PDA

View Full Version : Christmas & Holiday Beers, wines, cocktails, etc...

protector2814
12-10-2010, 12:40 PM
Ok, so far I've tried the

2010 Anchor Steam Christmas Beer which wasn't very good at all this year. Tasted like a regular nut brown or just brown ale.

Sam Adams Winter Lager - "ehh", nuthin' special this year. Rather bland.

Sam Adams Fezziwig Ale - Now we're talking. Here's a mulled, spicy, Christmas brew. Quite good.

Sam Adams Holiday Porter - Once again, Sammy hits one out of the park.

Samuel Smith's Winter Welcome Ale - Quite spicy and you can certainly taste the nutmeg & cinnamon. Very seasonal & fun.

Guinness Foreign Extra Stout - Wow, maybe I'm still under it's spell, but this is the best stout I've ever drunk. If you see it, grab it 'cause I don't think it's gonna be around for that long.

Evan Williams Eggnog - A bottled eggnog with Evan Williams Bourbon already added. Unbelievebly tasty! This eggnog rocks. The bourbon isn't heavy so light-weights will be fine. In fact, you may wanna add a pinch or two more.

As far as Christmas & Holiday cocktails go, I've finished my list. Here's the link if your looking for something to shake up this month -

http://www.mr-booze.com/2010/11/23/mr-booze-christmas-cocktails-2010/

What are you drinking for the holidays?

twinzs
12-12-2010, 06:53 PM
Great winter beers-

celebration ale by sierra nevada

Winter abby ale by blue moon

Brrr by Widmer

I mainly switch between the winter abby and the celebration

protector2814
12-17-2010, 10:15 PM
Made "from scratch" Rum Balls tonight for a "Mad Men" style Christmas cocktail party my wife and I are throwing tomorrow night. Tasty, but don't eat my balls and drive, that's all I gotta say.

Sport Jackets required for the fellas. I'm going old-school with a Fish House Punch, a cider cocktail, Manhattans, Martinis, etc... Also, plenty of unique, nonalcholic drinks for the DD's, Hors D' oeuvres, etc...

The music will all be pre-1965 Christmas fare. This one should be good.