PDA

View Full Version : Your Top 5 Sculptor of Female Statues

iceprince_x
01-20-2011, 06:07 AM
Name your Top 5 sculptors in order and name at least 2 of their works that define them as the best.

5 Sam Greenwall (Chastity & Jade, Purgatory)
one of those prolific artists whose work have flooded the market, even though we have not noticed it.

4 Tim Miller (Sideshow Rogue and Mystique Comiquette)
i am not really planning to get Rogue, but when opportunity presented itself I got her, instantly, I fell in love with her looks that is when Tim Miller came to my dictionary. Can't believe, I have some of his other works. Now with the upcoming, Bowen X-23 and Goblin Queen, plus DC's WonderWoman #600 new costume... this guys is truly one of the best.

3 Mark Newman (Bowen Jean Grey, SpiderWoman new statue)
If there is one artist whose work I somewhat saw the progression, its this guy. From his early works on the grail Bowen piece, Phoenix and to his current works, one can now note his close to achieving anatomical perfection piece after piece. Jean Grey for me, is a standout among the X-Men characters (other than Beast) as having features close to an actual human being and yet has that comic book feel to it.

2 Dene Mason (Aspen, Magdalena Bust, Grace "SoulFire)
A close second to my number one and the only factor is just so little. Dene Mason may have lesser work but most of his lady pieces have become grail pieces.. did I say Grace Soulfire?

1 CS Moore (Witchblade I, Kabuki, Aphrodite IX, Fathom, among others)
The man who defined what comic book female characters are all about, creating classics not only to the artists vision as well as his own. His 1/6 representation has achieved a level of perfection that one can just awe at the tiniest details in each of his piece. I just do wonder if he will ever do a 1/4 scale...

Hope you guys can give yours as well.

demonhunter
01-20-2011, 08:39 AM
Woo hoo, First!

Ok, for me, at 1/7th scale, is gotta be Jack Matthews for me.
The guy is phenomenal at translating Adam Hughes Cover Girls from 2D into 3D statues.

At 1/6 scale, I have a few favourites.

Ah, my fave would have to be Mark Newman. I am absolutely in love with his sculpt of Bowen Designs Jim Lee Jean Grey. Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous overall. Not so thrilled about his older sculpt like the Bowen Designs Phoenix with both arms stretched out to the sides, and was the basis for the latest Jean Grey X-Factor statue. But love his newer works like Emma Frost Modern.

Next I love Tim Miller. I have his AH! Rogue comiquette, Mystique, and AH! Black Queen Jean.

Oh, oh, if we're talking about Japanese style female sculpts, I gotta say it's Mitsumasa Yoshizawa. This guy is incredible at sculpting fantastic female illustrations by the talented Shunya Yamash!ta. The Kotobukiya Marvel bishojou series designs are based on Shunya's illustrations. Yoshizawa sculpted the Yamato Chun Li polystone statue, the Poison PVC statue, the Fascinating Black Cammy special, Yamato Saluting Cammy, the Yamato Rei Ayanami pvc statue and a few others, and oh the Max Factory Guilty Gear I-No pvc statue. He also goes by the nickname: REFLECT.

http://fightto2d.blog.playersrepublic.fr/media/01/01/462867458.JPG
Pic from fightto2d.blog.playersrepublic.fr
http://www.animemaki.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/348257A-7hr.jpg
http://www.figuresworld.net/video_games/finalfight/KYE345218A-4hr.jpg
pic from figuresworld.net

Dene Mason, love what he did with the Magdalena bust. Very dynamic post with twin katana swords, love it, love it. He sculpts great looking lovey feminine faces. Love his work on the latest Aspen Matthews statue.

Lastly but not least, another fave sculptor for the female form is ta-da, C.S.Moore~~! He is amazing. His Fathom Aspen Matthews statue with coral bikini, the first statue, man, that is the bomb. My holee grail. Never can get it for a decent price at the moment.

I guess that's about it for now. ^^

JosephCPR
01-20-2011, 09:23 AM
In no particular order:

- Tim Miller
- Adam Ross http://poboyross.deviantart.com/
- Jack Mathews
- Mark Newman (Too bad his awesome sculpts are usually overshadowed by aweful paint jobs)
- CS Moore

VaultMan
01-20-2011, 09:23 AM
Good thread!!

modus
01-20-2011, 01:31 PM
Adam Beane's work on Darth Talon is outstanding

VinReaper
01-20-2011, 01:52 PM
Hmmm? My top 5 in no particular order.....

Clayburn Moore
Dene Mason
Mark Newman
Pablo Viggiano
Adam Ross

VR

Magik
01-20-2011, 02:53 PM
When I think female sculpt, the first person that pops into my head is Clayburn Moore. The others mentioned here are great too though.

Averone
01-20-2011, 03:02 PM
Tim Miller (Sideshow Rogue and Mystique Comiquette) is on top of my list!
I even have a few customized of these two statues, I love his sculpts!

VS1976
01-20-2011, 04:27 PM
Top 5 in order:

1) Tim Miller
2) Dene Mason
3) C.S. Moore
4) Pablo Viggiano
5) Jack Mathews

iceprince_x
01-20-2011, 05:34 PM
In no particular order:

- Mark Newman (Too bad his awesome sculpts are usually overshadowed by aweful paint jobs)

I so totally... :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

Ridimous
01-28-2011, 03:33 AM
1. Mark Newman (Bowen Emma Frost)
2. Dene Mason (Aspen)
3. Pablo Viggiano (Sideshow Mystique)
4. CS Moore (Fathom)
5. Rvbhal (A Pin Up, spilled milk and a spider)

skorpsta
01-28-2011, 05:05 AM
1. CLAYBURN MOORE {CS MOORE STUDIOS}
2. MIKE CUSANELLI {SOLOARWIND STUDIOS, BOWEN DESIGNS}
3. JOHN WRIGHT {VISION MODELS}
4. MARK NEWMAN {BOWEN DESIGNS}
5. TIM MILLER {BOWEN DESIGNS}

fincsher
01-28-2011, 05:44 AM
Here are mine in no particular order:

- CS Moore
- Adam Ross
- Jack Mathews
- Pablo Viggiano
- Tim Miller

I have one more favorite sculptor, but I don't remember his full name. :thinking:

Igo
01-29-2011, 06:57 PM
Tim, Mark and Jack are a 3-way tie for me. Love em all for different reasons:

- Tim, to me, is just THE chick guy. His Mystique CC is just the bees effing knees.

- Mark, probably the best with overall composition. Jean Gray, Medusa, and Spiderwoman are just freaking ridiculous with how everything comes together.

- Jack, he just nails the posing better than anyone IMO. Attitude is there, even though his stuff is a tiny bit rougher, you cant deny that that guy gets IT. BAM~! Impact, you know IMMEDIATELY who it is and what she's doing in ways hardly anyone really can. Sexy comes in more forms that just tits and ass, it comes in attitude, and they all scream it.

Onto the tomatoe-tossing-ducking..

Claybourne, definitely is one of the old-school cats to help get the collectibles industry where it is today (ESPECIALLY with females) but honestly his posing is MOSTLY (not always) stiff and awkward to me. He nails the T&A, but overall package Im personally just not a huge fan.