PDA

View Full Version : PCS Street Fighter IV

toe
02-08-2011, 03:16 PM
Yup...but since I just renewed with Capcom for another 3 years i will probably spread them out a little more and throw in some other characters between them.

Plus now having SFIV its hard to resist some of the cool costumes that I can do on some of the characters we've already released.

Im down for re-released of characters in different costume and even different pose. Let's do this! :drinking:

also 1/4 please! PF or all Poly.

Vince-Vell
02-08-2011, 03:18 PM
JUST MAKE ROSE!!!!

StatueHunter75
02-08-2011, 03:21 PM
FEI LONG JERRY!!!

RAGINGDEMON500
02-08-2011, 03:27 PM
yes, definetly since Jerry just acuired license for SF4. than i guess lets start on SF4 line... This time Akuma and Shin are mine...if Jerry decides to make it...

toe
02-08-2011, 03:58 PM
i have the first Shin Akuma PF and I dont mind getting another with different pose and costume.

where is Gouken? !!!!!

OuttaSight
02-08-2011, 04:00 PM
I will slowly revisit some characters but they will be in new poses and costumes.

I wont make anything that copies the originally released statues as i dont want them de-valued.

El Pulento
02-08-2011, 04:01 PM
Gouken Gouken!!!

toe
02-08-2011, 04:03 PM
Action poses this time?

Tin
02-08-2011, 04:04 PM
Personally, I think revisiting any characters in the same format will devalue the originals.... People will be like "whats the point spending all of that money on the old Akuma when I could just get this one and have the set". Less people wanting it, less value. I know there's lots of people out there that missed out on statues that will probably urge you to do it, but you really risk annoying alot of the collectors that have been there since the start.

Plus, there is so many other characters to pick from rather than redoing ones that have already been done, Street Fighter 3!

toe
02-08-2011, 04:12 PM
i have all the originals and I dont mind new ones. If they devalue then so be it. That's just me.

I am really hoping for a new pose Ryu tho. Im not a big fan of the tying the band pose.

Vince-Vell
02-08-2011, 04:13 PM
So is Rose done yet????

toe
02-08-2011, 04:18 PM
Gouken WIP please ? :)

OuttaSight
02-08-2011, 04:32 PM
Personally, I think revisiting any characters in the same format will devalue the originals.... People will be like "whats the point spending all of that money on the old Akuma when I could just get this one and have the set". Less people wanting it, less value. I know there's lots of people out there that missed out on statues that will probably urge you to do it, but you really risk annoying alot of the collectors that have been there since the start.

Plus, there is so many other characters to pick from rather than redoing ones that have already been done, Street Fighter 3!

I dont think so.

If that were true then people wouldnt pay more for APs, low edition numbers, etc.

I think it will make the values increase more.

rhy
02-08-2011, 04:40 PM
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/3433/sagat.jpg

^If you made Sagat's SSFIV ALT costume i'd cop (purchase) every color variation... 2011 is going to be a good year for Street Fighter collectors.

toe
02-08-2011, 04:44 PM
Love that muay thai costume!

JohnMatrix
02-08-2011, 04:45 PM
Jerry, can you make us a new Akuma statue from Street Fighter IV?

http://ps3maven.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/street-fighter-4-unlocked-characters-moves-akuma.jpg

Tin
02-08-2011, 04:58 PM
I dont think so.

If that were true then people wouldnt pay more for APs, low edition numbers, etc.

I think it will make the values increase more.

Artists proof's and low edition numbers are a different beast, they are the same statue.

I think alot of people will have the mentality of just wanting each character to complete the collection, especially as the price point is so high and the room they take up is so large. I know for one I wouldn't see the need to have two of the same character in the same collection, and would therefor just pick the better looking of the two.

If a newer collector can pick up say a new Akuma for $300 (which would probably look better, as your line has continued to get better and better as its gone on), or pick up the older one for $3500, its obvious where people would go. With the lack of demand for the old statue, the value would plumet, therefor devaluing the statue.

I think alot of people would get angered if you done this (just take a look back at when the guile edition size was increased, and that was the same statue pre-release!).

I don't mean to sound like an arse or anything, but if you do this I think you really need to think it over first, maybe even talk to someone like sideshow and get their take on it? Fair enough you might want to let collectors that joined late on get hold of a character, but at the same time you dont want to lose the people that have been there every time your statues have gone on sale.

I could see how this wouldn't matter at something like an action figures price point, but I think a collectible at this price is something totally different.

Ridimous
02-08-2011, 05:10 PM
I don't care if it devalues, I won't sell any of my collections anyway.

Vince-Vell
02-08-2011, 05:11 PM
just show us sneaks of any revists beforehand, in case its better then the one out there ill sell it asap!!! 8)

Neon2102
02-08-2011, 05:16 PM
FEI LONG JERRY!!!

+1 I'd take a Fei Long as soon as he's available

Tesio
02-08-2011, 05:22 PM
Only character I could really see myself HAVING TO HAVE would be Dudley.

Ryu
02-08-2011, 05:29 PM
Guy
Cody
Rose
Sodom - come on, Jerry, you know you like him,too!
R. Mika
Karin

toe
02-08-2011, 05:30 PM
just show us sneaks of any revists beforehand, in case its better then the one out there ill sell it asap!!! 8)

that's what I did with my Sideshow Platoon figures. The moment I found out about the Hot Toys version, I knew I had to sell now :drinking:

:penguin:

MrYac
02-08-2011, 05:39 PM
as usual all i really want is Gen and Oro, but not SF4 Gen as i hate that stupid hair bun.....and he should be dead damn it

OuttaSight
02-08-2011, 05:53 PM
as usual all i really want is Gen and Oro, but not SF4 Gen as i hate that stupid hair bun.....and he should be dead damn it

Your patience is legendary...

It will come.

Ryu
02-08-2011, 05:58 PM

That would be cool.

toe
02-08-2011, 06:04 PM
Gen would look great with Akuma

Tin
02-08-2011, 06:05 PM

that's what I did with my Sideshow Platoon figures. The moment I found out about the Hot Toys version, I knew I had to sell now :drinking:

:penguin:

Thats kinda what I'm getting at :P

MrYac
02-08-2011, 06:14 PM

It will come.

heh, well i have a lot of free time;)

toe
02-08-2011, 06:33 PM
Thats kinda what I'm getting at :P

i didnt sell them because of value. I sold them because I know Hot Toys version will be superior. ;) I could have sold them for 3x the price buy it now but i just auctioned it off.

Zangief
02-08-2011, 06:41 PM
No matter the value of the statues I think you should do characters that you havn't done before. There are a lot of characters in street fighter, and my main ones that I would want to see would be Crimson Viper and Gouken

OuttaSight
02-08-2011, 06:53 PM
No matter the value of the statues I think you should do characters that you havn't done before. There are a lot of characters in street fighter, and my main ones that I would want to see would be Crimson Viper and Gouken

Those are at the top of the list for new characters...

But it is a business and we have to recognize they wont sell like an Oni Akuma or a 'puffy shirt' Vega.

Those big sellers give us the money to make the less popular characters.

woozie0
02-08-2011, 07:09 PM

But it is a business and we have to recognize they wont sell like an Oni Akuma or a 'puffy shirt' Vega.

YES! I was just going to say Crimson Viper! I think characters like her bring out the best in the mixed media treatment.

http://images.wikia.com/egamia/images/5/51/Crimson_Viper.jpg

Vince-Vell
02-08-2011, 07:15 PM

Then sell away and get out a rose! Be the first company to produce the first rose statue (and not meaning kit or toy)!!!! :muahaha:

Old Snake
02-08-2011, 07:16 PM
Jerry, for characters with a simple alt. costume like E. Honda, will you release together both classic and SFIV versions using the same sculpt?

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/5678/ehondamaincolors.jpghttp://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1586/ehondaaltcolors.jpg

OuttaSight
02-08-2011, 07:19 PM
Then sell away and get out a rose! Be the first company to produce the first rose statue (and not meaning kit or toy)!!!! :muahaha:

I guarantee Rose will get made in the next 3 years.

Jerry, for characters with a simple alt. costume like E. Honda, will you release together both classic and SFIV versions using the same sculpt?

With someone like Honda the variant will probably be the SFIV costume.

Old Snake
02-08-2011, 07:26 PM
Happy to hear this! Rose will be an amazing piece.

With someone like Honda the variant will probably be the SFIV costume.

Please consider color #10 for the alt. It pops!

StatueHunter75
02-08-2011, 07:34 PM

Yes Jerry Please make a PF Oni!!!!!! I want that soo bad!!! PF 1/4 scale with light up eyes or hado around him would be sick!!! :vortex:

RAGINGDEMON500
02-08-2011, 07:48 PM
yes i agree Oni limited Edition... Please...

jye318
02-08-2011, 08:23 PM
Jerry are you goin to make same characters but different version? , like any characters from street fight 2 to street fighter 4? Or you will make everyone first?

OuttaSight
02-08-2011, 08:27 PM
Jerry are you goin to make same characters but different version? , like any characters from street fight 2 to street fighter 4? Or you will make everyone first?

The focus is still on finishing new characters.

But I will occasionally re-visit an already done character if the SFIV costume is worthy of it.

If I had the rights to SFIV when I did Vega I would have made a variant of the SFIV costume. Now that I have these rights i want to make some of these costumes but i dont want to just re-release the same sculpt.

So it will be all new.

woozie0
02-08-2011, 08:41 PM

I thought I remember you saying you had a special lady friend of yours pushing you to bring out Viper ;)

When would the 'new characters' come out...after all the original warriors?

deansta
02-08-2011, 08:46 PM

So glad she will finally be made. :buttrock:

My ultimate goal is to at least have a set of the 12 original characters...

Any others are just extra in my opinion.

I understand that you need to space out the "good" characters, so I don't mind buying some of the non-core characters also.

We already have half the cast. (once Bison is here).

DONE: Ryu, Ken, Vega, Zangief, Guile, and Bison

Remaining 6: Blanka, Balrog, Chun-Li, Dhalsim, Honda, and Sagat.

As for Street Fighter IV characters...

I love to see the new characters get a shot before doing new costumes for characters we already have.

JURI = MUST HAVE BUY
VIPER = HELL YES BUY
RUFUS = BUY
ABEL = BUY
FUERTE = I guess I'll buy...

woozie0
02-08-2011, 08:57 PM
VIPER = HELL YES BUY

:thumbs2: :iagree:

TheSFToySpirit
02-08-2011, 08:58 PM
I have to economize so much money!! Pfffff!.... :(

Ryu
02-08-2011, 08:59 PM
Seriously, Rufus? That's probably gonna be limited to 100 if made.

Old Snake
02-08-2011, 09:05 PM
I guess that rules out a bronze Rufus. :laugh:

woozie0
02-08-2011, 09:08 PM
I guess that rules out a bronze Rufus. :laugh:

Forget bronze...lets get a gold Rufus going! :laugh:

Ryu
02-08-2011, 09:12 PM
Forget bronze...lets get a gold Rufus going! :laugh:

I think cheese would work. :p

Famiman
02-08-2011, 09:22 PM
Are you thinking of doing the SF4 series of characters in in some way similar to that SF4 game style (i.e. sorta "cartoony" or lets just say "expressive") or more of just like what we're getting with the SF2 characters?

I'm just curious; I like what you're doing now.

Looking forward to this! :thumbs2:

Red X
02-08-2011, 09:33 PM
The focus is still on finishing new characters.

But I will occasionally re-visit an already done character if the SFIV costume is worthy of it.

If I had the rights to SFIV when I did Vega I would have made a variant of the SFIV costume. Now that I have these rights i want to make some of these costumes but i dont want to just re-release the same sculpt.

So it will be all new.

Is Chun Li's alternative new outfit worth it? :buttrock:

woozie0
02-08-2011, 09:44 PM
I think cheese would work. :p

:hilarious:

woozie0
02-08-2011, 09:49 PM
Is Chun Li's alternative new outfit worth it? :buttrock:

:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

toe
02-08-2011, 09:50 PM
i think less than 10 gamers uses Rufus in the game lol.

wizardjones
02-08-2011, 10:25 PM
Besides Ultimate Ryu, I hope we at least get one more Ryu PF in one of the new outfits.

World Warrior
02-08-2011, 11:27 PM
YES! I was just going to say Crimson Viper! I think characters like her bring out the best in the mixed media treatment.

http://images.wikia.com/egamia/images/5/51/Crimson_Viper.jpg

I beg to differ J, a "puffy chest" Crimson Viper, as seen above, would sell if done right :D

akumalove
02-09-2011, 05:31 AM

:goodpost:

Exactly my thoughts.
There are so many others to do, why revisit them in the same scale and medium??
You can revisit characters in 1/3 MM or do the SF4 line all sculpted in 1/4 scale, that would be ok. But not mixed media in 1/4 again please.
Christina

akumalove
02-09-2011, 05:45 AM
Artists proof's and low edition numbers are a different beast, they are the same statue.

I think alot of people will have the mentality of just wanting each character to complete the collection, especially as the price point is so high and the room they take up is so large. I know for one I wouldn't see the need to have two of the same character in the same collection, and would therefor just pick the better looking of the two.

If a newer collector can pick up say a new Akuma for $300 (which would probably look better, as your line has continued to get better and better as its gone on), or pick up the older one for $3500, its obvious where people would go. With the lack of demand for the old statue, the value would plumet, therefor devaluing the statue.
I agree, I would buy the better looking one as well.

I think alot of people would get angered if you done this (just take a look back at when the guile edition size was increased, and that was the same statue pre-release!).

Especially people that payed premium for them.

I don't mean to sound like an arse or anything, but if you do this I think you really need to think it over first, maybe even talk to someone like sideshow and get their take on it? Fair enough you might want to let collectors that joined late on get hold of a character, but at the same time you dont want to lose the people that have been there every time your statues have gone on sale.

I could see how this wouldn't matter at something like an action figures price point, but I think a collectible at this price is something totally different.

Don't ask Sideshow!! They are not like some years ago in my eyes. Now they would say yes to the idea of revisiting characters because of one reason = $$$

My last statue that I bought from Sideshow was Wolverine and he'll be the last one till SS comes to their senses again.

Christina

akumalove
02-09-2011, 05:54 AM

Those big sellers give us the money to make the less popular characters.But characters like Gen, Gouken, ... ARE top sellers. Akuma is just that famous because he was the first in the line.... and I love him ;)

You CAN do another 1/4 Akuma in mixed media, but let it be an Oni Akuma then. It's a good compromise.
Don't know about the Vega though, but since the old one was out of scale I think that would be ok. I just need to sell mine before (please let us know in time), because the value of them will decrease a lot (recently bought my second Green Vega for a lot of money).

You can make money by selling the prototypes ;)

Christina

Vince-Vell
02-09-2011, 11:13 AM

SWEET!

im still working on my custom 1/4 rose, hope to finish her by the end of this year. Just need more of her to go into a rose collection!!!! :praying:

SARFARAZ
02-09-2011, 01:01 PM
I agree with some of you and think no character should be re- done.

lemonman6
02-09-2011, 01:20 PM

It will come.

GEN!!!

Him and Charlie are the two characters I've been waiting to see from you.
I really want to see a Juri or Crimson Viper PF too. Make it happen, Jerry! :D

Now you've got me all excited.

Tin
02-09-2011, 01:54 PM
i didnt sell them because of value. I sold them because I know Hot Toys version will be superior. ;) I could have sold them for 3x the price buy it now but i just auctioned it off.

That's what I'm meaning, you would get the new one because its superior, and so would everyone else, therefor there is no value in the old sculpt and it becomes kinda worthless.

That's why I said a while back that the lesser characters should have been released in between big release character. Still get to release the lesser characters but keep people interested in the line by mixing it with the bigger hitters.

If characters are going to be re-visited, I think it's time to start thinking of selling while I can :s

toe
02-09-2011, 02:14 PM
That's what I'm meaning, you would get the new one because its superior, and so would everyone else, therefor there is no value in the old sculpt and it becomes kinda worthless.

This is a different story though. Sideshow and Hot Toys are 2 different companies.

I would rather have a new better pose Ryu and Akuma if it means the old ones lose their value, however I really dont think they will lose their value.

OuttaSight
02-09-2011, 03:36 PM
I think several people may be missing the point here.

We arent talking about re-doing characters in already released costumes, we are talking about SFIV costumes.

Is Vega in his original costume really going to lose value because Vega in his SFIV costume now has a statue ?

I have to say thats ridiculous and would never happen.

Vince-Vell
02-09-2011, 03:42 PM
What ever you do, dont make a akuma with the big bow tie around his back!!! Got to give him that new outfit released with the hood over him or the one where he has armor.

Ryu
02-09-2011, 04:52 PM
I'm sure with A.E. coming out that there will be more costumes released. Perhaps some nice ones.

What color do you get when you mix white and red, Jerry?

He's funny and I'd love to have him!

Hologramme
02-09-2011, 04:55 PM
Is Vega in his original costume really going to lose value because Vega in his SFIV costume now has a statue ?

I have to say thats ridiculous and would never happen.

I'm totally agree with you.

But characters like Gen, Gouken, ... ARE top sellers. Akuma is just that famous because he was the first in the line....

Just your point of view. Personaly, I don't care about the release order, I like it because it's a really nice statue, that's all.

What ever you do, dont make a akuma with the big bow tie around his back!!! Got to give him that new outfit released with the hood over him or the one where he has armor.

I really like the Akuma with the big bow tie. It's an old traditionnal costum and I think it fits him.

If you make Oni, I wonder how you will make the hair, with light up ?

Alpha_Flight
02-09-2011, 04:59 PM
I'm sure with A.E. coming out that there will be more costumes released. Perhaps some nice ones.

What color do you get when you mix white and red, Jerry?

He's funny and I'd love to have him!

Amen brother. Real men cry!

lemonman6
02-09-2011, 05:09 PM
Ken's alternate costumes are kind of suckish, and wouldn't be worth making. Color 10 would definitely be cool though

Ryu's 2nd costume is fine, but the 3rd is definitely a pass.

I would love to see alternate costume Cammy made into a statue. I loved the 2 she had in SSFIV. Bison's 2nd costume might be cool too.

Ryu
02-09-2011, 05:11 PM
Amen brother. Real men cry!

:bawling:

lemonman6
02-09-2011, 05:13 PM
Also, what does Oni Akuma look like and where is he from? I feel like I'm missing something here.

SARFARAZ
02-09-2011, 05:35 PM
He's from the super street fighter IV arcade edition. YouTube it, he looks friggin awesome!!!

Hologramme
02-09-2011, 05:35 PM
Also, what does Oni Akuma look like and where is he from? I feel like I'm missing something here.

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/4619/onim.jpg

Oni: "This "evolution" of Shin Akuma now is a real demon (as the name says), completely taken over by the Satsui no Hado." [from Wikipedia]

You can see it in SSF4 (Arcade), here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENXrOQgb-es

akumalove
02-10-2011, 07:40 AM
Just your point of view. Personaly, I don't care about the release order, I like it because it's a really nice statue, that's all.That's what I say, Akuma is not a that popular character in the game as he is as staute, he became much more popular amongst collectors because of the statue.
If PCS make a perfect Rose statue -who is not that popular- in a good ES I bet that she will become a popular and sought after statue.
Christina

RAGINGDEMON500
02-10-2011, 09:18 AM
Not popular i disagree....

Capcom would not put an unpopular character in MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3... U don see KEN or Balrog... Only

Chun-li, Akuma, and RYU....

TheSFToySpirit
02-10-2011, 09:25 AM
That's what I say, Akuma is not a that popular character in the game as he is as staute, he became much more popular amongst collectors because of the statue.
Christina

I think you're wrong, Akuma is one of the most popular SF character in my opinion...

StatueHunter75
02-10-2011, 09:30 AM
I think Akuma is a very popular SF character!! He's one of the best one's IMO. Sorry Christinia but I think you're wrong in saying that he's not popular. Heck look at your statue forum tag: AKUMAlove. :) lol.

Zangief
02-10-2011, 09:32 AM
I think you're wrong, Akuma is one of the most popular SF character in my opinion...

For sure! Akuma is badass, I loved before the statue, and when I first saw the statue my love for Akuma increased even more. I mean, he's no Zangief but he has done some awesome things that make him, without question, the ultimate street fighter badass

TheSFToySpirit
02-10-2011, 09:54 AM
he has done some awesome things that make him, without question, the ultimate street fighter badass
:iagree:

Hologramme
02-10-2011, 10:14 AM
For sure! Akuma is badass, I loved before the statue, and when I first saw the statue my love for Akuma increased even more.

Same thing for me and I know a lot of persons who really like or love him and don't care about statues.

SARFARAZ
02-10-2011, 10:17 AM
Akuma is the man! Nuff said.

Tin
02-10-2011, 01:04 PM
i think less than 10 gamers uses Rufus in the game lol.

Your joking right? Rufus is one of the top-tier charcters in the game, and in competitive play he gets used tons....

Vince-Vell
02-10-2011, 01:09 PM
Your joking right? Rufus is one of the top-tier charcters in the game, and in competitive play he gets used tons....

For Super hes is used a lot and also vanilla, but in AE its all about Yun Yang and Fei Long. Rufus isnt really popular as a character, hes used more as a tier whhore char.

Tin
02-10-2011, 01:27 PM
For Super hes is used a lot and also vanilla, but in AE its all about Yun Yang and Fei Long. Rufus isnt really popular as a character, hes used more as a tier whhore char.

I was just saying he was used by more than 10 people :P And nothing can be said about AE yet, it isn't even out on consoles!

*Edit* Oh, and you might be interested to know, as of the 17th Jan Yun is the 4th most used character, Yang the 12th and Fei the 20th :P

Vince-Vell
02-10-2011, 02:14 PM
I was just saying he was used by more than 10 people :P And nothing can be said about AE yet, it isn't even out on consoles!

*Edit* Oh, and you might be interested to know, as of the 17th Jan Yun is the 4th most used character, Yang the 12th and Fei the 20th :P

Here is the top BP list, goes to show ya its all about tier whhoring LOL.

in vanilla it was dominated by Sagats and ryus rufus, and in super its more ryus, sims and guiles who are used (ie evo).

Top 20: Feb 10/2011

1: Daigo Umehara (Yun)/3777 matches, 3209 wins/winning Pct. 84.96 % /BP 85390/GRAND MASTER
2: Mago (Fei Long)/ 2074matches, 1722 wins/winning Pct. 83.03 % /BP 73901/ULTIMATE MASTER
3: Nemo (Yang)/3214 matches, 2593 wins/winning Pct. 80.68 % /BP 60166/GRAND MASTER
4: Kazunoko (Yun)/2591 matches, 2084 wins/winning Pct. 80.43 % /BP 58913/GRAND MASTER
5: Kindevu (Yun)/1781 matches, 1491 wins/winning Pct. 83.72 % /BP 53226/GRAND MASTER
6: Wa 75842 (Makoto)/1383 matches, 1115 wins/winning Pct. 80.62 % /BP 75842/GRAND MASTER
7: Michael Tan (Ken)/1284 matches, 1099 wins/winning Pct. 85.59 % /BP 47784/GRAND MASTER
8: MDR (Yun)/1068 matches, 869 wins/winning Pct. 81.37 % /BP 46666/GRAND MASTER
9: Banbaban (Yun)/1942 matches, 1374 wins/winning Pct. 70.75 % /BP 46571/GRAND MASTER
10: Hachigashira San (Yun)/1142 matches, 935 wins/winning Pct. 81.87 % /BP 46146/GRAND MASTER
11: Eriru (Yun)/1328 matches, 1083 wins/winning Pct. 81.55 % /BP 46117/GRAND MASTER
12: Ikoma Devil (M. Bison/Dictator)/1314 matches, 936 wins/winning Pct. 71.23 % /BP 45179/GRAND MASTER
13: Amiyu (Gen)/1244 matches, 1050 wins/winning Pct. 84.41 %BP 43314/MASTER
14: Akame Ryu (Ryu)/1371 matches, 1040 wins/winning Pct. 75.86% /BP 42988/MASTER
15: Nekojita (Abel)/1361 matches, 1129 wins/winning Pct. 82.95 % /BP 42986/GRAND MASTER
16: Tokido (Akuma)/1913 matches, 1592 wins/winning Pct. 83.22 % /BP 42845/GRAND MASTER
17: Uryo (Sakura)/999 matches, 890 wins/winning Pct. 89.09 % /BP 40995/GRAND MASTER
18: Shungoku Neurosis (M. Bison/Dictator)/1320 matches, 1093 wins/winning Pct. 82.80 % /BP 40381/MASTER
19: Momochi (Makoto)/767 matches, 626 wins/winning Pct. 81.62 % /BP 40697/GRAND MASTER
20: wao (Ken)/976 matches, 800 wins/winning Pct. 81.97 % /BP 46809/ MASTER

Tin
02-10-2011, 02:18 PM
Here is the top BP list, goes to show ya its all about tier whhoring LOL.

in vanilla it was dominated by Sagats and ryus rufus, and in super its more ryus, sims and guiles who are used (ie evo).

Top 20: Feb 10/2011

1: Daigo Umehara (Yun)/3777 matches, 3209 wins/winning Pct. 84.96 % /BP 85390/GRAND MASTER
2: Mago (Fei Long)/ 2074matches, 1722 wins/winning Pct. 83.03 % /BP 73901/ULTIMATE MASTER
3: Nemo (Yang)/3214 matches, 2593 wins/winning Pct. 80.68 % /BP 60166/GRAND MASTER
4: Kazunoko (Yun)/2591 matches, 2084 wins/winning Pct. 80.43 % /BP 58913/GRAND MASTER
5: Kindevu (Yun)/1781 matches, 1491 wins/winning Pct. 83.72 % /BP 53226/GRAND MASTER
6: Wa 75842 (Makoto)/1383 matches, 1115 wins/winning Pct. 80.62 % /BP 75842/GRAND MASTER
7: Michael Tan (Ken)/1284 matches, 1099 wins/winning Pct. 85.59 % /BP 47784/GRAND MASTER
8: MDR (Yun)/1068 matches, 869 wins/winning Pct. 81.37 % /BP 46666/GRAND MASTER
9: Banbaban (Yun)/1942 matches, 1374 wins/winning Pct. 70.75 % /BP 46571/GRAND MASTER
10: Hachigashira San (Yun)/1142 matches, 935 wins/winning Pct. 81.87 % /BP 46146/GRAND MASTER
11: Eriru (Yun)/1328 matches, 1083 wins/winning Pct. 81.55 % /BP 46117/GRAND MASTER
12: Ikoma Devil (M. Bison/Dictator)/1314 matches, 936 wins/winning Pct. 71.23 % /BP 45179/GRAND MASTER
13: Amiyu (Gen)/1244 matches, 1050 wins/winning Pct. 84.41 %BP 43314/MASTER
14: Akame Ryu (Ryu)/1371 matches, 1040 wins/winning Pct. 75.86% /BP 42988/MASTER
15: Nekojita (Abel)/1361 matches, 1129 wins/winning Pct. 82.95 % /BP 42986/GRAND MASTER
16: Tokido (Akuma)/1913 matches, 1592 wins/winning Pct. 83.22 % /BP 42845/GRAND MASTER
17: Uryo (Sakura)/999 matches, 890 wins/winning Pct. 89.09 % /BP 40995/GRAND MASTER
18: Shungoku Neurosis (M. Bison/Dictator)/1320 matches, 1093 wins/winning Pct. 82.80 % /BP 40381/MASTER
19: Momochi (Makoto)/767 matches, 626 wins/winning Pct. 81.62 % /BP 40697/GRAND MASTER
20: wao (Ken)/976 matches, 800 wins/winning Pct. 81.97 % /BP 46809/ MASTER

I dont want to take it off topic too much, but I reckon alot of the success for Yun is people not knowing how to deal with his tricks as much yet. With the dive kick pressure he can put on alot of people are going to either sit there and block or press buttons and get hit. From the recent blog post that was released showing the hit box from his dive, it looks like alot of stuff will be able to stuff it. He still looks like a solid character, but I expect there'll be alot less yuns up there once people figure him out

Vince-Vell
02-10-2011, 02:23 PM
I dont want to take it off topic too much, but I reckon alot of the success for Yun is people not knowing how to deal with his tricks as much yet. With the dive kick pressure he can put on alot of people are going to either sit there and block or press buttons and get hit. From the recent blog post that was released showing the hit box from his dive, it looks like alot of stuff will be able to stuff it. He still looks like a solid character, but I expect there'll be alot less yuns up there once people figure him out

Nah its at the point now in japan that has been said from most of the pros there, they cant get over how capcom put this version of yun in the game. Even diago switched to him and said that. While some need to learn the match up, they all know he is powerful and most of the cast doesn't have a answer to some of his moves.

Sorta like in vanilla with sagod, ryu and rufus being able to trade into ultra almost off anything. That last japan tourny for vanilla had like 50 sagods enter, so more or less its become tier playing rather then fav char or more popular char playing.

Tin
02-10-2011, 02:41 PM
Nah its at the point now in japan that has been said from most of the pros there, they cant get over how capcom put this version of yun in the game. Even diago switched to him and said that. While some need to learn the match up, they all know he is powerful and most of the cast doesn't have a answer to some of his moves.

Sorta like in vanilla with sagod, ryu and rufus being able to trade into ultra almost off anything. That last japan tourny for vanilla had like 50 sagods enter, so more or less its become tier playing rather then fav char or more popular char playing.

It's always been about tier whoring :P The games not been out long enough to be able to tell anything at the moment. If super/AE didnt come out, in fighting game terms vanilla would still be a very young game.

There's still a LOT to learn about. As an example, in MvC 2 Magneto was considered bottom tier for a long time, yrs. However there was a couple of people that still tried him out, experimented, even though everyone told them he was trash. What happens? They find a couple of tricks and now suddenly he's the games best/most used char

OuttaSight
02-10-2011, 02:49 PM
Dont mistake popularity in playing the game for overall popularity.

In overall popularity to the top 5 are:

Ryu
Chun Li
Akuma
Cammy
Sagat

Doesnt really matter if they are the best to play as.

akumalove
02-10-2011, 02:51 PM
Not popular i disagree....

Capcom would not put an unpopular character in MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3... U don see KEN or Balrog... Only

Chun-li, Akuma, and RYU....

Mecha Zangief is in there too I think ;)

I think Akuma is a very popular SF character!! He's one of the best one's IMO. Sorry Christinia but I think you're wrong in saying that he's not popular. Heck look at your statue forum tag: AKUMAlove. :) lol.

I never said he is not popular for players, but with the statue and the success of the SF-Line he became extreme popular for a larger audience. I think that not even all SF-collectors ever played Street Fighter 2 but still know Akuma, because he is that famous thx to PCS.

And yes I loved him before the statues, before I used to like Ryu the most, but when Akuma was revealed that was over ;)

Christina

wizardjones
02-10-2011, 03:01 PM
It's always been about tier whoring :P The games not been out long enough to be able to tell anything at the moment. If super/AE didnt come out, in fighting game terms vanilla would still be a very young game.

There's still a LOT to learn about. As an example, in MvC 2 Magneto was considered bottom tier for a long time, yrs. However there was a couple of people that still tried him out, experimented, even though everyone told them he was trash. What happens? They find a couple of tricks and now suddenly he's the games best/most used char
Curly mustache! Yah, magneto is nasty here. It's crazy to look back at old evo match videos to see the teams. People using Black heart as their mains and other characters you don't ever see reach top 8 these days. I do know that I want that Ryu statue in your avatar but I think the whole world knows that by now! Just pumping 2 hours of spacing, execution and link training into him every night just makes me wanna say screw it and put it on a credit card.

Tin
02-10-2011, 03:03 PM
Curly mustache! Yah, magneto is nasty here. It's crazy to look back at old evo match videos to see the teams. People using Black heart as their mains and other characters you don't ever see reach top 8 these days. I do know that I want that Ryu statue in your avatar but I think the whole world knows that by now! Just pumping 2 hours of spacing, execution and link training into him every night just makes me wanna say screw it and put it on a credit card.

Do it, you wont regret it. He's still my favourite out of the whole line!

*edit* oh and on a side note I love how they gave Deadpool that in MvC 3!!!!! "I just beat Mag-frickin-neto!! Where's your curly mustache at!!!" and "Thats how you beat wolverine people...AND YOU DONT EVEN NEED OPTIC BLASTS!!!"

Mahvel Babyeee!!!!!!

toe
02-10-2011, 03:39 PM

Ryu
Chun Li
Akuma
Cammy
Sagat

Cammy? Man, I would think Guile, Ryu, or Bison would be more popular. I guess its because of her outfit :drinking:

wizardjones
02-10-2011, 03:58 PM
Do it, you wont regret it. He's still my favourite out of the whole line!

*edit* oh and on a side note I love how they gave Deadpool that in MvC 3!!!!! "I just beat Mag-frickin-neto!! Where's your curly mustache at!!!" and "Thats how you beat wolverine people...AND YOU DONT EVEN NEED OPTIC BLASTS!!!"

Mahvel Babyeee!!!!!!

Yah, I have to wait until people get desperate for money again before Ryu turns up. Plus I need to get all my cards down to 0 again before I make this shot. Hell I would settle for Evil Ryu TBH! Two heads!? I will just think of the color as an alternate costume.

lemonman6
02-10-2011, 07:14 PM

Ryu
Chun Li
Akuma
Cammy
Sagat

I would probably put Guile and Bison in place of Cammy and possibly Sagat. Everyone knows Guile.

The only reason most people would remember Sagat is from his annoying "Tiger" from Street Fighter 2.

Ryu
02-10-2011, 07:16 PM
Actually I'm surprised that Ken is not on that list. I'd replace Cammy with Ken in terms of popularity.

Hologramme
02-10-2011, 07:31 PM
Everyone knows Guile.

Everyone knows Capcom was inspired by the french singer Desireless to create this character. :D

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/1782/186ot.jpg

OuttaSight
02-10-2011, 07:32 PM
I would probably put Guile and Bison in place of Cammy and possibly Sagat. Everyone knows Guile.

The only reason most people would remember Sagat is from his annoying "Tiger" from Street Fighter 2.

Im gong by how well my action figures sold which I think is the best indicator.

I guess things could have changed over the past 5 years but probably not.

SARFARAZ
02-10-2011, 07:39 PM

Ahhh those sweet action figures! Still got a few that I just had to keep. Bison and sagat from round 1 are still my favs!!

wizardjones
02-10-2011, 07:54 PM
Love Neca but hate Ryu's face! http://gofigureactionfigures.com/media/ryu-sfiv.jpg

SARFARAZ
02-10-2011, 08:07 PM
Jerry's street fighter figures are amazing compared to these.

TheSFToySpirit
02-10-2011, 08:08 PM
Is someone here trying to collect all the variants of the Sota's action figures or have them all?

I work on that but I'm far to have them all!..

But I'm already proud to get all the gouken variant :cool:

Old Snake
02-10-2011, 08:14 PM
I didn't like the quality of the Zangief wave, so I stopped. I'm hoping the PCS 1/6 line goes far enough.

wizardjones
02-10-2011, 08:16 PM
only one I have is http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj220/Tiodamus/IMAG0012.jpg

woozie0
02-10-2011, 08:23 PM

Ryu
Chun Li
Akuma
Cammy
Sagat

Interesting list! I thought Ken would be in the top 5...

I'm pretty far removed from intense Street Fighter play but I would assume, in competition, the most unbalanced, 'cheapest' characters get used a lot so people can rack up wins.

OuttaSight
02-10-2011, 08:31 PM
Is someone here trying to collect all the variants of the Sota's action figures or have them all?

I work on that but I'm far to have them all!..

But I'm already proud to get all the gouken variant :cool:

I have two complete sets including the Japanese variants.

OuttaSight
02-10-2011, 08:31 PM

Aw thank you

TheSFToySpirit
02-10-2011, 08:37 PM
:iagree:
Sota's action figures>all!..

I'm curious to see how will be the next 3.5" Jazwares Street Fighter figures... I hope better than the first line who was ... so bad!..

wizardjones
02-10-2011, 08:38 PM
Aw thank you

Yah Jerry why not nudge them into letting you get your own 6 inch figure line also. You pretty much have every other base loaded! PCS street fighter toys that work as small dioramas would be cool.

Ryu
02-10-2011, 08:39 PM
Speaking of dio's what is happening with the second one?

OuttaSight
02-10-2011, 08:46 PM
Yah Jerry why not nudge them into letting you get your own 6 inch figure line also. You pretty much have every other base loaded! PCS street fighter toys that work as small dioramas would be cool.

Oh Ive been asked several times. Im not interested in doing action figures again.

Did it already.

World Warrior
02-10-2011, 09:07 PM
action figures NO, 12" Staticons who's sole function is to be put together in multiple dioramas with other characters, Yes.

versach
02-11-2011, 05:35 AM

With a little help from deansta:)

TheSFToySpirit
02-11-2011, 06:15 AM
:waah: But you don't count! It's unfair :p

Vince-Vell
02-11-2011, 10:03 AM
While i loved those SF figures and had a complete set of round 1-2 and the variant colors. I had to sell them all over due to space. I even had like 10 Akuma in packages that neted me like $30-40 a piece when i sold them off.

They were the best action figures ever made of SF chars. Wish the line got completed.

wizardjones
02-11-2011, 10:20 AM
While i loved those SF figures and had a complete set of round 1-2 and the variant colors. I had to sell them all over due to space. I even had like 10 Akuma in packages that neted me like $30-40 a piece when i sold them off.

They were the best action figures ever made of SF chars. Wish the line got completed.

Vince, that akuma picture on the previous page. Is that from the same line that you are speaking of? I kind of wish I didn't miss that Ryu that came out.

Vince-Vell
02-11-2011, 10:25 AM
Vince, that akuma picture on the previous page. Is that from the same line that you are speaking of? I kind of wish I didn't miss that Ryu that came out.

Ya that was the resaurus line of figures. When they came out i knew a few guys at my local game stop, they just kept the cases of figures in the back for me and i bought them all up. I had complete sets close and opened of them, with all colors. Even had the target player 3 colors.

They sure held the value all those years, and i still see them on ebay once in a while. Hell i even had the puzzle fighter figures of them too. Still got a puzzle fighter akuma in my glove compartment of my car, he travels with me....:D

wizardjones
02-11-2011, 10:48 AM
Ya that was the resaurus line of figures. When they came out i knew a few guys at my local game stop, they just kept the cases of figures in the back for me and i bought them all up. I had complete sets close and opened of them, with all colors. Even had the target player 3 colors.

They sure held the value all those years, and i still see them on ebay once in a while. Hell i even had the puzzle fighter figures of them too. Still got a puzzle fighter akuma in my glove compartment of my car, he travels with me....:D

http://cgi.ebay.com/Street-Fighter-Chun-Li-X-Sakura-PINKY-Action-Figure-NEW-/260734312533?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb4f9e055#ht_1388wt_955

Hey, I really want these and I found them in the states for about the same price. Yet, my question is how do I tell if these are fakes or not. For example, I also want:http://cgi.ebay.com/Kotobukiya-1-100-ROCKMAN-MegaMan-BRUCE-BLUES-Model-Kit-/190495657309?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c5a6d0d5d#ht_1072wt_754.

Vince-Vell
02-11-2011, 12:01 PM
No clue if they are fake....

Old Snake
02-11-2011, 12:27 PM
For the Mega Man model kits, Koto is selling them domestically, so there's no need to import. Some retailers may have them for less.

http://store.kotous.com/capcom/mega-man.html

Vince-Vell
02-11-2011, 12:55 PM
i had a mega man kit while back from a WW philly con. It held up ok, but after awhile damn thing would not stand.

wizardjones
02-11-2011, 01:28 PM
i had a mega man kit while back from a WW philly con. It held up ok, but after awhile damn thing would not stand.

Is there a site that make custom stands for action figures? Thanks for the info Old snake! They are actually $10.00 cheaper than BBTS.

Old Snake
02-11-2011, 01:42 PM
Yeah, BBTS is still selling the old import stock.

I really hope they make some of the enemy robots. No Mega Man line ever goes far enough into the roster.

wizardjones
02-11-2011, 01:49 PM
Yeah, BBTS is still selling the old import stock.

I really hope they make some of the enemy robots. No Mega Man line ever goes far enough into the roster.

Yah, some of the enemies would be great. I don't mean just the bosses from megaman 1. Maybe take some of the most popular ones from a few of them. I remember the old model kits used to look kinda cool but I couldn't afford them when I was younger.

StatueHunter75
02-11-2011, 01:54 PM
Speaking of dio's what is happening with the second one?

Seriously Jerry, we've been waiting forever to just hear something about the next diorama??? Any info?

TheSFToySpirit
02-11-2011, 03:19 PM

Wow! Great collection Vince! :thumbs2:

I only have Alex and Cammy from Resaurus... Have to buy the others!..

Vince-Vell
02-11-2011, 03:26 PM
Wow! Great collection Vince! :thumbs2:

I only have Alex and Cammy from Resaurus... Have to buy the others!..

keep a eye on ebay, i see them on once in a while. I was lucky to sell mine before the economy went south.

I remember after the second series came out, it was hard to find them. but places like toys are us and kay bee toys had tons of them except for ryu and akuma. Others were a dime a dozen for a long time.

TheSFToySpirit
02-11-2011, 03:31 PM
keep a eye on ebay, i see them on once in a while. I was lucky to sell mine before the economy went south.

I often see them on the bay, Sagat seems to be the rarest to get, but these times I have to economize my money for the 2 Sota Toys Ryu statues, so I'll wait for others things!..

Vince-Vell
02-11-2011, 03:51 PM
I often see them on the bay, Sagat seems to be the rarest to get, but these times I have to economize my money for the 2 Sota Toys Ryu statues, so I'll wait for others things!..

i wouldnt be surprised if some warehouse out there has a stock of those toys collecting dust. I remember so many stores that ordered never got their orders in. Even my comic store ordered me a set and it never came in lol.

TheSFToySpirit
02-11-2011, 06:23 PM
i wouldnt be surprised if some warehouse out there has a stock of those toys collecting dust.
You can always give to them my phone number :D