PDA

View Full Version : Supanovas Sydney and Perth 2011!

Royd
02-07-2011, 09:14 PM
Hey People,

The initial guest list for Sydney and Perth Supanovas is now up for viewing -

http://www.supanova.com.au/news/coast-coast-supanova-brings/

David Finch and Dave Johnson are the 2 international comic creator guests - woohoo!

Cary Elwes - must get my "Princess Bride" DVD signed!
Morena Baccarin - get Firefly DVD signed!
Sean Maher - get Firefly DVD signed!

And many more..... Woohoo!

Royd

Wrothy
02-08-2011, 01:54 AM
Hey People,

The initial guest list for Sydney and Perth Supanovas is now up for viewing -

http://www.supanova.com.au/news/coast-coast-supanova-brings/

David Finch and Dave Johnson are the 2 international comic creator guests - woohoo!

Cary Elwes - must get my "Princess Bride" DVD signed!
Morena Baccarin - get Firefly DVD signed!
Sean Maher - get Firefly DVD signed!

And many more..... Woohoo!

Royd

Awesome! :buttrock:

Rocket
02-08-2011, 01:56 AM
Oh we are so in :D

Wrothy
02-08-2011, 02:29 AM
Oh we are so in :D

Also awesome! :buttrock:

Rocket
02-08-2011, 02:50 AM
Also awesome! :buttrock:

:D

:penguin: :penguin:

Royd
03-22-2011, 03:14 AM
Apart from recent additions, Barbara Eden, Larry Hagman and Bill Daily (Major Healy) from "I Dream of Genie", we now have Stargate stars Corin Nemec (Jonas Quinn) and David Nykl (Radek Zalenka) as well as Danielle Harris from Rob Zombie's "Halloween" films coming to Perth - woohoo!

Rocket
03-22-2011, 03:19 AM
Saw that mate! Think the 40 dollar option to get a pic with Danielle may be worth it! She was a big part of my horror watching youth! :D

Bods
03-22-2011, 03:22 AM
as well as Danielle Harris from Rob Zombie's "Halloween" films coming to Perth - woohoo!

must say Danielle Harris is a really cool addition to the line-up!

Royd
03-22-2011, 03:35 AM
I must fess up and say that I only vaguely recognised Danielle - I haven't watched much horror genre material in the past few years!

Rocket
03-22-2011, 04:03 AM
When I saw the update, I yelled "Danielle Harris"!!! Steph came running and then replied with, "Who?" :laugh:

Royd
03-23-2011, 09:22 PM
For those interested in whether Dave Finch is sketching, I heard back from Spencer Beck today who confirmed that Dave would indeed be sketching at his Supanova appearances!

Unfortunately he won't be doing full figure pieces and his rates are as follows:

$60.00 for head sketch
$150.00 for bust shot ( basically the breast bone up)
$300.00 for torso shot. (basically in or about the knees up )

Wrothy and I also confirmed with Dave Johnson that he would be sketching at Supanova and I'm waiting for Dave to get back to me with information regarding his sketch rates and if he will be doing full figure pieces :) Best,

Royd

Royd
03-23-2011, 09:46 PM
Addendum: Neither Dave Finch or Dave Johnson are taking pre-show orders/requests.

Rocket
03-23-2011, 11:12 PM
Just saw your email in my inbox Roydster! Thanks so much for the heads up mate :D

Royd
03-23-2011, 11:28 PM
No worries mate, good to see that both Daves (Finch and Johnson) will be sketching at the show :)

It looks like I might be able to arrange for Ashley Wood to also attend the show (in Perth only) but that has yet to be confirmed. However, if he does attend, he won't be sketching.

Just saw your email in my inbox Roydster! Thanks so much for the heads up mate :D

Tony Coca
03-23-2011, 11:31 PM
*cough* Luke Cage Sketch by Johnson *cough* :D

Rocket
03-23-2011, 11:32 PM
No worries mate, good to see that both Daves (Finch and Johnson) will be sketching at the show :)

It looks like I might be able to arrange for Ashley Wood to also attend the show (in Perth only) but that has yet to be confirmed. However, if he does attend, he won't be sketching.

Cool!! :penguin: :penguin:

Rocket
03-23-2011, 11:32 PM
*cough* Luke Cage Sketch by Johnson *cough* :D

:laugh: ;)

Royd
03-23-2011, 11:35 PM
I hope Ash can attend because I'm sure that people will be interested to hear about his art techniques as well as the different projects he's involved with including the 3 properties which he's sold to movie studios (Disney being one of them) and his action figure company in Hong Kong (3AToys) which does his own action figures as well as 2000AD figures.

Cool!! :penguin: :penguin:

Wrothy
03-24-2011, 04:36 AM
For those interested in whether Dave Finch is sketching, I heard back from Spencer Beck today who confirmed that Dave would indeed be sketching at his Supanova appearances!

Unfortunately he won't be doing full figure pieces and his rates are as follows:

$60.00 for head sketch
$150.00 for bust shot ( basically the breast bone up)
$300.00 for torso shot. (basically in or about the knees up )

Wrothy and I also confirmed with Dave Johnson that he would be sketching at Supanova and I'm waiting for Dave to get back to me with information regarding his sketch rates and if he will be doing full figure pieces :) Best,

Royd

Awesome! :buttrock:

Wrothy
03-24-2011, 04:37 AM

Also awesome! Haven't seen Ash in years. :buttrock:

Royd
04-04-2011, 06:53 PM
Dave Johnson confirmed that his sketch rates are as follows:

Headshots - $50.00
Full figure - $300.00

Best,

Royd

Tony Coca
04-04-2011, 06:57 PM
Dave Johnson confirmed that his sketch rates are as follows:

Headshots - $50.00
Full figure - $300.00

Best,

Royd

:goodpost:

good news,good news.

Rocket
04-05-2011, 04:45 AM
:goodpost:

good news,good news.

:p

Royd
05-13-2011, 03:31 AM
New comic creator guests added to the roster for Supanovas Sydney and Perth include - Paul Jenkins, Ben Templesmith, Ashley Wood (Perth only), Tom Taylor (not sure if Perth only) and Justin Randall (possibly Perth only)!

The comic creator line-up is really shaping up :)

Royd
05-31-2011, 08:48 PM
Update - Just announced that Paul Jenkins will only be attending Supanova Sydney, however, Billy Tan will now be attending both Sydney and Perth!

Wrothy
05-31-2011, 09:08 PM
Update - Just announced that Paul Jenkins will only be attending Supanova Sydney, however, Billy Tan will now be attending both Sydney and Perth!

:buttrock:

Damn - need more spending money now. :banghead:

jollyskeleton
05-31-2011, 09:54 PM
I'm planning to fly in from Adelaide for the Sydney Supanova to meet the firefly cast as well as to enjoy the rest of the event! Crazy spontaneous idea, considering that that is the weekend just before my exams. lol

My main purpose there is to meet Morena Baccarin and Sean Maher for photos and autos. Do you guys think there'd still be tokens when if I fly in on early Sunday morning itself? I heard that the tokens go on sale from preview night. What are the queue conditions like in Sydney?

Royd
05-31-2011, 10:20 PM
Haha, you and me both! :doh!:

:buttrock:

Damn - need more spending money now. :banghead:

Royd
05-31-2011, 10:28 PM
I'm not certain but I would hope they would have tokens for autographs and photos available for Sunday.

If you have a Facebook account, it would be worthwhile asking your question here -
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/supanovaexpo
There'll be people there who will hopefully be able to answer your query :)

I'm planning to fly in from Adelaide for the Sydney Supanova to meet the firefly cast as well as to enjoy the rest of the event! Crazy spontaneous idea, considering that that is the weekend just before my exams. lol

My main purpose there is to meet Morena Baccarin and Sean Maher for photos and autos. Do you guys think there'd still be tokens when if I fly in on early Sunday morning itself? I heard that the tokens go on sale from preview night. What are the queue conditions like in Sydney?

Rocket
06-01-2011, 03:11 AM
Glad I got my Emma from Billy at NYCC, can focus on others :D

Royd
06-01-2011, 04:28 AM
Ha! :tounge:

Rocket
06-01-2011, 05:23 AM
Ha! :tounge:

With him living in Australia now, I hope he becomes an Aussie con regular! :buttrock:

jollyskeleton
06-01-2011, 09:03 AM
I'm not certain but I would hope they would have tokens for autographs and photos available for Sunday.

If you have a Facebook account, it would be worthwhile asking your question here -
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/supanovaexpo
There'll be people there who will hopefully be able to answer your query :)

Thanks!

Is anyone going for Preview night?

Royd
06-01-2011, 11:14 AM
Not sure how many people will be going to Supanova Sydney apart from Doc.

Wrothy, Rod, Doc and I will all be attending Supanova Perth and most likely attending the Preview Night there :)

Thanks!

Is anyone going for Preview night?

Wrothy
06-01-2011, 11:24 AM
Not sure how many people will be going to Supanova Sydney apart from Doc.

Wrothy, Rod, Doc and I will all be attending Supanova Perth and most likely attending the Preview Night there :)

Ken too. :thumbs2:

Tony Coca
06-01-2011, 12:02 PM

*cough* dave johnson cage head sketch*cough*

Royd
06-01-2011, 07:18 PM
Unless this is a reminder to someone with whom you've already arranged to get a Dave Johnson Luke Cage head sketch on your behalf, would you like me to arrange a head sketch with Dave?

If so, we can chat about payment via Paypal. I can work out shipping costs later unless you're going to be at SDCC where I could deliver it? I'd also like to know if you're after the "Sweet Christmas" old school Luke Cage or current Luke Cage ;)

*cough* dave johnson cage head sketch*cough*

Tony Coca
06-01-2011, 09:35 PM
It would be old school sweet christmas Cage.

And I got a buddy on it. Just had to keep it updated in his memory bank.lol.

jollyskeleton
06-02-2011, 12:41 AM
Morena Baccarin has canceled her attendance.. :( Don't think i'll attend from Adelaide anymore then... sad though. I was really motivated to study hard now so I could go and meet them, but i guess its not to be. Thankfully i didn't get the tickets or my flight there yet..

Royd
06-02-2011, 01:23 AM
Yeah, I just saw that disappointing update as well - third time she's cancelled :(

Her replacement is Amy Acker ("Fred" from Angel and Claire/Whiskey from Dollhouse). Best,

Royd

Morena Baccarin has canceled her attendance.. :( Don't think i'll attend from Adelaide anymore then... sad though. I was really motivated to study hard now so I could go and meet them, but i guess its not to be. Thankfully i didn't get the tickets or my flight there yet..

Royd
06-02-2011, 01:24 AM
Cool, just thought I'd offer a hand if you were hinting at a sketch request from Dave :)

Rocket
06-02-2011, 03:27 AM
Cool, just thought I'd offer a hand if you were hinting at a sketch request from Dave :)

He means me mate :p

If you don't mind email me the deets and I'll have Cocas back ;)

Rocket
06-02-2011, 03:27 AM

:laugh: :p

Wrothy
06-02-2011, 11:01 PM
Got this information from Meredith Finch regarding sketches from Dave:

Dave will be sketching at both shows. Generally the process and prices are as follows.

Done at the table as people come up:

Head sketches - $60
Bust - $120
Torso - $300

Requests taken on a first come first serve basis the day of the show and completed overnight:

Full Commission - $600 (there will be a limit of 3 per day for each day of the convention).

He will also be bringing some original art pages for sale (and some prints too, I would assume).

Royd
06-03-2011, 06:57 AM
Thanks for the info Steve! I suspect that the full figure pieces will be out of my price range especially given my upcoming trip to attend SDCC :(

Got this information from Meredith Finch regarding sketches from Dave:

He will also be bringing some original art pages for sale (and some prints too, I would assume).

Wrothy
06-04-2011, 11:30 PM
For those who might be interested, I have received information on prices from Billy Tan as well:

Head shot - $50
Bust shot - $100
Half figure - $150
Full figure with some background - $300

Royd
06-05-2011, 04:52 AM
Thanks Steve! I did write to Billy but hadn't heard back so this was timely info :)

For those who might be interested, I have received information on prices from Billy Tan as well:

Head shot - $50
Bust shot - $100
Half figure - $150
Full figure with some background - $300

Wrothy
06-15-2011, 06:42 AM
Danielle Harris is a late withdrawal - sorry to those who were looking forward to meeting her. :(