PDA

View Full Version : Attention Statuesmatchoos

Tetragrammaton
06-16-2005, 02:00 AM
Originally Posted by Statuesmatchoos
Hi guys! I'm ...

I'm a professional photographer and statue painter and I ...

I'll be posting more pics of my more interesting statues in the future. I hope you enjoy them.

I am repeating this post in its own thread in the hopes it is seen more easiliy.

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I just had a crazy thought (not that uncommon with me).

I've very recently gone through a search for various older Marvel and DC posters from my youth, that I now want to obtain for lamination and display. As some are over twenty-five years old, needless to say they are next to impossible to find. One solution that I discovered, is with a sufficiently high resolution digital image, I can bring the file to a printer for color printing in any size up to 55 inches across and almost any length. For exampe, a color single print costs around $10.00 CAD a square foot, so a 24" x 36" runs $60.00 total. Not too bad for a poster you may never actually find through other means.

All this just to ask; I think it would be amazing to be able to produce posters of the various statues you have pictures of. I already have a small, but growing number of Clayburn Moore pieces in my collection and to be able to have some well-photographed posters of them made as well could look incredible. Alternately, there may be some statues I never get and having a well-done poster would soften not having the original sculpture.

I would, of course, compensate you for your time, as well as, any expenses and shipping you may incur. The best option is for you to burn these images as high resoltution bit maps (bmp- format) (I am guessing 50+ meg per image should do it) on CD and send it to me.

I ask this in an open forum rather than a private message as it just might interest some of the other members.

Let me know what you think.

Sincerely,

the Gun Cleric some call Frank.