PDA

View Full Version : ARH THOR 1/4th scale!!! Coming next!!!!

Pages : [1] 2

Arahom Radjah
01-08-2011, 03:00 PM
Guys, I have just received some pictures from Alex Pereira of our new Thor 1/4th scale.

I aprooved the pose and the design, but it is still too early in the process to show it. I believe Alex will do some work during this weekend, and I will have the first pictures posted here soon. Not today, maybe tomorrow, but I just want to make it official that our Thor 1/4th is coming!!!

This year of 2011 will be a great year for ARH Studios. A great year indeed!!!!:thumbs2:

PICTURES PAGE 2

El Pulento
01-08-2011, 03:02 PM
Great News!!!!.... Waiting for the pics!!!

Ghost Rider
01-08-2011, 10:12 PM
Great!! I can't wait to see him!

This year of 2011 will be a great year for ARH Studios. A great year indeed!!!!:thumbs2:

And for us! :buttrock:

JadeGiant
01-08-2011, 10:14 PM
You are quite the tease Arahom! Now get with the pics! :laugh:

Arahom Radjah
01-08-2011, 10:46 PM
You are quite the tease Arahom! Now get with the pics! :laugh:

I almost posted what I have now, but since Alex will make some important changes, I rather that you guys see it tomorrow and have the correct first impression, instead of me having to tell about the changes that will be made.

The waiting is surely worth it. I believe this Thor will be great!:buttrock:

JadeGiant
01-08-2011, 11:02 PM
I almost posted what I have now, but since Alex will make some important changes, I rather that you guys see it tomorrow and have the correct first impression, instead of me having to tell about the changes that will be made.

The waiting is surely worth it. I believe this Thor will be great!:buttrock:

cool - tuned in and anxiously awaiting the updated WIPs!:thumbs2:

Tony Coca
01-08-2011, 11:04 PM
tease:stick: :stick:

rychehitman
01-08-2011, 11:06 PM
I hope by "tomorrow" you mean "tomorrow"!

Arahom Radjah
01-08-2011, 11:08 PM
I hope by "tomorrow" you mean "tomorrow"!

Hahah!!! You got me..... But this time I mean tomorrow, TOMORROW!!!! LOL

rychehitman
01-08-2011, 11:09 PM
lol...good man!

Ghost Rider
01-08-2011, 11:20 PM
Wait, here, in Europe is already "tomorrow"

Sneak peek!! :drooling:

Arahom Radjah
01-08-2011, 11:26 PM
Wait, here, in Europe is already "tomorrow"

Sneak peek!! :drooling:

Alex is from there too! Go bug him then!!!! LOL

VS1976
01-09-2011, 12:10 AM
This guys gonna (should) be massive. Can't wait for the preview.

cloakndagger
01-09-2011, 03:17 AM
I dont need to see the preview, book me for one!
Will there be an AP version?

wktf
01-09-2011, 10:25 AM
Isn't today the tomorrow of yesterday? Let's see the pics!! :thumbs2:

VS1976
01-09-2011, 10:41 AM
He has 24 hrs. :)

Ghost Rider
01-09-2011, 11:43 AM
Alex is from there too! Go bug him then!!!! LOL

Yes, we are compatriots

Ummm... I will annoy him in our language! :D

Arahom Radjah
01-09-2011, 12:51 PM
I dont need to see the preview, book me for one!
Will there be an AP version?

No!!! No AP. I can't make AP anymore, but if things change from today to the Summer, I might reconsider since I really enjoy making those AP despite of the hard work.

Arahom Radjah
01-09-2011, 01:02 PM
I just got the second batch of pictures from Alex. There is still a couple of little changes I asked him, but it is looking great!

I'll post pictures as soon as I receive the next ones.

Arahom Radjah
01-09-2011, 01:43 PM
Ok, no more waiting!

This is a VERY early stage in which we just defined the basic shape of the figure. All the armor, details and etc. will still be thoroughly worked on, so nothing that you see now is actually the final look.

The cape is also still not what we want. This is just a very temporary cape that gives us the idea, but it will look different afterwards.

Here I present you guys our Thor 1/4th scale!!! Critics are welcome now, and suggestions, requests and etc... should be made now, NOT after we print it!!!

Thanks,

http://www.arhstatues.com/USA 2011/Thor ARH 05_m.jpg

lord odin
01-09-2011, 01:51 PM
Looks amazing.

Arahom Radjah
01-09-2011, 01:51 PM
Detail of the face so far. More pictures page 2

http://www.arhstatues.com/USA 2011/Thor ARH 05detail.jpg

alcortez
01-09-2011, 02:09 PM
Wow that looks nice.. He looks a lot like marvel's Thor though. I really hope you differentiate the two by giving him red hair instead of blonde.

StatueTank
01-09-2011, 02:17 PM
Looks cool

Wow that looks nice.. He looks a lot like marvel's Thor though. I really hope you differentiate the two by giving him red hair instead of blonde.

Germanic mythology always pictured Thor with blonde hair. It would just be some random viking dude if he gets red hair... :(

VS1976
01-09-2011, 02:25 PM
Wow that's simply stunning. If the armor had a little design to it, it would be perfect. How tall is this? A definite buy for me.

CKinSD
01-09-2011, 04:12 PM
add some embelishment to the chest plate and belt and fix the fingers on the hand holding the hammer. The fingers are to far apart and the pinky finger looks to short. oh the cape tie in points need to be the same width they do not look right either

other than that is looks cool

A Cimmerian
01-09-2011, 04:31 PM
I like it, the pose is better than the Sideshow.

Enomis
01-09-2011, 04:33 PM
Hi,

I really hope you want to create a different from the marvel one, the face is fantastic , but I would like
To have a more "historical" armour ( chest plate and most important the helm : keep the wings but change the design the center helm).
If you do that , i'm ready for
Odin
Loki
And the wolf Fenrir ;)

As last thing I wish put trow an idea ...
A diorama Beowulf Vs Grendel ?
A really dream a good Beowulf far distant
From what seen in the movie :(

Averone
01-09-2011, 04:37 PM
Another great start!

Hair must be blond.

Much, much more details are yet to be added. This is just very early stages.

I have to say this pose knocks both of Sideshows Thors out of the water!

Great work Arahom and Alex P!!

Arahom Radjah
01-09-2011, 05:04 PM
That is why I don't like posting pictures too early.... It seems that most of you don't even read the posts and only look at the pictures!

This is a VERY EARLY stage of the sculpture and things like the armor and details and fingers and all the etc..... WILL STILL BE ADDRESSED!!!

Guys, guys.... Don't you remember of Ares, Athena, Cleopatra and Anubis????

Alex Pereira ALWAYS leaves the "big bang" to the end.... Let's give him time to finish the sculpture. It will not look like MARVEL Thor at all!

We barely set the elements for the sculpture, and only now we will go over each part making it unique! Give us time!!!!

BarryV.
01-09-2011, 05:36 PM
I like it!

ALIMOE27
01-09-2011, 07:50 PM
Looking great

Tony Coca
01-09-2011, 07:53 PM
looks good.only issue i have is that its look is depicted from the marvel character and not the actual Norse God.
Dont use the Helmet with the wings on it dont make him with chainmail and armor make him more viking like.

Ghost Rider
01-09-2011, 08:07 PM
AWESOME!!!

This is the statue of Thor that I always wanted! :buttrock:

I look forward to see how it will progress.

Thank you for the advance!

Conehead
01-09-2011, 09:09 PM
looks cool

Mezzanin9
01-09-2011, 09:23 PM
I LOVEEEEEEEEEE ITTTTTT. KEEP IT THAT WAY. !!!!!! 100percent sure buy it !!!! THANKS for sharing with us arh.....I don't care like marvel or not..this piece will be top of my thor collection :).....keep it the wing on helmet....I ilke it man....

Averone
01-12-2011, 02:25 PM
I LOVEEEEEEEEEE ITTTTTT. KEEP IT THAT WAY. !!!!!! 100percent sure buy it !!!! THANKS for sharing with us arh.....I don't care like marvel or not..this piece will be top of my thor collection :).....keep it the wing on helmet....I ilke it man....

Brother Mezzanin, I just got back from ARH Studios!
This Thor will be amazing!!
We are on a verge of coming aboard with Sideshow!!
They are looking at our products! Who can say that? Who has done this?

ARH Studios is only a few years old yet it has 18 years of history!
Arahom was a pioneer in statue making, a lot of things you see here and now being done by Sideshow and BD was started years ago by Arahom! The very first light up statue was done 11 years ago by Arahom the founder of ARH Studios!
I know we have no licenses yet, but that is just math and time!

With luck and gods blessing you will see me this year in SDCC next to our very first massive statue at Sideshow booth! I have seen it and its just freaking amazing! You dont have to be a fan of Marvel or DC to love these statues!

This is just the beginning! And now I am %100 behind it.

woozie0
01-12-2011, 03:08 PM
Another great start!

Hair must be blond.

Much, much more details are yet to be added. This is just very early stages.

I have to say this pose knocks both of Sideshows Thors out of the water!

Great work Arahom and Alex P!!

Looks cool! Although, regarding pose, I think both of Sideshow's Thors and this all look very similar - hammer in right hand, right arm raised, bases look similar (for the most part, although ARH's base isn't done yet). Other than looking upwards or forwards, I don't see a lot of differences.

Looking forward to seeing armour details though!

Barbarian
01-12-2011, 03:45 PM
Man, this is gonna ROCK!!! This is a must buy for me! NOICE!!! :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

TNovak
01-12-2011, 03:57 PM
I think I will also be getting this one. :wink2:

Alex655321
01-12-2011, 06:59 PM
Arahom was a pioneer in statue making, a lot of things you see here and now being done by Sideshow and BD was started years ago by Arahom! The very first light up statue was done 11 years ago by Arahom the founder of ARH Studios!

I do believe Arahom was the first to have a PF Format as he added Cloth to the Shanna statue many years ago.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l52/alex655321_2006/DSC00551.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l52/alex655321_2006/DSC00555.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l52/alex655321_2006/DSC00553.jpg

and she is pretty big too !
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l52/alex655321_2006/DSC00557.jpg

Nitefall
01-12-2011, 07:46 PM
:buttrock: Must have for me too.

FANTASTIC face and stance.:buttrock:

At 1/4 this will be amazing!:buttrock:

Bullseye
01-12-2011, 07:47 PM
It's a fantastic pose and could be easily displayed in a Marvel setup.

Mezzanin9
01-12-2011, 09:34 PM

With luck and gods blessing you will see me this year in SDCC next to our very first massive statue at Sideshow booth! I have seen it and its just freaking amazing! You dont have to be a fan of Marvel or DC to love these statues!

Congratz to you MY Man Averone,I believe you have seen all the secret projects and many awesome wip statues in arh studios..gosh I envy you ,;p Me and all arh fans around the worlds are always want this arh company become one of the greatest statue makers ..

Right now I think this is just the beggining and arh is on the right track..with ss as distributors now arh even can grow more than before...

Hahaha I'm not a fans of marvel or dc I just fancy thor...hahahha and this thor with rage expression like this...can u imagine standing side by side with leonidas , ares ? If not imagine that...the leonidas I received its strongest statue I've ever have..if you ss collectors or bowen you should buy this than you know what I mean !!!! Ask the one who already have it ...you can feel the leo presence for real man..not just a statue..lol ;p

I think with a great investor like you and master like arahom and alex parreira...and others sculptor who works for arh that I didn't mention here..success are just one step away.....
Keep it up !!!! :)
Ps : any updates thor pics bro ?? Hehehehehe

JadeGiant
01-12-2011, 09:55 PM

Ave - are you and Arahom partners with ARH? You keep saying we - does that mean that you are in business with Arahom and ARH?

Averone
01-12-2011, 10:53 PM
Ave - are you and Arahom partners with ARH? You keep saying we - does that mean that you are in business with Arahom and ARH?

Yes in fact, I have always supported Arahom.
Nothing is finalized yet you dont have to look to hard to know how bad I want this relationship to be fulfilled!
Its a dream, to be able to work alongside one of the best in the industry :thumbs2:

Averone
01-12-2011, 10:57 PM
Congratz to you MY Man Averone,I believe you have seen all the secret projects and many awesome wip statues in arh studios..gosh I envy you ,;p Me and all arh fans around the worlds are always want this arh company become one of the greatest statue makers ..

Right now I think this is just the beggining and arh is on the right track..with ss as distributors now arh even can grow more than before...

Hahaha I'm not a fans of marvel or dc I just fancy thor...hahahha and this thor with rage expression like this...can u imagine standing side by side with leonidas , ares ? If not imagine that...the leonidas I received its strongest statue I've ever have..if you ss collectors or bowen you should buy this than you know what I mean !!!! Ask the one who already have it ...you can feel the leo presence for real man..not just a statue..lol ;p

I think with a great investor like you and master like arahom and alex parreira...and others sculptor who works for arh that I didn't mention here..success are just one step away.....
Keep it up !!!! :)
Ps : any updates thor pics bro ?? Hehehehehe

LOL!
Thank you my man!!
Its guys like you that make me proud to be associated with this place and this hobby! :thumbs2:

Yes I have seen what is next! These first statues are nothing compared to what comes next!

Keep your eyes and ears open, you will see!

"Our" job is not to disappoint the fans and grow the company. Unlike you, I love DC and Marvel! But I grow up reading history books along side my comics!

I love to see these "other" characters come to life as I am sure you do too!

JadeGiant
01-12-2011, 10:58 PM
Yes in fact, I have always supported Arahom.
Nothing is finalized yet you dont have to look to hard to know how bad I want this relationship to be fulfilled!
Its a dream, to be able to work alongside one of the best in the industry :thumbs2:

Confused a little ... you support him as a fan/product purchaser and now you are hoping to be partners with him in his ARH business?

If so, good luck:thumbs2:

Averone
01-12-2011, 11:04 PM
I do believe Arahom was the first to have a PF Format as he added Cloth to the Shanna statue many years ago.

and she is pretty big too !
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l52/alex655321_2006/DSC00557.jpg

Lou, you and I know ARH the man!
He is a pioneer of this hobby!
When I say he was the first to do these things its no lie!!

He has a great mind! Always positive and coming up with great ideas! Its just a challenge trying to keep up with him!

What makes Arahom different is that he has the balls to try something new and is not afraid to fail!
When you see other copying his work, thats when you know how great he really was/is!

His biggest issue was being in Brazil and not having enough money. Now we can have it all!
Its a long journey but we have the capabilities to surpass many of the known companies. You are going to be very pleased.

Overall its really the best thing that can happen to this hobby! Something fresh and new.
Like I was saying, how many Iron mans/Hulk/Supermans can one want?
After a while something new comes along and you say "Oh MY GOD" and its all over, you want more!

Averone
01-12-2011, 11:06 PM
Confused a little ... you support him as a fan/product purchaser and now you are hoping to be partners with him in his ARH business?

If so, good luck:thumbs2:

They say I should have been a politician!
LOL!

I dont mean to confuse you my friend!
YES, I am going for it all! Partner, supporter, collector.

Thank you so much. It means so much to hear it from you!

Mezzanin9
01-13-2011, 02:54 AM
@ave okay enough of the introduction of you heheh show us what you got ?? :)

Statue and Bust
01-13-2011, 04:00 AM
Love it so far!

Averone
01-13-2011, 01:35 PM
@ave okay enough of the introduction of you heheh show us what you got ?? :)

LOL!!

Now you really have to wait!!

Just be patient a little longer! :thumbs2:

TNovak
01-13-2011, 01:44 PM
looks good.only issue i have is that its look is depicted from the marvel character and not the actual Norse God.
Dont use the Helmet with the wings on it dont make him with chainmail and armor make him more viking like.

I don't think he looks too much like the Marvel version and I really like the face and most of the rest. I don't even mind the wings on the helmet but I do agree that an effort should be made to make this closer to the norse legend. I don't know if I like the knee guards or the shin coverings but I know this isn't the final version.

I also hope there isn't any clothing on it. The leather strap on the hammer would be ok I guess but I hope know cloth. I know some people don't mind it and some actually like it but I absolutely hate clothing on statues.

Ghost Rider
01-13-2011, 02:33 PM
Unlike you, I love DC and Marvel! But I grow up reading history books along side my comics!

I love to see these "other" characters come to life as I am sure you do too!

I love reading this, because I also grew up enjoying the books of History and Mythology (and wildlife!) and daydreaming about the illustrations of Ulysses, Achilles, Leonidas, Xenophon, Alexander, Pyrrhus, Hannibal, Spartacus, King Arthur, El Cid, etc ...

So now see these wonderful pictures turned into sculptures, it makes me immensely happy. :buttrock:

Arahom Radjah
01-13-2011, 02:36 PM
I don't think he looks too much like the Marvel version and I really like the face and most of the rest. I don't even mind the wings on the helmet but I do agree that an effort should be made to make this closer to the norse legend. I don't know if I like the knee guards or the shin coverings but I know this isn't the final version.

I also hope there isn't any clothing on it. The leather strap on the hammer would be ok I guess but I hope know cloth. I know some people don't mind it and some actually like it but I absolutely hate clothing on statues.

No cloth whatsoever! It will be 100% sculpted with the exception of the strap on the hammer.

Averone
01-13-2011, 02:40 PM
No cloth whatsoever! It will be 100% sculpted with the exception of the strap on the hammer.

Just like how I like my girl statues!! :buttrock:

We will leave the PF for Sideshow to do!! ;)

A Cimmerian
01-13-2011, 02:42 PM
100% sculpted is way better. Super heroes in pajamas look silly.

Bullvine
01-13-2011, 03:19 PM
Lou, you and I know ARH the man!
He is a pioneer of this hobby!
When I say he was the first to do these things its no lie!!

He has a great mind! Always positive and coming up with great ideas! Its just a challenge trying to keep up with him!

What makes Arahom different is that he has the balls to try something new and is not afraid to fail!
When you see other copying his work, thats when you know how great he really was/is!

His biggest issue was being in Brazil and not having enough money. Now we can have it all!
Its a long journey but we have the capabilities to surpass many of the known companies. You are going to be very pleased.

Overall its really the best thing that can happen to this hobby! Something fresh and new.
Like I was saying, how many Iron mans/Hulk/Supermans can one want?
After a while something new comes along and you say "Oh MY GOD" and its all over, you want more!

Nailed it, a huge void in the statue market is now filled. Enjoy great success ARH!! :thumbs2:

Zorglub
01-13-2011, 04:14 PM
Looks OK but I prefer SS. I might change my mind but I doubt it.

Big Hulk
01-13-2011, 05:01 PM
I would not be surprised if Marvel stops this. I hope not but I have a feeling they might.

Arahom Radjah
01-13-2011, 05:16 PM
I would not be surprised if Marvel stops this. I hope not but I have a feeling they might.

Haha! I would like to see that!

Either you are joking or you have no idea of what copyrights law are. Marvel as powerful as they seem do not own the universe....

VS1976
01-13-2011, 05:23 PM
Haha! I would like to see that!

Either you are joking or you have no idea of what copyrights law are. Marvel as powerful as they seem do not own the universe....

:iagree: :goodpost:

Averone
01-13-2011, 05:39 PM
Looks OK but I prefer SS. I might change my mind but I doubt it.

I'm guessing your a Thor fan!
Well, so am I!!
This version will look fantastic next to any of the other Thor statues from SS!

That's what I'm going to do!
Display them next to each other. If your a fan of Thor this is not to be missed!

Averone
01-13-2011, 05:43 PM

My dear collector,
It's easy to get this Thor mixed up with the Marvel one! But it's not done, just yet!!

It will have sculpted fur and armor, it will look different than Thor of Marvel.

In fact Arahom is right! Thor was taken and converted to Marvel Thor/Ultimate Thor by Marvel!

We are making the original Thor!
They do not and cannot own rights to this

TNovak
01-13-2011, 06:11 PM
And in the useless knowledge department...

Today is "Thursday" which was named so in honor to Thor, (Thor's Day). I know you will think I'm kidding or stupid and it can't possibly be true but it is, look it up. :thumbs2:

Averone
01-13-2011, 06:18 PM
And in the useless knowledge department...

Today is "Thursday" which was named so in honor to Thor, (Thor's Day). I know you will think I'm kidding or stupid and it can't possibly be true but it is, look it up. :thumbs2:

:hilarious:

It's true!
I knew that!

It will be a Thor year this year!

Arahom Radjah
01-13-2011, 06:23 PM
To be honest.... I'm surprised that it took a nobody like me to have the guts to make a statue of Thor that is not Marvel's....

I've been in this business for 17 years, and I have never seen ANYONE producing a sculpture of Thor that is not Marvel's version of him!!!

There are dozens of companies out there producing statues and tons of other "kit" producers that have NEVER taped into this huge potential market that now ARH Studios is exploring!!

Please do not blame me for having the courage to try something new and FREE!!!!! It's been out there for grabs for decades. I just happen to be the first to do it.... If I succeed, others will follow, be sure of that.

This is just the natural course of life!!!:thumbs2:

El Pulento
01-13-2011, 06:35 PM

Why would marvel stop this?.. .they don't own Thor... nobody does..

Barbarian
01-13-2011, 06:43 PM
You know we're going to be in need of an Odin and a Loki with this, right Arahom? :thumbs2:

Arahom Radjah
01-13-2011, 06:50 PM
You know we're going to be in need of an Odin and a Loki with this, right Arahom? :thumbs2:

LOL!!! They will come next too, don't worry. Let's not forget Hercules later on!:thumbs2:

Barbarian
01-13-2011, 06:51 PM
LOL!!! They will come next too, don't worry. Let's not forget Hercules later on!:thumbs2:
NOICE! Good news on all of the above! :buttrock:

Big Hulk
01-13-2011, 07:00 PM

Didn't they stop Bowen from doing Odin?? I'm trying to remember but I thought there was something about that.

Barbarian
01-13-2011, 07:03 PM
Didn't they stop Bowen from doing Odin?? I'm trying to remember but I thought there was something about that.
If I remember correctly, it was because his Odin resembled their comic version of Odin a bit too closely. I think they negotiated a deal and made it happen. I'm glad BD still produced it. It's one of my favorite pieces. Definitely one of BD's best ever! :thumbs2:

Averone
01-13-2011, 07:04 PM
I hope you guys are going to make room on your shelves for all these!!

BTW, Barb...

That's why I love this place, as collectors
We know what we want:thumbs2:

Barbarian
01-13-2011, 07:05 PM
I hope you guys are going to make room on your shelves for all these!!

BTW, Barb...

That's why I love this place, as collectors
We know what we want:thumbs2:
:laugh: Most of the time!

Arahom Radjah
01-13-2011, 07:09 PM

As I said on the Statue Marvels forum... Bowen produces under the Marvel's license, we don't.

Our line of statues has NOTHING to do with Marvel's universe. We produce an entirely different concept that is based on historical and mythological references.

VS1976
01-13-2011, 07:10 PM

The only way they may stop it is the costume. But I don't see any resemblance from ARH to Marvel.

Barbarian
01-13-2011, 07:13 PM
As I said on the Statue Marvels forum... Bowen produces under the Marvel's license, we don't.

Our line of statues has NOTHING to do with Marvel's universe. We produce an entirely different concept that is based on historical and mythological references.
Precisely. If memory serves correctly, I believe Randy was trying to sell his Odin without Marvel's approval and apart from his contract with them. Odin is public domain, yet RB's version was really too much like the Marvel version of him, making his sculpture more resemble something which could be construed as intellectual property.

Mezzanin9
01-13-2011, 08:19 PM
My dear collector,
It's easy to get this Thor mixed up with the Marvel one! But it's not done, just yet!!

It will have sculpted fur and armor, it will look different than Thor of Marvel.

@ ave : FUR ?? Which fur are you reffering , I have the feeling the cape might be made of fur.......I imagine white cape fur. Hehehehe

@ arahom : please do hercules first ...I need hercules in my arh collection

I'm a thor fans but I will definetly buy the movie version which ss making now and the origin of thor made by arh studios...also the marvel version by bd...hehehehe so much spending for thors day !!!!! Hahahahaha nice one bro !!! Now I will keep in mind that every thursday is thors day !!! Hehehhehe

Averone
01-13-2011, 10:14 PM
@ ave : FUR ?? Which fur are you reffering , I have the feeling the cape might be made of fur.......I imagine white cape fur. Hehehehe

I'm a thor fans but I will definetly buy the movie version which ss making now and the origin of thor made by arh studios...also the marvel version by bd...hehehehe so much spending for thors day !!!!! Hahahahaha nice one bro !!! Now I will keep in mind that every thursday is thors day !!! Hehehhehe

Dont worry it will be dead fur he will be wearing!
I had a Thor miniature from Aeroart of Russia once! I will show you! Let me go find the fur! LOL!!

Averone
01-13-2011, 10:27 PM

Big Hulk,

Here is another Thor in my collection.
Yes its from Aeroart of USA!! Made in Russia!
A very famous toy miniature soldiers company.

I assure you our Thor will be 1000x better than this!

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/Collection%20continued/Averones%20Album%20%203/ThorAeroart1.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/Collection%20continued/Averones%20Album%20%203/ThorAeroart4.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/Collection%20continued/Averones%20Album%20%203/ThorAeroart3.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/Collection%20continued/Averones%20Album%20%203/ThorAeroart2.jpg

An NO Marvel has not gone after them!!

Averone
01-13-2011, 10:28 PM

We can make our "Fur" any color we like!!!

But you get the idea of what we mean by "Fur"!!!

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/Collection%20continued/Averones%20Album%20%203/ThorAeroart2.jpg

Averone
01-13-2011, 10:30 PM
Guys if you want to see what Thor looks like you can see Thor here amongst other warriors, yes boys and girls its history and he was a legend and a god!!!

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/Collection%20continued/Averones%20Album%20%203/ThorAeroart5.jpg

Mezzanin9
01-14-2011, 05:37 AM
This figurine thor is cool very original ....but kinda boring..the weakness in original thor is kindaa bit boring...i hope the one arh making now..unique , no boring look and strong indeed..

btw whos the character standing behind the thor the ave ? the one holding spears and fish in topped...
and whos the next standing beside him..the man with the dog..
thaanks bro..

Averone
01-14-2011, 08:17 AM
This figurine thor is cool very original ....but kinda boring..the weakness in original thor is kindaa bit boring...i hope the one arh making now..unique , no boring look and strong indeed..

btw whos the character standing behind the thor the ave ? the one holding spears and fish in topped...
and whos the next standing beside him..the man with the dog..
thaanks bro..

British Celt Chieftain w/Sword?
Germanic Barbarian w/Dragon Flag?
Most of these are from the ancient world.

The Thor I showed to you is boring. I was just giving you an idea of examples of ancient or historic Thor!
You cannot compare what will be ARH Thor to this really. I was showing you the fur as you asked.

Being a 1/4 scale statue, we can have much much more details. In fact you can see some of that already in the pics. The pose for ARH is the best yet.
Like I said its just the start of the digital WIP! Just wait buddy! You will see ;)

warhead
01-16-2011, 11:20 PM
Always loved the aeroart version of Thor, seemed more in line with the mythology for me, was just to small for me to get into, chainmail and fur is a must for Thor and I would go with a hammer like the aeroart version more in line with all the actual Thor symbols and you might want to do without a cape it doesnt really fit in with the mythology unless its like a fur cape, either way I am definately on board for this.

big blue
01-17-2011, 03:16 PM

hercules?? id love that i hope it will be 1/4 scale also, i think il pick up the thor too:thumbs2:

toe
01-17-2011, 05:22 PM
i actually like the pose on this Thor version than any Thor statue I have seen, other than the Koto Thor. Really shows his rage...barbaric rage.

Arahom Radjah
01-17-2011, 06:47 PM
It's not READY yet, but I decided to show some progress on the base idea!

http://www.arhstatues.com/USA 2011/thor base idea.jpg

Arahom Radjah
01-17-2011, 06:49 PM
Once again... It's far away from being ready!! There is still a LOT MORE to do!!!

Please do not think this is it!!!!:stick: !

Barbarian
01-17-2011, 06:54 PM
Is this it?!? :D

Kidding! This is gonna rock so damn hard!!!

:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

Alex655321
01-17-2011, 06:57 PM
Looks good thus far Arahom !

Bullseye
01-17-2011, 07:18 PM
When you post WIPs expect critiques. Good and bad.

Mezzanin9
01-17-2011, 07:27 PM
Arh again thanks for the wip this thread is useless without pics :) ....and this thor reallyyyyyyyy bad ass...........for asgard !!!!!!!!!

Nitefall
01-17-2011, 07:52 PM
Once again... It's far away from being ready!! There is still a LOT MORE to do!!!

Please do not think this is it!!!!:stick: !

Is this it?!? [/B]

Kidding! This is gonna rock so damn hard!!!

:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

Yeah Aarhom, ain't there more....like a lot????:confused:

KIDDING, KIDDING. It is fantastic!:buttrock:

Arahom Radjah
01-17-2011, 08:02 PM
When you post WIPs expect critiques. Good and bad.

Critiques I can handle easily. What I can stand is people thinking the statue is done!!!! :banghead:

Alex Pereira is having a VERY hard time elaborating on the design of this piece. It's taking more time to decide what we want and don't want than actually sculpting it!!! LOL

VS1976
01-17-2011, 08:07 PM
Man I really like were this is going. Looks great so far. The details on those feathers already is top notch. :buttrock:

Averone
01-17-2011, 08:19 PM
You guys are sooo funny!

Averone
01-17-2011, 08:30 PM
Man I really like were this is going. Looks great so far. The details on those feathers already is top notch. :buttrock:

We are not yet complete!
Its all about the details, one of the differences in sculpts and WIPs of ARH vs other companies is that you will see a ton of details on the digital sculpts.

VS1976
01-17-2011, 08:38 PM
We are not yet complete!
Its all about the details, one of the differences in sculpts and WIPs of ARH vs other companies is that you will see a ton of details on the digital sculpts.

:stick: I know Alex :p I can already imagine how great its going to me :thumbs2:

Mezzanin9
01-17-2011, 09:18 PM
More more more ....arh what about the ares...have you print it ? We need to see it painted ??

Arahom Radjah
01-17-2011, 11:55 PM
More more more ....arh what about the ares...have you print it ? We need to see it painted ??

My friend,

Ares will come in the Summer! We gotta wait, but it will come for sure.

Mezzanin9
01-18-2011, 12:16 AM
alright bru thanks for the reply...somthing black , red and gold combination on ares armors will be killer piece.trust me heheh :) ...anyway what is theme of thor armor is that nordic simbol or what ? and the cape is final ?

Zorglub
01-19-2011, 05:06 PM
How big will be Ares? And what approximative price?

Averone
01-19-2011, 05:26 PM
How big will be Ares? And what approximative price?

Ares will be 1/4!

Price is yet to be determined but I imagine it to be less than $400.00, and that is the high estimate.

This is going to be yet another massive ARH with a ton of details on the armor!

TNovak
01-19-2011, 05:36 PM
Ares will be 1/4!

Price is yet to be determined but I imagine it to be less than $400.00, and that is the high estimate.

:eek:

StatueTank
01-19-2011, 06:00 PM
Ares will be 1/4!

erm 400? I'm guessing it will be more like half that price... judging from the prices of other ARH 1/4's.

Averone
01-19-2011, 06:14 PM
:eek:

erm 400? I'm guessing it will be more like half that price... judging from the prices of other ARH 1/4's.

NO! NO!! :sos:

LOL

Im sure its much less!! I SAID LESS THAN (<)!!!
What did I say! Its yet to be determined!!
Why is it you guys always read too much into this? :confused:

As most of Sideshows 1/4 it will be comparable in price. I was considering shipping costs also factored into this!

Arahom Radjah
01-19-2011, 06:58 PM
Ares will be 1/4!

$400!!!! Averone!!! Are you trying to scare away our customers?!?!?!?

Never use round numbers!!! You have to say $399!!!:hilarious:

Seriously... It will be around same price as Sideshow 1/4th.

Averone
01-19-2011, 07:34 PM
$400!!!! Averone!!! Are you trying to scare away our customers?!?!?!?

Never use round numbers!!! You have to say $399!!!:hilarious:

Seriously... It will be around same price as Sideshow 1/4th.

Am I getting too greedy already!! :muahaha:

For the love of god! I didnt mean to scare away the guys!! :sos:
Please come back! :waah:

Mezzanin9
01-19-2011, 10:32 PM
mm...not agree...arh statues should be cheaper than ss...not because arh statues quality is lower than ss..but i just think than we need some better option here...price is the factors...

Averone
01-19-2011, 10:39 PM
mm...not agree...arh statues should be cheaper than ss...not because arh statues quality is lower than ss..but i just think than we need some better option here...price is the factors...

We hope to have them cheaper. But we will be producing as in the same factories as Sideshow, so for that size and quality it will be comparable price to Sideshow pieces at 1/4

A Cimmerian
01-19-2011, 11:50 PM
They can be cheaper, if there is no license to pay.

Arahom Radjah
01-20-2011, 02:08 AM
They can be cheaper, if there is no license to pay.

We pay no licenses, but we sell a lot less too!
Before you guys pass judgment on what is right or wrong, don't forget to consider all variables!! :thumbs2:

Arahom Radjah
01-20-2011, 02:14 AM
We hope to have them cheaper. But we will be producing as in the same factories as Sideshow, so for that size and quality it will be comparable price to Sideshow pieces at 1/4

Don't hope to have them cheaper because we won't! Our price is fair, and it's the same price of the market. Licenses don 't make a statue better or worse. Licenses cost money, but they also guarantee a lot more sales, so the overall cost of licensed statues is actually lower than ours!

Just think before you say things!!!

Averone
01-20-2011, 03:42 AM
Don't hope to have them cheaper because we won't! Our price is fair, and it's the same price of the market. Licenses don 't make a statue better or worse. Licenses cost money, but they also guarantee a lot more sales, so the overall cost of licensed statues is actually lower than ours!

Just think before you say things!!!

Yes, Arahom. Absolutly correct. I think my words about the price got twisted out of context!

I was merely saying that the price would be cheaper than the $400 said earlier as an example.
The fact that it is unlicensed as you said does not equate in this formula.
As you have said, and many here know a licence does not guarantee a quality product. Licences do allow for higher sales and lower overall costs.
I things everyone is happy we are trying something new and they will see the value in our products.

A Cimmerian
01-20-2011, 10:38 AM
We pay no licenses, but we sell a lot less too!
Before you guys pass judgment on what is right or wrong, don't forget to consider all variables!! :thumbs2:

I was not passing judgment. With all this talk about how expensive the licences are I thought that it was the biggest part of the whole cost.

TNovak
01-20-2011, 10:43 AM
I know as a business man Arahom knows the score but just to throw this out there the idea is to maximize the profit (well one of the ideas). Stuff that goes into this thought process is the fixed costs and the variable costs against the number that you think you can sell at a particular price. Arahom already mentioned the number of statues that will sell will almost surely be less than Sideshow (although maybe not, they keep their numbers at a relatively low level usually).

Most of the cost is fixed. Cost to sculpt, cost for deal with factory in China, Cost to create the mold etc

The cost will vary a little with the total number obviously because it costs a little more to pour and paint each additonal statue but most of the cost is already incurred whether you make 500 or 1500 statues. I think you would make more money selling 1,000 statues at $275 vs 500 statues at $375 and for a lot of collectors price is a major factor in determining which statue to buy.

It is true we have to consider all variables but so does the producer. If a SS piece costs the same as an ARH piece and we can only buy one which will we buy? Which holds its value better? Which character do we like better?

For me I will buy ARH anyway but I know for example some of my favorite Frazetta statues from other companies that had MSRP of $350 to $369 and didn't sell that well. I thought these were amazing statues and spot on with incredible detail. I think that for a lot of collectors there is a threshhold of some kind. Whether it is $300 or $350 or whatever I don't know.

1/4 scale statues are already space hogs and if the price is too high I think sales could suffer. How many people say "Holy crap that is cool!!!" and would buy it at one price but wouldn't even consider it for, say, $100 more? or even $50 more?

Arahom Radjah
01-20-2011, 12:27 PM
I know as a business man Arahom knows the score but just to throw this out there the idea is to maximize the profit (well one of the ideas). Stuff that goes into this thought process is the fixed costs and the variable costs against the number that you think you can sell at a particular price. Arahom already mentioned the number of statues that will sell will almost surely be less than Sideshow (although maybe not, they keep their numbers at a relatively low level usually).

Most of the cost is fixed. Cost to sculpt, cost for deal with factory in China, Cost to create the mold etc

The cost will vary a little with the total number obviously because it costs a little more to pour and paint each additonal statue but most of the cost is already incurred whether you make 500 or 1500 statues. I think you would make more money selling 1,000 statues at $275 vs 500 statues at $375 and for a lot of collectors price is a major factor in determining which statue to buy.

It is true we have to consider all variables but so does the producer. If a SS piece costs the same as an ARH piece and we can only buy one which will we buy? Which holds its value better? Which character do we like better?

For me I will buy ARH anyway but I know for example some of my favorite Frazetta statues from other companies that had MSRP of $350 to $369 and didn't sell that well. I thought these were amazing statues and spot on with incredible detail. I think that for a lot of collectors there is a threshhold of some kind. Whether it is $300 or $350 or whatever I don't know.

1/4 scale statues are already space hogs and if the price is too high I think sales could suffer. How many people say "Holy crap that is cool!!!" and would buy it at one price but wouldn't even consider it for, say, $100 more? or even $50 more?

I was not passing judgment. With all this talk about how expensive the licences are I thought that it was the biggest part of the whole cost.

Guys,

The bottom line about this whole thing is that not only us, but Sideshow, Bowen and all other producers need to make enough money with sales to keep the business afloat.

As TNovak said, fixed costs are there either you sell it or not, so let me explain to you guys a little bit about it.

Every statue we produce that doesn't sell enough to cover the investment is also considered cost because once we produce one that does sell, it needs to cover the expenses generated with all others that didn't...

Also, the cost with sculptors, prints, painters, molds, castings, packing design, samples, and other overhead costs like rent, power, website, employees salaries (not related to production) and tons of etc... are there either we sell a single statue or not.

Costs with licenses is just one cost among tons of others, and license costs are pretty much related to the amount of profit you make, so if you sell a lot you pay more, but if you sell just a few, you pay just a little. The initial cost to acquire the license is diluted among the thousands of statues produced during the term of the contract, so it also does not represent such a big blow.

In our case, we are not selling on the thousands, nor the hundreds. Our best sell so far was our first Leonidas that we sold a bit over 500 ( including the APs)

So for every new sculpt like Ares or Thor for instance we have basically the SAME initial cost as Sideshow or Bowen... We pay the same fees for the sculptor, we pay the same price for printing, molding, painting of the master, shipping to factory in China and etc....

The difference is right there. For each of our statues we have to pay all costs involved and make a profit by selling a couple of hundreds while other companies are selling around a 1000 or more. Even when they sell only 600 of a statue it's normally double of what we sell on a good statue.

EVERY smart business owner wants to keep the prices as low as possible. Trust me, we limit our profit margin to the minimum survival rates, but if we cannot achieve at least some "economical profit" than we are better off doing something else!

A Cimmerian
01-20-2011, 12:44 PM
Thanks for the explanation, Arahom.
Looking forward for your next releases.

Averone
01-20-2011, 06:27 PM
Guys,

The bottom line about this whole thing is that not only us, but Sideshow, Bowen and all other producers need to make enough money with sales to keep the business afloat.

As TNovak said, fixed costs are there either you sell it or not, so let me explain to you guys a little bit about it.

Every statue we produce that doesn't sell enough to cover the investment is also considered cost because once we produce one that does sell, it needs to cover the expenses generated with all others that didn't...

Also, the cost with sculptors, prints, painters, molds, castings, packing design, samples, and other overhead costs like rent, power, website, employees salaries (not related to production) and tons of etc... are there either we sell a single statue or not.

Costs with licenses is just one cost among tons of others, and license costs are pretty much related to the amount of profit you make, so if you sell a lot you pay more, but if you sell just a few, you pay just a little. The initial cost to acquire the license is diluted among the thousands of statues produced during the term of the contract, so it also does not represent such a big blow.

In our case, we are not selling on the thousands, nor the hundreds. Our best sell so far was our first Leonidas that we sold a bit over 500 ( including the APs)

So for every new sculpt like Ares or Thor for instance we have basically the SAME initial cost as Sideshow or Bowen... We pay the same fees for the sculptor, we pay the same price for printing, molding, painting of the master, shipping to factory in China and etc....

The difference is right there. For each of our statues we have to pay all costs involved and make a profit by selling a couple of hundreds while other companies are selling around a 1000 or more. Even when they sell only 600 of a statue it's normally double of what we sell on a good statue.

EVERY smart business owner wants to keep the prices as low as possible. Trust me, we limit our profit margin to the minimum survival rates, but if we cannot achieve at least some "economical profit" than we are better off doing something else!

:goodpost:

warhead
01-21-2011, 03:19 AM
Business 101, excellent post Arahom

samueljd
01-21-2011, 03:24 AM
I know I'd love to see you stay in business. I plan on picking up a couple of your 1/4 statues that will be released in upcoming months.

Mezzanin9
01-21-2011, 11:42 AM
If i have 350usd what statues will i buy ? its definetly arh statues bro !!
Thanks for the explanations arh....its my mistakes to bring price issues here..now i know man....its not easy to be you :).
we all want you still in the game thats why i will keep supporting to purchase your product
again now we all know and hope in the future there is no problem such as price etc.....

thanks man

harley49
01-21-2011, 12:42 PM
hi arahom /averone will there be a bogof statue :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

A Cimmerian
01-21-2011, 01:58 PM
Arahom, do you have any plan to release a companion piece to Cleopatra ?

celticwarrior77
01-21-2011, 02:00 PM
That Thor looks sweet, hopefully i find a way to pick him up!

Gans
01-22-2011, 02:34 AM
Will it be possible to get Thor unpainted or in kit form?
Also I have tried to buy some of your statues/kits in the past but your international order system does not work and hasn't for a long time

Thanks
Gans

Averone
01-22-2011, 04:35 AM
Will it be possible to get Thor unpainted or in kit form?
Also I have tried to buy some of your statues/kits in the past but your international order system does not work and hasn't for a long time

Thanks
Gans

Order system?
Can you send me what it is your looking to buy? I will look into it.
Not sure what you mean? Is it the site?

Gans
01-22-2011, 08:13 AM
If you try to buy( link below) international it does not work............well for me anyway

http://www.arhstatues.com/XXAchillesKit.html

Gans

StatueTank
01-22-2011, 06:00 PM
If you try to buy( link below) international it does not work............well for me anyway

Gans

yup, same thing happened to me when i tried to order international.

i just kinda gave up after a while

Alex655321
01-22-2011, 06:02 PM

Gans

yup, same thing happened to me when i tried to order international.

i just kinda gave up after a while

Did you guys try the "Contact Us" button ?
Maybe e mailing them would help.

Gans
01-22-2011, 07:05 PM
Yes I did try the emailing when the figure in the link came out...............I never got a reply and I too just gave up.

I wonder how many sales you may have missed due to this? With so many figures out there you really need to sort this out...........just my thoughts as I wanted two figures from this company in the past but could never buy them.

I guess that's why I am asking if the Thor and U.S soldier will be made as kits because I might have better luck talking to someone here than on the site which doen't work for international buyers......payment wise

Averone
01-22-2011, 08:56 PM
Yes I did try the emailing when the figure in the link came out...............I never got a reply and I too just gave up.

I wonder how many sales you may have missed due to this? With so many figures out there you really need to sort this out...........just my thoughts as I wanted two figures from this company in the past but could never buy them.

I guess that's why I am asking if the Thor and U.S soldier will be made as kits because I might have better luck talking to someone here than on the site which doen't work for international buyers......payment wise

Guys, the thing is we need you guys more than ever and your support is much appreciated!

The thing is, Arahom was doing everything himself and its very difficult for me to explain all the orders and deadlines he had to meet.

All I can say I'm very sorry about this.
I will make you a promise to help you. Please send me your questions and I will setup the direct sale. Thor is still a long ways out and we are still not sure how it will be sold. The soldiers need yet to be casted for sale. But I will find out and let you know.
Again thank you for all your support.

Arahom Radjah
01-23-2011, 12:05 PM

Let me explain the problem.

All international links DO WORK for any piece that we have available. The Achilles kit you were trying to buy is not available anymore, so the link doesn't work for anyone.

The problem with the website is that I'm the one who updates it, and I just don't have time to work on it right now.

I'm planning on remodeling the entire website, and get professional help to keep it up to date. These problems and others like late orders and etc... will soon be solved.

I apologize for the frustration, but in any case contacting me directly is always the best way to get an answer.

best,

Mezzanin9
01-31-2011, 11:54 PM
I want THOR !!!!!!

toe
02-01-2011, 07:21 AM
business talks aside,

.... any updates on Thor ? :)

Arahom Radjah
02-01-2011, 01:50 PM
Thor is coming along nicely, but Alex asked me to hold on the next updates until Thor gets it a little more complete.

As I said before, we are having a hard time to come up with a cool design that is unique and at the same time as powerful as the character demands.

This is a Thor year, and we have to make justice to this great character!

Averone
02-01-2011, 02:02 PM
Thor is coming along nicely, but Alex asked me to hold on the next updates until Thor gets it a little more complete.

As I said before, we are having a hard time to come up with a cool design that is unique and at the same time as powerful as the character demands.

:thumbs2:

Arahom Radjah
02-01-2011, 02:52 PM
:thumbs2:

:stick: Not you!!! I meant Alex Pereira, the sculptor!!! LOL

Averone
02-01-2011, 03:01 PM
:stick: Not you!!! I meant Alex Pereira, the sculptor!!! LOL

Oh come on !!
:ignore:

I may not be as talented like you guys but Im just as important to all this!

Let me have my fun!!
:hi:

toe
02-01-2011, 03:12 PM
here an idea for his helmet armor

http://www.costumearmour.com/Detail.CFM?Inventory__ID=185

Averone
02-01-2011, 03:15 PM
here an idea for his helmet armor

http://www.costumearmour.com/Detail.CFM?Inventory__ID=185

Very nice! Thanks! :thumbs2:

I like the front but the feathers can be done better.

CKinSD
02-01-2011, 03:48 PM
Arahom
i like the updates and understand what you are saying about comments. I only made comment sthat I thought would assist in making it better. I fully understood that it is a work in progress and that is why i made comments. If it is already done I do not see the point in making comments.

you know I have enjoyed your work for years and own pieces I got directly from you when you where still in Brazil, some in the very early days.

Keep up the hard work and teaming up with Ave is a good idea. congrats to the two of you

warhead
02-01-2011, 04:39 PM

I have no doubt you will kick ass on this Thor, just wanted to show you one of my favorite non marvel Thor's the Amonamarth's twighlight of the thundergod cover, would be cool if you guys could incorporate some ideas from this painting, I think this Thor has a look of brutal savage power yet its simple and as far removed from Marvels version.

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv344/realwarhead/33ffbd15.jpg

Averone
02-01-2011, 04:41 PM
Great stuff guys!
Thanks a lot for your input!

toe
02-01-2011, 04:41 PM
Very nice! Thanks! :thumbs2:

I like the front but the feathers can be done better.

agree. At first glance, I love the details on the front of the helmet but not so much the wings. But the more I look at it the more its growing on me. It gives that rugged look and very nomadic brute-like toughness. That's just me though.

toe
02-01-2011, 04:43 PM
I like the wool/cotton boots from that painting, but i think he should be screaming. I know he is tough and all but he looks to chill for having to face a sea serpent like that!

warhead
02-01-2011, 05:08 PM
I like the Hammer it looks more historically accurate with the amulets and charms of Thors hammer that were found from the viking age.

http://www.pitt.edu/~dash/hammerpix.html

Arahom Radjah
02-01-2011, 05:29 PM
I like the Hammer it looks more historically accurate with the amulets and charms of Thors hammer that were found from the viking age.

http://www.pitt.edu/~dash/hammerpix.html

I like the picture you posted, although it is not the direction the sculptor is going.

We are mixing the heavy Viking look with a more modern concept. Alex Pereira is really coming up with a great and unique design, so I believe it is worth waiting for his ideas to come to life.

One thing is for sure. Although I love the hammer Alex already did for this piece (I didn't post pictures of it yet!) I will ask him to make one like the one in this picture, so we can have a change-o-hammer for a special website version.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Arahom Radjah
02-01-2011, 05:34 PM
Arahom
i like the updates and understand what you are saying about comments. I only made comment sthat I thought would assist in making it better. I fully understood that it is a work in progress and that is why i made comments. If it is already done I do not see the point in making comments.

you know I have enjoyed your work for years and own pieces I got directly from you when you where still in Brazil, some in the very early days.

Keep up the hard work and teaming up with Ave is a good idea. congrats to the two of you

I really like comments and critiques, and I don't think I was referring to your comments, but I just want to make sure that you guys understand that the pictures I posted so far are still far away from it's final look.

warhead
02-01-2011, 05:47 PM
I like the picture you posted, although it is not the direction the sculptor is going.

We are mixing the heavy Viking look with a more modern concept. Alex Pereira is really coming up with a great and unique design, so I believe it is worth waiting for his ideas to come to life.

One thing is for sure. Although I love the hammer Alex already did for this piece (I didn't post pictures of it yet!) I will ask him to make one like the one in this picture, so we can have a change-o-hammer for a special website version.

You guys asking for and utilising ideas and suggestions is what makes you guys special and shows why ARH has a tight following.:thumbs2:

Mezzanin9
02-01-2011, 09:19 PM

CHANGE O HAMMER FOR WEBSITE VERSION ??? KOOLZZZZ>>>>>>:thumbs2: :thumbs2: :thumbs2:

yap you should combine both...viking looks bored :thumbsdow though....modern all the way,.....

Arahom Radjah
02-11-2011, 03:21 PM
Here are some updates! NOT READY YET!!

http://www.arhstatues.com/USA 2011/Thor ARH 12.jpg

VS1976
02-11-2011, 03:42 PM
Here are some updates! NOT READY YET!!

Looking good Arahom. Can't wait to see this painted.

Barbarian
02-11-2011, 04:18 PM
Absolutely wonderful! The detail is INCREDIBLE! A must buy for certain! :buttrock:

Averone
02-11-2011, 04:26 PM
I am looking at my crystal ball, and I can see this going to be one of our biggest sellers!!

Have you ever seen anything like it guys? In this scale?

Ever?
:jawd:

Bullseye
02-11-2011, 04:28 PM
Looks amazing. Great pose.

warhead
02-11-2011, 04:31 PM
Love it, but I think it looks to much like a revamp of Marvels Thor, the winged helmet and look of the hammer looks to close to the ideas of what Stan Lee and Jack Kirby came up with, by making him blond will show even more of a marvel influence in your Thor.
Just playing devils advocate here but you guys might be giving Marvel a leg to stand on with a challenge from them, but still I am liking what I am seeing.

Averone
02-11-2011, 04:38 PM
Love it, but I think it looks to much like a revamp of Marvels Thor, the winged helmet and look of the hammer looks to close to the ideas of what Stan Lee and Jack Kirby came up with, by making him blond will show even more of a marvel influence in your Thor.
Just playing devils advocate here but you guys might be giving Marvel a leg to stand on with a challenge from them, but still I am liking what I am seeing.

I respectfully disagree.
The hammer is the same as any other non-marvel Thor that I have. Yes its not complete and its not showing the details yet and may still be adjusted to be different enough.

The wings on the helmet? Man, thats just Thor!!!
With all respect to the great Stan Lee and Jack Kriby, they took this helmet wings right out of history and made it their own.

I appreciate your concerns,warhead. Yet I doubt if Marvel will even bother with this. Its just too different and its based on the "real" Thor.

Arahom Radjah
02-11-2011, 04:44 PM

Stan Lee's Thor looks too much like a "revamp" of ANY other Thor version out there with winged helmet and a hammer in the format of a "T"

By the way.... Thor IS blonde! I see a lot of the "real" Thor influence in Marvel's Thor. Nobody is bothering Marvel though.

I think we are good...

TNovak
02-11-2011, 05:19 PM
The Thor of Norse Mythology is a redhead, which is how I would prefer him but I suspect that would hurt sales so I am fine with him being blonde.

Averone
02-11-2011, 05:40 PM
The Thor of Norse Mythology is a redhead, which is how I would prefer him but I suspect that would hurt sales so I am fine with him being blonde.

Yes you are correct.
Germanic Thor has been shown to be blond.
Still, easy touch up when in hand! Dont you think?

TNovak
02-11-2011, 05:44 PM
Yes you are correct.
Germanic Thor has been shown to be blond.
Still, easy touch up when in hand! Dont you think?

Probably, but I would just leave him blond. It's not a deal breaker for me that is for sure.

I wouldn't want an "authentic" hammer that looks like an old junker just because it is more accurate.

If anything the only thing I would change is the "knee pad" look. I don't know why I just don't like it. Again, not a deal breaker though. I will get this.

Arahom Radjah
02-11-2011, 07:03 PM
Guys,
Don't forget that we will have a change-o-hammer.

Also, we will change the base for a simpler and smaller rock base. The main reason is the size of this one and the fact that we will have a matching Valkyrie later with the same style for base.

Averone
02-11-2011, 08:21 PM
change-o-hammer!

What a concept!!

I like it!!

The more options that better

VS1976
02-11-2011, 10:07 PM
Why do u need t change the hammer of Thor? It looks great already.

Vartha
02-12-2011, 12:29 AM
Big Hulk,

Here is another Thor in my collection.
Yes its from Aeroart of USA!! Made in Russia!
A very famous toy miniature soldiers company.

I assure you our Thor will be 1000x better than this!

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/Collection%20continued/Averones%20Album%20%203/ThorAeroart1.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/Collection%20continued/Averones%20Album%20%203/ThorAeroart4.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/Collection%20continued/Averones%20Album%20%203/ThorAeroart3.jpg

An NO Marvel has not gone after them!!
Marvel can't go after a historically based Character

BarryV.
02-12-2011, 06:19 AM
Amazing!

joeblack
02-12-2011, 07:15 AM
nooooooooo
"
Also, we will change the base for a simpler and smaller rock base"

this rock "rocks"

a rock like a head is really cool and original too bad to change it

maybe can we have this base just for the AP or for a web exclusive ?

Bullseye
02-12-2011, 07:28 AM
I would like to see this with Red Hair either way is good.

Nitefall
02-12-2011, 01:55 PM
Guys,
Don't forget that we will have a change-o-hammer.

Also, we will change the base for a simpler and smaller rock base. The main reason is the size of this one and the fact that we will have a matching Valkyrie later with the same style for base.

FANTASTIC!:thumbs2:

Zorglub
02-18-2011, 02:53 PM
Can't wait to see the paint up.
Red hair gets my vote.

Arahom Radjah
02-18-2011, 04:37 PM
Updates

http://www.arhstatues.com/USA 2011/Thor ARH 13-4.jpg

http://www.arhstatues.com/USA 2011/Thor ARH 13-1.jpg

http://www.arhstatues.com/USA 2011/Thor ARH 13-3.jpg

http://www.arhstatues.com/USA 2011/Thor ARH 13-2.jpg

Barbarian
02-18-2011, 04:41 PM
Holy smokes! This is so damn impressively breathtaking. I cannot wait to add him to my collection!!! AWESOME WORK!!! :buttrock:

Arahom Radjah
02-18-2011, 04:51 PM
There is still a lot more to come, especially regarding texture. The hammer will be texturized, the skin will have veins, the helmet will have a lot more details, and some other minor chnges and details will be added.

It will trully be a great piece once it's done.

Barbarian
02-18-2011, 04:59 PM
There is still a lot more to come, especially regarding texture. The hammer will be texturized, the skin will have veins, the helmet will have a lot more details, and some other minor chnges and details will be added.

It will trully be a great piece once it's done.
I figured as much. The work is already masterful. More detail will be the icing on the cake! :buttrock:

Thanks a bunch for giving us updates, brother!

Ghost Rider
02-18-2011, 05:01 PM
Simply, perfect!! A great piece of art.

What was the estimated release date?

A Cimmerian
02-18-2011, 05:29 PM
Very impressive.

TNovak
02-18-2011, 05:32 PM
Did we get a projected release date yet? Will it be before Ares and after Athena? Any Price info yet?

Arahom Radjah
02-18-2011, 07:26 PM
Simply, perfect!! A great piece of art.

What was the estimated release date?

Did we get a projected release date yet? Will it be before Ares and after Athena? Any Price info yet?

Thor will be released in the Summer along with the Angel of Death and Ares the God of War, after Pocahontas and Athena.

Averone
02-18-2011, 07:37 PM
Great updates!!
What a great line up for the summer.
What we need now is Marvel-less Valkyrie ;)

Mezzanin9
02-19-2011, 01:21 AM
This Thor LOOKs Strong Man......Loving all parts of it..except the Detail in Chest Armor...The pattern seems awkward.....love the detail in hand armors.represent the mjolnir....face looks tougher now....veins will be great...but still the detail in armor...can it be changed ?

alcortez
02-20-2011, 08:41 PM
out of curiosity, did you guys research the symbols on his armor.? do you know what it all means?

Arahom Radjah
02-21-2011, 07:01 AM
out of curiosity, did you guys research the symbols on his armor.? do you know what it all means?

Honestly, this is a question better answered by the sculptor because this Thor is entirely his design.

I have no saying whatsoever, and he completely ignores my requests!!!!! I feel like this Thor has a life of its own, and does not listen to me at all!!!!! :banghead:

Arahom Radjah
02-21-2011, 07:02 AM
This Thor LOOKs Strong Man......Loving all parts of it..except the Detail in Chest Armor...The pattern seems awkward.....love the detail in hand armors.represent the mjolnir....face looks tougher now....veins will be great...but still the detail in armor...can it be changed ?

NO!

toe
02-21-2011, 07:30 AM
will there be a Sideshow Exclusive on this statue? Maybe the change-o-hammer? or maybe a 3rd change-o-hammer?

Arahom Radjah
02-27-2011, 05:26 PM
Almost ready!! Base needs more work and some other minor details too.

http://www.arhstatues.com/USA 2011/Thor ARH 15.jpg

alcortez
02-27-2011, 05:38 PM
this might be my first arh statue.

Averone
02-27-2011, 05:58 PM
Thor is coming in strong!!

I love the new changes, hammer looks massive and imposing! Honestly I like it better than the comic version Thor!!

Bravo guys! :buttrock:

Averone
02-27-2011, 05:59 PM
this might be my first arh statue.

You are not alone!
I am hearing this from all the friends here and abroad!

It would be a real pleasure to see this Thor next to all of you other comic Thors in your collection!

VS1976
02-27-2011, 06:58 PM
This guy looks awesome. What's the height on this beast?

Arahom Radjah
02-27-2011, 06:59 PM
This guy is awesome. What's the height on this beast?

Standing straight, Thor would be 19" tall.

If we consider the base, I believe it will go over 25" in height

VS1976
02-27-2011, 07:11 PM
Standing straight, Thor would be 19" tall.

If we consider the base, I believe it will go over 25" in height

25" of greatness :) Can't wait to see this in full color.

warhead
02-27-2011, 07:41 PM
Love the progress on this, the Hammer looks unique and powerful.

VS1976
02-27-2011, 07:44 PM
Love the progress on this, the Hammer looks unique and powerful.

Yah I like how Arahom shaped the Hammer. Looks like he intended to make it look like his initial "T"?

Averone
02-27-2011, 07:55 PM
25" of greatness :) Can't wait to see this in full color.

VS you getting one?

Barbarian
02-27-2011, 08:06 PM
Can't wait to have this righteous piece in my collection! My only ounce of advice for a final touch would be to have the same angles that detail the bottom of Mjolnir appear on the top as well. Just my humble opinion. :)

VS1976
02-27-2011, 08:18 PM
VS you getting one?

Yup. There is nothing I don't like about this piece. The only way I'm not getting it is that u paint in pink or lime green :D

Averone
02-27-2011, 08:29 PM
Yup. There is nothing I don't like about this piece. The only way I'm not getting it is that u paint in pink or lime green :D

lol!
I thought you love the color lime green?
:thinking:

I wonder if Arahom would go for a special VS version?

VS1976
02-27-2011, 08:39 PM
lol!
I thought you love the color lime green?
:thinking:

I wonder if Arahom would go for a special VS version?

Lol, I could see it selling like hotcakes. :rolleyes: but thanks for naming it after me :D

samueljd
02-28-2011, 12:45 AM
Wow! I like what I see so far. I think I'll have to pick this one up.

Arahom Radjah
02-28-2011, 01:15 AM
Can't wait to have this righteous piece in my collection! My only ounce of advice for a final touch would be to have the same angles that detail the bottom of Mjolnir appear on the top as well. Just my humble opinion. :)

The idea is to make the hammer to look like a "T"

VS1976
02-28-2011, 01:44 AM

Yah I like how Arahom shaped the Hammer. Looks like he intended to make it look like his initial "T"?

Hey I was right? Do I win a free statue? :D

Barbarian
02-28-2011, 11:14 AM
I think it would still look like a "T". :D
Just sayin'. I'm done with that "issue" now. Moving along. :confused2

Arahom Radjah
02-28-2011, 03:09 PM
I think it would still look like a "T". :D
Just sayin'. I'm done with that "issue" now. Moving along. :confused2

LOL... All hammers look like a "T." That was a lame excuse !!! :D

I'm just following the sculptors design. I believe he composed a strong look for this character, and every part of it's design completes itself as a whole. I'm ver happy with the overall concept.

toe
02-28-2011, 03:36 PM
the details are amazing, but will it get lost during "printing"? hope not.

Averone
02-28-2011, 03:41 PM

I don't think so, if you look at our Athena printed, looks like they are coming out just fine :)

Barbarian
02-28-2011, 04:00 PM
LOL... All hammers look like a "T." That was a lame excuse !!! :D

I'm just following the sculptors design. I believe he composed a strong look for this character, and every part of it's design completes itself as a whole. I'm ver happy with the overall concept.
:laugh: Indeed.

I agree that this piece has a fantastic look and feel to it. It is quite Thorific! :) :buttrock:

Arahom Radjah
02-28-2011, 04:01 PM

We use high resolution printing, and no details are lost. It's incredible how perfect the prints are.

Zorglub
03-01-2011, 12:09 PM
I love his expression.

Arahom Radjah
03-01-2011, 04:33 PM
Not ready yet, but this is the last update. We will have final pictures tomorrow!

http://www.arhstatues.com/USA 2011/Thor ARH 16.jpg

Averone
03-01-2011, 09:00 PM
The level of details in this is ridiculous!!

The new axe and the hair braids look great.

Great updates!!

Barbarian
03-01-2011, 09:01 PM
The level of details in this are ridiculous!!

The new axe and the hair details look great.

Great updates!!
Axe?!? :D :wink2:

Arahom Radjah
03-01-2011, 09:26 PM

Yeah! How do you think he does when he needs to chop wood?! :tounge:

Barbarian
03-01-2011, 09:27 PM
Yeah! How do you think he does when he needs to chop wood?! :tounge:
I figured he just smashed it to bits. :laugh:

VS1976
03-01-2011, 09:38 PM

:laugh: I thinking Alex had a little too much to drink? :drinking: :drinking: :doh!:

Arahom Radjah
03-01-2011, 10:18 PM
Guys,

The axe is on the base!!!!!

Barbarian
03-01-2011, 10:19 PM
Guys,

The axe is on the base!!!!!
Of course it is! :o :laugh:

Averone
03-01-2011, 10:21 PM
Yes in the old days, Axe were also used to cut wood!
They also cut down Barbarians!!

Do you hear me Barb!!
Lol! :muahaha:

Barbarian
03-01-2011, 10:26 PM
Yes in the old days, Axe were also used to cut wood!
They also cut down Barbarians!!

Do you hear me Barb!!
Lol! :muahaha:
:laugh: Oh, I think I might have something special against any axe wielding psycho. Remember what we were talking about earlier? :D

Averone
03-01-2011, 10:28 PM
:laugh: Oh, I think I might have something special against any axe wielding psycho. Remember what we were talking about earlier? :D

LOL!!
Yes, how can I forget!! :wink2:

VS1976
03-01-2011, 10:29 PM
Of course it is! :o :laugh:

Well it is hidden underneath the shield? :itsb: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin:

Averone
03-01-2011, 10:31 PM
Well it is hidden underneath the shield? :itsb: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin:

I think we may need a Barbarian head to go with it! :D
:tounge:

VS1976
03-01-2011, 10:39 PM
I think we may need a Barbarian head to go with it! :D
:tounge:

Sweet lol

Averone
03-01-2011, 10:40 PM
Sweet lol

JK, Barb!!

We love you man! :laugh:

Barbarian
03-01-2011, 11:00 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:waah: You huwt my feewings!

Just kiddin'. I don't have any. None that aren't hateful and angry at least. :D

Averone
03-01-2011, 11:03 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:waah: You huwt my feewings!

Just kiddin'. I don't have any. None that aren't hateful and angry at least. :D

LOL!

Barb, I sure hope you get one of these and can show us with those sweet pics and effects of yours how cool this statue is!!

I cant wait!
Arahom, is there any way we can rush this?
I want to see this baby!! :penguin:

Barbarian
03-01-2011, 11:06 PM
LOL!

Barb, I sure hope you get one of these and can show us with those sweet pics and effects of yours how cool this statue is!!

I cant wait!
Arahom, is there any way we can rush this?
I want to see this baby!! :penguin:
You can bet your bottom friggin' dollar that I'm getting this, brother. This is a god from my heritage as a Norseman. I have always much admired Thor, but Odin even more. :buttrock:

Didn't I hear he was joining the ARH party at some point? Maybe I'm mistaken.

Arahom Radjah
03-03-2011, 03:39 PM
DONE!!!!!

http://www.arhstatues.com/USA 2011/Thor ARH 18.jpg

Without the cape, just to see the back!

http://www.arhstatues.com/USA 2011/Thor ARH 19.jpg

Barbarian
03-03-2011, 03:43 PM
Okay! I'm in! What do I have to do to get an AP, Arahom?

Arahom Radjah
03-03-2011, 03:47 PM
Okay! I'm in! What do I have to do to get an AP, Arahom?

I don't know yet!

If we are to release APs for Thor, it will be a very small run, like 15 or 20 max.

I don't have cash right now to pay for the print, so the only way is to get some pre-orders in like we did with Cleopatra and Leonidas.

I'll think about the best way to get this piece out as soon as I can.

Barbarian
03-03-2011, 04:14 PM
Alrighty then. Shall we start a list? Do we need to pay to get on the list? How much do we pay and when? I am willing to do whatever, just let me know. Okay guys, who's in on an AP to get it going? Speak up! :buttrock:

ARH Thor AP List:
1. Barbarian
2. ?

Arahom Radjah
03-03-2011, 04:17 PM
Alrighty then. Shall we start a list? Do we need to pay to get on the list? How much do we pay and when? I am willing to do whatever, just let me know. Okay guys, who's in on an AP to get it going? Speak up! :buttrock:

ARH Thor AP List:
1. Barbarian
2. ?

I'll see about the numbers. First let's see how many we can get in for the AP list.

TNovak
03-03-2011, 04:26 PM
ARH Thor AP List:

1. TNovak
2. Barbarian
2. ?

:eplus2: :tounge:

Barbarian
03-03-2011, 04:29 PM
ARH Thor AP List:

1. TNovak
2. Barbarian
2. ?

:eplus2: :tounge:
YOU MOTHERF**KER!!! :laugh:
1. Barbarian
2. TNovak

VS1976
03-03-2011, 05:13 PM
YOU MOTHERF**KER!!! :laugh:
1. VS1976
2. TNovak
3. Barbarian :tounge:
4. ?

samueljd
03-03-2011, 07:12 PM
What will the difference be between the AP and the regular releases? I want this Thor and don't know if it will really matter if I get an AP or Reg.

Barbarian
03-03-2011, 07:41 PM
1. VS1976
2. TNovak
3. Barbarian :tounge:
4. ?
AHEM! The joke has already been told. It was funny the first time. Let's all be fully mature adults about this, shall we? I know that's near impossible for you, VS. :tounge: :D

Yet another updated list.

1. Barbarian
2. Tnovak
3. VS1976
4. ?

What will the difference be between the AP and the regular releases? I want this Thor and don't know if it will really matter if I get an AP or Reg.
I'll let Arahom answer that one for you. :thumbs2:

travis
03-03-2011, 07:46 PM
As Long as My ordered Jackolantern comes first!...LOL

Statue and Bust
03-03-2011, 07:49 PM
I can't wait to see this baby painted!

gylaya79
03-03-2011, 07:55 PM
1. Averone
2. Barbarian
3. Tnovak
4. VS1976
5. ?

Acting as proxy ladies and gents! :p

For the nexth month, me and averone will be participating on a new show called "Collection Swap", so he will be sending his new statues to my house where i can take the pictures and store them for a month. After that time, I will be a making a personal appearance on "Manhunt: Fugitives" where I will have a warrant for my arrest for stealing all his statues. :D

VS1976
03-03-2011, 07:57 PM
Acting as proxy ladies and gents! :p

For the nexth month, me and averone will be participating on a new show called "Collection Swap", so he will be sending his new statues to my house where i can take the pictures and store them for a month. After that time, I will be a making a personal appearance on "Manhunt: Fugitives" where I will have a warrant for my arrest for stealing all his statues.

Huh? :rolleyes:

gylaya79
03-03-2011, 08:03 PM
Huh? :rolleyes:

check out Averone's avatar J. He's been kindly asked to leave for a month, check his collection thread, the answers are there. ;) :drama:

VS1976
03-03-2011, 08:10 PM
check out Averone's avatar J. He's been kindly asked to leave for a month, check his collection thread, the answers are there. ;) :drama:

Yah I know he's taking a vacation but why the bump in line? :peoples: Any news on that print?

Barbarian
03-03-2011, 08:24 PM
Yah I know he's taking a vacation but why the bump in line? :peoples: Any news on that print?
G's got a death wish apparently.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k195/sparhawk71/Avatars%20and%20GIFs/BRUCEfist.gif

Ave will get his just fine and dandy. He's got connecs yo... and lots o cash!

Barbarian
03-03-2011, 08:25 PM
WTF? :laugh:

Arahom Radjah
03-03-2011, 08:41 PM

Ok, here we go...

APs are basically the same as a regular edition in terms of statue features, but the APs come out much earlier than the regular editions made in China.

The APs are made here in my US studio, painted by me, signed and limited to 50 pieces or less.

It's more personal and made by me from the casting to the packing, so most of the time I'm able to accommodate small requests regarding paint scheme and such.

Not a big deal in comparison to quality since we are producing in China with a high end factory, but you surely get a more personal product.

Arahom Radjah
03-03-2011, 08:43 PM

I already told you, you will get your Jack-O-Lantern in time for Halloween!!!:laugh: