-2010, 11:16 PM
1:1 Hulk bust, easily the worst in my eyes.

I really wish this one came out better - but the whole design would have needed to be changed...

riderV3
12-09-2010, 01:56 AM
Either Godfather PF or Bruce Lee PF...

Shoo
12-09-2010, 06:28 AM
Hulk 1:1 hands down. If I had it (God forbid), I'd hide it every time I'd have guests at home. It's one thing to spend so much money on statues, but spending it on... that? It's embarrassing to look at. It looks like a 10-year old sculpted it. And a not particularly talented kid at that.

Heck, it makes the Legendary Scale Bust (which I never cared for — did anyone say 'Mister Ed'?) look like a masterpiece.

Sorry, lovers.

Darth Pain
12-09-2010, 07:48 AM
A 10 year old? Really?
Lets see how well you can sculpt a Hulk bust. I mean if a 10 year old can do it, surely you can do it.
That's the kind of asinine remark that drives the artists away from participating in these forums.

VS1976
12-09-2010, 08:42 AM
A 10 year old? Really?
Lets see how well you can sculpt a Hulk bust. I mean if a 10 year old can do it, surely you can do it.
That's the kind of asinine remark that drives the artists away from participating in these forums.

:iagree:

JosephCPR
12-09-2010, 08:56 AM

Pretty unfortunate comment, Shoo

Ravager
12-09-2010, 09:51 AM
A lady screamed at me yesterday and I said she was all bark and no bite. She was not a dog. Next got stuck in a lift with 3 other people, we were all in the same boat but there was no water. I finally met my girlfriend who was the apple of my eye but I am not a cannibal.

In the end I saw a statue that could have been made by a 10 year old but there is no 10 year old with such skill.

This story is not true.

risingstar
12-09-2010, 09:53 AM
A lady screamed at me yesterday and I said she was all bark and no bite. She was not a dog. Next got stuck in a lift with 3 other people, we were all in the same boat but there was no water. I finally met my girlfriend who was the apple of my eye but I am not a cannibal. Lastly, this story is not true.

Isn't there a straitjacket somewhere with your name on it?

Ravager
12-09-2010, 09:54 AM
Isn;t there a straight-jacket somewhere with your name on it?

why so serious?

risingstar
12-09-2010, 09:55 AM
why so serious?

Exactly.

VS1976
12-09-2010, 09:55 AM
A lady screamed at me yesterday and I said she was all bark and no bite. She was not a dog. Next got stuck in a lift with 3 other people, we were all in the same boat but there was no water. I finally met my girlfriend who was the apple of my eye but I am not a cannibal. Lastly, this story is not true.

There are 2 completely different subjects. What are you referring your topic as?

Ravager
12-09-2010, 09:56 AM
Pinch of salt, take it with comments.

But with no sodium chloride.

kinkyqueen
12-09-2010, 09:58 AM
A lady screamed at me yesterday and I said she was all bark and no bite. She was not a dog. Next got stuck in a lift with 3 other people, we were all in the same boat but there was no water. I finally met my girlfriend who was the apple of my eye but I am not a cannibal.

In the end I saw a statue that could have been made by a 10 year old but there is no 10 year old with such skill.

This story is not true.

http://i52.tinypic.com/2s8jzsx.gif

Ravager
12-09-2010, 10:02 AM
Burn after reading.

Don't use fire.

VS1976
12-09-2010, 10:04 AM

I see, writing gibberish were people have to figure out what u are thinking about.....:drinking: :sly2: :nuts:

Spartacus
12-09-2010, 10:06 AM
I see, writing gibberish were people have to figure out what u are thinking about.....:drinking: :sly2: :nuts:

:laugh:

Ravager
12-09-2010, 10:08 AM
Too funny.

Shoo
12-09-2010, 10:55 AM
A 10 year old? Really?

Hmmm, I understand your concern, but I beg to differ.

I'm not one to usually do such remarks and I would have never said this on a thread devoted to that particular piece, but first off, take a look at the thread title – ‘What do you think is the worst Sideshow statue’. Surely quite a bit of negativity is to be expected, don’t you think? (OK, a lot of negativity from me.) As stated before, any sculptor should think twice about reading this thread if he/she doesn’t have a thick skin.

A 10 year old? Really?
No, not really. I must admit that was a bit harsh. I may have come across as just disrespectful, but I stand by it. Mostly. A 15 year old would have been more like it. I mean, at that age, a talented boy/girl would be experienced enough to produce a nice looking piece, which is not what I’d call that 1:1 Hulk. Come on, take a look at the 1:1 Thor. Now look at the Hulk. Now look at the Thor. Now look at the Hulk.

The features on that Hulk couldn’t have been more plain or elementary. As I implied, I don’t like the teeth on the Legendary Scale 1:2 Bust, but I can appreciate the piece as a whole, as a detailed (yes, detailed) rendition of an angry Hulk. This Hulk here, though, just conveys silliness to me. He desperately tries to be menacing, but to me it’s just a head that wouldn’t have looked out of place on a Heroclix figure. That’s a caricature-looking Hulk. Hardly what I would want on a huge 1:1 scale bust dominating my room.

One can argue that the Hulk PF looks somewhat as primitive as this, but while that piece makes me think about a giant powerhouse of a mindless beast, all the 1:1 bust reminds me of is a child in a tantrum.

Admittedly, I should have elaborated a bit more on my argument, and I understand how someone may have found that offensive, but, really, the hackneyed 'can you do it better’ is not that valid a point either. I can’t play the guitar but I can tell when someone plays out of tune. And moreover, I’m not the one being paid for it. Still, I know your point was a direct reaction to my equally simplified statement, so let’s not go there.

It all comes down to personal tastes, of course, but this has been the most ridiculed piece I remember (he’s clearly in the lead for the worst piece of the year on another forum I hang around), and rightly so, imo. There’s a reason why so many people call it the Grinch, for Christ’s sake.

I don’t expect every sculptor to be like, say, Tim Miller, but the way I see it, whoever did this needs to improve a lot on his/her skills if he/she wants to make a living out of it. I for one won’t be buying anything like that. But, again, that’s just my opinion and this thread is called “What do you think is the Worst Sideshow Statue?”. This is why I think this is the worst Sideshow statue and can’t help but wonder how it ever got approved. Could I have been more gentle? Certainly. Am I sorry if I hurt the sculptor’s feelings? You bet. Should I lie about how I feel about the piece, though? No way. I hope he/she takes it as a shot in the arm.

In the end it's a just a huge silly-looking bust to me. I could go on about little details about the sculpt, but I don’t think it’s necessary. Only a (really) die-hard Hulk fan will have bought this. I’m pretty sure everybody else here thinks this is a stinker too. But again this is my opinion in a thread asking for my opinion.

Ravager
12-09-2010, 12:22 PM
1:1 Hulk bust is a disappointment, better luck next time. Here's a tissue.

tamato
12-09-2010, 12:27 PM
How about Han Solo or Captain Kirk and Spock?!
Yikes!!!!

Ravager
12-09-2010, 12:30 PM
How about Han Solo or Captain Kirk and Spock?!
Yikes!!!!

Bad stuff too:eek: :eek: Need a new Han pronto

Dark Knight66
12-09-2010, 12:34 PM
Hulk pf
Doom Pf
Electra Pf
Logan Pf
Wolverine Comq

Ravager
12-09-2010, 12:35 PM
Hulk pf
Doom Pf
Electra Pf
Logan Pf
Wolverine Comq

:vortex: :vortex: :vortex:

Titanchuck
12-09-2010, 01:13 PM

This story is not true.

:hilarious: :hilarious:

Ink
12-09-2010, 03:10 PM
1:1 Hulk bust is a disappointment, better luck next time. Here's a tissue.

:ignore: :ignore: :ignore:

Ink
12-09-2010, 03:11 PM
Hulk pf
Doom Pf
Electra Pf
Logan Pf
Wolverine Comq

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa394/whatstache/Haters%20Gonna%20Hate/youmustbenewwillywonka.jpg

anakin1138
12-09-2010, 03:59 PM

I have and like the Logan PF.

Mean Green
12-09-2010, 03:59 PM

This story is not true.

If all the animals on the equator were capable of flattery, then Thanksgiving and Halloween would fall on the same date.

A doctor who specializes in skin diseases will dream that he has fallen asleep in front of the television. Later, he will wake up in front of the television, but not remember his dream.

Oh let the sun beat down upon my face, stars to fill my dream. I am a traveler in both time and space, to be where I have been.

Vracula
12-09-2010, 04:24 PM
Hulk pf
Doom Pf
Electra Pf
Logan Pf
Wolverine Comq

lmao!awesome list!

VS1976
12-09-2010, 05:11 PM
http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa394/whatstache/Haters%20Gonna%20Hate/youmustbenewwillywonka.jpg

Or blind???

Spartacus
12-09-2010, 06:14 PM
If all the animals on the equator were capable of flattery, then Thanksgiving and Halloween would fall on the same date.

A doctor who specializes in skin diseases will dream that he has fallen asleep in front of the television. Later, he will wake up in front of the television, but not remember his dream.

Oh let the sun beat down upon my face, stars to fill my dream. I am a traveler in both time and space, to be where I have been.

:vortex: :vortex: :vortex:

kinkyqueen
12-09-2010, 06:24 PM
Or blind???

Or totally not funny

JAWS
12-09-2010, 10:30 PM
Put me down as a Rambo Hater also.

isildur heir
12-09-2010, 10:45 PM
Frodo PF

Dark Knight66
12-09-2010, 11:53 PM
Or blind???

Nah not at all but i do wear glasses what most ppl consider grails i just don't. I never cared for kirby Hulk and i don't care for the way the pose Doom. As for the Wolverine comq that statue is really a joke to me when I look at how awesome the Pf is but thats just my pov.

Dark Knight66
12-09-2010, 11:57 PM

Nah I'm not new I just don't dont post a much as some of the others guys. But thanks for being a clown and saying that just cause I dont fall in line and like what some others do.

Ravager
12-09-2010, 11:58 PM
Nah not at all but i do wear glasses what most ppl consider grails i just don't. I never cared for kirby Hulk and i don't care for the way the pose Doom. As for the Wolverine comq that statue is really a joke to me when I look at how awesome the Pf is but thats just my pov.

Buy better glasses but thats just my pov.

ratchet
12-10-2010, 12:34 AM

Look at DK puttin the smack down!

Dirt Torpedo
12-10-2010, 05:04 AM

I agree with you on everything except the Wolverine. The comiquette is far better than the PF version imho of course.
:thumbs2:

derekrodneysim
12-10-2010, 07:37 AM

I know to each his own, but I say "WHAT??!!" :slapf:

You're a lucky guy cos you're saving a fortune, my friend! I envy that you find it's not tempting :laugh:

Really. :thumbs2:

mattman68
12-10-2010, 08:08 AM
What's with people saying Old Indy. Have you seen it in person? That's easily one of Sideshow's best pf's.

kinkyqueen
12-10-2010, 08:10 AM
If you say so

Sledge Hammer!
12-10-2010, 08:18 AM
What's with people saying Old Indy. Have you seen it in person? That's easily one of Sideshow's best pf's.

Agreed. I think it's mainly because a lot of people didn't like, or were disappointed in the film, but as a translation of the older Indy character it's pretty spot on, and the likeness is superb.

Dark Knight66
12-10-2010, 11:39 AM
I agree with you on everything except the Wolverine. The comiquette is far better than the PF version imho of course.
:thumbs2:

I dont know i just dont like how skinny logan is in comq and to me the base on the Pf is insane l while the comq base is just reg nothing all that great.

HITReza
12-10-2010, 10:25 PM
Rambo PF ... biggest disappointment and worst Statue ever made.

Freon
12-10-2010, 10:28 PM
Leonides... it's like they sucked all the intensity out of him from the movie and replaced it with Jell-o.

Shoo
12-11-2010, 05:08 PM
Hulk 1:1 hands down. If I had it (God forbid), I'd hide it every time I'd have guests at home. It's one thing to spend so much money on statues, but spending it on... that? It's embarrassing to look at. It looks like a 10-year old sculpted it. And a not particularly talented kid at that.

Heck, it makes the Legendary Scale Bust (which I never cared for — did anyone say 'Mister Ed'?) look like a masterpiece.

Sorry, lovers.

A 10 year old? Really?

Hmmm, I understand your concern, but I beg to differ.

I'm not one to usually do such remarks and I would have never said this on a thread devoted to that particular piece, but first off, take a look at the thread title – ‘What do you think is the worst Sideshow statue’. Surely quite a bit of negativity is to be expected, don’t you think? (OK, a lot of negativity from me.) As stated before, any sculptor should think twice about reading this thread if he/she doesn’t have a thick skin.

No, not really. I must admit that was a bit harsh. I may have come across as just disrespectful, but I stand by it. Mostly. A 15 year old would have been more like it. I mean, at that age, a talented boy/girl would be experienced enough to produce a nice looking piece, which is not what I’d call that 1:1 Hulk. Come on, take a look at the 1:1 Thor. Now look at the Hulk. Now look at the Thor. Now look at the Hulk.

The features on that Hulk couldn’t have been more plain or elementary. As I implied, I don’t like the teeth on the Legendary Scale 1:2 Bust, but I can appreciate the piece as a whole, as a detailed (yes, detailed) rendition of an angry Hulk. This Hulk here, though, just conveys silliness to me. He desperately tries to be menacing, but to me it’s just a head that wouldn’t have looked out of place on a Heroclix figure. That’s a caricature-looking Hulk. Hardly what I would want on a huge 1:1 scale bust dominating my room.

One can argue that the Hulk PF looks somewhat as primitive as this, but while that piece makes me think about a giant powerhouse of a mindless beast, all the 1:1 bust reminds me of is a child in a tantrum.

Admittedly, I should have elaborated a bit more on my argument, and I understand how someone may have found that offensive, but, really, the hackneyed 'can you do it better’ is not that valid a point either. I can’t play the guitar but I can tell when someone plays out of tune. And moreover, I’m not the one being paid for it. Still, I know your point was a direct reaction to my equally simplified statement, so let’s not go there.

It all comes down to personal tastes, of course, but this has been the most ridiculed piece I remember (he’s clearly in the lead for the worst piece of the year on another forum I hang around), and rightly so, imo. There’s a reason why so many people call it the Grinch, for Christ’s sake.

I don’t expect every sculptor to be like, say, Tim Miller, but the way I see it, whoever did this needs to improve a lot on his/her skills if he/she wants to make a living out of it. I for one won’t be buying anything like that. But, again, that’s just my opinion and this thread is called “What do you think is the Worst Sideshow Statue?”. This is why I think this is the worst Sideshow statue and can’t help but wonder how it ever got approved. Could I have been more gentle? Certainly. Am I sorry if I hurt the sculptor’s feelings? You bet. Should I lie about how I feel about the piece, though? No way. I hope he/she takes it as a shot in the arm.

In the end it's a just a huge silly-looking bust to me. I could go on about little details about the sculpt, but I don’t think it’s necessary. Only a (really) die-hard Hulk fan will have bought this. I’m pretty sure everybody else here thinks this is a stinker too. But again this is my opinion in a thread asking for my opinion.

Been thinking this over. As I said, that remark wasn't like me, and in spite of what I said later —make that a late teenager, btw—, that was still uncalled for and quite asinine indeed, so I apologize.

GUILTY GEAR
12-11-2010, 05:53 PM
EMMA PF.....:confused2

Spazzy
12-11-2010, 06:18 PM
With the right amount of touch up emma comes out nice, don't like Elektra pf, logan pf or Green Goblin (and I am a huge gobby fan)

kinkyqueen
12-12-2010, 02:07 AM
Don't like the Green Goblin PF!!??

Fremen
12-12-2010, 02:13 AM
I love the green goblin pf. Looks great on top pf my detolf.

Spazzy
12-12-2010, 12:20 PM
I don't like it at all, waiting for a badass comiquette!

VS1976
12-12-2010, 12:24 PM
I don't like it at all, waiting for a badass comiquette!

Only if they have GORE design it and make it a1:4 scale to go with Spidey, Carnage and Venom comiquettes.

Darth Pain
12-12-2010, 12:34 PM

Me too!

It's the best Goblin made. The only thing I think could be improved, is the color matching of the cloth.
I'll buy the comiquette when it comes out. To go with the Hobgoblin. I know it will be a badass piece but, it'll be in 1/5th scale to go with Hobgoblin. Mark my words. So, don't get your hopes up to display the GG comiquette with the Spidey trio.

FROBAY
12-12-2010, 12:51 PM

WOW, I love this PF, The sculpt is tight, whats not to like. It is amazing.

http://i740.photobucket.com/albums/xx42/FROBAY/G4.jpg

kinkyqueen
12-12-2010, 01:37 PM

Totally agree mylady

Darth Pain
12-12-2010, 01:39 PM
An awesome sculpt and it's in scale with the Spidey,Venom and Carnage set.
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w244/wighti1/My%20collection/DSC01001.jpg

ratchet
12-12-2010, 01:40 PM
WOW, I love this PF, The sculpt is tight, whats not to like. It is amazing.

http://i740.photobucket.com/albums/xx42/FROBAY/G4.jpg

The sculpt is tight - but the sparkly fabric makes him look like he's getting ready to go raving in a gay bar...

VS1976
12-12-2010, 01:42 PM
The sculpt is tight - but the sparkly fabric makes him look like he's getting ready to go raving in a gay bar...

It is too shiny for my taste too.

FROBAY
12-12-2010, 01:47 PM
An awesome sculpt and it's in scale with the Spidey,Venom and Carnage set.
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w244/wighti1/My%20collection/DSC01001.jpg

Awesome.

Ravager
12-12-2010, 01:50 PM

It is too shiny for my taste too.

I concur.

chezzrok
12-12-2010, 02:00 PM
face is TOO big for my taste

Spazzy
12-12-2010, 04:10 PM
Leonides... it's like they sucked all the intensity out of him from the movie and replaced it with Jell-o.

You must not own this one, and if you do you don't have the exc.

Spazzy
12-12-2010, 04:13 PM
Everything I DON'T like is in that close up, face looks horrible, hate the warts, material way too shiny, pose can work, but too many wrongs with it.

Not a fan at all!

Matches Malone
12-12-2010, 04:25 PM
The art direction for the X3 Beast comiquette bafffles me to this day. Why they chose to have a hairy blue male superhero in the nude while reading a book is beyond me. It is sculpted well though so my vote for worst goes to the Logan PF.

FROBAY
12-12-2010, 06:44 PM
Everything I DON'T like is in that close up, face looks horrible, hate the warts, material way too shiny, pose can work, but too many wrongs with it.

Not a fan at all!

He is not for everybody, but he is one of my top shelf statues.

Ink
12-12-2010, 06:49 PM
the 1:1 hulk bust is definitely not one of the worst

Spazzy
12-12-2010, 07:32 PM
He is not for everybody, but he is one of my top shelf statues.

it's cool, if you like it you like it, there are many I like but others despise, so far 2-3 have already been listed.

Nitefall
12-12-2010, 07:45 PM
The worst Sideshow statue is the one I really, really wanted but missed out on. Came into the game too late and now it is waaaay beyond my means and damned if I see it anywhere anyhow.

I hate it, I hate it, I hate it. :psycho: :psycho: :psycho:

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

ratchet
12-12-2010, 09:15 PM
the 1:1 hulk bust is definitely not one of the worst

Really? You're the first I've heard defend it! What, IYO, keeps it off the list for the worst?

Freon
12-12-2010, 09:18 PM
I used to own GG, don't remember his outfit being that sparkly, flash might be bringing it out more than is actually there. BTW, GG is one of the finest Marvel PF's to date imo. Everything except the name sculpted into the base.

You must not own this one, and if you do you don't have the exc.

Really? Maybe it is one you have to see in person then. Would've loved to have bought this one (Yanno, if I thought it looked good initially) because I love 300.

Spazzy
12-12-2010, 09:23 PM
The pose is a bit awkward in pics, but in person it looks much better, very well done....can only go witht the helmeted version.