PDA

View Full Version : Pop Culture Shock Ultimate 1/3 Ryu

Pages : [1] 2

akumalove
01-26-2011, 07:27 PM
I could not find a thread about this announced 1/3 scale ultimate Ryu. So I just open one :)
Since I missed lot of posts; were already some pictures shown?
Christina

Awesome
01-26-2011, 07:58 PM
Not one picture yet.

borrelen
01-26-2011, 08:03 PM
Keine Fotos :(

THE_BEAST
01-26-2011, 10:40 PM
none yet. but keeping my fingers crossed :thumbs2:

Dark Knight66
01-27-2011, 12:26 AM
I wonder how much this is going to cost

Awesome
01-27-2011, 12:39 AM
Jerry wanted it to be $500 with 250 being made.

wizardjones
01-27-2011, 12:48 AM
Man, I have to be one of the 250. I really want PCS evil Ryu or regular but I refuse to pay anything over $600 for those two.
Also, didn't Jerry say Ryu wasn't even started yet? We could see an early next year for a finished product.

THE_BEAST
01-27-2011, 12:53 AM
Jerry wanted it to be $500 with 250 being made.

I dont remember him posting that. Where did he post it?

MinMay
01-27-2011, 01:10 AM
There are still more unfinished 1:4 characters so I doubt Jerry gonna start on the 1:3 Ryu..

Awesome
01-27-2011, 01:26 AM
Let me go find it Beast.

Nerdy Black Guy
01-27-2011, 01:27 AM
I would definitely get this for sure. Although I'd prefer a Blanka 1:4 to be made first.

Awesome
01-27-2011, 01:31 AM
Yeah Beast can't find it, forgot which topic.

Dark Knight66
01-27-2011, 01:56 AM
I would pay 500 but that my limit maybe a lil more for evil ryu but thats a maybe.

THE_BEAST
01-27-2011, 01:57 AM
I'd prefer a Blanka 1:4 to be made first.

:iagree:

THE_BEAST
01-27-2011, 02:00 AM
Yeah Beast can't find it, forgot which topic.

no prob. thx for trying to find it

akumalove
01-27-2011, 07:46 AM
Jerry wanted it to be $500 with 250 being made.For that price and limitation he would be sold out in 2 minutes :-)
Christina

akumalove
01-27-2011, 07:50 AM
There are still more unfinished 1:4 characters so I doubt Jerry gonna start on the 1:3 Ryu..I remember some posts where J said:

- Dhalsim is almost finished
- Chun Li is in fabric development
- Blanka is in process of sculpting at the moment
- Sagat is in process of sculpting at the moment by himself

No info about Balrog and Honda.

Maybe he does not do the Ultimate Ryu himself (although I would prefer this).

Christina

Spazzy
01-27-2011, 11:39 AM
I would get a 1/3 scale ryu, $500 is a steal!

J-M-T
01-27-2011, 12:04 PM
For that price and limitation he would be sold out in 2 minutes :-)
Christina

No worries Christina. If that happened then the ES would soon be bumped to 1000 and then it'd be In stock for another 6 months or so. :D

akumalove
01-27-2011, 12:37 PM
No worries Christina. If that happened then the ES would soon be bumped to 1000 and then it'd be In stock for another 6 months or so. :DOh, I forgot about that ;)
Christina

Alpha_Flight
01-27-2011, 02:34 PM
No worries Christina. If that happened then the ES would soon be bumped to 1000 and then it'd be In stock for another 6 months or so. :D

Haha truth!

OuttaSight
01-28-2011, 02:02 AM
We start sculpting this bad boy next week...

OuttaSight
01-28-2011, 02:05 AM
Im curious...

How many want fabric and how many want no fabric ?

rome_325
01-28-2011, 02:08 AM

:jawd: That's great news....

Im curious...

All sculpt, no fabric please......

Nerdy Black Guy
01-28-2011, 02:20 AM
Im curious...

:thinking: Hmmm...that's a tough one for me.

Ryu
01-28-2011, 02:21 AM
I'm just so very happy that you're doing this, Jerry!

I'd go with a non-fabric statue.

Will it have a marble base?

wizardjones
01-28-2011, 02:28 AM
Easy...Fabric. You can still get the dynamic look of him charging energy with a fabric headband. Also his torso will be very limited in view due to the potential position of his arms. Even if people wanted to display the sculpted abs they can just position the wires in his Gi to show them. JMO
:dork:

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_vdvLHqoqkOM/SgyXA6iAqfI/AAAAAAAAFwg/78QPJDSAefY/2.jpg

THE_BEAST
01-28-2011, 03:21 AM
Im curious...

poll: http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=113683

Magik
01-28-2011, 04:02 AM
Whoohoo! Can't wait for this one.

Awesome
01-28-2011, 04:06 AM
Definitely Premium Format.

Titanchuck
01-28-2011, 04:18 AM
Fabric...I've been waiting forever for this Fireball RYU

SARFARAZ
01-28-2011, 10:33 AM
Can not wait for this one!!!!

akumalove
01-28-2011, 10:41 AM
Im curious...

Real fabric :D That will be one perfect piece!!!
My first 1/3 scale. Hope you do a Ken counterpart as well afterwards. I'll buy an extra vitrine just for them both :drooling:
Christina

akumalove
01-28-2011, 10:43 AM
Easy...Fabric. You can still get the dynamic look of him charging energy with a fabric headband. Also his torso will be very limited in view due to the potential position of his arms. Even if people wanted to display the sculpted abs they can just position the wires in his Gi to show them. JMO
:dork:

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_vdvLHqoqkOM/SgyXA6iAqfI/AAAAAAAAFwg/78QPJDSAefY/2.jpg
That would be a very cool pose!! Just without the fireball between his hands, maybe his hands inside could be painted blue/white or something, just to show that he's preparing for it. That would be great!!
Christina

Ryu
01-28-2011, 11:53 AM
Even though I'm in the minority, I'm glad to have my favorite character made.

akumalove
01-28-2011, 12:10 PM
Even though I'm in the minority, I'm glad to have my favorite character made.
I like Ryu too, he's like the good little brother of Akuma ;)
Christina

Ravager
01-28-2011, 12:50 PM
No fabric you can sculpt folds in the cloth. Beautiful.

Spazzy
01-28-2011, 01:04 PM
Prefer sculpt, but would honestly take either.

Ryu
01-28-2011, 01:09 PM
I like Ryu too, he's like the good little brother of Akuma ;)
Christina

Ryu didn't start off as a good guy looking for challenges but rather a very troubled character, who is unsure of himself and his abilities. When he first met Sagat, Ryu is convinced that he is meant to take the same path he did; (which is the first time he falls under the influence of the dark hado), that somehow inside of himself he could murder to win.

Masaomi Kanzaki, Masahiko Nakahira were by far (imo) the best writers to flesh out the story of street fighter. I highly recommend their manga's.

I'd happy to be your bro :D

Alpha_Flight
01-28-2011, 01:38 PM
Ryu didn't start off as a good guy looking for challenges but rather a very troubled character, who is unsure of himself and his abilities. When he first met Sagat, Ryu is convinced that he is meant to take the same path he did; (which is the first time he falls under the influence of the dark hado), that somehow inside of himself he could murder to win.

Masaomi Kanzaki, Masahiko Nakahira were by far (imo) the best writers to flesh out the story of street fighter. I highly recommend their manga's.

:goodpost: spoken like a true SF fan!

StatueHunter75
01-28-2011, 01:54 PM
Jerry PLEASE fabric!!!

Averone
01-28-2011, 01:55 PM
Prefer sculpt, but would honestly take either.

+2

Hylian Elf
01-28-2011, 02:20 PM
I think fabric will be nicer.

Ryu
01-28-2011, 04:53 PM
:goodpost: spoken like a true SF fan!

Thanks. People always assume he was good. When in fact wasn't.

Alpha_Flight
01-28-2011, 05:47 PM

Indeed. He was a very troubled young individual that unleashed a metsu-shoryuken that hideously scarred a very nice man by the name of Sagat.

wizardjones
01-28-2011, 05:57 PM

Please point me to these books! Ryu was always portrayed to me as a humble man who just wants to find his strongest opponent. I always wondered why his Shoryuken did that to Sagat. That is crazy...

Alpha_Flight
01-28-2011, 05:59 PM
Please point me to these books! Ryu was always portrayed to me as a humble man who just wants to find his strongest opponent. I always wondered why his Shoryuken did that to Sagat. That is crazy...

here you go amigo

http://www.udonstore.com/STREET-FIGHTER-ULTIMATE-BOX-SET-p/udon-sf2ultboxsetexcl.htm

Ryu
01-28-2011, 06:29 PM
Indeed. He was a very troubled young individual that unleashed a metsu-shoryuken that hideously scarred a very nice man by the name of Sagat.

That was to explain the dark hadou and the insecurities that he carried inside of him as a fighter.

Ryu
01-28-2011, 06:31 PM

Street Fighter Alpha
Street Fighter III Ryu Final

Dark Knight66
01-28-2011, 08:55 PM

thats in the manga when in fact we know its different in the game. my point being that sometimes the comics,games and anime have different continuity so i follow the games cause they didnt make up the dark hando till super street fighter 2.

Ryu
01-28-2011, 09:26 PM
thats in the manga when in fact we know its different in the game. my point being that sometimes the comics,games and anime have different continuity so i follow the games cause they didnt make up the dark hando till super street fighter 2.

Nakahira created Evil Ryu in his manga series; thus he took responsibility to explain the dark hadou -- Which the game adapted into continuity. After that you can go right into the street fighter 2 the animated movie. Btw, the canon in SF4 makes makes no sense.

Dark Knight66
01-28-2011, 09:31 PM
Nakahira created Evil Ryu in his manga series; thus he took responsibility to explain the dark hadou -- Which the game adapted into continuity. After that you can go right into the street fighter 2 the animated movie. Btw, the canon in SF4 makes makes no sense.

but see thats what i dont get how can ryu be evil when he fights sagat in the anime he defending himself no evil content there and he doesnt look troubled. Ryu sf4 is the worst game ever mad by cap for a while it was sf3 but this one took the cake.

Ryu
01-28-2011, 10:20 PM
but see thats what i dont get how can ryu be evil when he fights sagat in the anime he defending himself no evil content there and he doesnt look troubled. Ryu sf4 is the worst game ever mad by cap for a while it was sf3 but this one took the cake.

That is one issue I had with the film. They really didn't want to go in that direction of Ryu dealing with his problems. They wanted to make an action flick with plenty of fighting -- some of which was from the Street Fighter II manga.

See Third Strike was when Capcom wanted to take Ryu and Ken down as the main protagonists. Why Nakahira wrote Street Fighter III: Ryu final. Ryu's bandana is passed to Alex by Mel (Ken's son).

akumalove
01-29-2011, 05:02 PM

Oh, so Akuma tries to get him on the dark side of the hado when I understand it right? It's like Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker :D

:thumbs2: :p
Christina

Ryu
01-29-2011, 09:48 PM
Oh, so Akuma tries to get him on the dark side of the hado when I understand it right? It's like Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker :D

:thumbs2: :p
Christina

It's kinda like the "force" from Star Wars, but unlike Darth Vader, Akuma doesn't want Ryu as an apprentice. He wants Ryu to give in to the dark hado and fight to the death. The dark hado started to build within Ryu when Akuma killed his adopted father and master Gouken.
Gouken did not like the killing aspect of their shotokan art, why he alter it. Later on, the dark hado resurfaced when Ryu faced Sagat in the tournament. And for the first time Ryu fell under the influence of dark hado. This is where Ryu is at the cross-roads and uncertain of which path he should take.

Akuma vs Ryu -- his journey comes to an end.

Sorry it's in Japanese. The manga comes in English as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8jNvGUgXjs

Spartacus
01-29-2011, 10:11 PM
It's kinda like the "force" from Star Wars, but unlike Darth Vader, Akuma doesn't want Ryu as an apprentice. He wants Ryu to give in to the dark hado and fight to the death. The dark hado started to build within Ryu when Akuma killed his adopted father and master Gouken.
Gouken did not like the killing aspect of their shotokan art, why he alter it. Later on, the dark hado resurfaced when he faced Sagat in the tournament. And for the first time Ryu fell under the influence of dark hado. This is where Ryu is at the cross-roads and uncertain of which path he should take.

Akuma vs Ryu -- his journey comes to an end.

Sorry it's in Japanese. The manga comes in English as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8jNvGUgXjs

wow!...very interesting!...is this the story in the books or the TV/DVD series?

Ryu
01-29-2011, 10:24 PM
wow!...very interesting!...is this the story in the books or the TV/DVD series?

Yeah, their books. Ryu Final vol 1 and vol 2. It's just an awesome story told by Nakahira.

His Alpha series is great as well.

Spartacus
01-29-2011, 10:45 PM
Yeah, their books. Ryu Final vol 1 and vol 2. It's just an awesome story told by Nakahira.

His Alpha series is great as well.

I want to get the collectors HC set, that way i have the entire story to read!....Thanks

Alpha_Flight
01-31-2011, 11:52 AM
That was to explain the dark hadou and the insecurities that he carried inside of him as a fighter.

Precisely. Funny how so many think Ryu is a one-dimensional character, when in fact he is quite complex.

I often wonder if Akuma is Ryu's father... considering the both carry the dark hadou in them, Ryu being an orphane and their ties with Gouken?

akumalove
02-01-2011, 11:21 AM
I often wonder if Akuma is Ryu's father... considering the both carry the dark hadou in them, Ryu being an orphane and their ties with Gouken?hmmmm :thinking:
Christina

TheSFToySpirit
02-01-2011, 12:19 PM
I want to get the collectors HC set, that way i have the entire story to read!....Thanks

I believe that these stories are not in the collectors HC set, the Nakahira's manga are independent to the Udon's comic. :thumbs2:

Is that right Ryu? I'm not sure, maybe I'm wrong :thinking:

Alpha_Flight
02-01-2011, 12:42 PM
I believe that these stories are not in the collectors HC set, the Nakahira's manga are independent to the Udon's comic. :thumbs2:

You are correct, they are independant from each other.

TheSFToySpirit
02-01-2011, 12:48 PM
I was not sure because I have not already read the entire Udon's comics, but it'll be past soon!..

Thanks to the HC collectors set!. :rolleyes:

Alpha_Flight
02-01-2011, 12:52 PM
I was not sure because I have not already read the entire Udon's comics, but it'll be past soon!..

Thanks to the HC collectors set!. :rolleyes:

Well you will thouroughly enjoy the UDON series! Welcome to the forum friend!

TheSFToySpirit
02-01-2011, 01:03 PM
Thanks, yes I already love Udon art style and theirs Street Fighter stories, Alvin Lee and others artists are truly the best illustrators that I know!.. (Yes there are also Nishimura, Akiman and co. but I will not speak about them this time!.. :dork: )

I really like their styles :thumbs2:

Ryu
02-02-2011, 12:23 AM
Precisely. Funny how so many think Ryu is a one-dimensional character, when in fact he is quite complex.

I often wonder if Akuma is Ryu's father... considering the both carry the dark hadou in them, Ryu being an orphane and their ties with Gouken?

It's been hinted, but I don't believe so, (at least I hope not Capcom). Akuma and Gouken are brothers that were trained by Master Goutetsu. Goutetsu taught them moves with the intention of killing an opponent; except he would not teach them the forbidden Shun Goku Satsu (Instant Hell Murder/Raging Demon). This is forbidden because the SGS, not only was this move meant to kill, it was also a double edge sword that could kill the user if the user makes the slightest mistake. After Gouken was chosen as Goutetsu's successor Akuma would fight and murder Goutetsu, before leaving behind both his master's dojo and his brother in order to train by himself. Later on, Gouken would find an abandoned orphan, Ryu, and take him under his wing. Ryu was joined by a second student, Ken Masters, who was sent from America by his father. Gouken teaches the boys a modified version of the techniques he was taught: turning fatal techniques such as the Hadouken and Shoryuken into tools for self-defense, removing their killing potential. Later on, Akuma would challenge Gouken, but Gouken could not bring himself to kill his brother the first time they fought while the second fight Akuma was much stronger because he had traded his humanity to gain power through mastering the dark hado; he even mastered the SGS (which he used to kill Gouken).

Ryu
02-02-2011, 12:27 AM

Yep, indies. Nakahira really gave the characters more depth.

akumalove
02-02-2011, 04:09 AM
It's been hinted, but I don't believe so, (at least I hope not Capcom). Akuma and Gouken are brothers that were trained by Master Goutetsu. Goutetsu taught them moves with the intention of killing an opponent; except he would not teach them the forbidden Shun Goku Satsu (Instant Hell Murder/Raging Demon). This is forbidden because the SGS, not only was this move meant to kill, it was also a double edge sword that could kill the user if the user makes the slightest mistake. After Gouken was chosen as Goutetsu's successor Akuma would fight and murder Goutetsu, before leaving behind both his master's dojo and his brother in order to train by himself. Later on, Gouken would find an abandoned orphan, Ryu, and take him under his wing. Ryu was joined by a second student, Ken Masters, who was sent from America by his father. Gouken teaches the boys a modified version of the techniques he was taught: turning fatal techniques such as the Hadouken and Shoryuken into tools for self-defense, removing their killing potential. Later on, Akuma would challenge Gouken, but Gouken could not bring himself to kill his brother the first time they fought while the second fight Akuma was much stronger because he had traded his humanity to gain power through mastering the dark hado; he even mastered the SGS (which he used to kill Gouken).
epic story!!!
When finally Hollywood sees the real potential of Strret Fighter and all their characters? Like for Marvel and DC they could give some characters their own movies and then make a trilogy where all of them meet in a tournament (but with a real good story, not like some JCVD movies) :)
Christina

SARFARAZ
02-02-2011, 07:56 AM
You know what I was thinking? What to eat.... Nah seriously, I was thinking it would be awesome if this ryu was portrayed as when he first tasted the dark hadou. Just imagine he's doing his hadouken pose, but his fireball is turning from blue to purple, his eyes are red, but he's still in his White Gi.

That statue would symbolise the biggest struggle ryu had faced and would just be amazing. I know jerry had plans to do evil ryu for the ex, but maybe do a bronze as the ex instead? It really would be one of a kind. What do you guys think?

TheSFToySpirit
02-02-2011, 08:02 AM
I think why not!.. :D

In all case it would be original, I like your idea... Maybe for a third variant!..

SARFARAZ
02-05-2011, 06:16 AM
So sculpting on this baby started, Jerry? :) This is the one for me. Can not f*****g wait!! I just pray it does get released this year.

GUILTY GEAR
02-05-2011, 06:35 AM
:tumblew: :tumblew: :tumblew:

VS1976
02-05-2011, 06:52 AM
Any news yet? How much do u think this will cost / retail anyways?

Ravager
02-05-2011, 08:12 AM
epic story!!!
When finally Hollywood sees the real potential of Strret Fighter and all their characters? Like for Marvel and DC they could give some characters their own movies and then make a trilogy where all of them meet in a tournament (but with a real good story, not like some JCVD movies) :)
Christina

There have been to many Bazinga!Bazinga!Bazinga!Bazinga!ty movies. They won't recover from the last one for years to come. Best bet is to do a full length animated feature.

TheSFToySpirit
02-05-2011, 08:48 AM
Best bet is to do a full length animated feature.

I dream that one day we have an other animated movie as excellent as Street Fighter Alpha is...

SARFARAZ
02-05-2011, 09:51 AM
You thought street fighter alpha was good? I hated it. Nothing beats street fighter II the animated movie for me.

wizardjones
02-05-2011, 10:53 AM
You thought street fighter alpha was good? I hated it. Nothing beats street fighter II the animated movie for me.

Rest are garbage compared to 2 the animated movie. Best thing about alpha was laughing until my stomach hurts when Ryu's brother is flipping out in that mental hospital. Just something about that kid rolling all over the ground making crazy noises made me die out laughing.
Capcom needs to hire some Udon writers and artist for the next one. We might get a great tale.

SARFARAZ
02-05-2011, 11:11 AM
If udon ever made an animated series, I would die a
Happy man. Just imagine it. Alvin Lee, Joe ng or even long vo doing the art would be awesome. God I pray one day that happens....

StatueHunter75
02-05-2011, 11:45 AM
Happy man. Just imagine it. Alvin Lee, Joe ng or even long vo doing the art would be awesome. God I pray one day that happens....

Udon even though there my favorite SF comic, Really dropped the ball with the Round One: Fight movie!!! It was mostly all still shots and hardly any anamation it was Such a Disapointment!!!

TheSFToySpirit
02-05-2011, 12:10 PM

Maybe that the story was not the best, but for me the character design and animation in this movie were the best that I ever seen.

SF Alpha is my favourite animated movie, but it's personal :thumbs2:

And it's true that SF2 the animated movie is nearly to the SF universe, but I like it less than SF alpha for other reasons. But it's also a great movie, no doubt about it :rolleyes:

It would be crazy!!

leplant
02-23-2011, 06:36 PM

:jawd: I just found this thread, this is fantastic news. Any chance we will see other street fighter characters in this scale?

MinMay
02-23-2011, 07:42 PM
hopefully, it'll be Akuma. Don't quote me on this, but I recall Jerry saying that Ryu and Akuma are statues that he can improve from the 1:4 size. Maybe someone else remember it... I won't buy this if only Ryu in 1:3 is made. I would hate to have just Ryu in that size sitting in a corner somewhere....

:jawd: I just found this thread, this is fantastic news. Any chance we will see other street fighter characters in this scale?

RAGINGDEMON500
02-23-2011, 08:24 PM
cant wait..... hoping for pics soon..

OuttaSight
02-23-2011, 09:04 PM

If it sells well then I think it would be fun to release one of these per year.

TheSFToySpirit
02-23-2011, 09:09 PM
:buttrock: :buttrock:

VS1976
02-23-2011, 09:17 PM

How much do u think this will retail for?

kirthew
02-23-2011, 09:24 PM
I wonder is it really going to be that much bigger than 1/4th scale? I am in for one... and it is going to be amazing! :)

Old Snake
02-23-2011, 09:41 PM
Have you decided whether to go cloth or all sculpted? Same art direction as the 1/4, or more realistic?

Spazzy
02-23-2011, 09:59 PM
can't wait for this! I LIKED the Ryu, but was never blown away to get me started in the line, Vega did that for me.

This should be epic!

TheSFToySpirit
02-23-2011, 11:02 PM
Have you decided whether to go cloth or all sculpted? Same art direction as the 1/4, or more realistic?
I remember that J said that it'll be more realistic, for the others I don't know...

akumalove
02-24-2011, 04:20 AM
hopefully, it'll be Akuma. Don't quote me on this, but I recall Jerry saying that Ryu and Akuma are statues that he can improve from the 1:4 size. Maybe someone else remember it... I won't buy this if only Ryu in 1:3 is made. I would hate to have just Ryu in that size sitting in a corner somewhere....Yes me :)
And I would love to see Akuma in 1:3 scale :praying:

They will run well and I am 100% on board!! :thumbs2:
Christina

premium_substit
02-24-2011, 04:26 AM
1 per year and realistic style sounds perfect. Can't wait to see the presence Ryu will have.

artofgarduno
02-24-2011, 01:00 PM
COunt me in I cant wait for 1/3

artofgarduno
02-24-2011, 01:01 PM
The only problem is finding were to display this bad boy. Im still trying to find room to display the new Lion-O thats coming out!!!!!!!!!!!

akumalove
02-24-2011, 01:20 PM
The only problem is finding were to display this bad boy. Im still trying to find room to display the new Lion-O thats coming out!!!!!!!!!!!
+ 1 :thinking:
Am selling my Sideshow Marvel stuff at the moment to replace it by PCS items.
Christina

High Lord Apocalypse
02-24-2011, 03:39 PM
Christina

lol. you have PCS fever chris!

RAGINGDEMON500
02-24-2011, 08:02 PM
Cant wait for Akuma

artofgarduno
02-24-2011, 08:19 PM
Christina

yeah I am also selling my sideshow wolverine ex to buy PCS statues too.

Tin
02-24-2011, 08:28 PM
Christina

Hey Christina, I'm actually looking for Marvel stuff right now! I've done the opposite, I've had to put some rare stuff up for sale to feed my Marvel habit lol.

If you have stuff for sale, any chance you could PM me with a list?

akumalove
02-25-2011, 05:52 AM
Hey Christina, I'm actually looking for Marvel stuff right now! I've done the opposite, I've had to put some rare stuff up for sale to feed my Marvel habit lol.

If you have stuff for sale, any chance you could PM me with a list?PM sent :D Not much anymore though ;)
Christina

akumalove
02-25-2011, 05:53 AM
Cant wait for AkumaYes, Akuma in 1:3 scale mixed media would be amazing!!

lol. you have PCS fever chris!
I think so :/
Fortunately I'm not into Judge Dredd and MK, so I can concentrate on SF.

Christina

TheSFToySpirit
02-25-2011, 08:31 AM
Christina
Lol I sold my whole PS3 games collection, unfortunately now I have nothing at all to sell!... :mad:

Yes, Akuma in 1:3 scale mixed media would be amazing!!
We'll have to wait some times, but I'm impatient too!..

Christina
Ditto, fortunately! :D

THE_BEAST
02-25-2011, 12:21 PM
Yes, Akuma in 1:3 scale mixed media would be amazing!!

Christina

:jawd: :bawling:

akumalove
02-25-2011, 01:48 PM
Never played MK (too much blood).
:o :confused2
Christina

SARFARAZ
02-25-2011, 07:54 PM
Mortal kombat just got banned in australia! Feel sorry for them.

THE_BEAST
02-25-2011, 08:42 PM
So there not going to get the new MK game?

El Pulento
02-25-2011, 08:56 PM
Mortal kombat just got banned in australia! Feel sorry for them.

4 real?...

SARFARAZ
02-25-2011, 09:06 PM
4 real. They're basically not giving it an 18 rating cus in Australia there games only get rated up to 15 age. I know a lot of MK fans in Australia who are pissed!

Ryu
02-25-2011, 09:37 PM
Jerry, have you decided sculpted or cloth?

Do or do not
02-26-2011, 12:11 AM
1/3 scale would be sick and I'd be very tempted :) Cloth would be my choice.

Quest99
02-26-2011, 12:17 AM
+1 for real fabrics
:praying:

OuttaSight
02-26-2011, 12:18 AM
Jerry, have you decided sculpted or cloth?

We're sculpting it nude so we can use cloth...but I am leaving the door open to sculpting the clothes if I dont like how it looks.

VS1976
02-26-2011, 12:25 AM
We're sculpting it nude so we can use cloth...but I am leaving the door open to sculpting the clothes if I dont like how it looks.

Great idea. How much are u planning to set the price at?

sdbuzzcut
02-26-2011, 12:53 AM

I know some folks don't like the Premium Format statues. I was certainly one of them...

...until I got my first one, Lord of Darkness. From that point on I was hooked.

I hope Jerry likes how the cloth looks because I really think it would be awesome in 1:3.

Old Snake
02-26-2011, 01:03 AM
Cloth is the ideal way to go. As long as it has the appropriate thickness and texture for 1/3 scale. I know it can be done.

A strike against going all-sculpted is that you miss out on the anatomy sculpture underneath. With a fully sculpted gi, you won't be able to adjust it as you like. The casting process will surely sacrifice details between the body and outfit.

The tears on the shoulders/pants, the belt, and bandana will all be fragile. It would be a pain sending back a 1/3 statue for a tiny chipped piece on the uniform.

Ryu
02-26-2011, 01:42 AM

:thinking: Hm, sculpted has a chance. Whoo!

Dont kid yourself. He's so going with cloth. :laugh:

RAGINGDEMON500
02-26-2011, 02:26 AM
Jerry can u show us how the clothes version looks and non clothes is ?

TheSFToySpirit
02-26-2011, 03:59 AM
Cloth is the ideal way to go. As long as it has the appropriate thickness and texture for 1/3 scale. I know it can be done.

A strike against going all-sculpted is that you miss out on the anatomy sculpture underneath. With a fully sculpted gi, you won't be able to adjust it as you like. The casting process will surely sacrifice details between the body and outfit.

The tears on the shoulders/pants, the belt, and bandana will all be fragile. It would be a pain sending back a 1/3 statue for a tiny chipped piece on the uniform.

Ryu
02-26-2011, 04:15 AM

Statue breakage happens regardless of mixed media or sculpted. I got the Ryu/Sagat dio without any damages. I'm sure Jerry will make sure the packing will be good. Regarding adjusting the gi, you got to be kidding? With him in the hado pose, I doubt you can take his top off. He aint taylor lautner lol

Darth_Ryan
02-26-2011, 05:43 AM
Looking forward to some WIPS.

wvg9250
02-26-2011, 06:15 AM

Agreed!!! :goodpost:

sdbuzzcut
02-26-2011, 12:01 PM
Regarding adjusting the gi, you got to be kidding? With him in the hado pose, I doubt you can take his top off. He aint taylor lautner lol

They're not kidding, they're very serious. The folks here who are addicted to torsos and abs will find a way. They've ripped out seams before and they'll rip out seams again. ;)

Ultrapunch
02-26-2011, 12:10 PM
sculpted clothes seem to give a more dynamic look usually.

bebohawk
02-26-2011, 12:30 PM
I wonder how much this piece is gonna cost, I know Jerry said the is gonna be expensive But I hope is less the $800 but I know this is gonna a Master Piece and is gonna worth every dollar

chunky
02-26-2011, 01:30 PM
They're not kidding, they're very serious. The folks here who are addicted to torsos and abs will find a way. They've ripped out seams before and they'll rip out seams again. ;)

All about the nipples....:hilarious:

TheSFToySpirit
02-26-2011, 04:13 PM
I wonder how much this piece is gonna cost, I know Jerry said the is gonna be expensive But I hope is less the $800 but I know this is gonna a Master Piece and is gonna worth every dollar
Jerry is it possible for you to give us an idea of the price? Approximately :rolleyes:

Ryu
02-26-2011, 04:40 PM

Oh, I know. I've seen other mixed media statues outside PCS, where people have done this. I'm sure sandpaper or steel wool would spike in sales if this statue is sculpted. Nippleshttp://img34.imageshack.us/img34/6176/gahr.gif

sdbuzzcut
02-26-2011, 07:11 PM
All about the nipples....:hilarious:

Oh, I know it's all about the neeples. I was just giving them the benefit of the doubt.

T-Jam
02-27-2011, 05:16 PM

i think jerry said it would be around the 500 dollar mark....but things change :confused2

WarMachine714
04-04-2011, 08:12 AM
Is Ryu going to be the only piece in 1/3 scale? Possibly more characters in the future?

TheSFToySpirit
04-04-2011, 09:31 AM
Is Ryu going to be the only piece in 1/3 scale? Possibly more characters in the future?
If ryu sells well, there is no reason to don't have an other, I hope!

However for the moment we don't have any news about this line apart Ryu..

steverx78
04-04-2011, 06:32 PM
any updates? :tumblew: :tumblew:

Zangief
04-04-2011, 06:37 PM
The whole PCS section is dead! We need some updates Jerry...

I do think Mumm-Ra is coming out this week though so hopefully that will boost some discussion.

TheSFToySpirit
04-04-2011, 06:50 PM
It's real that it's not very eventful these days...

WarMachine714
04-04-2011, 06:57 PM
If ryu sells well, there is no reason to don't have an other, I hope!

However for the moment we don't have any news about this line apart Ryu..

I hope as well. With Ryu in his hadoken pose, it would look awesome with another character in his/her pose. Like a diorama. (Ryu vs Akuma, Ken, Bison, etc)

Zangief
04-04-2011, 07:03 PM
I hope as well. With Ryu in his hadoken pose, it would look awesome with another character in his/her pose. Like a diorama. (Ryu vs Akuma, Ken, Bison, etc)

1/3 dioramas. Now that would be sweet

Quest99
04-04-2011, 07:12 PM

Wonder how much shipping would be for one of those....mamma Mia!

TheSFToySpirit
04-04-2011, 07:13 PM
An 1/3 of Ken during that he makes a shoryuken, what an awesome statue it would be!.. And Guile during a Flash kick!..

I can't imagine a display with only SF 1/3 scale with action pose!.. It would be beautiful!...

And the place that we need for them too :itsb:

If we can at least have news of the actual dio, it's already a good thing :p

ALIMOE27
04-04-2011, 09:15 PM

I do think Mumm-Ra is coming out this week though so hopefully that will boost some discussion.

agreed. What happened here. I guess we were too spoiled. Nothing to discuss about. No updates. :tumblew:
I just hope the hype doesn't die out

THE_BEAST
04-09-2011, 12:45 AM
:tumblew:

chaggs1
04-13-2011, 04:20 PM

Any updates?

TheSFToySpirit
04-13-2011, 07:09 PM
Any updates?

madmanny
05-08-2011, 05:10 PM
Anything new you can tell us about this one Jerry?

SARFARAZ
05-25-2011, 03:06 PM
How's this baby coming along, Jerry? Please tell us
Something! :(

Fuzzylojiks
05-25-2011, 03:09 PM
An 1/3 of Ken during that he makes a shoryuken, what an awesome statue it would be!.. And Guile during a Flash kick!..

I can't imagine a display with only SF 1/3 scale with action pose!.. It would be beautiful!...

And the place that we need for them too :itsb:

Wow, that would be awesome!

1/3 dios what a good dream......

TheSFToySpirit
05-26-2011, 04:33 PM
Wow, that would be awesome!

1/3 dios what a good dream......
1/3 dio would be amazing it's sure, but I just have to buy a new house if this line comes out one day :eek:

SARFARAZ
05-28-2011, 05:47 AM
Wow, can't believe nobody posted at all in the pcs section yesterday. That's how dead it is lately lol.

TheSFToySpirit
05-28-2011, 08:17 AM
Wow, can't believe nobody posted at all in the pcs section yesterday. That's how dead it is lately lol.
I made the same reflection lol

Big Hulk
05-28-2011, 09:10 AM

It's probably because all Jerry does on this forum any more is try and pimp his ebay auctions. :doh!:

SARFARAZ
05-28-2011, 09:40 AM
Nah, Jerry did message me saying it will be quiet now until sdcc. Guess we gotta just be patient.

chaggs1
05-28-2011, 02:57 PM
It's probably because all Jerry does on this forum any more is try and pimp his ebay auctions. :doh!:

:waah: :goodpost:

leplant
05-30-2011, 01:03 AM

I guess Jerry is suffering the same defamation of character issues that plague most of the sculpter producers who attempt to frequent the forum. Frankly, I wouldn't want to deal with the negativity either.

Titanchuck
05-30-2011, 02:13 AM
:thinking:

SARFARAZ
05-30-2011, 05:33 AM
Nah this line is alive and well. Just wait till sdcc...

chaggs1
05-30-2011, 06:11 AM
I guess Jerry is suffering the same defamation of character issues that plague most of the sculpter producers who attempt to frequent the forum. Frankly, I wouldn't want to deal with the negativity either.

Rubbish Leplant for Jerry not to respond to his fans and to a very positive thread is so negative.

leplant
05-30-2011, 12:21 PM
Rubbish Leplant for Jerry not to respond to his fans and to a very positive thread is so negative.

I don't want to assume that you are an insensitive jerk, so in case you don't know, his brother just died. Give the guy a break.

SARFARAZ
05-30-2011, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by crazyfoo
Jerry, why all the silence for street fighter lately? I hope everything's ok!

"Just really busy and everything is so behind that I dont want to talk about anything new until it all gets up to speed.

it will probably be pretty quiet until SDCC."

chaggs1
05-30-2011, 03:24 PM
I don't want to assume that you are an insensitive jerk, so in case you don't know, his brother just died. Give the guy a break.

I think everybody is aware of his loss and feel for him. But don't lay that cheap shot on me you jerk.:stick:

leplant
05-30-2011, 03:42 PM
I think everybody is aware of his loss and feel for him. But don't lay that cheap shot on me you jerk.:stick:

I find it interesting that people are taking shots at a guy for not being available, when he just lost a family member. If you are one of those people, and you are aware of his loss, then its not me that is being a jerk. Honestly dude, you need to do a little introspection, and ask yourself if now is the best time to lay Jerry out for not being available to answer your questions about a statue. Its a statue!!!! get your priorities straight

benocehcap
05-30-2011, 04:31 PM
Rage of the nerds...

manboy
05-30-2011, 04:32 PM

you kinda brought it on yourself. Heaven forbid he doesnt answer your every whim on this forum. God knows I wouldnt.

bebohawk
05-30-2011, 04:39 PM
I find it interesting that people are taking shots at a guy for not being available, when he just lost a family member. If you are one of those people, and you are aware of his loss, then its not me that is being a jerk. Honestly dude, you need to do a little introspection, and ask yourself if now is the best time to lay Jerry out for not being available to answer your questions about a statue. Its a statue!!!! get your priorities straight

:goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost:

Pryde
06-10-2011, 12:31 PM
*bump*

Jerry, any pics? Perhaps a sneak peek before sdcc?

Sinister Mister
06-11-2011, 05:24 PM
Well this thread got really despicable and disgusting all of the sudden. The irony here is that in light of all the bogus and cheap accusations, he's no doubt probably hard at work on new pieces and announcements to show off at SDCC '11.

sirkangol
06-11-2011, 09:40 PM
I know how u guys feel. Im waiting for him to call me to paint the new pieces. I have a bad feeling that I will have to be working very long hours before SDCC...

Mike N...

Quest99
06-11-2011, 10:14 PM
I know how u guys feel. Im waiting for him to call me to paint the new pieces. I have a bad feeling that I will have to be working very long hours before SDCC...

Mike N...

Let's go Mike you can do it! :DJsmile:

SARFARAZ
06-12-2011, 04:53 AM
Hey mike, what are the new pieces? :)

firefly76
06-12-2011, 10:41 AM

Mike N...

If Jerry aint saying .....i don't think the painter is going to leak any info

SARFARAZ
06-12-2011, 11:42 AM
I was kidding, dude. Obviously I know that. :)

OuttaSight
06-12-2011, 07:33 PM

Mike N...

Yes you are my friend...

its all going to be the final two weeks before Comic Con.

THE_BEAST
06-12-2011, 07:38 PM
Comic Con cant come soon enough. :penguin:
So its safe to assume that this will be available for pre-prder from SSC soon?
Also, Are you going to make a evil ryu version?

OuttaSight
06-12-2011, 07:43 PM
No not soon. This is slated for SDCC 2012 in honor of the 25th Anniversary of Street Fighter.

THE_BEAST
06-12-2011, 07:48 PM
:(

TheSFToySpirit
06-12-2011, 08:01 PM
No not soon. This is slated for SDCC 2012 in honor of the 25th Anniversary of Street Fighter.
Great! Even if it's in a long time, we have a date for him now!.. With this period of time this statue will be more awesome than never :thumbs2:

A great deal for the 25th anniversary ;)

wizardjones
06-12-2011, 10:00 PM

Wow it's that time for street fighter already Jerry? I can only imagine what capcom is gonna do with all the hype they already have for this series. Gratz on this man. You should make a bundle of money.

sirkangol
06-12-2011, 11:07 PM
Yes you are my friend...

I HATE You....:radior:

THE_BEAST
06-13-2011, 12:34 AM
lol

Runes
06-13-2011, 03:13 AM
Ryu 1/3 scale will be out this year at comic con

This is the respones we have all been waiting for.

akumalove
06-13-2011, 06:25 AM
There is a little chance that I will be on the comic con 2012, so that would be great :D
Christina

premium_substit
06-13-2011, 06:32 AM

Hmm.. this is fine by me.. I cannot wait to see how you blow up 1:3 scale/prestige

madmanny
11-04-2011, 08:35 PM
Some progress pics on this would be great :)

If you do not provide pics then the bunny gets it

Atheris
11-04-2011, 09:14 PM
Would be nice if MK could get some 1:3 treatment....or even 1:2 :(

Chris

Artsta
01-08-2012, 03:17 AM
So here's what we know so far...

Here, http://statueforum.com/showpost.php?p=3150559&postcount=50 Jerry said:

I really dont have any plans to revisit any characters as 1/4scale mixed media EXCEPT Ryu.

The reason for the Ryu is because I want a 1/4 scale Ryu throwing a fireball on my shelf (similar to my old SOTA Statue) . but this Ryu will come with a large sculpted base, not the black museum style.

it may even have a slab of marble under it.

Its going to be very high end and very limited. Probably $500 and 250 total pcs.

Sometime in 2011

He later corrected this in the same thread and said it's actually 1/3.

Then in this thread, here, http://statueforum.com/showpost.php?p=3776155&postcount=22 , he said sculpting started in February 2011.

Then there was some posts about using fabric or sculpting the clothes in with the statue which can be found in this thread.

Then as for painting and announcements we've got this here, http://statueforum.com/showpost.php?p=3946855&postcount=170 :

Yes you are my friend...

And lastly we've got... No not soon. This is slated for SDCC 2012 in honor of the 25th Anniversary of Street Fighter.

If this is SDCC2012 Exclusive I'm going to be very very sad... I made it there last year, not sure I can go this year... And dang it I want a PCS RYU!

jye318
01-08-2012, 05:16 AM
Yea I need ryu too, if they can do another 1/4, it will be great that I don't have to buy the old one.....

SARFARAZ
01-08-2012, 06:27 AM
This will never be a sdcc exclusive. Don't worry guys.

derekrodneysim
01-08-2012, 07:29 AM
Why not?

TheSFToySpirit
01-08-2012, 08:53 AM
This will never be a sdcc exclusive. Don't worry guys.
Yeah I hope so!!

SARFARAZ
01-08-2012, 08:55 AM
Jerry would have said and I don't think he'll want to screw most of us over from getting it. Well I hope so..

Artsta
01-08-2012, 10:27 AM
^I hope you're right too!

Rainy
01-08-2012, 11:30 AM
Im curious...

No fabric who would ask for that?
I need fabric and i need it to be removable to see Ryu muscles and regarding the pose I would like him if he is in Metsu Hadoken stance or fight stance.
I would pay 600+ for one:radior:

bigsilva77
01-08-2012, 11:37 AM
Not a big SF collector, but with only 200 being made. I would by one...

Rainy
01-08-2012, 11:45 AM

check post number 84
"If it sells well then I think it would be fun to release one of these per year."

chaggs1
01-08-2012, 11:48 AM
Or every two years with Jerry's projects

luiggi505
01-08-2012, 07:01 PM
I'd love a 1/3 Ryu

BornFreeSF
05-07-2012, 01:56 PM
Just bumping this.

So, catching up, it sounds like it's in hadoken stance, 1/3, with a different base, and it's launching at SDCC2012 in July.

Questions for anyone who knows. If not, I'll post to Jerry in the main ask PCS thread.

1. Has anyone seen any teaser pics?

2. Will there be an exclusive Evil Ryu?

3. When can we actually order it? And when is it likely to arrive?

4. What type of styrofoam.....nah just kidding :deadh:

Super excited!

Cheers
Mark :penguin:

vmcoelho
05-07-2012, 02:18 PM
Just bumping this.

So, catching up, it sounds like it's in hadoken stance, 1/3, with a different base, and it's launching at SDCC2012 in July.

Questions for anyone who knows. If not, I'll post to Jerry in the main ask PCS thread.

1. Has anyone seen any teaser pics?

2. Will there be an exclusive Evil Ryu?

3. When can we actually order it? And when is it likely to arrive?

4. What type of styrofoam.....nah just kidding :deadh:

Super excited!

Cheers
Mark :penguin:

Hey bud Mark =)

1 - As far as i know, no pics yet.
2 - That's a good question lol
3 - Its going to be displayed in SDCC2012. Here comes the question: Will it only be available there? If yes then i'll be very sad like others from the thread.

Really hope Jerry doesn't do this to the whole "army" of fans waiting for this Ryu.... people here in Brazil are crazy waiting for more info.... SDCC can't come soon enough

BornFreeSF
05-07-2012, 02:33 PM
Hey bud Mark =)

1 - As far as i know, no pics yet.
2 - That's a good question lol
3 - Its going to be displayed in SDCC2012. Here comes the question: Will it only be available there? If yes then i'll be very sad like others from the thread.

Really hope Jerry doesn't do this to the whole "army" of fans waiting for this Ryu.... people here in Brazil are crazy waiting for more info.... SDCC can't come soon enough

Hey Victor!

Thanks for the answers :)

My memory is really bad but I'm pretty sure I asked Jerry if we'd be able to buy it at SDCC and he said it was just being revealed there.

I'll be at SDCC so will be able to confirm. I very much doubt it will be an SDCC exclusive. It's too big a deal.

Actually I don't think he is selling anything new at SDCC - just reveals.

But I was hoping we could get some teasers...!

M

7omous
05-07-2012, 03:15 PM
yea hope he does a 1/4 ryu again the first pose looks quite boring to me...

wizardjones
05-07-2012, 03:26 PM
I really wanted this but I think by the time it comes out I will be more interested in a motorcycle. Good luck friends.

WarMachine714
05-07-2012, 03:49 PM
Taking a while. Not even a teaser for it :(

chaggs1
05-07-2012, 05:22 PM
201 posts and not a teaser:waah:

johnclone
05-07-2012, 07:15 PM

johnclone
05-07-2012, 07:15 PM
203 oh the agony

johnclone
05-07-2012, 07:17 PM
Taking a while. Not even a teaser for it :(

nope

Ricky Bobby
No surprise there...what's the Sagat thread at with no teasers...

johnclone
now we're at 206

Nitefall
05-07-2012, 07:29 PM
now we're at 206

:laugh: Yeah but who's counting??:confused2

akumalove
05-08-2012, 03:31 AM
Think this Ryu is the most secret project Jerry works on and he'll surprise us at the SDCC I'm pretty sure.
Christina

vmcoelho
05-08-2012, 08:05 AM
Think this Ryu is the most secret project Jerry works on and he'll surprise us at the SDCC I'm pretty sure.
Christina

really looking forward to this surprise

derekrodneysim
05-08-2012, 08:34 AM
It's about the same talk if you go all the way back to the start of the thread! :laugh:

Why can't you guys just let it rest until we see something even remotely concrete? If he doesn't want to share it, let it be.

derekrodneysim
05-08-2012, 08:36 AM
Well since it's The PCS section, it's only valid that we start debating the quality of the styrofoam then. Never too early! Since it's 1:3 and considerably larger, you might think it's gonna be cheaper stuff since Jerry wants it at 500 bucks and 250 pcs. :tongue:

OuttaSight
05-16-2012, 12:37 AM
Update on 1:3 Ryu. Unfortunately I dont think its going to be finished and approved in time for Comic Con.

It will probably be announced in August.

Krueger187
05-16-2012, 02:47 AM
Damn was really looking forward to seeing
1/3 RYU sooner than later :(

SARFARAZ
05-16-2012, 03:32 AM
Can we atleast get a sneek pic?

crazy_legs03
05-16-2012, 03:51 AM
Thanks for the update Jerry, I'm sure the wait will not disappoint, as this will be an epic piece

Krueger187
05-16-2012, 01:48 PM
I hope they do a evil ryu for EX
like they did first time around

wizardjones
05-16-2012, 02:04 PM
Can we atleast get a sneek pic?

:laugh:
I love seeing you post this. Hopefully we do get one but oh well right?

SARFARAZ
05-16-2012, 04:42 PM
Haha can't blame a fella for trying, huh? ;)

Niero
05-22-2012, 10:50 PM
That's really disappointing Jerry, I'm flying 14 hours to SDCC in July and this Ryu was my most anticipated statue of the event

You must be very frustrated too, since for more then a year you were saying that you wanted to show this piece at SDCC.

Well, approvals are really slow with capcom...

Artsta
05-22-2012, 11:02 PM
I'm happy about this actually. (I spent all the money I was saving for the 1:3 Ryu to go to Comic Con). Heh so let's go August!

Ridimous
05-24-2012, 12:49 AM
Pics for goodness sake.

Daemon
05-24-2012, 02:57 AM
Pics for goodness sake.

i think they try to kill us with a "cantwait" feeling

Freon
05-24-2012, 10:17 AM
Pics for goodness sake.

It's only been a year and a half. Have some patience would ya!!! :tongue:

SARFARAZ
05-24-2012, 02:09 PM
You know, I'm still praying that this Ryu is actually firing the hadouken and not charging it as usual, with a light up hadouken in blue and a sexy marble base. Tic toc is the game though huh? ........

7omous
05-24-2012, 05:57 PM
Marble base is going to add a hell of a lot of useless weight to the piece in my opinion

SARFARAZ
05-24-2012, 06:37 PM
Yes but Jerry said he wanted a marble base for this piece.

chaggs1
05-24-2012, 07:26 PM
More delays:admin:

OuttaSight
05-24-2012, 08:13 PM
Its going to be awhile more before you see anything on this.

Really wanted to make Comic Con but two problems, A) approvals taking too long and B) Sideshow doesnt have the space for Comic Con even if it were approved.

SARFARAZ
05-25-2012, 04:42 AM
Okay why are approvals taking too long? What's up with capcom? Are they just busy to give approvals? Has anything been approved by capcom? I just don't get it. There were never problems with approvals before and now all of a sudden they want to study these as if they were a friggin puzzle...

I and I
05-25-2012, 11:28 AM
Really don't get it. Capcom has the right to be picky, to is out of the question. But why do they let more inferieur statues from other manufactures hit the market when those of pcs are really proven themself.

equi-nox76
05-25-2012, 12:33 PM
It seems that the other procucers get the ok much faster, that is for sure. I wonder why. Maybe because the PCS line is the high-end line and they want to get them correct? hm

Ricky Bobby
05-25-2012, 02:42 PM
Okay why are approvals taking too long? What's up with capcom? Are they just busy to give approvals? Has anything been approved by capcom? I just don't get it. There were never problems with approvals before and now all of a sudden they want to study these as if they were a friggin puzzle...

Who knows bud...but it's the way she goes

SARFARAZ
06-02-2012, 12:50 PM
Jerry, what's the news on this bad boy? Approved? Is this digital or hand sculpted and any peaks? ;)

Artsta
06-02-2012, 07:20 PM
Who knows bud...but it's the way she goes

I think it's because this is the 25th Anniversary of Street Fighter. So I'm pretty sure every company and their momma are trying to hassle Capcom to approve some product for them. Just look at all the companies having issues.

Kotobukiya - Acquired license last July, not a peep about any production from them.

Prototype Z Studios - Acquired license. Target release for Ryu was late March, early April. We're now in June.

PCS - I think goes without saying that they're having a hell of a time getting approvals as well.

Sota - Ya'll remember their 1/5 Chun-Li that they announced to rival PCS' Chun-li? Welp the hype around that has died and so far it's nothing but crickets.

If ya'll need an Street Fighter fix I highly recommend Square Enix's action figure line. Ryu, Chun-Li, Akuma, and Cammy are all superb! Best action figures ever...

OuttaSight
06-02-2012, 07:52 PM
The 1:3 Ryu is all hand sculpted. Its too big for digital.

SARFARAZ
06-02-2012, 07:55 PM
Sweet! So did you decide on fully sculpted with this one? Hope you did!

OuttaSight
06-02-2012, 07:55 PM
If ya'll need an Street Fighter fix I highly recommend Square Enix's action figure line. Ryu, Chun-Li, Akuma, and Cammy are all superb! Best action figures ever...

I agree....amazing figures.

SARFARAZ
06-02-2012, 07:57 PM
They are amazing. Especially the Ryu.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f82/the1likesaf/3fd03511.jpg

OuttaSight
06-02-2012, 08:12 PM
They are amazing. Especially the Ryu.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f82/the1likesaf/3fd03511.jpg

I can say this...

Capcom feels that Ryu head is the *perfect* Ryu face. So anyone trying to make a Ryu product that doesnt look just like it is going to have an uphill battle !

Comicbookguy
06-03-2012, 02:47 PM
How about another ryu statue in PF for late comers? A new color? Or a new sculpt? Would love a chance to get one for less than 2k.

SARFARAZ
06-03-2012, 02:54 PM
Not this again, lol.

equi-nox76
06-03-2012, 02:57 PM
True, I was late for so many things and just saved the money to buy it when I wanted it so badly.
You can buy this one or maybe a fully sculpted Ryu soon.

Ricky Bobby
06-03-2012, 10:54 PM
The 1:3 Ryu is all hand sculpted. Its too big for digital.

Thank you,there only a very few sculptors who still do things old school...i am looking forward to seeing Ryu

bebohawk
06-04-2012, 10:50 AM
They look nice but I still think Jerry's Old Sota Figures have that title and are way better

I agree....amazing figures.

The only thing this line have it's size and articulation other then that your old line it's far better but I'm looking forward to see your new line

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f82/the1likesaf/3fd03511.jpg[/QUOTE]

I can say this...

Capcom feels that Ryu head is the *perfect* Ryu face. So anyone trying to make a Ryu product that doesnt look just like it is going to have an uphill battle !

Wow Really??? :smokin::smokin: I just hope any future Ryu's including 1/3 from you doesn't look anything like that since I really don't like the head sculp on that figure :doh!:

akumalove
06-14-2012, 04:15 AM
Is there already a decision if Ryu 1/3 will be mixed media or sculpted?
Please mixed media :)
Christina

SARFARAZ
06-14-2012, 04:24 AM
Dunno yet and welcome back Christina! :)

Oni_Akuma_1982
06-14-2012, 05:02 AM
Evil Ryu would be nice too ...

BornFreeSF
06-14-2012, 08:36 AM
Evil Ryu would be nice too ...

:iagree::goodpost:

Although I imagine if it's the SF4 Evil Ryu it will be more complex because he has the hole in his chest. But it would be an amazing EX.

Oni_Akuma_1982
06-14-2012, 10:24 AM
Yeah I agree ! I'm gettin the Akuma Half Scale Statue by Art Department and Oni.... I really need Evil Ryu :D !!!

Mannequin
06-14-2012, 02:13 PM
Is there already a decision if Ryu 1/3 will be mixed media or sculpted?
Please mixed media :)
Christina

Your back already.. a months break was refreshing wasn't it... Will you be getting this 1/3 scale?