PDA

View Full Version : Aphrodite IX by Clayburn Moore.

Tetragrammaton
06-15-2005, 03:52 PM
Aphrodite IX Statue
Released by: Moore Creations Aug 2001
Sculptured by: Clayburn Moore
Based on designs by:
Material: Cold Cast Porcelain
Limited to 4.000
Original retail price: USD 175

The mysterious Aphrodite IX, dressed to kill in bandoleer, armored boots, and mini-skirt. 12” tall.

Never really paid much attention to this statue as I know nothing about the character. Did notice that it tends to show up regularly in peoples top pieces in their collections. The clearer pictures from its current auction on E-bay show me why.

BobaFett02
06-15-2005, 03:58 PM
This is my MOST WANTED Statue!.... but being in the UK it costs a absolute fortune to get hold of..

any donations?

Statuesmatchoos
06-15-2005, 04:05 PM
Thanks for posting this for me Frank! :)

comicbkguy
06-15-2005, 04:34 PM
Oh man this brings back bad memories. This was the first full sized piece I molded and cast. It was a disaster. I know she is beautiful and all, but it just looks like a disaster to me. Thanks to my lack of experience there is a pretty major flaw on this piece, but I have never heard anyone mention it. Anyone care to guess what it is? Had nothing to do with Clay, it was all in the way I handled the casting. Also we thinned out the skirt so that it was nice and light and flowing, then the factory went back in and added a bunch of material so that it was nice and clunky again. Just little things that still drive me crazy, they shouldn't affect what you guys think of her at all.

Weapon X
06-15-2005, 04:40 PM
I like this one..........:buttrock: I wouldn't mind having it in my collection.

Wicked
06-15-2005, 04:57 PM
My one came from the same seller. I also have one of three of these pieces. This is one awesome statue. The paint job on this piece is one of the best.

Supple69
06-15-2005, 05:02 PM
Oh man this brings back bad memories. This was the first full sized piece I molded and cast. It was a disaster. I know she is beautiful and all, but it just looks like a disaster to me. Thanks to my lack of experience there is a pretty major flaw on this piece, but I have never heard anyone mention it. Anyone care to guess what it is? Had nothing to do with Clay, it was all in the way I handled the casting. Also we thinned out the skirt so that it was nice and light and flowing, then the factory went back in and added a bunch of material so that it was nice and clunky again. Just little things that still drive me crazy, they shouldn't affect what you guys think of her at all.
You've got me intrigued, what's the major flaw. I have that piece in my office and it looks like perfection to me. Easily the best comic book statue I've ever seen.

Gir
06-15-2005, 05:26 PM
Sweet statue...is the comic any good?

Twoguns-Crowley
06-15-2005, 05:54 PM
Umm....her butt is too perfect!

BobaFett02
06-15-2005, 06:21 PM
go on tell us.... i couldnt guess. i spent ages looking at the pics.. and all i see is something i cannot afford and want really bad! : :banghead: :banghead:

Twoguns-Crowley
06-15-2005, 06:28 PM
go on tell us.... i couldnt guess. i spent ages looking at the pics.. and all i see is something i cannot afford and want really bad! : :banghead: :banghead:
Same here! My untrained eyes doesn't see anything except a statue I would like to see on my shelf.

mitthrawnuruondo
06-15-2005, 07:28 PM
WOW i am awed,that is freaking amazing,sweet,now i must find one. i remember the comic ,wow was that book ever delayed.by the time issue 2 showed up i forgot i was reading the series.but that statue is a work of art. :buttrock:

BobbyW
06-15-2005, 07:34 PM
I love this statue and it's one of my all time favorites! I bought mine from Paul and received #5. I'm hoping Clayburn Moore will release more full-sized statues that match the beauty of this one :buttrock:

nexus
06-15-2005, 08:23 PM
I got sniped on this one about a year ago for $277 within the last minute. If I ever find the #$@%^ that did it :stick:

I think it's around $600 or so these days. I was worried about the wife seeing this one come in anyway. We'll get around to it eventually. :buttrock:

Rogue
06-15-2005, 10:39 PM
It's a beautiful statue! :)

leks
06-16-2005, 09:31 AM

Wow after reading this I am actually relieved now I don't own this baby. Iam going to take her off my list asap. Haha you suckers pay top dollar for a faulty statue, man that's just... :banghead:

Now let's wait and see if someone falls for this and sells me one for cheap :confused2

BobaFett02
06-16-2005, 09:52 AM
haha Nice one Leks

Collection King 13
06-16-2005, 10:10 AM
I like this one also!!!

Supple69
06-18-2005, 01:23 PM

You sure you're not reeling us in? I have now spent the last couple of days looking at this statue very closely and I can't see anything wrong with it. In fact the more I study it the more I appreciate the work that went into it.

mitthrawnuruondo
06-22-2005, 06:55 PM
holy cow,i was in the running till the last 10 minutes.thats a lot of dough :)

COI
06-22-2005, 08:45 PM
holy cow,i was in the running till the last 10 minutes.thats a lot of dough :)

Yep, and I happily forked it over. As I said on another thread, if you think that's high, you don't want to know what my full bid was. It was downright insane, but I had to lock this one up.

Wooktroop
06-22-2005, 09:53 PM
nice skirt!
siihb?

stormshadow007
06-22-2005, 11:24 PM
Yes, this one is a real sexy statue. The green hair, eyes, lips, and fingernails add an Anime-like look to it. The gratuitous butt shot was distracting at times. I remember getting mine for around $160 shipped a few years ago. I even thought of getting another one coz' the statue was so gorgeous. Now, I'm beating myself for selling it a year after I got it w/o thinking..... :banghead: :bawling:

comicbkguy
06-24-2005, 04:41 PM
You sure you're not reeling us in? I have now spent the last couple of days looking at this statue very closely and I can't see anything wrong with it. In fact the more I study it the more I appreciate the work that went into it.

No, I'm serious. I just did another master casting of her for Clay. I think he is either going to have it cast as a bronze or a limited run AP similar to what he just did with the Savage Dragon bust. That casting is much better and you might be able to see the difference. Unfortunately it was the last semi-decent casting out of that mold which is now out of commission.

TN Reptile
06-24-2005, 04:58 PM
It's OK, to me though, I always though she had just pooted.

mitthrawnuruondo
06-24-2005, 08:00 PM
wow,i would buy an ap in a heartbeat.fingers crossed :)

No, I'm serious. I just did another master casting of her for Clay. I think he is either going to have it cast as a bronze or a limited run AP similar to what he just did with the Savage Dragon bust. That casting is much better and you might be able to see the difference. Unfortunately it was the last semi-decent casting out of that mold which is now out of commission.

jhownz
06-25-2005, 02:45 AM
wow,i would buy an ap in a heartbeat.fingers crossed :)

same here! I'm hoping for an AP run.. :)

Jerseydevil
06-25-2005, 11:11 AM
Man, sign me up in a freakin' minute for a bronze or (hopefully) an AP. Thanks for the good news, Comicbkguy. Any word on a timetable? I'd kill to get my hands on one of these.

X5.
08-28-2005, 03:08 PM
I really need to buy this statue!
This statue rules bigtimeeeee. :buttrock:
:mad: I can't find it anywhere anymore for sale...

nexus
08-28-2005, 04:23 PM
Just won this one off ebay. It is a fantastic piece, but gotta hide it on a back shelf. :)

boondocksaint
08-28-2005, 04:25 PM
Just won this one off ebay. It is a fantastic piece, but gotta hide it on a back shelf. :)

how much? i reallllly like this piece!

X5.
08-28-2005, 05:36 PM
Yeah, i really like this statue too...

Can't find it on E-bay anymore tough. :rolleyes2

Somebody know where i can still buy this statue, pls helpppp!! :banghead: :banghead:

ickwinzs
08-28-2005, 05:44 PM
Mine should be here in a couple of days!!

Ghost
08-28-2005, 05:47 PM
I'll wait until Clay rereleases the APs, I'll be sure to nab this one even possibly the Magdalena one as well!

nexus
08-28-2005, 07:22 PM
I'll wait until Clay rereleases the APs, I'll be sure to nab this one even possibly the Magdalena one as well!

:banghead: The APs were announced right after I bought this one off ebay. Which ran me a little over $400. It actually seems like a bit of a slap in the face to re-release these, but what can you do? If the AP is not much different from the original, and costs around $200 or so it'll just seem like a grab for easy money. He should at least make them quite distince like Aspen did with the Soulfire platinum (and like BD is doing with Angel red, Wolvie TS, IF red, etc), so collectors could preserve the value of their original investment and have the option of owning both.

Daredevil
08-28-2005, 07:23 PM
when and where can we preorder the APs?

boondocksaint
08-28-2005, 07:45 PM
when and where can we preorder the APs?

yes does anyone have the info on this??? :)

COI
08-28-2005, 07:48 PM
yes does anyone have the info on this??? :)

Keep checking Clay's site for updates.

I was lucky enough to get the Factory counter-sample of this statue from Clay's brother, complete with a killer paint job, so I'm set with this statue. :buttrock:

wyattburp
08-28-2005, 08:18 PM
ok...I'm dumb...what does AP mean? And where is Clayburn's website?

Thanks for helping out your local retard...

Gir
08-28-2005, 08:47 PM
Asking questions doesn't make you dumb or a retard.

AP means Artist's Proof, which can mean a variety of things. Here's a quote from a member of this forum who used to work for Palisades and now works for Master Replicas...

APs are just extra statues run off the line and numbered differently by the company. These statues are generally not for sale and given out to employees, friends in the industry, etc. Also, in the companies I've worked for typically we make 60-120 artist proofs per statue (not 5-7). APs are NOT hand made by the sculpters and are NOT made before the regular line...APs may come off the assembly line first but they may also come off last. No one but the people working at the factory in China know. APs are often times valued higher than regularly numbered items...

Once in a while, Artist's Proofs do come straight from the artist though. In this case, Moore Studios is basically doing a second production run of a couple statues that were very well received after their first production run. The statues will feature a few (probably very minor) changes. Here's the website...

http://csmoorestudio.com/index.htm

Tetragrammaton
08-28-2005, 08:59 PM

I was lucky enough to get the Factory counter-sample of this statue from Clay's brother, complete with a killer paint job, so I'm set with this statue. :buttrock:

Yes, I distinctly remember being left in the dust on that auction. You ended up paying far more than I would ever have been willing to, but it was a sweet paint job on one hell of a sculpt!

The AP question must be the most frequently asked on the forum. We need a FAQ area.

I am hoping the new AP are different from the originals for both Maggie and Aphrodite!

Ghost
08-28-2005, 09:03 PM
:banghead: The APs were announced right after I bought this one off ebay. Which ran me a little over $400. It actually seems like a bit of a slap in the face to re-release these, but what can you do? If the AP is not much different from the original, and costs around $200 or so it'll just seem like a grab for easy money. He should at least make them quite distince like Aspen did with the Soulfire platinum (and like BD is doing with Angel red, Wolvie TS, IF red, etc), so collectors could preserve the value of their original investment and have the option of owning both.

I can understand where the original owners would feel, but the talk here is that these 2 pieces will be better and improved resculpted versions of Maggie and Aphrodite, saying these will be better castings then the originals. So I guess this is worth the wait.

COI
08-28-2005, 10:14 PM
I am hoping the new AP are different from the originals for both Maggie and Aphrodite!

I shelled out about 1K in total for my Aphrodite FCS, and Magdalena statue before these AP's were announced, so I feel a little ticked off. Not so much with the Aphrodite because mine is very unique, but more so with the Mags. I respect Clayburn Moore as being one of the best sculptors out there, but this whole thing is a perfect example of what ticks me off in this hobby. Everyone was saying in the Bowen section that they would be ticked off if bowen released re-casts of older statues, and this is no different. It's a cash grab, nothing more, and it de-values these pieces for those who were willing to pay market value to get them for their collections.

nexus
08-28-2005, 10:15 PM

Pix? Hoping to see how different it might be.

COI
08-28-2005, 10:24 PM
Pix? Hoping to see how different it might be.

I could never take pics with my digital camera that would do it justice.....

Luckily, Paul Moore is a professional photographer, and takes studio pics of all his auctions.

Here are the pics he took of the actual statue. They look like stock images, but are actual pics of the piece I own.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/captain_of_industry/aphrodite9statue.jpg

Sskaaar
08-28-2005, 10:31 PM
I could never take pics with my digital camera that would do it justice.....

Luckily, Paul Moore is a professional photographer, and takes studio pics of all his auctions.

Here are the pics he took of the actual statue. They look like stock images, but are actual pics of the piece I own.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/captain_of_industry/aphrodite9statue.jpg
can you just tell us by highlighting the difference i.e. darker color on some area or lighter or maybe a change of color even just a tadbit difference.

COI
08-28-2005, 10:41 PM
can you just tell us by highlighting the difference i.e. darker color on some area or lighter or maybe a change of color even just a tadbit difference.

It's very hard to explain for 2 reasons: I'm not an artist, so I don't know how to properly explain subtle differences in paint, texture, etc....
And I don't have a regular piece to put side by side and compare it to.

The best way to explain it is that the piece just looks more "alive" and vibrant than the average statue. Her skin has a tone to it, with some areas being darker than others, giving it a very realistic look.

Collection King 13
08-29-2005, 09:10 AM
This is one great statue! I'm glad I purchased one!

nexus
08-29-2005, 09:25 AM
Well, looks like may end up with 2. At least I never bought any of the others that will have "APs".

rychehitman
08-29-2005, 09:45 AM
Well, I checked Moore's site, but i can't find any mention of the the A-IX AP.

Does anyone have any solid information on these in regards to order date?

If i did own one, I would be pretty hacked off if this is a straight re-issue with no clear cut differences.

Gir
08-29-2005, 10:14 AM
Well, I checked Moore's site, but i can't find any mention of the the A-IX AP.

Does anyone have any solid information on these in regards to order date?

If i did own one, I would be pretty hacked off if this is a straight re-issue with no clear cut differences.

If you click on the Top Cow link, it says:

Witchblade Statue
In Stores Winter 2006
More information coming soon!

Original Witchblade Statue Bronze
Information coming soon!

Aphrodite IX Artist's Proof Edition
Information coming soon!

Magdalena Artist's Proof Edition
Information coming soon!

rychehitman
08-29-2005, 11:16 AM
see, i AM an idiot! :banghead:

Tetragrammaton
08-29-2005, 02:12 PM
Nah... it has been my experience that the true idoits never realize it for themselves.

Besides your a BRB fan, a sign of taste and higher intellect!

MoochRex
09-01-2005, 09:56 AM
Aphrodite IX was always a statue I regretted not picking up when I had the chance when it was issued. I'm happy to hear about an AP! I'll finally have a chance to own it without paying a small fortune on an Ebay auction.

MMMMRitz
09-01-2005, 10:39 AM
I had this statue, nice looking statue, but actually looks better in the pics than real life...IMO

P1X4R
09-01-2005, 10:47 PM
i'm looking forward to the Aphrodite AP statue!

pics of the original.. please, anyone?

rychehitman
09-05-2005, 01:06 PM
Tetra, thanks for the kind words.....P1x4R, check out the pics on page one....

$522 with two hours to go? I have not seen one go this high ever!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6558285271&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

That's not OUR cage that is the high bidder now, is it?

Jerseydevil
09-06-2005, 02:20 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6558285271&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I contacted the seller on this auction, too. The statue didn't even come with the box.

P1X4R
09-06-2005, 09:24 AM

nice! i'll wait till the AP comes out.

Collection King 13
09-06-2005, 09:58 AM
WOW! $522.... Thats nuts!

nexus
09-06-2005, 06:00 PM
Hmm, maybe I'll flip the one we just got for a tidy profit then buy the AP :buttrock:

Bullseye
09-09-2005, 03:20 PM
Just picked this up in Dallas. Awesome statue.

bat_collector
09-09-2005, 03:35 PM
and you got it cheap! :buttrock:

Sskaaar
09-09-2005, 04:14 PM

how much?

Sskaaar
09-09-2005, 04:42 PM
never mind, saw how much it was on the other thread.

Collection King 13
09-09-2005, 10:47 PM
How much was it?

Ish
09-09-2005, 10:51 PM
not familiar with the character, but she's sexy, would get her.

ickwinzs
09-09-2005, 11:01 PM
How much was it?
he got it for 250!!

Ish
09-09-2005, 11:04 PM
he got it for 250!!
wow, i'll pass.

ickwinzs
09-09-2005, 11:26 PM
wow, i'll pass.
mine was 370

Juggernaut
09-10-2005, 06:35 AM
Moore is going to release another one of these right?

Is it an AP version or Another Sculpt Or Paintjob?

Ghost
09-10-2005, 06:36 AM
I don't mind the exclusivity or the value of the original piece much over the rerelease of the AP. It's a great sculpted piece, and I'd be happy to own either or.

Collection King 13
09-10-2005, 10:21 AM
I paid $350 for mine... Last one on eBay went for $522!

wyattburp
09-10-2005, 11:01 AM
yeah, that last one must have been a fluke auction...I was pissed...I wanted it bad! still do, still looking!

Chimes
09-17-2005, 11:48 AM
I could have got this piece at ebay at just above $400 a few months back, but did not bid higher 'cos I wanted to save that couple of dollars.

Now I have to pay $100 more just to secure the piece. Dammit! :banghead:

Collection King 13
09-17-2005, 03:30 PM
One sold last night for $510.

Chimes
09-18-2005, 11:03 AM
One sold last night for $510.

That's mine. :buttrock:

ickwinzs
09-18-2005, 11:08 AM
hell I would have sold mine for 500.!!

Chimes
09-18-2005, 11:10 AM
hell I would have sold mine for 500.!!

At the price you paid for it, you should! :eplus2:

Now there is another piece on ebay on a 9-day listing. Let's see how much it will eventually fetch.

JSA
09-28-2005, 11:02 AM
Wow! I'm gonna be glued to the site for the AP's of Aphrodite and Magdalena.

ESPECIALLY the Magdalena. WOW!

I hope you guys know how much your great information is costing me!!! :banghead:

JS ;) :D

Tetragrammaton
11-10-2005, 03:45 PM
Bumping for any and all new info on the new APs of Aphrodite IX and Magdalena.

Moore site appears down. I hope these two projects are still in the works.

Bullseye
11-10-2005, 04:23 PM
I hope the AIX AP is dropped. This is total lack of respect for those who have bought the original. I have no objection to AP's released at the same time.

wyattburp
11-10-2005, 05:05 PM
It's still being planned as far as Moore's website is concerned (the site was up earlier this morning...)

I can't wait to see pics...I don't have the original, so the AP is my best bet to get one (or pay out the arse on ebay)

Tetragrammaton
11-10-2005, 05:09 PM
I do not understand the "lack of respect" angle.

My assumption is that both these AP's would be in someway different from the originals.

Is Bowen's, for example, plans for re-visit sculpts for Cap disrespectful of those who have the original?

While I can totally understand why someone who shelled out major bucks for an Aphrodite IX statue on the secondary market would be upset, a new statue does little to take away from his statue.

Bullseye
11-10-2005, 05:12 PM
But thats the point. The value of mine will be much less just because they want to make a few more bucks out of the character.

Tetragrammaton
11-10-2005, 05:14 PM
Have there been examples of the value of a statue dropping due to a new sculpt being offered? I can see the value of the first one going both ways depending on demand for the new one.

Collection King 13
11-10-2005, 05:15 PM
Thats a great point Bulls.. I have been thinking about selling mine just to wait for the AP version... What I think they should do is make an entirely new sculpt like they did for Kabuki....

Tetragrammaton
11-10-2005, 05:17 PM
New sculpt all the way. No one loses this way. Those who have the original retain their value, those who missed out the first time get their chance to buy a favorite character at retail, and the sculptor makes his money regardless.

Bullseye
11-10-2005, 05:20 PM
Thats a great point Bulls.. I have been thinking about selling mine just to wait for the AP version... What I think they should do is make an entirely new sculpt like they did for Kabuki....

I agree CK. I'd be all for it then. I'd also buy one. :)

wyattburp
11-10-2005, 06:09 PM
Well if they made a new sculpt, then I'd have to get both! :)

Statuesque Fellow
11-11-2005, 06:02 PM
Does anyone even really care about this character?? It was your typical image/top cow throwaway character and series. Like a lot of image titles, 3 issues came out and it disapeared. I think Finch drew the first two and the third was drawn by some hack, then bang...no more issues materialized.

Collection King 13
11-11-2005, 06:06 PM
Does anyone even really care about this character?? It was your typical image/top cow throwaway character and series. Like a lot of image titles, 3 issues came out and it disapeared. I think Finch drew the first two and the third was drawn by some hack, then bang...no more issues materialized.
Obviously enough people care since the sculpt constantly hits the $450 - $500 range... besides why did you post in this thread to start your BS when its obvious that even collectors on here like the character????

JSA
11-11-2005, 06:26 PM
I don't care about the character necessarily, but I just love the look of the statues.
The Magdalena and Soulfire Grace Statues look fantastic, so if any new statues are
comparable to them, I'll definitely be picking them up.

JS :)

leks
11-11-2005, 06:28 PM
What js said, than again I would never pay what she's going for now.

wyattburp
11-11-2005, 06:57 PM
I totally dug the comics. The statue seems to attract a much wider range of collectors than those that read the comic.

Top Cow would be pretty dumb to not bring her back in some sort of series... she has a pretty good following from the 5-issue series that happened so long ago.

Tetragrammaton
11-11-2005, 07:16 PM
Well, I've never read a single Fathom, Soufire featuring Grace or Aphrodite IX book, but the quality of these statues is what makes me want them.

Statuesque Fellow
11-11-2005, 07:27 PM
Really? One of my requirements is I must like the character. That's one of my own policies/line I draw that keeps me from buying too much.

Gir
11-11-2005, 08:33 PM
Really? One of my requirements is I must like the character. That's one of my own policies/line I draw that keeps me from buying too much.

Me, too...but once in a while I will make an exception. These are pieces of art, and if a statue is really nice, its origins don't matter to me. I don't own Aphrodite IX by the way. I may buy the AP. Depends on what it looks like.

risingstar
11-11-2005, 08:47 PM
The babe statues by Moore tend to do well... Very few statue companies are as able to combine sex appeal, detailed sculpting, and paint jobs in as captivating a manner. In this regard, Moore is superior to BD.

If a babe statue looks good, it'll sell. How good the book is doesn't always play a key role in the sales of the statue. I didn't even know who Magdalena and Aphrodite IX were until I noticed those cool looking sculpts. I liked the Magdalena enough to get it.

I picked up the occasional Magdalena book. Did little for me. However, I still consider the Magdalena one of my favorite looking statues. I can appreciate the artwork of a piece even if the present writers on the book should be writing Power Pack. JMO

COI
11-11-2005, 09:47 PM

For me, It's 90% about the quality of the sculpt. The line I draw is having a high standard for which sculpts I will put into my collection.

JSA
11-11-2005, 10:25 PM
I could care less about the character or what movie/show/comic they were in.

Magdalena - never read the comics.
Draco Statue - Dragonheart movie sucked.
Attakus Hulk Statue - Hulk movie sucked.
Kabuki - never read the comics.
Godzilla - movie wasn't that good

I go only by the beauty of the sculpture in the statue or bust.
If it catches my fancy visually, it'll be in my collection. That is
pretty much my criteria at this point, and I'm MUCH happier for
it, as I only get things that I truly LOVE to look at now.

JS :D

P1X4R
11-11-2005, 11:18 PM
JS, i'm the same way also. i'll buy things that catch my eye.

JSA
11-12-2005, 12:28 PM
It's the only way to go! (for me) I don't buy anything anymore
just to collect a complete line of something, because invariably
there many items in a line that I won't care for. Therefore it makes
no sense to me to spend money on something I wouldn't like, just
to be a completist. It may work for some though - and more power
to them! Do only what YOU like and you'll be a very happy collector.

msw313
11-13-2005, 02:47 AM
I could care less about the character or what movie/show/comic they were in...

...I go only by the beauty of the sculpture in the statue or bust.

I pretty much have to agree. I have in my collection quite a few statues and busts of characters whose books I've never read, just because the pieces are so well rendered.

Ghost
11-13-2005, 04:12 AM
I hope the AIX AP is dropped. This is total lack of respect for those who have bought the original. I have no objection to AP's released at the same time.

Hey hey hey, they announced these APs waaaaay before you hit Dallas. You just should have been patient. Clay even said they were fixing stuff that was wrong with the first one and tweaking other things like stuff that didn't cast well. It's gonna be a much better piece. Tsk tsk, just should have waited :) I can't wait for it to be released.

cblakey1
11-13-2005, 05:01 AM
Hey hey hey, they announced these APs waaaaay before you hit Dallas. You just should have been patient. Clay even said they were fixing stuff that was wrong with the first one and tweaking other things like stuff that didn't cast well. It's gonna be a much better piece. Tsk tsk, just should have waited :) I can't wait for it to be released.

Do you have one of the originals Ghost? There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. It's a great sculpt and I paid top dollar for it with no regrets.

By using the word "tweaked" that tells me there will be something different from the original so the original will not lose it's value. As a collector, I'd much rather have an original with its "flaws" over a re-do any day. That's what makes it collectable. :buttrock:

Out of curiosity though, I'll pick up this "new" one just to say I have it (and because I can :wink2: ). IMO, the first is the best and this recast is just to pad Clay's wallet 'til he secures a decent license and to let the ones who missed the boat the first time around get their hands on one. I seriously doubt though that it will be a much better piece. :laugh:

Jerseydevil
11-13-2005, 01:34 PM
I could care less about the character or what movie/show/comic they were in.

Magdalena - never read the comics.
Draco Statue - Dragonheart movie sucked.
Attakus Hulk Statue - Hulk movie sucked.
Kabuki - never read the comics.
Godzilla - movie wasn't that good

I go only by the beauty of the sculpture in the statue or bust.

I pretty much have to agree. I have in my collection quite a few statues and busts of characters whose books I've never read, just because the pieces are so well rendered.

I agree 100% with you guys. Well said.

Bullseye
11-13-2005, 05:09 PM

Only protecting my investment. :laugh:

Ghost
11-16-2005, 10:09 PM
Do you have one of the originals Ghost? There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. It's a great sculpt and I paid top dollar for it with no regrets.

By using the word "tweaked" that tells me there will be something different from the original so the original will not lose it's value. As a collector, I'd much rather have an original with its "flaws" over a re-do any day. That's what makes it collectable. :buttrock:

I do not have the original, though I've had the chance, it was back in the day before I got into full throttle collecting statues. But I wouldn't have regretted it either. And either way, many of us have said we're in it for the love of these, not the love for the value they carry!

And I completely agree with you C,
the fact that it's stated as tweak and changed a bit, means it's a different statue, albeit a better one(perhaps maybe?) and gives a chance for others to get one at a more available status then the original, which can still be found at a decent price. All statues have flaws, but we love them the way they are, just like our significant others... Oh I don't have one so I can still search for the perfect ones! :P

P1X4R
11-16-2005, 10:53 PM
All statues have flaws, but we love them the way they are, just like our significant others...

so true. :)

COI
11-20-2005, 06:35 PM

Out of curiosity though, I'll pick up this "new" one just to say I have it (and because I can :wink2: ). IMO, the first is the best and this recast is just to pad Clay's wallet 'til he secures a decent license and to let the ones who missed the boat the first time around get their hands on one. I seriously doubt though that it will be a much better piece. :laugh:

I'm probably more heavily invested(financially) in this statue than most of you. I paid $660 for a factory counter-sample of the original from Moore's brother because I love the sculpt so much. I'm a little ticked off about this AP being released, but I don't regret my purchase. What I have is unique, being that there are only a few in existence, and it will remain one of the centerpieces of my collection.

HardHeroine
12-01-2005, 12:02 PM
Hi there!

Does anyone have some news about the recast? Can't find anything on the new Moore page...

Since I had to sell my original Aphrodite IX two years ago :banghead:² I now wonder, if it is worth to buy the one on ebay for example (as a self-christmas-gift ;)) or to wait for a recast.. :confused:

..Sure, there's nothing atop the original, but Aphrodite IX isn't an inexpensive one...so do you have some advice?

COI
12-02-2005, 12:33 AM
Hi there!

Does anyone have some news about the recast? Can't find anything on the new Moore page...

Since I had to sell my original Aphrodite IX two years ago :banghead:² I now wonder, if it is worth to buy the one on ebay for example (as a self-christmas-gift ;)) or to wait for a recast.. :confused:

..Sure, there's nothing atop the original, but Aphrodite IX isn't an inexpensive one...so do you have some advice?

If I didn't have mine, and were in your position, I would wait and see what happens with the AP.