PDA

View Full Version : Question about mending a broken Vega statue

profmhigdon
02-01-2011, 09:12 PM
Today I received a Street Fighter Vega statue; however, both ponytails as well as the claws on his hand are broken. What's the best glue for mending this? Thanks so much!

lemonman6
02-01-2011, 10:30 PM
I'm not too sure about the claws, but the ponytail is probably a clean break and should be no problem with just super glue. If you place it just right then you can hardly tell it was ever broken.

I initially did that with a broken one I got, even though I eventually asked SS for a replacement.

akumalove
02-02-2011, 04:18 AM
Everything can be repaired perfectly, member Schoorman of a German forum was able to fix a completely broken one (multiple breaks on pony tail, claws, hands, ...) and you can't even tell he ever was broken. So it's definately possible.
Christina
EDIT: PS: Welcome to the forum prof :)

dobman
02-02-2011, 09:00 AM
My claw was broken I applied super glue with a tooth pic and it work like a charm cant even see were it was broken.

TheSFToySpirit
02-02-2011, 09:20 AM
My Vega had also a claw broken and I used an instant nail glue (borrowed from my girlfriend), and it worked perfectly, I also used this glue for my Udon busts belt. The brand's name is "American Nails".

It's useful for small things, because there's a brush and it's very strong. :thumbs2: